CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still reading up on this case. The SUV going down the embankment backwards with out Bryce in it suggests two options:

1) He pushed it over.
2) Someone else pushed it over.

If is was accidental, he would have been in it and left some evidence of his egress from the vehicle.

And with all due respect to a previous post, there are always foot prints or "sign" no matter what the ground conditions. I have tracked across concrete, carpet, tile and macadam. In cases where there are no clear prints, there are still impressions or push downs in the vegetation, broken twigs etc... And unless Bryce got into another vehicle, somewhere along the upper road, there are signs of his passage....at least there were.

FWIW... I was in my car once when my husband got out to check something out and apparently forgot to put on the parking brake. I decided to get out too and it rolled about 5' before I could jump back in and stop it. Mine's an automatic. Husband's car is a stick shift and he didn't have it in gear once - it rolled out to the end of our driveway and nearly into the street, which is maybe 30-40' (actually probably longer than that.. I've never measured it). I don't know exactly what Bryce's car was like, but if he's in the habit of jumping out without putting on the parking brake, I can see his car rolling off the hill accidentally.

I do agree there should be some kind of footprints, though. Even if they're not Bryce's, it's hard to believe that whoever did this left zero footprints.

Unlurking again just to make clear that when I posted the link earlier it was not to start sleuthing a family member or to be disrespectful to the family in any way. I deliberately did not use names and was very careful and deliberately respectful with my wording regarding the family and their absolute right not to reference things. (which you now can't see as it got deleted).

The ONLY reason I posted that was because some posters were drawing conclusions that a poster on another site could be Bryce himself, and I was showing that there could be another explanation. This was not intended for people to sleuth if this was the case, but instead to cause pause and reflection rather than perhaps erroneously coming to a wrong conclusion.

BBM. Personally, I appreciate this. I'm still learning the rules (as evidenced by how often my posts get deleted). I tend to see the million shades of gray (not in any way relative to the 50 shades *wink wink*) as opposed to the black and white but I am learning. Black and white is necessary for reasons of legality, safety, etc. etc. etc. and sometimes you have to learn to think differently. It's hard for those of us who are more "emotional" thinkers. Please come back. A deleted post is a learning experience not a personal judgement about you (my mantra). Your input is important...

In summary (regarding my previous findings and posts), I feel that it is extremely likely that he was NOT in the vehicle when it crashed, he is not injured, and he (or his body) is not in the vicinity.

(And, in the spirit of random, but unquantifiable theories, I will throw out my speculation that he is headed for Illinois... "home, sweet, home" to him. Hitchhiking, perhaps, and likely even blissfully unaware of the intense search transpiring for him. This has made big LOCAL headlines, but only spotty national coverage... very easy to see how he would not know of--- or perhaps care--- of the search efforts. I believe that he will eventually turn up in Illinois.)

I so hope you're right. I'd love to hear he's been found safe.

The GF thing stuck out for me in the beginning, too. This is the article where it talks about the gf as well as several of the other details brought up from the beginning. (with a few details that we now know are errors)
http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/104072/
"On Wednesday at about 1:30 p.m., Bryce told his mother he was going to break up with his girlfriend with whom he “had been so in love” for the past five months, she said.*RSBM*
When she told him she was going to fly up to the college to see him, he reportedly said: “Mom, do not make any flight. I have a lot to talk to you about.’”

From this link, dragracerz was responding to the question: "Do you know why it was reported that Bryce was going to break up with his girlfriend, but she gives no indication that was the case?"
His response from link above is:

The GF breakup issue stuck out to me from the beginning, too. JMO, but there is a series of events that I believe started on Tuesday with taking the Adderall & continued through an entire night of playing a game & long conversations with the roommate. Bryce's gf said he was not sounding right on Tuesday after he admitting taking the pill. Then Wednesday continues to act out of character. I keep coming back to the Adderall & bad side effects & coming down from it. I don't think Bryce was in his right mind fully. I recall something from when the SD located Bryce in Buttonwillow & his mom hearing him in the background while talking to the Sheriff & Bryce's comments sounding odd.

I don't think Bryce wanted to b/u with his gf. Kids that age live their life on social media. Bryce's FB still shows he's "in a relationship" & has his profile pic set to a pic of him & his gf. Bryce had an entire day in Buttonwillow to get on FB & change his FB status/pic if he was not wanting to be with the gf. But I think some of his friends either thought he was for some reason or wanted him to. Again, acting out of character. Bryce had an entire day in Buttonwillow to get on FB & change his FB status/pic if was not wanting to be with the gf. JMO

This one concerns me the most. A "homeless person" sleeping on a truck loading dock area of a grocery store mid day? Homeless people stick together in groups & have their safe spots to sleep. This doesn't smell right.

There are many homeless here in Cali that hangout alone. They are usually the ones with mental disorders like schizophrenia seen talking to themselves.

Bryce's friends felt his behavior was so erratic that day they wouldn't give him the keys until mom told them to. Biggest mistake they made by giving into Moms request. They knew more about what he was on then his mom and should have told her the truth so we wouldn't be discussing Bryce's whereabouts today. I'm sure Bryce's mom is blaming herself right now telling them to give him the keys. I feel so bad for her as a mom myself of a 23 year old college student. We are shut out of so much going on in our children's lives. I know if I would have told the students to go against their will and give him the keys. I would be feeling like i lost my son due to my stupid decision. I commend Bryce's friends for trying to do the right thing by not letting him drive. No ones fault.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There are many homeless here in Cali that hangout alone. They are usually the ones with mental disorders like schizophrenia seen talking to themselves.

Bryce's friends felt his behavior was so erratic that day they wouldn't give him the keys until mom told them to. Biggest mistake they made by giving into Moms request. They knew more about what he was on then his mom and should have told her the truth so we wouldn't be discussing Bryce's whereabouts today. I'm sure Bryce's mom is blaming herself right now telling them to give him the keys. I feel so bad for her as a mom myself of a 23 year old college student. We are shut out of so much going on in our children's lives. I know if I would have told the students to go against their will and give him the keys. I would be feeling like i lost my son due to my stupid decision. I commend Bryce's friends for trying to do the right thing by not letting him drive. No ones fault.

Totally agreed. I feel horrible for his Mom. I feel really bad for the friends that gave back the keys, too - they obviously knew what they probably "should" do but then what do you do when his own Mom is telling you give the keys back? I'm not blaming anyone, just saying what a heartbreaking situation to be in on BOTH ends.

Oh dear...reading that sent a chill through me. I hope it's totally unrelated to Bryce's case. Not that I want there to be other hurting families out there...but I just really hope this isn't Bryce.

4 hours seems too far away, anyway, unless he was a victim of foul play. Which I think, based on all our conversations here, seems highly unlikely. I hope! :please:

There is a hiker missing closer to that location. I don't believe he has been found yet. Matthew Greene. He is in his thirties, tho.

www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21811&highlight=matthew+greene

There's also a male body found in Modesto area

http://www.modbee.com/2013/09/11/2914670/police-report-finding-a-body-in.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This one is really close to castaic though, 40 miles.
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...d-Hills-Supermarket-Body-Found-223706101.html

A body found on the loading dock at a Woodland Hills supermarket Friday may be that of a homeless person killed by a delivery truck, police said.

Wth? So there was a Body found in Petaluma, one in Modesto, one in the Stanislaus forest and one on a loading dock? All within days of one another? This is ridiculous, really.

We have so many homicides in my area. I admit that when I hear it, it doesn't really even faze me anymore. I have that natural response of "how sad", but it seem so common anymore... how sad and wrong is that? :( What adds insult to injury is that often times these people haven't even been reported missing; no one realizes they are gone until they are discovered. That is the saddest part, to me. (MOO)

Here is what overwhelms me, almost to the verge of panic if I think about it too much: look at how many people are missing and are never found? It's a big blue marble we live on alright, but when you take the numbers (in the US alone) and divide them into the area of the continent... *shudder*

Where are they?

WHERE IS BRYCE?!!!!

Eta: In my opinion, we really need to start taking care of each other. *shoves soap box under bed*

2,300 a day. :scared: http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/forensics/americas_missing/2.html

I like your soapbox. I agree. This is wrong.

RSBM

I see this break up thing is coming up again but Dragracerz already addressed this issue on one of the earlier threads
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

But dragracerz never clarified whether what was incorrect was whether he broke up with his girlfriend, stated he intended to or that his friends confiscated his keys.

And I asked.

Wonder if he drinks Red Bull or something else along those lines? Or if anything like that could be found near his car? Something like that could wire him as well maybe?

Boys in that like 16-26 year old range often seem like a different species to me! :scared: Logic and such sometimes seem, umm, unique! Ha!

As a friend just found out from her son a few weeks back, she'd had him doing his own laundry for over three years, and just within the last month he asked what the blue bottle on the washer was for. She looked at him, dumbfounded, and said, "You mean the detergent?" And he looked at her equally dumbfounded and said, "Wait, am I supposed to be putting that in there?" Three years of doing his own laundry, having assured her he knew how to do it, and she discovers he's NEVER used laundry detergent :floorlaugh:

Unless his friends fill in more pieces for us, who knows what Bryce may have been thinking when he left...unfortunately!

A little bit of levity that made me laugh. Three years without detergent! So typical!!!

I may be able to answer a FEW of these questions, or at least offer a little insight. I went to Castaic yesterday (Friday, 09/13/13) to assist with the search. While I was there, I spent some time perusing the accident site.

Contrary to what the media has reported, I am very confident that the vehicle landed on the REAR when it rolled off of the small cliff above. I am very confident that the vehicle was in reverse (or at least rolling in reverse) when it went off the cliff, was very slightly airborne, and landed on the tailgate/ rear of the vehicle, before tipping over (coming to rest on the passenger side).

(more to follow...)

Snipped by me for space.

You are a rock star! Your posts offer some excellent, detailed info that really paints a picture. Thank you so much and:

WELCOME!!!!!

A question for yellowcamaro or anyone familiar with the area.....

Going with the theory that Bryce was disoriented from the crash or even had a head injury (which I know you stated was unlikely from how it appears the car went over the cliff), are there areas where a disoriented person could fall into the water or is it fairly level all the way around? And are there any areas where it is very deep right up to the edge of the lake or is the lake fairly shallow at the edges all the way around?

Some posters have mentioned that they think that Bryce is in the lake, further in, but I have to wonder just how he could get there? If someone wanted to dispose of him, they'd have to have a way to do it, a boat to get to the middle of the lake. I don't totally rule out that he is in the lake, in fact for a while I was pretty sure he was, but running through the scenarios in my head, I have to wonder how he could possibly end up in deeper waters.

Snipped by me for space. I know there has been some discussion but I think I skipped by it. How could a person drown and their body not just surface right away, unless caught on a branch or something or purposefully weighted down?

The GF thing stuck out for me in the beginning, too. This is the article where it talks about the gf as well as several of the other details brought up from the beginning. (with a few details that we now know are errors)
http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/104072/
"On Wednesday at about 1:30 p.m., Bryce told his mother he was going to break up with his girlfriend with whom he “had been so in love” for the past five months, she said.*RSBM*
When she told him she was going to fly up to the college to see him, he reportedly said: “Mom, do not make any flight. I have a lot to talk to you about.’”

This one concerns me the most. A "homeless person" sleeping on a truck loading dock area of a grocery store mid day? Homeless people stick together in groups & have their safe spots to sleep. This doesn't smell right.

Snipped by me for space. Well, they reported the body at 5 but is it possible the person was killed in the morning and not detected for hours?

HI There everyone,

A woman on FB said that the blood found in the SUV was not Bryce's. Is this correct? Another poster wrote that no dna results have been released. Anyone know the correct answer? Thank you much.

I still haven't seen it reported either way. But this does make me wonder, if it's NOT Bryce's whose is it?

RSBM

This is true. I tend to see them in packs all over, but the few times I think of solo ones they do have mental issues.

Briefly popping in to ask if there was coverage of this morning's PC?

If so, anything new? TIA

First time poster but have been following since the 1st thread. Hope I don't get my hand slapped first time around :) One of the search coordinators commented that the blood scene at the lake was NOT BL's I questioned if that blood scene at the lake and the blood located at the crash site were one in the same? FB Admin answered we do not have DNA results. Still so many unanswered questions....

First time poster but have been following since the 1st thread. Hope I don't get my hand slapped first time around :) One of the search coordinators commented that the blood scene at the lake was NOT BL's I questioned if that blood scene at the lake and the blood located at the crash site were one in the same? FB Admin answered we do not have DNA results. Still so many unanswered questions....

From what's been posted here, and by the family, DNA is NOT back on the blood in the vehicle.

The blood area mentioned in your quote came from someone asking them to check an area on the road that looked like blood, and that area was cleared. IIRC the person stated it looked like a roadkill but no animal was seen near it. Very possible the animal was already removed. JMO...

:welcome:

From what we've gathered, the amount of blood in the car was not much. So little that LE concluded whoever it was from did not sustain a major injury & walked away.

The blood reported on the road was initially stated that it had showed up "since Saturday" (a week ago today). It was posted somewhere (??) that the blood there was not related. And I wouldn't think it was if it showed up more than 24 hrs after Bryce's car crashed.

Hey everyone I'v been on here reading from the beginning...very interesting theories. I have some of my own as well. This story is so bizarre! I noticed quite a few ppl commenting on the fact that it was strange that Bryce was going to a Jr college so far from home and i actually just noticed today when i was looking thru pictures of his, that there is one of he and his gf and she is wearing a cap and gown holding a diploma from Sierria College in Rocklin. I dont know if Im allowed to post it but if I am, I will.

Hey everyone I'v been on here reading from the beginning...very interesting theories. I have some of my own as well. This story is so bizarre! I noticed quite a few ppl commenting on the fact that it was strange that Bryce was going to a Jr college so far from home and i actually just noticed today when i was looking thru pictures of his, that there is one of he and his gf and she is wearing a cap and gown holding a diploma from Sierria College in Rocklin. I dont know if Im allowed to post it but if I am, I will.

:welcome:

Bryce attended Sierra College all of last year. He was starting his 2nd year. He met his gf there at college & they started dating 6 mo ago. She graduated 2 months after they started dating & she now attends a school near Chico. (Hence Bryce leaving his gf's house in Chico when he started his drive home on the evening of Aug 27th.

Snipped by me for space.

Snipped by me for space. I know there has been some discussion but I think I skipped by it. How could a person drown and their body not just surface right away, unless caught on a branch or something or purposefully weighted down?

BBM

Don't know if this will give you the answers but I found this online...

"The human body is slightly heavier than fresh water. Consequently, when
unconsciousness takes place, the body sinks."

"Almost without exception, a dead body lying on the bottom of a river or lake will come to the surface again. This is due to gas formed in the body tissues as decay occurs. "

"If the water is warm, the formation of gas within the body occurs rapidly and the body may rise to the surface in a day or two. However, if the water is cold, bacterial action takes place very slowly and it may take several weeks before the body appears on the surface."

There is more information on how deep a body will go and why, about currents at the top and bottom of a river, etc. Information I definitely never knew before.

http://www.operationtakemehome.org/sar/Fire and Rescue Personnel/Biology of drowning.pdf

Oh ok I didn't know he went there all of last year. I thought he had just graduated HS last year...that makes sense. Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC