CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am glad that you were able to get info on the Somis homicide.

for what its worth, i reached my *breaking point* at 19 and had no contact with family for over a year. high expectations proved too much for me at that time. please keep positive!

my father was an investigator (30 years) for the LA County Coroners Office. he passed away 20 years ago tho so no contacts today i'm sorry to report.

Hugs to you....

I have a new Flyer courtesy of KlassKIDS, and am glad they are helping.

I know there were some comments as to the family needing to do more. Believe me we are doing whatever we can. The family in CA has been traveling the route making sure flyers are up, checking with places Bryce stopped, at the crash site, etc etc. This has been a daily thing. Some volunteer searches were stopped by LE as they don't want anyone (hikers) getting injured searching.

I have posted on FB requesting that anyone willing to post flyers, search surrounding residential areas etc, or even be a leader to coordinate these things to contact me directly. I have started a new gmail acct with the same name as the FB page, for people to contact me. (I don't know if its ok to post an email address on here)
I see how many posts on that page get buried quickly, a lot of people willing to help getting overlooked.
Hopefully now with KlassKIDS involved and hopefully TeamAmber soon, we can get some professional direction as how to do this properly

This is awesome!!! (KlassKIDS)

But LE stopping searching hikers??? This makes ME mad. I can't imagine how infuriating it is for the family! :( Is it illegal to hike in those areas? Because if not, how can they be stopped? If it's not typically illegal, I'm thinking you may be on to something in getting an attorney involved like you mentioned before. Someone to stand up for the rights of volunteers to hike in areas that are not forbidden by law.

Many continued thoughts & prayers with all of Bryce's family...

:truce:
I have a new Flyer courtesy of KlassKIDS, and am glad they are helping.

I know there were some comments as to the family needing to do more. Believe me we are doing whatever we can. The family in CA has been traveling the route making sure flyers are up, checking with places Bryce stopped, at the crash site, etc etc. This has been a daily thing. Some volunteer searches were stopped by LE as they don't want anyone (hikers) getting injured searching.

I have posted on FB requesting that anyone willing to post flyers, search surrounding residential areas etc, or even be a leader to coordinate these things to contact me directly. I have started a new gmail acct with the same name as the FB page, for people to contact me. (I don't know if its ok to post an email address on here)
I see how many posts on that page get buried quickly, a lot of people willing to help getting overlooked.
Hopefully now with KlassKIDS involved and hopefully TeamAmber soon, we can get some professional direction as how to do this properly

I'm in Florida and don't know anyone close to Bryce but if his mother needs help in manning the FB page, I am here 100%. I helped with another case that I strongly believed in so I don't mind at all. I become emotionally invested somehow here. It's the least I can offer in your attempt to bring Bryce home.

Catching up after a couple of days away.

Putting aside any potential mental break/voluntary walk away from the car.

What are we left with? However outrageous? LE is keeping this tight for a reason, surely?

Any possibility that the Gorman/Somis/others? bodies may be somehow connected? Undocumented workers? A coyote sending a message? Drug/gang involvement? Could Bryce have heard or seen something that meant *someone* needed to disappear him?

Just a wrong place/wrong time type thing?

Thinking out loud. I just can't find a reason for LE to be so tight-lipped unless something else is going on in the background. Are they about to bust a meth ring wide open? I just don't know.

I am blown away by the number of individuals who are in the area and headed to the area even now. If Bryce is still in the area I cannot imagine someone will not find him or traces of him based on how many kind volunteers are descending on that area.

Faith in humanity > restored.

ETA: word of the day: area. *wink*

No need for snark. I am a native Angeleno as well. There is obviously a variance in definition.

As another native Angeleno, I also have my own idea of what The Grapevine encompasses. For me, it's Castaic, through Gorman, on to the Town of Grapevine. When I was a kid, every time we hit Castaic, I knew we were starting the climb through the Grapevine.

I'm about an 65 miles north of NW of Chicago - I'd be more than happy to post fliers here if you think it will help?

This case is sooo reminding me of Shane Fell's case. I know that's been said before, but this case is similar. Teen driving alone, has an accident, then disappears, not trace of him. I know we can't talk about psychics, but can we talk about aliens since we have a smilie for it???? Where are all these kids going???? :ufo: Waiting for the mothership??? j/k before I get deleted.

I've said before I'm south OC, but to me the Grapevine is Castaic on up. Just seems to be that way in winter when it's closed for snow. They always have reporters in Castaic telling us we need chains past that point.

Talked to my DH... He thinks of Grapevine from Castaic to the town of Grapevine...

but... I have a feeling it is not a firm geographical location...

I know we go through the "Grapevine" heading up north on the I-5 on our travels..

Just was interested in the various interpretations by our WSers...

:seeya:

Sounds like everyone up there has heard different things through the Grapevine about the Grapevine :biggrin:

I worked two 12 hour shifts this weekend so I'm trying to get caught up. Bryce has been in my thoughts all weekend. Hoping we hear something tomorrow.

Sounds like everyone up there has heard different things through the Grapevine about the Grapevine :biggrin:

:floorlaugh: Accordiing to Wikipedia....

The Grapevine starts at the mouth of Grapevine Canyon, immediately south of the community (Grapevine), and ascends the canyon to the Tejon Pass in the Tehachapi Mountains via Interstate 5 (formerly U.S. Route 99). The village consists mainly of roadside services. The village and grade are named, not for the once-winding road known as the Grapevine that used to climb the steep mountain canyon, but for the canyon it passed through with its wild grapes that still grow along the original road.

Just wanted to clarify my earlier post and the difference in my sons name as to why it wasn't matched to his missing persons report. My son has 4 names: first, middle(Steven), middle(scott) and last name. When he was put into the system his last name was left off and his other three names were scrambled order....so the had him listed with last name of Stevens. To this day I don't know why, might be because he mumbled his name quickly or incoherently, or might be that he did it on purpose. My point is, I think his was a unique situation.

((Hugs)) for the family, I know you are all doing the very best that you can. I think the comments here are more centered towards getting you some more help and more organization and NOT to criticize you in any way. :) I pray that you get lots of help soon, and that Bryce is found soon!!

I can think of two reasons: egos or they already have a good idea of what happened and they're trying to keep the investigation on the down low, so to speak. Just two ideas that popped into my head and JMO - I've got absolutely nothing against LE and know nothing about this particular LE so I'm not saying either apply in this case.

I agree with the "trying to keep the investigation on the down low" theory. I feel like that's what's going on here. It's frustrating though. I can understand in some cases why it would be smart to do that. So they can maybe work an angle or pursue a person of interest without scaring them off. But in a missing person situation where time may be the difference between life or death, it is super frustrating. Forget policy and procedures and angles when someone may still be alive and could be saved. I say search day and night, with as many volunteers as possible around the clock! The fact that they aren't really makes me wonder what LE is keeping secret.

dragracerz says the amount of blood was insignificant. I think they said they haven't released other information though, such as location, trail etc.

Maybe it's just me but I keep picturing "nosebleed" levels of blood, like he maybe hit his head/face, or maybe he got a small cut, since it's been described as insignificant.

Maybe it's just me but I keep picturing "nosebleed" levels of blood, like he maybe hit his head/face, or maybe he got a small cut, since it's been described as insignificant.

That's basically what I had in mind too: a bloody nose or lip, a cut on his hand from broken glass, or something along those lines.

I've just been reading up about Shane Fell's case because I wasn't familiar with it. There are certainly similarities. :(

I know we had a poster (sorry, I can't recall the name) who reached breaking point and disappeared without using credit cards etc.. is that poster able to give brief details of HOW they were able to survive on basically nothing? If we were to go down that route then in all honesty I wouldn't have a clue where to begin. I can barely make it to the shop at the end of the street without stopping for a drink and some chocolate. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isla_lei