CA CA - Brian Fernandez, 21, & Olivia Gonzalez (dec'd), 20, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If it was an accident, a blow out, if travelling at speed, in poor visibility, losing control and trying to pull in and couldn't stop in time. Thinking it was a turnoff, parking bay, in poor visibility, depending which way they were coming as there is an inn further on. JMO
Normally, yes I'd agree. But the fact that the car went over the stumps exactly between the trees when it's never happened before adds to the fishiness:fishy:, and the fact he hasn't turned up. One of the locals on this thread said it was not raining on the 23rd, and noone heard from her after 11:40a.m., yet her phone went dead at 4 PM. There are several hours unaccounted for. When was he in the liquor store in Cambria? Was she seen with him? Did he kill her prior to the car going over?
I'll be very curious to see an accident reconstructionist visually recreate what they think happened in this case.

It's highly likely That Brian was thrown from the car. The cliff is very shear and there is no way anyone could have survived the accident or fall. Just because Olivia and the dogs were found, Brian may have been thrown into the ocean. This is a marine preserve with Great Whites (a lot) and a tons of other animals. After 17 days, the sad fact is, there may not be much of him left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming he was in the car when it went over. The other possibility is that he left the car before it went over...

Normally, yes I'd agree. But the fact that the car went over the stumps exactly between the trees when it's never happened before adds to the fishiness:fishy:, and the fact he hasn't turned up. One of the locals on this thread said it was not raining on the 23rd, and noone heard from her after 11:40a.m., yet her phone went dead at 4 PM. There are several hours unaccounted for. When was he in the liquor store in Cambria? Was she seen with him? Did he kill her prior to the car going over?
I'll be very curious to see an accident reconstructionist visually recreate what they think happened in this case.
That was my second option, notice I put IF it was an accident. My first thoughts further up thread was that he killed her, and I agree that it could have been prior to the car going over, my post was pushing it over, locking her in after he was at the trunk. I read a report on MSM her autopsy was inconclusive, but they could still be waiting for more results or just not saying as yet. If it wasn't raining and her phone was dead, suspicious. And LE stated suspicious Friday. Also interesting that her body and both dogs found, not to say that he hasn't been washed away but they said the car was found between rocks. I didn't realise it went over between the trees. Yes totally suspicious.

That was my second option, notice I put IF it was an accident. My first thoughts further up thread was that he killed her, and I agree that it could have been prior to the car going over, my post was pushing it over, locking her in after he was at the trunk. I read a report on MSM her autopsy was inconclusive, but they could still be waiting for more results or just not saying as yet. If it wasn't raining and her phone was dead, suspicious. And LE stated suspicious Friday. Also interesting that her body and both dogs found, not to say that he hasn't been washed away but they said the car was found between rocks. I didn't realise it went over between the trees. Yes totally suspicious.

I also wish we knew if any of his blood was found in the car, it might help sway us one direction or another.

The timeline bothers me because they both told their families they would be home to spend Christmas with them. But they only left for the camping trip on the 23rd. And Big Sur is 6 hours away from LA.

So how do you leave on the 23rd on a camping trip that is 6 hrs away----but intend to be home by the 25th? They were only going for one night?
Seems like a long drive for a one night trip.
Very good points

That bothers me as well. I realize everyone has different traditions, but in my family Christmas celebrations involves traditions around both Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning. If I told my family I'm going camping 2 days before Christmas but I'll be back for Christmas, it would NOT fly with them if I showed up Christmas Evening. They would be peeved at me, especially if I ran off with an on-again, off again boyfriend I had told them I wanted to break up with again.
Something not right about this trip. 6hr drive and they leave on 23rd, due back Christmas morning and why take the two dogs for just a couple of nights. Why not go after Christmas. Why go at all if you wanted to break up with him. Very strange JMO

I went to Ragged Point and the crash site yesterday and searched for Brian. Day 4, and the sheriff I spoke with said with four divers and the helicopter, there is still no sign of Brian. The area where the car went off is interesting. There is only one spot on the vista where the car could have gone off the edge. It would have rolled 20 ft before ever sloping down towards the edge. There are four tree stumps and two full grown trees at the cliffs edge to stop cars from going over. There was no rain that day and while they found Olivia and two dogs 10 days after the accident, there had been no sight of Brian. Still looking. I have a couple of thoughts after visiting the site and speaking with different people out there. I've been a local here my whole life. There had never been an accident at that spot
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you and good to get a perspective from someone who was there and local too. Interesting there has never been an accident at that spot.

Unless she was driving, there's no way I can believe that he wasn't in the car when it went over and thrown out at some point on the way down. For people who feel like he had to have done something to cause it, I have another (very unlikely) scenario. They may have gotten into a big argument and he got, or seemed close to getting, violent. She could have taken off with the car to get away from him, and either he used someone else's car to chase her or they were stopped on the road not far from where the car went off the road. If she was panicking and maybe watching in the rear view mirror, she may not have realized what happened until it was too late to stop or turn.

I still believe that he was driving and died with her and the dogs, but I'm always willing to consider other possibilities. I just don't believe that the car was stopped and pushed or rolled off or that he somehow jumped out and survived. MOO

Unless she was driving, there's no way I can believe that he wasn't in the car when it went over and thrown out at some point on the way down. For people who feel like he had to have done something to cause it, I have another (very unlikely) scenario. They may have gotten into a big argument and he got, or seemed close to getting, violent. She could have taken off with the car to get away from him, and either he used someone else's car to chase her or they were stopped on the road not far from where the car went off the road. If she was panicking and maybe watching in the rear view mirror, she may not have realized what happened until it was too late to stop or turn.

I still believe that he was driving and died with her and the dogs, but I'm always willing to consider other possibilities. I just don't believe that the car was stopped and pushed or rolled off or that he somehow jumped out and survived. MOO

Okay, let's consider that theory: who else's car would he haven gotten to chase her? Carjacking? He wasn't from the area. It's several hours drive from the L.A. area.

Maybe we should wait and see if the mans body is found at sea or washed up on beach somewhere,this man most likely died in accident and he is being accused of murder with nothing to go on,remember his family may be reading here and there seems to be a lot of reaching to make up a scenario of murder.
Can you imagine your loved one is missing and possibly dead and you read this?

Okay, let's consider that theory: who else's car would he haven gotten to chase her? Carjacking? He wasn't from the area. It's several hours drive from the L.A. area.
Like I said, it's a very unlikely scenario. It would also leave us with the question of where he is now. It's hard for me to come up with a plausible explanation for something I don't really believe happened. I can't think of any reason for him not being in the car other than that he was thrown from it during the accident or she was driving the car without him in it when it happened.

Maybe we should wait and see if the mans body is found at sea or washed up on beach somewhere,this man most likely died in accident and he is being accused of murder with nothing to go on,remember his family may be reading here and there seems to be a lot of reaching to make up a scenario of murder.

<modsnip> The easiest conclusion is that it was a tragic accident (Highway 1 is a dangerous roadway under the best of conditions), but I've learned that it isn't always as simple as it seems, and many murders are set up to look like accidents. All we are doing is speculating here. Olivia and the dogs have been found, Brian is still missing which looks very suspicious. LE agrees. If and when his body is found I may consider it an accident, but it still could be murder-suicide. <modsnip>

Like I said, it's a very unlikely scenario. It would also leave us with the question of where he is now. It's hard for me to come up with a plausible explanation for something I don't really believe happened. I can't think of any reason for him not being in the car other than that he was thrown from it during the accident or she was driving the car without him in it when it happened.
I can in that if he wanted to kill her because she was leaving him. The old "If I can't have you, nobody can" attitude.

I can in that if he wanted to kill her because she was leaving him. The old "If I can't have you, nobody can" attitude.

I could see him wanting her dead and even killing her, but I already explained why I don't believe he forced the car over the cliff or drove it and jumped out. I can't see any way for him to have been responsible for the crash without him dying or causing her to drive over the edge from somewhere outside the car. Without any other form of transportation, I also can't see him leaving the area once she was dead without being given a ride by someone or at least being seen by many people as he walked away.

If he had another ride away from there, I'd say they could have gotten into an argument while standing on the overlook, and she got scared of him. Then she might have jumped into the car and just stepped on the gas, put it in gear and ran over the cliff before having a chance to turn to the road. It's just that I don't see him leaving there without being seen by anyone.

I hope they are able to find his blood in the car to prove that he was injured as well. I feel that this was a terrible accident and they both went over that cliff.

Does anyone remember what time they were last seen in that area before disappearing?

Thank you!!! Whether anyone here is "formally accusing" him of murder or not, the speculation is leaving no doubt about the murder theory being vigorously promoted. Frankly, in situations like this, I prefer to choose kindness over sleuthing. If it turns out to be murder I don't mind being wrong. But that's just my way of doing things and clearly not everyone agrees. So be it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subzero55
Back