CA CA - Brian Fernandez, 21, & Olivia Gonzalez (dec'd), 20, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Suggestion: we could really use a timeline and known facts about this case if anybody feels so inclined to do so.
Once you build that out, LinasK, I'll totally respond to it. :happydance:

WoW! They are saying this accident happened on 1/3. I wonder if that's just the date the family is using since that's when they found her, or if the coroner told them that.

Beacause in the keys.com article posted 1/3 at 5:00 pm it specifically states "Officials said the body had been exposed to the elements for some time, according to the SLO County Sheriff's Office."

http://www.keyt.com/news/san-luis-o...d-point-wreckage-as-olivia-gonzalez/246281131

Ms Gonzalez and her boyfriend Brian Fernandez, 21, were reported missing on Christmas Day when they failed to return from a road trip to Big Sur.

Police located the couple's car crashed off Highway 1 on Tuesday but only confirmed the identity of Ms Gonzalez on Wednesday, according to the LA Times.

Now I think Tuesday was on 1/3 when they were found. Even though they were last seen or heard from on 12/23

Well, now I'm really confused. The car accident was on 1/3? Or was that when Olivia and the dog(s) were pronounced dead? Or both?

They last used their credit card at this Cambria gas station.

1484032754133768936182001.jpg

Well, now I'm really confused. The car accident was on 1/3? Or was that when Olivia and the dog(s) were pronounced dead? Or both?

Thats when the wreck and bodies were found via helicopter

BREAKING NEWS:::::[ bad news...]

Just now on local ch 2 news; POLICE FOUND A CAR OVER A CLIFF BY RAGGED POINT--- one body has been found and one dog has been found so far---but the just now reached the wreckage

They found the car on 1/3 at about 4 or 5 so the article is wrong saying 8pm time of death. They may just be saying that because that is when she was found?

They found the car on 1/3 at about 4 or 5 so the article is wrong saying 8pm time of death. They may just be saying that because that is when she was found?

Thats probably the time that the coroner pronounced it.

But it takes time to estimate the actual time or estimated date of death.

Actually, I think it was initially reported to have been spotted at 3:30 pm, and the article posted around 5:00 pm.

WoW! They are saying this accident happened on 1/3. I wonder if that's just the date the family is using since that's when they found her, or if the coroner told them that.

Beacause in the keys.com article posted 1/3 at 5:00 pm it specifically states "Officials said the body had been exposed to the elements for some time, according to the SLO County Sheriff's Office."

http://www.keyt.com/news/san-luis-o...d-point-wreckage-as-olivia-gonzalez/246281131
They weren't reported missing until 12/29 I believe. That's when the thread opened anyway. The time stamp on that is probably when the report was officially submitted.

According to this article: http://www.keyt.com/news/san-luis-o...d-point-wreckage-as-olivia-gonzalez/246281131

"A State Parks official first spotted the car and reported it at about 3:30 p.m Tuesday."

So the sisters comment about the rocky relationship was made before her sister was found.

Is that the date they found the car? The article is vague, probably have to wait for autopsy to determine time of death?
Odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that's the date the car was spotted. They said her body had been exposed to the elements for some time. I expect that the accident happened on 12/23 around the time Olivia's phone shut off at 4:00 pm. JMO

Actually, I think it was initially reported to have been spotted at 3:30 pm, and the article posted around 5:00 pm.
I could be wrong, but I think they normally use the time a person is pronounced dead. Even if the car was found at 3:30 and her body found at 5:00, it's possible that no doctor/coroner declared her dead until 8:00 pm.

BBM

I suspect the family is using the date that they became aware of her death. Until then, she was alive to them, so in a sense she died to them on 1/3. Just a theory since they don't know the actual date of her death and may never.

Wouldnt his body wash up near the rocks?

Graphic pic

attachment.php

His body could show up miles away from the crash and quite some time later.

From my post 133...

It's not uncommon for the bodies couples who disappear into the ocean to show up at different times and places. This was the case with Sean Yamaguchi and Elise Dickey who drowned on the Oregon coast.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...ed_off_ca.html

Elise and Sean's bodies were pulled in different directions from where they fell into the ocean and were found in separate locations a few days apart over two weeks later. As I recall, the locations were a couple of miles apart.

Stop the accusatory speculation on Fernandez. He is a missing person and considered a victim until/unless LE advises otherwise.

Just because LE says the circumstances are suspicious, there are other possibilities as to what may have occurred that do not involve BF being responsible.

Saying one would apologize to the family if they were wrong doesn't cut it. Too little too late.

WS is victim friendly. Keep it that way.

:tyou:

Some dogs are playful and will try to hop on your lap while you are driving. So this could have been a distraction accident where you accidentally hit the gas while trying to stop the dogs from playing with you while slowly driving.

Btw. Another scenario.

One time a water bottle rolled under my gas pedal and I couldn't accelerate until bending down to remove the bottle while actually driving.

So what if a empty soda can or bottle rolled under the brake which made it impossible to hit the brake all of the way.

Especially since we all have driven with people that cars are full of debris with objects rolling around on the floor.

Idk. Just a quick possible for now.

Imo. The police may call it suspicious if there were no brake skid marks in that perimeter.

So it is probable that this was something that happened with no time to react the brake pedal

Is it possible she was deceased before she left the home? SSomething just not right here.

Given that it was a couple of weeks before she and the car were found AND the state of the car, I'm guessing that any blunt force injuries sustained before the car went over the cliff might well be lost in all the other damage.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tx-tinman
Back