CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragracerz

I'd like to ask a question kind of delicately, I hope no offense is taken. I'm asking only from my own experience with my own son...
Is there any history in either side of Bryce's family of mental illness or Aspergers/autism ?

Again I ask only because of his age, which is predominantly when signs/symptoms spring up in schizophrenia. My sons symptoms hit at that age and shocked us all, we had no warning what so ever. I really hope and pray that this isn't the case for Bryce, but that also may explain why he is still missing...if he is in a catatonic state like we found me son, he may just be stumbling along somewhere.

I am piping in to share this concern. Thought of that "1 pill" (likely adderall)... could trigger.

This case sure hits home with me. My son went to Sacramento college in Northern Cali. He joined a fraternity and his life went downhill. He got addicted to Adderoll the notorious "college drug" which is "speed" He NEVER did drugs in high school, he was as straight as an arrow. He had 4.0 average and was on the honor roll. College students taught others how to trick the psychiatrist with the symptoms in order to get it.

He was coming down to Orange County to see me. I knew nothing of this Aderroll he had been taking as he nor anyone else had mentioned it. They use it to treat ADD OR ADHD anyway it was a six hour drive but never showed up that evening when he was supposed to. We had to call he Sheriffs Dept. well they found his truck overturned in a ditch. He was acting completely out of his mind swimming in his clothes and tennis shoes in a lake thinking he was a Navy Seal and could do anything. He was talking so fast and was paranoid and delusional the cops could not understand anything he said. Come to find out they found a half empty RX bottle of Adderoll. He took a bunch so he would be awake on the way home. My son has since developed schizoaffective bipolar disorder. Unfortunately the onset of this in early 20s causes self medication. I have a sneaky suspicion BL took more than one Adderoll pill. Maybe that was why he was in that area so long waiting to buy speed or Adderoll. That drug is overly prescribed and easy to get. If you don't have ADD it makes you completely manic and crazy if you take enough of it. Maybe that's what he grabbed out of the bag and was on a speed bender.

I pray for him and the family. I live in OC and it has been in the triple digits. I don't know how anyone could survive in that heat for over a week in the wilderness. I hope and pray for a miracle. Maybe he just wanted to go away from everyone awhile. Who knows but this case is so bizarre. The burned body belongs o someone. Very very sad for everyone involved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I too have become increasingly worried that he hasn't surfaced. Hoping he's just scared or worried he's in trouble.

Still on the subject of suicide, I just don't get why if this be the case, that presumingly it would have been days after the car wreck. Why not immediately after if on that mission? I'm sure that there are or could be reasons but this is what's keeping me hold onto hope.

As far as potential foul play, if someone harmed him, the strongest punishment allowed just wouldn't be enough as far as I'm concerned.

This case sure hits home with me. My son went to Sacramento college in Northern Cali. He joined a fraternity and his life went downhill. He got addicted to Adderoll the notorious "college drug" which is "speed" He NEVER did drugs in high school, he was as straight as an arrow. He had 4.0 average and was on the honor roll. College students taught others how to trick the psychiatrist with the symptoms in order to get it.

He was coming down to Orange County to see me. I knew nothing of this Aderroll he had been taking as he nor anyone else had mentioned it. They use it to treat ADD OR ADHD anyway it was a six hour drive but never showed up that evening when he was supposed to. We had to call he Sheriffs Dept. well they found his truck overturned in a ditch. He was acting completely out of his mind swimming in his clothes and tennis shoes in a lake thinking he was a Navy Seal and could do anything. He was talking so fast and was paranoid and delusional the cops could not understand anything he said. Come to find out they found a half empty RX bottle of Adderoll. He took a bunch so he would be awake on the way home. My son has since developed schizoaffective bipolar disorder. Unfortunately the onset of this in early 20s causes self medication. I have a sneaky suspicion BL took more than one Adderoll pill. Maybe that was why he was in that area so long waiting to buy speed or Adderoll. That drug is overly prescribed and easy to get. If you don't have ADD it makes you completely manic and crazy if you take enough of it. Maybe that's what he grabbed out of the bag and was on a speed bender.

I pray for him and the family. I live in OC and it has been in the triple digits. I don't know how anyone could survive in that heat for over a week in the wilderness. I hope and pray for a miracle. Maybe he just wanted to go away from everyone awhile. Who knows but this case is so bizarre. The burned body belongs o someone. Very very sad for everyone involved.

Oh my! :-(. How scary for you and thank you for sharing as it opens my eyes more to the damage of what this drug can do.

Wow...

There has been no evidence (that we know of) that he was with someone. I kind of wonder if he took a pill or a drink at the rest stop, realized he couldn't drive, so he stayed in Buttonwillow all day until it wore off, and perhaps it never did. Oh nevermind, the police said they searched his car and came up with nothing. This case is so baffling.

If he took enough of the Aderrall to stay awake it could put you in a psychotic state and not think clearly. please read my prior post. Also, if you google similar cases in that state of mind drug or alcohol or both induced people are drawn to water. I really feel drugs AKA Aderrall was the culprit in this situation.

Oh my! :-(. How scary for you and thank you for sharing as it opens my eyes more to the damage of what this drug can do.

I just want to toss in a clarification here. The drug is NOT usually what causes the schizoeffective disorder. It's usually the other way around. Mental illness is beginning and these teens don't understand what's wrong, they tend to self medicate with marijuana , aderol, and the like which exasperate the illness instead of helping it.

((Hugs)) almost exactly what I've been through these past 6 yrs with my son. Which is why I REALLY hope it's not the case for Bryce and his family. I wouldn't wish it on anyone in the world.

I have a sneaky suspicion that it was more than just one pill. Remember his friends were holding his keys because of his bizarre behavior? I'm telling you I have learned so much of this Aderrall over the last 10 years. My son had a bottle he had brought into the house without me knowing one time. I woke up one night and he was doing flips off the blockwall fence and climbing up the side of the house like superman. Hes 6'4 and looks like Bryce. I had to call the cops because he was in a psychotic state from the Aderrall.

I have a sneaky suspicion that it was more than just one pill. Remember his friends were holding his keys because of his bizarre behavior?

Could be right, usually there's only one reason friends don't let friends drive...too drunk or too high.

Also if he left Rocklin/Roseville at 11:30pm on Wednesday night (according to the girlfriend) he should have arrived in Buttonwillow around 4am or did he stop at home first? Why didn't he call for gas until 9am - that's another 5hrs unaccounted for?

Does anyone know what the typical withdrawl symptoms are like from these ADD pills?

The other side of recreational pharmaceuticals is that they are purchased on the street if they are not prescribed by a physician. In that case, you never actually know what you are getting unless you take the time to consult a drug guide (who does that?). In the case of Adderall, there are extended release and IR and they behave very differently.

I won't speculate. I just will not. I just hope he is found alive and if not well, will be. I am holding on to hope with cautious optimism.

The other side of recreational pharmaceuticals is that they are purchased on the street if they are not prescribed by a physician. In that case, you never actually know what you are getting unless you take the time to consult a drug guide (who does that?). In the case of Adderall, there are extended release and IR and they behave very differently.

I won't speculate. I just will not. I just hope he is found alive and if not well, will be. I am holding on to hope with cautious optimism.

I finished college a year ago & have dabbled in my fair share of pharmaceuticals. I, personally, have always used a pill identifier to make sure what I had was what I was told. It's easy these days, quick Google search takes you straight to drugs.com where you put in the imprints/color/shape of the pill and it tells you what it is, strength, all info you'd want to know. I know not everyone does this obviously, but there's no longer a need for anyone to consult a huge book of medicine to find out what a pill is.

Also, usually once you start buying/taking the same type of pill often (I don't know if Bryce did this often, just saying) you can for the most part, look at it and tell if it's what you were expecting or not. Granted, there are many different types/brand names/generics, etc., but I'd imagine if he was using them often, he would use the same source over and over again. When you go through the same person, they usually have the same kind every time you buy. And it's also easy enough to turn an ER/SR (extended/sustained release) pill into an IR (instant release) pill, and I'm sure most college students that use pills know that.

I can also relate to the tweet that said he was awake for four days. When you take them and can't get to sleep the first night, you take another one the next day (to keep yourself awake all day and to deter the comedown feeling)..causing a chain reaction, and sometimes you just keep repeating the cycle for days and days. And when you finally come down off of them, it's just as bad as any other comedown, if not worse. IMO, coming down off an amphetamine such as Adderall or Vyvanse is worse than the comedown off of cocaine. Again, that's just my opinion from personal experience.

I finished college a year ago & have dabbled in my fair share of pharmaceuticals. I, personally, have always used a pill identifier to make sure what I had was what I was told. It's easy these days, quick Google search takes you straight to drugs.com where you put in the imprints on the pill and it tells you what it is, strength, all info you'd want to know. I know not everyone does this obviously, but there's no longer a need for anyone to consult a huge book of medicine to find out what a pill is. It's easy enough to turn an ER/SR (extended/sustained release) pill into an IR (instant release) pill, and I'm sure most college students that use pills know that.

Agreed. However I don't think you'll find many rec pharm users as concerned with what they are swallowing as you are. JMO

I just want to toss in a clarification here. The drug is NOT usually what causes the schizoeffective disorder. It's usually the other way around. Mental illness is beginning and these teens don't understand what's wrong, they tend to self medicate with marijuana , aderol, and the like which exasperate the illness instead of helping it.

Yes, I agree. Seeing so many homeless for example drinking or what not, self medicating because they just ...don't know otherwise.

I know that some people just do drugs or drink to quiet the voices, etc.

It's so scary really because mental illness is so stigmatized.

Sorry for o/t. Feeling sad in general over it all.

I think Bryce had every intention of going home but I think that the pill starting wearing off and he was getting very sleepy and instead of pulling over to rest he decided to take some type of speed to make it to Laguna. I think he got hold of some at the truck stop because a lot of those trucker guys drive cross country and take speed to stay awake. He was there quite awhile. lots of drug dealers hanging around those truck stops. I think he took something he got from a trucker that put him in that paranoid state from speed Aka Aderrall or similar. I think he was high, paranoid whatever and rolled the truck. He broke the window and was probably very high running trough there and the rest is history. The drugs would make him do something stupid. He had some problems to talk to his mom about and the message he left his roommate was eerie. Drugs can escalate the problems. Make you brave. I think he hurt himself because of whatever he took made him do it. My brother in law is a 40 year ER physician. He agrees I pray not. I pray I'm wrong.

Agreed. However I don't think you'll find many rec pharm users as concerned with what they are swallowing as you are. JMO

You are very right about that. I've known plenty of people to just swallow whatever was handed to them. I envision Bryce to be a very smart young man, I would hope he'd be aware of what he was ingesting but you never know. I can definitely see him being in a state of a no sleeping induced psychosis or in the miserable comedown stage. Neither of which are pleasant at ALL. :( :scared:

I also think the roommate and friends know more about the Bryce, Adderall situation and are all tight lipped afraid they will get in trouble if something has happened to Bryce.

@Dragracerz - I hope we don't seem insensitive when discussing Adderal, etc. AnjL and WhiteOrchids have really provided a wellspring of information that could explain Bryce's state of mind when he disappeared and I think some of us suspected there might be something to the "took 1 pill" theory.

I think I can speak for all of us when I say we don't mean any disrespect at all, we are just trying to find answers that will lead Bryce's family to him.

I'm just saying this because if I signed in after several hours away I would probably feel overwhelmed and dismayed. But that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3