CA CA - Brian Fernandez, 21, & Olivia Gonzalez (dec'd), 20, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Out of supposedly 4 dead. Why wasn't his body found near them?

Out of supposedly 4 dead. Why wasn't his body found near them?

They said the wreckage had been down there for a while. That would mean several tides coming and going. Also there were storms in the area, lots of rain.

What if the driver accidentally punched the gas when they meant to slam on the brakes? :(

Also, isn't Brian's phone the one that turned off later, around 4:00 pm?

When I was a kid, I remember the tides along Big Sur being reeeeeealllly strong and my uncle being bit on the ankle by a shark down there. If Brian landed in the water or near it, his body probably would have been pulled out, down and far away before the sea gave him back. There could still be evidence in the car trapped in little creases or pockets where it couldn't be washed away (hopefully) considering they were able to recover clothes etc.

As another example, there was a 20-something in Ireland last year and a girl in Oregon that were both found quite some time after going missing after they washed up. The Irish lad was found several km away from where he could have entered the sea, and the girl in a nearby shallow inlet where things wash up regularly. I think it is odd for LE to believe they should have found him by now - sea rescues are needles in haystacks with added complications. Maybe they feel it was suspicious because of where damage was found at the scene (or the lack of it) or they haven't found any evidence of Brian at all to suggest he was even there. That certainly doesn't mean he wasn't.

This article has another photo of the car and cliff - you can see that it is not vertical but still very steep (ie the car likely tumbled rather than fell). At the end is a little slideshow with a map that gives a timeline.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/article125086044.html

Here is a direct link to the slideshow so you can see everything: https://uploads.knightlab.com/story...df4fa0d1da49ce/ragged-point-couple/draft.html

What if the driver accidentally punched the gas when they meant to slam on the brakes? :(

Also, isn't Brian's phone the one that turned off later, around 4:00 pm?

According to the timeline map linked in my last post, both of their phones went off around the same time, so that is when things started to go wrong IMO. I also had a thought, sundown was 4:58pm that day, so if the sun was setting, they would have wanted to see it at the lookout, right? That would make heading that way around 4pm a logical thing to do.

According to the timeline map linked in my last post, both of their phones went off around the same time, so that is when things started to go wrong IMO. I also had a thought, sundown was 4:58pm that day, so if the sun was setting, they would have wanted to see it at the lookout, right? That would make heading that way around 4pm a logical thing to do.

I have driven that same route numerous times and rarely have cell phone coverage from a point not too far after crossing the Bixby Creek Bridge and well beyond the Big Sur National Forest. That may possibly explain the cell phone outage.

Imho...if one(he) didn't have a seat belt on and she did that he could have been thrown father away and into the water.
I also feel as though the dogs may have caused the car to go off the cliff. Example if they were parked on a slight downward hill and the car was knocked into neutral. I have no idea which direction the car would be parked if they were watching the sunset. If they had gotten out or sat in the car with it running.
As I mentioned earlier they did have plans to attend a concert together in January. I just don't see him hurting her and his dogs.
Just moo

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Imho...if one(he) didn't have a seat belt on and she did that he could have been thrown father away and into the water.
I also feel as though the dogs may have caused the car to go off the cliff. Example if they were parked on a slight downward hill and the car was knocked into neutral. I have no idea which direction the car would be parked if they were watching the sunset. If they had gotten out or sat in the car with it running.
As I mentioned earlier they did have plans to attend a concert together in January. I just don't see him hurting her and his dogs.
Just moo

If they were parked up, they must have parked in the one gap between the tree stumps used as barriers at the location, from what I can see in the video and the info from the local poster who was assisting the search. They would be facing the gap if watching the sunset. Opèning the doorsto get out there wouldn't be that safe for the dogs. As a dog owner I can concur they can be boisterous especially after a long journey and a car coming to a standstill. Let me out time. They were big dogs to be able to get through the gap in between thè seats but not beyond the realms of possibility, that one of them jumped through, excitement, frustration. Driving in and parking too close to the edge and the tyres losing their grip trying to reverse back out could also happen, but less likely unless the car was on a slope. JMO

The more I look at this, the less possible it seems that the car just rolled off the edge. Would they not have needed to be going pretty fast to cause that much damage? I find it unlikely that they would have gone off the edge between trees. Maybe they hit the stumps and flipped over the top of them. Someone could have pulled out in front of them, causing them to swerve and lose control. Or a squirrel or something could have ran into the road. It's nearly impossible to say from what we know.

A Big Sur road trip has been on my bucket list for a long time. But I'm terrified of heights, narrow / winding mountain roads, water AND sharks. So, I will probably cross this one off my list. This poor couple, no matter how it happened ... how terrifying.

A Big Sur road trip has been on my bucket list for a long time. But I'm terrified of heights, narrow / winding mountain roads, and water. I will probably cross this one off my list. This poor couple, no matter how it happened ... how terrifying.

You can do what my mother did. She only drove the NORTH BOUND PCH , where the ocean and cliffs were on the other side of the highway. then when it was time to return home, she went inland, and drove an alternate route, without the scary cliffs. :wink:

You can do what my mother did. She only drove the NORTH BOUND PCH , where the ocean and cliffs were on the other side of the highway. then when it was time to return home, she went inland, and drove an alternate route, without the scary cliffs. :wink:

Are there a lot of accidents along the PCH? It nearly gives me a panic attack to think about it now.

BBM

I suspect the family is using the date that they became aware of her death. Until then, she was alive to them, so in a sense she died to them on 1/3. Just a theory since they don't know the actual date of her death and may never.

Thank you! I agree with you and think the same about the family and the day of death. I was just confused because I knew they went missing/crashed at the end of December, so that just confused me for a bit.

Just moo

I've been thinking the same thing, sadly. If Brian wasn't wearing a seatbelt, he could have been thrown very far. Those roads are treacherous, especially with the reported weather conditions while they were driving back. Also, I cant imagine someone going on a trip to essentially break up with a person. I just can't see him killing her or his dogs, either. And to know they had a planned concert in January.

I'm sure most everyone knows this, but about their phones going off at or around the same time-I don't know what type of phone's they have, but my iPhone has been broken two seperate times. One from being thrown in a pool, the other from being dropped on the ground. They both shut off at that moment. That makes complete sense to me that theirs, too, would shut off immediately. It had sounded as if people had issues/questions with the timing of the phones going off?

So just what direction does everyone suppose they were driving before they ended up down the cliff?

:thinking:

So just what direction does everyone suppose they were driving before they ended up down the cliff?

:thinking:
I have been thinking this too, but either way you would slow down to exit the main road. Unless they were coming towards the inn and resort and mistook the viewpoint for the turn off to the inn but it would require poor visibility, darkness or major brake failure to do this IMO. How long a drive from where they made purchases on 23rd to Ragged Point? Anyone know.

Once you build that out, LinasK, I'll totally respond to it. :happydance:

After being attacked viciously personally on this thread last night I have no intention of doing that!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back