CA CA - Brian Fernandez, 21, & Olivia Gonzalez (dec'd), 20, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<modsnip> The easiest conclusion is that it was a tragic accident (Highway 1 is a dangerous roadway under the best of conditions), but I've learned that it isn't always as simple as it seems, and many murders are set up to look like accidents. All we are doing is speculating here. Olivia and the dogs have been found, Brian is still missing which looks very suspicious. LE agrees. If and when his body is found I may consider it an accident, but it still could be murder-suicide. <modsnip>
I missed that LE thinks it is suspicious that he hasnt been found. Was this reported somewhere?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I hope they are able to find his blood in the car to prove that he was injured as well. I feel that this was a terrible accident and they both went over that cliff.

I was thinking if the car was close enough to the water line and the surf could wash through the vehicle and possibly remove any blood.What do you think?
I think he went out with the tide and got caught in a current and could wash up a few miles away.

I've been following since the beginning and I feel that due to the area where the car went off the likely scenario is murder suicide. If it weren't at that spot where it would be difficult to accidentally go off I would say definitely accident but I can't think of a likely way that car accidentally went off there in that spot. If he were not in the car someone would have seen him walking down the road at some point. In my opinion he washed out and just hasn't been found yet. AND I'm not pointing fingers at him because we don't know yet who was driving. It could go either way.
But of course I could be wrong and maybe he was not in the car. Peculiar case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To add an after thought.. I don't know what the weather was like there and have heard different reports. If they were going at high rate of speed and hydroplaned the might have been able to go off the cliff at that spot.

To add an after thought.. I don't know what the weather was like there and have heard different reports. If they were going at high rate of speed and hydroplaned the might have been able to go off the cliff at that spot.

I read it was foggy and wet. We had a car locally that hydroplaned, left the road (straight stretch of highway) with enough height to clear the guardrail and drop 30 feet into the woods. There was no evidence that a car had wrecked there at all. If someone hadnt seen it, they might have not been found for a long while. The angle of the car and wheels gripping as it hydroplaned is what made it airborne. Freak accidents happen.

Thank you!!! Whether anyone here is "formally accusing" him of murder or not, the speculation is leaving no doubt about the murder theory being vigorously promoted. Frankly, in situations like this, I prefer to choose kindness over sleuthing. If it turns out to be murder I don't mind being wrong. But that's just my way of doing things and clearly not everyone agrees. So be it.

It just gets carried away sometimes and it bothers me,not trying to be rude.Yes Lilibet,you are a kind poster.

I missed that LE thinks it is suspicious that he hasnt been found. Was this reported somewhere?

No, they just were reported to have said the situation was suspicious without saying why. It was not a direct quote.

The vehicle was being examined by investigators after it was pulled from the side of the cliff.

Investigators described the situation as suspicious and stated they continued to search for Fernandez.

At the time this was published on 1/5 I posted wondering why investigators were labeling this as suspicious so quickly. Was there evidence of tampering, of only one person in the car, or because Fernandez was still missing? It just seemed so soon after recovery of the car to make such a statement...if in fact they did.

http://abc7.com/news/car-recovered-in-suspicious-case-of-missing-noho-couple/1690037/

It just gets carried away sometimes and it bothers me,not trying to be rude.Yes Lilibet,you are a kind poster.

Thanks cuffem. I try and often fail. I didn't take your post as rude at all. It bothers me too and I appreciate you saying something. I was trying to be extra careful in my wording so it wouldn't seem that I was telling people how to post...a "no no" that I've been guilty of when I get bothered. :) Bottom line, while we all are entitled to our opinions, scroll and roll is always an option.

It would be a shame to tarnish this man's reputation only to find out he's also the victim of a tragic, horrific accident that is no one's fault.

To me, saying he killed her then ran is the same as saying she killed him and left him somewhere, then drove herself and the dogs over. That is literally no more far fetched at this point. I don't think either of those two things happened, but I can see why the discussion is taking place.

Why take the 2 dogs that far for a 1 night stay?
I have relatives that take their dogs with them even on a 200 mile (one way) trip to visit relatives for a few hours. Some people are very attached to their pets.

Where's the bourbon when you need it. Lol.

The lack of the Papini thread has brought us to this. Jmo

But I agree with all sides.

Now speaking of the dogs. I agree. People take dogs on trips. I just choose not to because my dogs run off too much and are very attention needy. Lol

:thinking:

Weren't they due back Christmas day????

DATE AND TIME OF INCIDENT: 1-3-17, Approximately 8:00 PM

http://www.slosheriff.org/press_releases.php
They weren't reported missing until 12/29 I believe. That's when the thread opened anyway. The time stamp on that is probably when the report was officially submitted.

According to this article: http://www.keyt.com/news/san-luis-o...d-point-wreckage-as-olivia-gonzalez/246281131

"A State Parks official first spotted the car and reported it at about 3:30 p.m Tuesday."

Olivia Hannah Gonzalez, 20, born on September 24, 1996 in Apple Valley, California, passed away January 3, 2017. She resided in North Hollywood, California at the time of her passing. Arrangements are under the direction of Forest Lawn, Hollywood Hills, California.

FUNERAL SERVICE Tuesday, January 17 12:00 PM Forest Lawn - Hollywood Hills - Old North Church 6300 Forest Lawn Drive Los Angeles, CA 90068

http://forestlawn.tributes.com/obituary/show/Olivia-Hannah-Gonzalez-104335868

Suggestion: we could really use a timeline and known facts about this case if anybody feels so inclined to do so.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tx-tinman
Back