CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. He should have been in contact with someone if he is okay, even if he didn't want to go home or back to school. Doesn't sound like he would worry his parents intentionally. JMO

That said, we have seen it before with this age group, just taking off and not thinking of the chaos caused. Or being in a state of mind not to care. So who knows.

Might also have amnesia if he struck his head on something in the accident....

Uncle of missing Naperville Central grad: 'That's more than likely him'

Los Angeles Times, Tribune Staff
7:41 p.m. CDT, September 6, 2013

Officials have not yet identified a burned body found near an area north of Los Angeles where authorities have been searching for a missing former Naperville resident, but an uncle said in television interview that the body “more than likely” was the missing man.

The Los Angeles County coroner’s department had not yet identified the body as of Friday afternoon and officials said they don’t expect to have more information for at least a few more days.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...more-than-likely-him-20130906,0,2733683.story

Okay...

Please forgive me for my confusion...

But... Am I correct that...

there is no video of Bryce at 7-11...

Video at Ralph's is still being processed...

Bryce bought a drink somewhere....

where did he buy the drink?

Do they have a receipt/record of it at THAT place...

and do they have video of him at THAT place...

How do they even know he bought a drink... Other than maybe he told his mom by phone?

TIA...:seeya:

Okay...

How do they even know he bought a drink... Other than maybe he told his mom by phone?

no vid from the 7-11
not sure about Ralph's
, he bought a $1.71 beverage from a Shell gas station near Buttonwillow exit on the corner of Tracey Ave and Lagoon Dr, they do have receipt/cc transaction , no vid from there either

no vid from the 7-11
not sure about Ralph's
, he bought a $1.71 beverage from a Shell gas station near Buttonwillow exit on the corner of Tracey Ave and Lagoon Dr, they do have receipt/cc transaction , no vid from there either

Thank you so much! :seeya:

Okay...

From timeline:

11:00 p.m. Thursday - Bryce tells his mother he’s buying a beverage at a gas station. A purchase is made for $1.71, she said.

Shortly after midnight Thursday - “He tells me he’s on the I-5 south but he’s telling me nothing,” she said.

Sounds like the beverage purchase was made in Buttonwillow, possibly near the Buttonwillow truck stop. If so, I would think/hope they would have a video of the purchase though I don't believe we have heard that said/read that being the case.

As a fellow road tripper I have been looking at the route Bryce would have taken to the point where his SUV was found. There only seems to be one exit of of I-5, which dumps you onto The Old Road(yes they name it that), from there to Lake Hughes Rd. Using google maps I followed LHR up towards the lake. I am only at Castaic Lagoon and have seen two parks and a couple of shoulders big enough to pull off on. What I am getting at is, if it was me looking for a spot to park and sleep, there would be several place I would be within a mile of I-5. I am just wondering how he got so far up the LHR.

From timeline:

11:00 p.m. Thursday - Bryce tells his mother he’s buying a beverage at a gas station. A purchase is made for $1.71, she said.

Shortly after midnight Thursday - “He tells me he’s on the I-5 south but he’s telling me nothing,” she said.

Sounds like the beverage purchase was made in Buttonwillow, possibly near the Buttonwillow truck stop. If so, I would think/hope they would have a video of the purchase though I don't believe we have heard that said/read that being the case.

Shell gas station near Buttonwillow exit on the corner of Tracey Ave and Lagoon Dr, they do have receipt/cc transaction

It's about 85 miles from where his SUV was found, 1 hr 20 minute travel time, last call was at 2.08 am meaning he left Buttonwillow at about 12.40am assuming he made no stops

Last Friday, BL went off the radar. Sat, Sun & Mon were a holiday weekend.
On the lake, there must have been a lot of boaters/fishermen/water-skiers (if allowed) .

Any reports of boaters seeing a red haired young man all by himself on the shore
or swimming between the general area of the SUV crash and the shoreline
directly below the recovered body site?

Is swimming/water-skiing allowed in Lake Castaic?

With BL's fair skin, if he were there by the lake for even a few hours in full sun,
I can only imagine how quickly he would sunburn without full clothing/hat coverage and sunscreen.

Last Friday, BL went off the radar. Sat, Sun & Mon were a holiday weekend.
On the lake, there must have been a lot of boaters/fishermen/water-skiers (if allowed) .

Any reports of boaters seeing a red haired young man all by himself on the shore
or swimming between the general area of the SUV crash and the shoreline
directly below the recovered body site?

Is swimming/water-skiing allowed in Lake Castaic?

With BL's fair skin, if he were there by the lake for even a few hours in full sun,
I can only imagine how quickly he would sunburn without full clothing/hat coverage and sunscreen.

I found this earlier

http://www.californiasgreatestlakes.com/castaic/castaic_graphics/castaic_lake_fishing_map.png

Shell gas station near Buttonwillow exit on the corner of Tracey Ave and Lagoon Dr, they do have receipt/cc transaction

It's about 85 miles from where his SUV was found, 1 hr 20 minute travel time, last call was at 2.08 am meaning he left Buttonwillow at about 12.40am assuming he made no stops

Thanks, kevsrebla - I saw your more informative post after I posted mine. :)

Has someone been keeping and updating the timeline with all the new info?
If so, could they kindly post it again soon? Thanks!!!

BL(???) used a credit card for a $1.71 purchase???

Was that typical for him to use a credit card for such a low dollar purchase?

Thanks, kevsrebla - I saw your more informative post after I posted mine. :)

Has someone been keeping and updating the timeline with all the new info?
If so, could they kindly post it again soon? Thanks!!!

BL(???) used a credit card for a $1.71 purchase???

Was that typical for him to use a credit card for such a low dollar purchase?

Good question regarding using CC for small dollar amount transaction...

was he out of cash?

sometimes I use my debit card for low dollar amounts so I can keep cash in my wallet... and avoid having to go to ATM's...Think Starbucks...:blushing:

JMO

I think I may have found the camera they may have seen him entering/exiting the area twice just before the accident.

at the base of Castaic Lagoon, there is the Southern California Operations and Maintenance Center for the state water project, across the street is reader board with a 35mph speed sign on it, on the back side there are two cameras. One seems to face at the park next to Castaic Lagoon, the other at the road looking east

Hmmm ...

By chance is that near the Paradise Cove location where there will be
upcoming closures of the road with no explanation.?.?.?

Paradise Cove to be closed intermittently in September
http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/104314/

Hmmm ...

By chance is that near the Paradise Cove location where there will be
upcoming closures of the road with no explanation.?.?.?

Paradise Cove to be closed intermittently in September
http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/104314/

Yes it is, but I don't think they are closing the road, they are closing the cove to treat the water.

We are talking about Castaic Lagoon, not the Lake

Yes it is, but I don't think they are closing the road, they are closing the cove to treat the water.

We are talking about Castaic Lagoon, not the Lake

You wrote: "they are closing the cove to treat the water" - that explanation was not in the article. Did you read that somewhere else? Is that an annual event at the end of each summer season?

Yes, agreed - near the "Lagoon" but also where you found the camera/s! And, route toward the "Fishing Arm" and beyond the lake.

The other road to "Swimming Arm" of the lake appears to dead end at the lake.

On which side of the lake have the number of recent deaths/murders/bodies been found?

Wonder if upcoming road closure is to add more cameras to capture cars coming and going??? Or what? There was no explanation.

Did you find any other cameras closer to the lake? TIA

Good question regarding using CC for small dollar amount transaction...

was he out of cash?

JMO

For ME, it is VERY rare that I have cash on me, same with my husband. He'll use his debit card for a 0.99 coffee!

So this doesn't seem out of the ordinary, at least to me.

UPDATE
Still no news from coroner, however was told yesterday that we should know something today

Bryce was not on any daily medication (to answer an earlier post)

Car was (and is still being processed) starting yesterday - no news on fingerprints, blood found etc as of yet

There have been a few Bryce sightings that HAVE NOT checked out

TV interview with uncle stating that it is "most likely him" was bad reporting, he did say it but was taken out of context - I went over this before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman