CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
10 a.m. here - haven't looked up news on him but still hoping it's not him!!! But where could he be?????

Thanks so much, kevsrebla. Wow, this is pretty crazy. He was obviously in major emotional/psychological distress. I hope he is able to be found.

kevsrebla, Welcome to Websleuths! Great timeline and thanks for posting it.

Maybe add some links to the various articles and interviews so people can go back and reference the original sources for more information?

Ok... so now I'm extra confused. Chico branch made sense, but this story is saying it was Sierra College in Rocklin. http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news...nt/-/12970852/21771812/-/q92w68z/-/index.html. So his girlfriend(ex?) is at Chico state, Bryce was at Rocklin Sierra College, and family is in SoCal? Rocklin and Roseville LE haven't been contacted according to this story.

Sorry if this is a repeat, I didn't recall seeing it, but admittedly may have missed it. The story includes an interview with the former roommate, and with the girlfriend. This interview/story says he was starting his second year at Sierra College.

In this story they're saying he wanted a fresh new start in a new community and that he'd recently moved to Northern CA for school at Rocklin's Sierra College. He lived with the interviewed room-mate last Spring but they were evicted from the dorms. I wonder where he was living, and where he moved to? Roommate also says that they didn't depart on very good terms and he expected "nothing good from the path that he [Bryce] was on." :( This scares me. Doesn't scare me that the roommate would be even remotely involved, but obviously something's been wrong for awhile if this all happened last Spring.

All in the story above. Sorry again if it's a repeat.

Could the eviction in spring mean the end of the Rocklin Sierra College school year (May or June) 2012/13?

Then where did he live?

did he return to Laguna Niguel to live with his parents for the summer until school started in the fall?

:dunno:

Could the eviction in spring mean the end of the Rocklin Sierra College school year (May or June) 2012/13?

Then where did he live?

did he return to Laguna Niguel to live with his parents for the summer until school started in the fall?

:dunno:

Monday August 26 Bryce attends his speech class and web design class at Sierra College and has a “good normal conversation” with his mother, according to her. The family has a photo taken that afternoon of a “happy” Bryce posing with a Madden sports video game.

So it sounds like he was taking a couple of summer classes. In a earlier article his mother mentions his apartment. Was something about returning to his apt (or they thought he had) after his visit to his GF to breakup with her.

Yes, exactly. Driving out Lake Hughes Rd to the lake is remote, however that part of town off the I-5 is not at all remote. Definitely what BL described to his mom as "suburban". It used to be a short remote stretch from Castaic to Santa Clarita Valley, but not anymore. It's pretty much all built up from Castaic to SCV. (For those not local)

They said he had red/white Nike's on. One of the pics on the FB page has him wearing them. VERY easily identifiable.

BBM: Is this the photo/are these these the Nikes? If so, yes - those are very distinctive!

998792_619793918065015_1356604986_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...406791.-2207520000.1378390792.&type=3&theater

To clear up where he went to college, etc. He went to Sierra college in Rocklin. He was in the dorm last year and is in an apartment this year (possibly located in Roseville, which I believe to be adjacent to Rocklin.) He went home for the summer and returned mid-August with his parents to move him into his apartment. His girlfriend goes to school and lives in Chico, about two hours away from where he went to school. I think, based off of photos on his Facebook, that he met his girlfriend at Sierra college the previous year.

Also, the photo in the timeline above that his mother references isn't a photo she took, rather a photo that was posted on his Instagram account.

I think he may have been big into video games from some comments on his Instagram account. I would not be surprised if he took some sort of drug when he played video games.

http://ktla.com/2013/09/04/body-burned-out-vehicle-found-near-castaic-lake/#axzz2dyrd4vTL

I'm thinking it is not him. In watching this news report I noticed the size of the body when they are removing it from the scene. Does not look like a tall lanky 19 year old. I could be wrong as the body may have been bloated but looks a little to thick through the middle to be BL.

Maybe it is some type of stabilizer under the blanket?

Also the video did bring up something interesting - it talks about did he have someone in the suv with him...

Roommate Hoping for the Best after Sierra College Student Goes Missing
... “I think that he’s trying to find himself right now. He doesn’t want to be found,” [SD, BL's roommate] said. ...

... This is a text message, the last one [SD] got from Bryce that night.
“I love you bro, seriously. You are the best person I’ve ever met. You saved my soul.” ...

... “[I’m] not worried because I know that though he may be having some issues right now, [but] I can’t see him doing that to himself,” [SD] said. “I just have hope that that’s not him.”

That’s why [SD] left Bryce’s high tops next to their front door. ...

“He left it, like he was, he only grabbing the essentials. He left everything else, like he still has most of his clothes here. His T.V. here … He told us he would come back on Labor Day.” ...

http://fox40.com/2013/09/04/roommate-hoping-for-the-best-after-sierra-college-student-goes-missing/

To clear up where he went to college, etc. He went to Sierra college in Rocklin. He was in the dorm last year and is in an apartment this year (possibly located in Roseville, which I believe to be adjacent to Rocklin.) He went home for the summer and returned mid-August with his parents to move him into his apartment. His girlfriend goes to school and lives in Chico, about two hours away from where he went to school. I think, based off of photos on his Facebook, that he met his girlfriend at Sierra college the previous year.

Also, the photo in the timeline above that his mother references isn't a photo she took, rather a photo that was posted on his Instagram account.

I think he may have been big into video games from some comments on his Instagram account. I would not be surprised if he took some sort of drug when he played video games.

I mean no disrespect but why would he take some sort of drug to play video games? I am a gamer and so is many of my friends and we don't take drugs to play. So I was just confused why playing video games would mean he would take a drug to play? From what I understand about uppers, you wouldn't want to sit in front of a tv screen. But I could be wrong... ? I guess maybe heroine or something like that but not to play video games... I dunno..

... “I think that he’s trying to find himself right now. He doesn’t want to be found,” [SD, BL's roommate] said. ...

“I love you bro, seriously. You are the best person I’ve ever met. You saved my soul.” ...

... “[I’m] not worried because I know that though he may be having some issues right now, [but] I can’t see him doing that to himself,” [SD] said. “I just have hope that that’s not him.”

“He left it, like he was, he only grabbing the essentials. He left everything else, like he still has most of his clothes here. His T.V. here … He told us he would come back on Labor Day.” ...

http://fox40.com/2013/09/04/roommate-hoping-for-the-best-after-sierra-college-student-goes-missing/

Defiantly sounds like there is something going on on a very personal level there.

Monday August 26 Bryce attends his speech class and web design class at Sierra College and has a “good normal conversation” with his mother, according to her. The family has a photo taken that afternoon of a “happy” Bryce posing with a Madden sports video game.

So it sounds like he was taking a couple of summer classes. In a earlier article his mother mentions his apartment. Was something about returning to his apt (or they thought he had) after his visit to his GF to breakup with her.

The KCRA.com article of 9-4-13 reports that Bryce returned to his apartment in Roseville two weeks ago to start his second year at Rocklin Sierra College...

so I assume classes for school year 2013/14 started about two weeks ago...

JMO

If he was planning to come back on Labor Day that was going to be a really quick trip -- a lot of driving for a little time at home -- there must have been something that he really wanted to talk to his family about in person.

This would clear up how Bryce and his gf met...

They both attended Sierra College in Rocklin last school year...

she "graduated" and is now attending (and living near) Chico State College...

whereas Bryce returned to Rocklin Sierra College for his second year...

JMO

Per news reporter Rowena in first video... Bryce was struggling to find a job...

JMO...this could have added to his anxiety...

I'm sensing doom and gloom in this case ...
Did BL have a past drug problem? Hence the just took one pill statement.

Just prior to and during trip, BL seemed to have severed ties with g/f and thanked roomy, in text, for saving his soul.

Did BL leave, in his SUV, any sort of note/letter to his parents? Or, send one in the mail?

Did he go on a final drug bender and self immolate in hopes of destroying the evidence of drugs?
:( All unpleasant and very sad thoughts if any is true. All JMO and speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member