CA CA - Brian Fernandez, 21, & Olivia Gonzalez (dec'd), 20, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think I read they went off the cliff about a mile south of Ragged Point. Was there a lookout at the location where the car went over?

I think I read they went off the cliff about a mile south of Ragged Point. Was there a lookout at the location where the car went over?
My understanding is yes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So just what direction does everyone suppose they were driving before they ended up down the cliff?

:thinking:

I have been thinking this too, but either way you would slow down to exit the main road. Unless they were coming towards the inn and resort and mistook the viewpoint for the turn off to the inn but it would require poor visibility, darkness or major brake failure to do this IMO. How long a drive from where they made purchases on 23rd to Ragged Point? Anyone know.

I revised the map from Cambria where they last used their CC and bought liquor....to the Ragged Point Lookout = 32 minutes or 24.3 miles.

If you put the google guy down at 19019 Cabrillo Hwy you will be looking straight at the 4 stumps.

https://goo.gl/maps/t6JuZvm1SeN2

I revised the map from Cambria where they last used their CC and bought liquor....to the Ragged Point Lookout = 32 minutes or 24.3 miles.

If you put the google guy down at 19019 Cabrillo Hwy you will be looking straight at the 4 stumps.

https://goo.gl/maps/t6JuZvm1SeN2
Based on the distance they could have been there before dark and as another poster suggested to watch the sun go down. What we don't know is which day the car went over. No contact on phones from 4pm 23rd could mean no signal (forget your phone, APs, google maps as phone signal is almost non existent the tourist guide Info tells me) or something happened that day. JMO

We don't know that. Divers are searching the ocean. He could have survived the crash and walked away.

Given the state the car is in, I don't think anyone could have survived. Jmo

WoW! They are saying this accident happened on 1/3. I wonder if that's just the date the family is using since that's when they found her, or if the coroner told them that.

Beacause in the keys.com article posted 1/3 at 5:00 pm it specifically states "Officials said the body had been exposed to the elements for some time, according to the SLO County Sheriff's Office."

http://www.keyt.com/news/san-luis-o...d-point-wreckage-as-olivia-gonzalez/246281131
They always use the date the body was found as the "official" date of death, even though they know the death occurred days, weeks, months before.

Out of supposedly 4 dead. Why wasn't his body found near them?
Presuming they (and the dogs) were thrown from the car, they could have been thrown at different places (eg, her halfway down, him further down) and/or in different directions (eg, her passenger side, him driver side), and the way that car must have been rolling and bouncing down the cliff, one could have ejected nearer to the ground and the other thrown at a high point of a bounce.

It could be as simple as LE treating *everything* as suspicious at first, until they determine that it for sure wasn't. IOW, even if they do believe it was an accident, their job is to make sure non-accidental causes are ruled out before officially declaring it an accident.

Bumping since some of us may have been sound asleep when this was posted early this morning. :bed:

Stop the accusatory speculation on Fernandez. He is a missing person and considered a victim until/unless LE advises otherwise.

Just because LE says the circumstances are suspicious, there are other possibilities as to what may have occurred that do not involve BF being responsible.

Saying one would apologize to the family if they were wrong doesn't cut it. Too little too late.

WS is victim friendly. Keep it that way.

:tyou:

It could be as simple as LE treating *everything* as suspicious at first, until they determine that it for sure wasn't. IOW, even if they do believe it was an accident, their job is to make sure non-accidental causes are ruled out before officially declaring it an accident.

While I don't have a clue as to what did happen, I do think LE has cause to say it is suspicious. If it were just a matter of wanting to rule things out, I think they would do so without calling it suspicious. Why cause gossip & speculation unnecessarily. LE certainly doesn't take that headache when they don't have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been following since the beginning and I feel that due to the area where the car went off the likely scenario is murder suicide. If it weren't at that spot where it would be difficult to accidentally go off I would say definitely accident but I can't think of a likely way that car accidentally went off there in that spot. If he were not in the car someone would have seen him walking down the road at some point. In my opinion he washed out and just hasn't been found yet. AND I'm not pointing fingers at him because we don't know yet who was driving. It could go either way.
But of course I could be wrong and maybe he was not in the car. Peculiar case.

I have been looking at every option and keep coming back to what you say.

No skid marks. It's a dirt and paved area. We've had a ton of rain since the accident; any skid marks are long gone. However, the roots to the far right (facing the ocean) were definitely scuffed and the tree at the cliff in front of it had three broken branches. We searched the beach for hours. Found a pair of socks with dog fur (balled together, may have flown out of the car or not related at all.) This is not an area there should have been an accident. The possibility I came up with was that maybe Olivia and Brian pulled over to take a nap on there way to Big Sur (headed north) and one of the dogs jumped up front and shifted the gears into neutral or drive, sending the car rolling before anyone could wake up and notice. I am concerned though that they haven't found Brian. But if they were sleeping, more than likely their seat belts were off.

Interesting that there hasn't been and in your opinion shouldn't be an accident In this area. Driving north would make sense. Hopefully LE will pick up some locations from their phones if there were some signal spots.

No signal at all in this area. You have to drive about 10 min south to get cell service. And even then it's spotty.

I also wish we knew if any of his blood was found in the car, it might help sway us one direction or another.

Not sure about the tide line goes up to on the rocks compared to where the car landed but could the waves have washed any blood out of the car?Not sur if this is possible just asking because it keeps coming up.

SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY, Calif. - The California Highway Patrol and the SLO County Sheriff's Office, along with Cal Fire, are investigating a vehicle over the side on state Route 1 just south of Ragged Point in San Luis Obispo County.

A State Parks official first spotted the car and reported it at about 3:30 p.m Tuesday.

Just SOUTH of Ragged Point. Having driven back and forth that makes more sense than north stated in the above tweet.

I think by comparing to the photo in the tweet I posted that this is the spot https://www.google.com/maps/@35.7755429,-121.3270926,3a,75y,192.79h,87.15t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sCZuY-8fcEjLlMQdF5iAnhA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

View attachment 107177

Case Map

:bump: For those asking

This is hard to write, but could the young man's body be lodged in the rocks somewhere?
It appears to be quite a drop down to the ocean....

Oh gawd that sounds so awful, please forgive me.

IF the crash occurred shortly after they were in Cambia, they would have been travelling northbound & had to have crossed the southbound lane of oncoming traffic (if there was any traffic) which is merely an observation on my part.

:whistle:

Unless I have missed anything reading the back threads I didn't see a time mentioned for the store. Checked MSM and couldn't find a time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s8832985
Back