CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The second car at 4:20 am has been ruled out. It was 2 local fisherman

LASD has not said if any other cars went shortly before or after 4:20

Hmm. Weird that they did not see or hear anything.

Search ongoing for missing teenager
Body found at Castaic Lake remains unidentified

... A body, reportedly that of a man, was found burning near Castaic Lake on Wednesday, but the body remained unidentified Friday, said [CH], a spokesman for the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office.

The body has not been autopsied and was not scheduled to be on Friday, [CH] said.

It is not yet known when the body will be ready for examination, [CH] said.

http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/104348/

No! No! No! This can't be! This is cruel to BL's family.

This is approximate area. BL's car went off Main Ramp Rd (which may have been closed off by the gate at that hour?). His scent was picked up by the K9s around Government Cove Rd which is down the same road closer to the water. The body was found (I think!) between Lake Hughes RD & Gov't Cove Rd.
AreaofVehicleBody_zpseefb3403.png

Perspective of freeway / shopping / residential / lake area
ProximitytohousesshoppingI-5_zpse7c499cb.png

I thought the body was found off Lake Hughes Road a few miles away, out of sight of Government Cove Rd near a restricted fire road?

If this body is not Bryce...where on earth is he?

I just looked at the maps, and I have what may be a silly question.

Considering that his car was seen heading to the lake twice (and it was not reported as being seen heading back from the lake between these two times), I've always assumed that Bryce made a circle around the lake or somewhere in the area to end up driving towards the lake twice. However, looking at the map, I can't figure out how he could have made it back to the lake without going the way he came (and thus being seen again on the video) -- maybe the video only faces one direction???

I believe there is only one road, but the camera only shows lane where vehs enter and not the other 'exit' lane. I imagine the camera is trained on something else at a business or home and just catches part of the lane by chance. Jmo

I thought the body was found off Lake Hughes Road a few miles away, out of sight of Government Cove Rd near a restricted fire road?

I wasn't sure on exactly where the body was found. I had thought I read something initially that it was not far from Gov't Cove where the K9s had picked up Bryce's scent. That could be wrong though.

Maybe this is good news?! If no one followed him in, then maybe he just hit his head and is confused/lost and will be found soon. I like this scenario better than 'car following him'

Prayers for Bryce, and you and your family.

This is approximate area. BL's car went off Main Ramp Rd (which may have been closed off by the gate at that hour?). His scent was picked up by the K9s around Government Cove Rd which is down the same road closer to the water. The body was found (I think!) between Lake Hughes RD & Gov't Cove Rd.

RSBM for space

Thanks BluePoppy!

So from the crash site down to the water looks like a short walk.

From kevsrebla's map figures, distance from crash site (~2.5 mi from I-5) to recovered body site (~4.3 mi from I-5) is approximately 1.8 miles.

@ dragracerz: Is Bryce known to smoke cigarettes? TIA

I just looked at the maps, and I have what may be a silly question.

Considering that his car was seen heading to the lake twice (and it was not reported as being seen heading back from the lake between these two times), I've always assumed that Bryce made a circle around the lake or somewhere in the area to end up driving towards the lake twice. However, looking at the map, I can't figure out how he could have made it back to the lake without going the way he came (and thus being seen again on the video) -- maybe the video only faces one direction???

It is hard to say where the camera is at and what it's view is. It may only show one lane or it might be at the boat ramp which does make a loop. Until we get details we will not know unless someone comes in here that knows for sure.

Maybe this is good news?! If no one followed him in, then maybe he just hit his head and is confused/lost and will be found soon. I like this scenario better than 'car following him'

Prayers for Bryce, and you and your family.

That's good news. It rules out the chance of at least one perpetrator. So either he had someone with him, or he did not. Which could then mean whatever happened he was alone at the time.

Only problem is that his vehicle would have been going the wrong way at 4:20

Video shows vehicle going toward lake both times

I wonder if he got turned around trying to get back to I-5 and backtracked thinking he was going the wrong way. For locals/those who've been to this lake, how easy would it be to get confused which way was back to the freeway? Particularly in the dark and possibly a sleepy or upset state of mind? (I'm assuming he was upset or at least preoccupied, based on him saying he had so much to talk to his Mom about)

From those quick truck stop places it's usually very easy and well signed, but sounds like this is further off the freeway and possibly more confusing to get back? Although in that case the camera should show him going away from the lake at least once, I guess... darn it. Still a thought, though.

From LATimes http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-castaic-body-autopsy-20130906,0,7029697.story

"The Los Angeles County coroner has not yet scheduled an autopsy for a body found burning near Castaic Lake that could be a missing man from Orange County.

Coroners officials said there are a backlog of cases and referred all comments to the sheriff’s department investigators."

After finding all those recent bodies in my search the other night (total of 5! since june!) I really feel that the burning body dumped near Castaic Lake is part of a serial killer and hopefully has nothing to do with Bryce and his accident. I believe that's why the autopsy has been sealed. The ME has probably already done the autopsy and is releasing that statement and deferring calls to LE because LE is close to nabbing the POI and doesn't want to tip them off. Jmo

I wonder if he got turned around trying to get back to I-5 and backtracked thinking he was going the wrong way. For locals/those who've been to this lake, how easy would it be to get confused which way was back to the freeway? Particularly in the dark and possibly a sleepy or upset state of mind? (I'm assuming he was upset or at least preoccupied, based on him saying he had so much to talk to his Mom about)

From those quick truck stop places it's usually very easy and well signed, but sounds like this is further off the freeway and possibly more confusing to get back? Although in that case the camera should show him going away from the lake at least once, I guess... darn it. Still a thought, though.

This was my thought exactly. He woke up, disoriented from sleep and got lost trying to get back on freeway. Only had 1 1/2 to 2 hours sleep and he was talking with mom on the phone when he drove into lake area. Sleepy, had accident and now he is ...where are you Bryce!!!

This does not make any sense. I've never seen an autopsy take this long aside from toxicology tests. They must know something and just aren't telling us especially because there is a security hold. Weird.

I absolutely agree. There has to be a reason and we have to believe that the delay is important and leave it at that, as frustrating as it may be to us and especially to Bryce's family.

I must say this is kind of a relief. I had really bad thoughts in my mind related to what might've happened with that car. It sounds like they must've come forward, so they didn't accidentally run him off the road or something - I'm sure they would've said so.

I believe there is only one road, but the camera only shows lane where vehs enter and not the other 'exit' lane. I imagine the camera is trained on something else at a business or home and just catches part of the lane by chance. Jmo

Yes, it only covers inbound cars

Search ongoing for missing teenager
Body found at Castaic Lake remains unidentified

... A body, reportedly that of a man, was found burning near Castaic Lake on Wednesday, but the body remained unidentified Friday, said [CH], a spokesman for the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office.

The body has not been autopsied and was not scheduled to be on Friday, [CH] said.

It is not yet known when the body will be ready for examination, [CH] said.

http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/104348/

A body, reportedly that of a man, could mean not a teenage male. Anyone else thinking that?

This is where the burned body was found. It wasn't close to the crash site - not that close anyway

Attachments

• castaic body.jpg
    castaic body.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 61
No! No! No! This can't be! This is cruel to BL's family.

Not to mention whatever other families are out there waiting on pins and needles to find out if this is their loved one. I can't think of any other cases on here, but I may have just not seen them. I'm sure there are other families who are missing loved ones and beyond upset waiting for an ID.

ETA: after catching up further, others have made really good points as to why this delay could be, and why it's probably needed. My heart still goes out to everyone who is waiting for answers, though. They must be in agony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman