CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I think assuming it was a suicide and not a murder.
Yeah, but given the coincidence of the proximity of this body, Bryce didn't set himself on fire... This was started this morning. Ironic that I woke up at 5:30 unable to sleep and the fire was found at 6a.m. (mind you, don't get the wrong idea- I'm 400 miles North)...

Seems a little strange. So close to the road if someone was deliberately burning a body wouldn't they risk being seen by a passerby? I guess it must not get too busy that early. I hope the surveillance cameras caught something. This is really odd. Maybe it was a murder and the murderer decided to come back and burn the body... weird....

None of this makes any sense
This is what I'm thinking. The Grapevine (I5), where Castaic is located, isn't really a commuter route- it's mostly used by people traveling in and out of L.A.

It has been very warm to hot at night this past few weeks. 70s and 80s at night.

In addition to how hot it's been here, fire danger is huge here and especially this area around Castaic. They have had a couple of fires in the last several months and the fire dept. is always on it very quickly. Everything is so dry here that fires can spread and burn out of control.

Seems a little strange. So close to the road if someone was deliberately burning a body wouldn't they risk being seen by a passerby? I guess it must not get too busy that early. I hope the surveillance cameras caught something. This is really odd. Maybe it was a murder and the murderer decided to come back and burn the body... weird....

None of this makes any sense

Yeah, maybe the perp realized that there may be something on the body that linked him/her to the crime and decided to burn it to destroy the evidence...?

I'm grasping at straws.

Just feeling overall - ill. Hoping it's not him but sad that it's someone.

And wondering, WTF!?

On his find facebook page (does that make sense?) it was stated that another vehicle was seen 5 minutes after his on the video. So someone could have run him out of the road!

On his find facebook page (does that make sense?) it was stated that another vehicle was seen 5 minutes after his on the video. So someone could have run him out of the road!

It sounds like LE is intentionally withholding whether that vehicle was seen after his first, second or final loop on the road. Could have been a hit and run, he could have been followed, or Bryce's vehicle was stolen, crashed (staged) and then someone picked up the perpetrator.

Yeah, I think the second vehicle.. maybe you are on to something. Like wasn't it strange that they saw his vehicle leave and come back 3 times... There has to be some weird "movie-like" twist to this whole thing because how bizarre is it already...

Usually I think the simplest explanation is the best one but this doesn't have a simple explanation. If it is him or not... it is somebody in the same area he vanished.

From the Channel 5 KTLA online site:

2w33xtv.jpg

302tjdg.jpg

Hmmm. Good point. Maybe he was being followed.

Think about it -- what do you do when you think you're being followed? You start driving in weird patterns to see if the car stays behind you, right? Maybe he kept driving in circles to see if the person would eventually turn off, and he/she didn't.

Just when I think I have a case solved there's often a twist.. not usually this weird though!

No guarantee it's related, but it does seem very coincidental.

If he was being followed, where does the fire fit in? Is it possible that he was removed after the accident? I would think of this was random or a hit and run or something like that, they wouldn't create a fire so close. That only draws more attention.

Anyone know the statistics of suicide via arson?

I'm thinking the car location and body location were just staged.

Car following may have been to pick up perp driver after staged car accident.

Abduction may have taken place night BL told his Mom he was tired and going to pull over to sleep.

JMO and pure speculation

Has anyone created a map of all of the locations on his route along with starting and destination locations? TIA

I saw an article that said the burning body was found "a few miles above the Castaic Lake main boat launch area".

If the crash was staged and the body is Bryce, he must have had injuries that were obviously not self-inflicted and inconsistent with the crash. Perp tries to carjack, rob or abduct him, Bryce puts up a fight, perp kills him and disposes of the body. The car circling around three times, maybe the perp looking for a place to put the body? Search gets close to the body location, perp returns to burn it?

This is making me feel very ill.

I wonder how long it will take to have a better idea if this could be Bryce or not. The body was probably burned beyond recognition.

And if it isn't Bryce then I would think that this person's death is at least somehow related to Bryce's disappearance.

Good golly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member