CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NOTE: O/T.... ANOTHER CASE: NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH BRYCE'S CASE:

but... Maybe that is why we have not heard more about Marti Myers' case since she has been found (deceased :() ... She was from Castaic... And was found Sunday, 9-1-13...

NOTE: O/T .... ANOTHER CASE!

LE has said they don't suspect foul play in Marti's case.

Okay, another opinion. MAYBE the workers that go in for training at the lake...(I remember someone saying that they are there early AM) ACCIDENTALLY hit Bryce after he rolled his car and was walking for help. BL possibly couldn't find his phone. Possibly the hit and run driver panicked and hid the body. Then panicked more and went back and burned it because of evidence (again, early AM). Sounds like an additional worker saw the car. Any damage to any of those workers cars?

:wagon: ButterfieldSleuth! :welcome:

:seeya:

This is where the burned body was found. It wasn't close to the crash site - not that close anyway

Yes! Thank you! I wasn't sure on the exact spot. That helped a lot. I was then able to match Google Street View to the news videos from where the body was found & mapped the distances.

A-B = 2.4 mi
I-5 to intersection of Lake Hughes Rd & Main Ramp Rd.

B-C = 0.4 mi
LH Rd & MR Rd to where MR Rd veers off to Government Cove Rd.

(The entire length of Gov't Cove Rd is slightly under 0.20 mi from Main Ramp Rd to the end where it turns into beach.)

B-D = 2.0 mi
LH Rd & MR Rd to body found on LH Rd & Fire Access Rd.

A-D = 4.5 mi
I-5 to location of body found

Distances_zps16a08946.png

With all the facts we currently have & virtually driving the Lake Hughes route on Googlemaps, suicide just does not make sense at all.

I see no reason Bryce would have driven around a locked gate in the dark in an area he has never been before. There are also several places to run off the road with long drop offs along I-5 and even on Lake Hughes Rd before Main Ramp Rd, if that was an intent.

I think the initial suspicions of suicide were based on the accident itself. But it sounds like that was a true accident, no matter who was behind the wheel.

@ dragracerz: Was Bryce on any daily medication? If so, was the medication found with his belongings at/in the SUV? TIA

It seems that the Coroner puts nearly every case on some type of security hold. I think it is more an instruction for Coroner's office personnel not to talk to the media or other individuals about the case but to run everything through law enforcement. In other words, one shouldn't read too much into the security hold.

@ timothymyers02

:welcome:

Thanks for your input and look forward to reading more of your posts!

Anyone know where the 7/11 that took the video footage is located on the map?

It is located on the south-east corner of Castaic Road and Lake Hughes Road (by the freeway.)

ETA - I assume that is the 7-11 that they pulled video footage from (though his mom on facebook said he wasn't on that video footage.)

The info I heard initially was that there was nothing on the 7-11 tapes they reviewed "yesterday" (whatever day that was), but they were going to review the tapes from Ralphs "today".

The info I heard initially was that there was nothing on the 7-11 tapes they reviewed "yesterday" (whatever day that was), but they were going to review the tapes from Ralphs "today".

On September 3rd she posted this, "Nothing turned up in and around the lake search today. They will dive in another section of the lake on Wednesday. No spotting of Bryce on 7 Eleven store security camera. Tomorrow they will look at Safeway footage. Keep the Faith!!" She then later corrected the store to Ralphs in her next post. So I assume the review was on the 3rd and they reviewed the Ralphs footage on the 4th.

The Ralphs is on Castaic road to the north of Lake Hughes Road on the East side of the street (approximately .25 miles away from the 7-11.)

Nothing to add really. Just reading and praying that Bryce will be found safe. Just like all of you here..

Is there cell phone service at Castaic Lake near BL's crashed SUV?

Is there cell phone service at Castaic Lake near BL's crashed SUV?

It's pretty likely. We are only talking a few miles from I-5, and the lake is still close to an urban area. There is even a cell tower near where the car crashed but it is likely a different carrier.

More than a full week, with no word from this young man, who should have been
in Orange County last Friday and back to school and in classes north of Sacramento
four days ago ...

This is just not sounding like a happy ending here. :(

More than a full week, with no word from this young man, who should have been
in Orange County last Friday and back to school and in classes north of Sacramento
four days ago ...

This is just not sounding like a happy ending here. :(

I know. He should have been in contact with someone if he is okay, even if he didn't want to go home or back to school. Doesn't sound like he would worry his parents intentionally. JMO

That said, we have seen it before with this age group, just taking off and not thinking of the chaos caused. Or being in a state of mind not to care. So who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman