CA CA - Brian Fernandez, 21, & Olivia Gonzalez (dec'd), 20, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I firmly believe this was an accident. I see nothing that would cause me to think otherwise. Just because an accident has never happened at that point per a poster doesn't mean a freak accident couldn't happen. Just because a body is still missing doesn't mean this was murder. Bodies in the ocean can take a long time to show up, sometimes miles from where they went in...if ever.

I have a hard time imagining that Brian would destroy his car and kill his dogs in order to murder Olivia. Possibly, if this was a murder-suicide, but I will believe it was an accident unless evidence shows otherwise...if nothing else, for the sake of the families.

I noticed a narrow turnout just south of the viewing area with nothing to stop a car at all. There would be no doubts if it had happened there.
I don't think it's because an accident never happened there. I think people are questioning the accident angle because of where the car went over in relation to the road.

Either a) They were parked in the lot and went straight over, fast.

b) They were driving and the driver turned the wheel sharply at just the right spot and somehow after that was still going incredibly fast.

c) Something else very unlikely.

All of it together is fishy if you have looked at the road, the lot, where they went over, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I don't think it's because an accident never happened there. I think people are questioning the accident angle because of where the car went over in relation to the road.

Either a) They were parked in the lot and went straight over, fast.

b) They were driving and the driver turned the wheel sharply at just the right spot and somehow after that was still going incredibly fast.

c) Something else very unlikely.

All of it together is fishy if you have looked at the road, the lot, where they went over, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yes. This is what confuses me. How did they end up going really fast over that cliff.

When I thought they had hydroplaned off the wet highway over a cliff--It was totally believable to me. But seeing the large parking lot, makes it less likely they wouldn't have been able to stop before reaching the edge.

And if they were stopped inside the lot, how did they end up going over in the exact right spot? And if you add in the mystery of the missing driver---it seems a bit suspicious.

Yes. This is what confuses me. How did they end up going really fast over that cliff.

When I thought they had hydroplaned off the wet highway over a cliff--It was totally believable to me. But seeing the large parking lot, makes it less likely they wouldn't have been able to stop before reaching the edge.

And if they were stopped inside the lot, how did they end up going over in the exact right spot? And if you add in the mystery of the missing driver---it seems a bit suspicious.
We don't know who was driving.

I haven't seen any suggestions that he was a violent person other than here. It seems unlikely to me (but obviously not impossible) that he would choose to murder her because of this break up when there has been no indication that he did, or even threatened to do, any malicious actions when they split up in the past. I've also only read it here that she may have broken up with him because of his violent tendencies, which makes no sense to me if she was willing to break it off with him while in a potentially dangerous place far from her family and friends. Has there been information about him that I've just missed, or are people here just assuming that this couldn't be an accident and looking for a different reason for it? TIA

I'd like to know more about why they were 'off and on.' My daughter had a bf in her teens that was kind of obsessed with her. Took her a few months to successfully break it off completely because he would not take NO for an answer. He liked her way more than she liked him. It got creepy. And stalker-ish. :eek:

So I wonder about what their relationship was really like.

ETA: after their final break up, he slashed her car tires when she was studying at a boys house that he was jealous of.

And he used to call her and say he was going to kill himself . I made her block his number and I called his mom. He stopped bothering her but he dropped out of school and went and got his GED instead. I feel like she really dodged a bullet.

Not necessarily, he had a head start, long before Olivia was found. He could be anywhere. Bryce Laspisa was never found and could have walked away from his life.

As to why she went with him, I can't speak for her mental state. It's not something I would have ever done. Maybe he promised her something. Maybe it was one last chance for romance or a long drive to talk things out...:thinking:

BBM. Another example like this- Erin Corwin went off with her lover in a rocky relationship- both married, next door neighbors, and her pregnant with the lover's child. A two hour remote drive. She thought he was going to propose to her- he killed her instead and was recently convicted. It happens. Some guys will murder when a relationship doesn't go the way they want. I found it odd in the last article I read that neither her sister, nor her best friend had ever met Brian. Obviously he wasn't the love of her life, even if she had planned to go to a New Year's Concert with him.

http://www.dailynews.com/general-new...llywood-couple

He is in the water?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

We don't know that. Divers are searching the ocean. He could have survived the crash and walked away.

BBM. Another example like this- Erin Corwin went off with her lover in a rocky relationship- both married, next door neighbors, and her pregnant with the lover's child. A two hour remote drive. She thought he was going to propose to her- he killed her instead and was recently convicted. It happens. Some guys will murder when a relationship doesn't go the way they want. I found it odd in the last article I read that neither her sister, nor her best friend had ever met Brian. Obviously he wasn't the love of her life, even if she had planned to go to a New Year's Concert with him.

http://www.dailynews.com/general-new...llywood-couple

Thanks for the response, but it really didn't address my question. Has anything been written in MSM that I've missed to back up the accusations, or are they purely speculations of members here? I've known people who have murdered/been murdered because of a relationship that went bad, but (like the case you mentioned here) the victim did not go off with the offender to break off the relationship. There was also history of bad reactions to their prior break ups with the one couple who did have an on again-off again relationship; nobody was really surprised when she was found dead.

I'll also add that when I was dating, I very seldom introduced guys I dated to family or friends. That happened only if I thought there was a chance that the relationship was going to go somewhere. I don't find it at all unusual to date someone for a few months without introducing him to anybody else in my life, but maybe that's just me.

I'd have to imagine that if the state was setting up a public 'view site' over a 350 ft cliff, they would have some kind of safety valves to prevent cars from just rolling over the edge if left in neutral, etc. I am really curious what the accident forensics experts will have to say...

I'm guessing that's what those those stumps were there for. Kind of a barrier of sorts. jmo

I'm guessing that's what those those stumps were there for. Kind of a barrier of sorts. jmo

Right. So it seems like if the car was accidentally left in neutral or something, it couldn't just slowly roll forward and down the entire cliff. It appears that it would have had to be going forward with some speed to get over the stump barriers. ? Who drives at fast speed towards a cliff in a parking lot?

It seems as though something must have really hindered their view. An animal they may have swerved to avoid at a high rate of speed.
Did this happen in the night when vision may have been hampered due to the weather.
imo...Something happened to cause them to go flying over or threw everything, but then again, would the trees have prevented that though...??? I'm puzzled about the force of whatever put them over that cliff.

It seems as though something must have really hindered their view. An animal they may have swerved to avoid at a high rate of speed.
Did this happen in the night when vision may have been hampered due to the weather.
imo...Something happened to cause them to go flying over or threw everything, but then again, would the trees have prevented that though...??? I'm puzzled about the force of whatever put them over that cliff.
If it was an accident, a blow out, if travelling at speed, in poor visibility, losing control and trying to pull in and couldn't stop in time. Thinking it was a turnoff, parking bay, in poor visibility, depending which way they were coming as there is an inn further on. JMO

That really sounds like a possibility!! ^^^^^
All those factors rolled into one............

We don't know that. Divers are searching the ocean. He could have survived the crash and walked away.
He could have for sure. He is somewhere.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

If it was an accident, a blow out, if travelling at speed, in poor visibility, losing control and trying to pull in and couldn't stop in time. Thinking it was a turnoff, parking bay, in poor visibility, depending which way they were coming as there is an inn further on. JMO

This is how I see it too, there have been a number of threads here where someone was unable to see the true nature of the road due to conditions, and mistook a ramp/dock/cliff/etc as safe roadway.

This is how I see it too, there have been a number of threads here where someone was unable to see the true nature of the road due to conditions, and mistook a ramp/dock/cliff/etc as safe roadway.

Normally I would agree. But in that particular drive, on the Pacific Coast Highway, the huge ocean is front and center, OBVIOUSLY right alongside you on your drive. For hundreds of miles they were traveling right alongside the Pacific Ocean. No way you could pull into the vista view lot and NOT KNOW the ocean was right there.

I don't know whether it was an accident or a murder/suicide but I do not think this guy is alive. whether he drove off intentionally or wrecked, I believe his body went into the water.

I don't know, but the tires weren't melted.
ETA: I don't know where the 2nd dog was found, but Olivia and the 1st dog were outside the vehicle.

The car was not burned. Nor do I believe Olivia or the dogs were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's highly likely That Brian was thrown from the car. The cliff is very shear and there is no way anyone could have survived the accident or fall. Just because Olivia and the dogs were found, Brian may have been thrown into the ocean. This is a marine preserve with Great Whites (a lot) and a tons of other animals. After 17 days, the sad fact is, there may not be much of him left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subzero55