CA CA - Brian Fernandez, 21, & Olivia Gonzalez (dec'd), 20, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So is it possible she was deceased before the car went over the cliff. . .

Yeah, with this being a troubled/tumultous relationship that Olivia was possibly planning to break off, it sheds a different light on things for sure.

The distance off of the road combined with the trees and stumps that were obstructing the path off of the cliff - it sure doesn't sound like someone fell asleep or lost attention while driving and then the car left the road and went over.

It has to have rolled off from the parking lot, and from a very specific location in the parking lot - right?
If he was driving, he could have got out of the car on the pretence of getting something from the trunk and thrown his bag out and if he left the handbrake off, not left it in park etc, rolled it over. If he had the keys he could have locked the car too as he closed the trunk. Depending on time, maybe she was asleep and wouldn't notice till it was too late. This of course is only a theory and he could also be deceased. MOO

Has anybody said how far her body was from the water? I'm just thinking about a possible murder/suicide scenario where his body was washed out to sea. Could he have been thrown far enough that the storm carried him away, further into the ocean? I wonder what direction the storm was blowing at the time of the crash. Could it have blown toward the shore or away from it?

Has anybody said how far her body was from the water? I'm just thinking about a possible murder/suicide scenario where his body was washed out to sea. Could he have been thrown far enough that the storm carried him away, further into the ocean? I wonder what direction the storm was blowing at the time of the crash. Could it have blown toward the shore or away from it?
Possibility of murder and if he knew she was calling time on the relationship or at the very least, put to him that they take a break from each other, then he would be the instigator unless she wasn't truthful to her family about ending the relationship and it was a suicide pact. With an on/off relationship, don't see a suicide pact, given that she went on the trip and intended breaking off the relationship. Anything is possible at the moment. MOO

The only thing I keep going thru is one of the links posted said that they had future plans. A concert together in January. So I'm not so sure he survived, instead maybe he hasn't been found yet!?!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There is a barbed wire fence and a tiny walking path. No way in by car. The only other place with a road nearby is private property. Olivia wasnt found anywhere near this area. I'm adding photos. The Ragged Point Vista point is where the accident was. You'll notice a large area of trees.
1deb6e4e5d6aeb61653dca038485d3c0.jpg
29640a754279a80d59bf4ff2bd5c6d6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the Google views and maps of the location, the only way I can imagine an accident now is the driver nodding off while the passenger was sleeping too.

The other thought I had was that the driver was planning to back up and shifted the car to drive by mistake.

Does anyone know if the car was burned?
The dogs and her body were found outside the vehicle?

I haven't seen any suggestions that he was a violent person other than here. It seems unlikely to me (but obviously not impossible) that he would choose to murder her because of this break up when there has been no indication that he did, or even threatened to do, any malicious actions when they split up in the past. I've also only read it here that she may have broken up with him because of his violent tendencies, which makes no sense to me if she was willing to break it off with him while in a potentially dangerous place far from her family and friends. Has there been information about him that I've just missed, or are people here just assuming that this couldn't be an accident and looking for a different reason for it? TIA

I am thinking how would you go of road accidentally at this point on this road, unless you were driving with speed/anger, reckless, in bad weather, or good weather, not looking at the road or no longer caring. Large layby, not too remote as there is the inn and resort. Wouldn't be so easy to roll/push the car either with trees, stumps, but achievable.

If he was in the car with them. Then where is he?

They have divers looking in the ocean. That's why I think he either rolled out of the moving car, or survived the fall and scaled back up and escaped and is in hiding.

Does anyone know if the car was burned?
The dogs and her body were found outside the vehicle?

I don't know, but the tires weren't melted.
ETA: I don't know where the 2nd dog was found, but Olivia and the 1st dog were outside the vehicle.

I don't know, but the tires weren't melted.

Thank you. The car itself appears to have burst into flames upon impact. It's so mangled, a shell of a car.

Hard question to ask, but was she easy to identify? No burns? I hope they are able to determine cause of death, if the accident killed her, or if she died before the car went over (violent means, etc)

Her phone shut off at 4pm....still daylight. My guess is the car went over after dark, because no one saw anything.

This should be an open and shut case of a tragic accident. Instead it's a mystery.

They have divers looking in the ocean. That's why I think he either rolled out of the moving car, or survived the fall and scaled back up and escaped and is in hiding.
If he survived the fall, no need to hide if innocent. Rolling out would mean no gear for camping etc and as was said, weather wasn't too good so would mean he is as you say hiding out. He would have had a head start. IMO

Thank you. The car itself appears to have burst into flames upon impact. It's so mangled, a shell of a car.

Hard question to ask, but was she easy to identify? No burns? I hope they are able to determine cause of death, if the accident killed her, or if she died before the car went over.

Her phone shut off at 4pm....still daylight. My guess is the car went over after dark, because no one saw anything.

This should be an open and shut case of a tragic accident. Instead it's a mystery.
I too am thinking after dark. Interesting the phone shutting off at 4pm.

They said they searched the car and recovered clothes. Then the article states Brian's mother broke down. The article makes it sound like the clothes were loose in the front, not in a suitcase, but you know how articles can be vague and misleading. They didn't say whose clothes they were either. That is sticking with me. Maybe they went there and were "parking"? That could look/ be suspicious yet turn out innocent. Could also explain a shift and acceleration scenario as possible even if unlikely. Either way it's tragic and my heart goes out to both families.

MOO

Is it confirmed the car caught fire? If so how were the clothes they found still there?

If it burst into flames wouldn't someone have seen a fire?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back