CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that keeps bugging me and won't let up - WHY did Bryce decide to begin his trip to Laguna Niguel on Wednesday night?

Why not leave in the morning? That seems more practical ESPECIALLY since he was running on little to no sleep. We know he can't have been in a rush to get back to his parents because as it turns out, 24 hrs later and he's still hanging out in Buttonwillow.

So surely, staying Wed night and getting some MUCH NEEDED rest and then heading out fresh Thursday morning would have been fine. And much more logical.

Seems to me that he would have either went back to his apartment for the night OR, better yet, stayed with his girlfriend.

Most girlfriends would INSIST that their bf stay the night ESPECIALLY if they knew the bf had taken a pill and was very sleep deprived. The fact that she didn't does NOT mean she is a bad gf. I am thinking/wondering if it means they DID break up and that's why he didn't stay.

Which leads me to the next thing. WHY is this alleged break up so rarely mentioned?! I know it may seem that it doesn't have much bearing on the case, but I think it does, at least a little.

The fact that the family is not addressing it seems to indicate, to me, that they did not take it seriously OR that it didn't actually take place. So, why? I'm wondering if Bryce was acting so out of character or so disoriented that his girlfriend didn't think he was acting out of his "right mind"?

Has anyone heard of any reasons Bryce gave for why he was doing it/trying to? I wish we knew this because it might be indicative of the reason for his disappearance.

The only thing I can come up with (other than the struggling with sexuality theory that has come up on here several times) is: a) he knew something was going to happen and he wanted to free his gf from the relationship beforehand OR b) He was in some emotional/mental state of mind that somehow caused him to believe he should end the relationship OR c) he was on meds/drugs.

I doubt it was the first option, so probably one of the other two (or both) and that may have been why his mom and his girlfriend appear to discredit the breakup. I'm guessing he must not have been acting like his normal self at that time.

However, this seems to be all the more reason for why his gf should have encouraged him to stay over and "sleep it off" before he started the trip. Unless of course he got angry or was very emotional. (All just surmises. Not saying they had an ugly fight or anything. But knowing teenagers the way I do with EIGHT younger siblings, usually the breakups are very emotional. )

Just some things I've been wondering. Don't know if the break up has anything to do with anything, but it IS sort of the beginning in a chain of bizarre events.
For consideration: What if Bryce did want to break off with his GF? Some guys are not good at that kind of thing at all, and maybe he couldn't do it, or couldn't find the right words. It might even have contributed to his odd actions. If he did want to break up with GF, then no matter what she said, he would not have stayed with her that night.

Mom may not be mentioning it because GF, not knowing Bryce wanted to break up, is upset that he is missing and trying to help find him. What kind of person would say "No you can't help find my son, he was trying to break up with you." You'd just drop it until your son turns up.

Moving on from that, the only reasons I can see for not getting a good night's sleep before taking off is that Bryce felt he needed to get away from that area and/or think about some things, and/or needed to talk to his family in person, and/or was reacting (maybe badly) to whatever he took that night. Deciding to take off right away if he needed to think about things and get his head together might have made complete sense to him at the time, especially if he was hyped up on some ADHD drug like Ritalin or Adderall.

Several people on the Find Bryce Laspisa FB page mentioning a possible sighting in Newport Beach. Does anyone have a link or anything to verify this? No response to those allegations from the site admin as of yet...

I said I DO think it is possible he is missing voluntarily. What my point was is that if he is NOT missing voluntarily, i.e is wandering around dazed, I think he would have turned up. JMO

Oh, okay. I get it now. I misunderstood you before!!!

For consideration: What if Bryce did want to break off with his GF? Some guys are not good at that kind of thing at all, and maybe he couldn't do it, or couldn't find the right words. It might even have contributed to his odd actions. If he did want to break up with GF, then no matter what she said, he would not have stayed with her that night.

Mom may not be mentioning it because GF, not knowing Bryce wanted to break up, is upset that he is missing and trying to help find him. What kind of person would say "No you can't help find my son, he was trying to break up with you." You'd just drop it until your son turns up.

Moving on from that, the only reasons I can see for not getting a good night's sleep before taking off is that Bryce felt he needed to get away from that area and/or think about some things, and/or needed to talk to his family in person, and/or was reacting (maybe badly) to whatever he took that night. Deciding to take off right away if he needed to think about things and get his head together might have made complete sense to him at the time, especially if he was hyped up on some ADHD drug like Ritalin or Adderall.

You bring up some excellent points.

I totally agree that his Mom would definitely not tell the gf that she could not be involved with finding Bryce. Even if Bryce had ended the relationship, I think most gfs would still be concerned and involved.

I guess the thing that surprised me was to read in a few places where it was indicated that break up never took place, and yet when I first heard about Bryce missing, that was almost the first thing I heard his mother saying, adding that it was odd because he had been "so in love" just recently. (I can try and find a link to that quote. I read it in a few different news reports. )

So I think that's what struck me - the apparent oddity of him wanting to do that; the fact that it kept being referenced, in the beginning, as the first weird thing that happened, and then no one really indicates what took place at the gf's house.

All we know is that his gf says he left her place around 11:30 but she never addresses why he was even there and from day one of the search, she has identified herself as "Bryce's girlfriend" and never indicates what transpired at her house that night or how he was acting, feeling, etc. when he left. That's what has me stumped.

I think your explanation of being hyped up on a drug is a good one for why he would not sleep and get up Thursday morning to drive. I could see myself or really anyone, feeling wide awake and ready to make the trip (though for me it would just be a TON of caffeine making me feel invincible, lol!) and then maybe a few hours in to it, realizing he couldn't make it all the way without rest after all.

Someone linked to this article on the Find Bryce FB page:

http://www.sierrastar.com/2013/09/11/64513/press-release-mariposa-county.html

Mariposa County Recovered Body
Published: September 11, 2013

"The Mariposa County Sheriff’s Office has recovered the remains of an adult male within the Stanislaus National Forest of Mariposa County. The remains were taken for an autopsy and determined to be those of a white male adult in his early to mid- twenties. No identification has been made at this time."

(Mariposa County is approximately 4 hours north of Castaic)

Oh dear...reading that sent a chill through me. I hope it's totally unrelated to Bryce's case. Not that I want there to be other hurting families out there...but I just really hope this isn't Bryce.

4 hours seems too far away, anyway, unless he was a victim of foul play. Which I think, based on all our conversations here, seems highly unlikely. I hope! :please:

"The Mariposa County Sheriff’s Office has recovered the remains of an adult male within the Stanislaus National Forest of Mariposa County. The remains were taken for an autopsy and determined to be those of a white male adult in his early to mid- twenties. No identification has been made at this time."

Probably a transient.
http://www.petaluma360.com/article/...nd-in-Petaluma-creek-may-be-that-of-transient

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You bring up some excellent points.

I totally agree that his Mom would definitely not tell the gf that she could not be involved with finding Bryce. Even if Bryce had ended the relationship, I think most gfs would still be concerned and involved.

I guess the thing that surprised me was to read in a few places where it was indicated that break up never took place, and yet when I first heard about Bryce missing, that was almost the first thing I heard his mother saying, adding that it was odd because he had been "so in love" just recently. (I can try and find a link to that quote. I read it in a few different news reports. )

So I think that's what struck me - the apparent oddity of him wanting to do that; the fact that it kept being referenced, in the beginning, as the first weird thing that happened, and then no one really indicates what took place at the gf's house.

All we know is that his gf says he left her place around 11:30 but she never addresses why he was even there and from day one of the search, she has identified herself as "Bryce's girlfriend" and never indicates what transpired at her house that night or how he was acting, feeling, etc. when he left. That's what has me stumped.

I think your explanation of being hyped up on a drug is a good one for why he would not sleep and get up Thursday morning to drive. I could see myself or really anyone, feeling wide awake and ready to make the trip (though for me it would just be a TON of caffeine making me feel invincible, lol!) and then maybe a few hours in to it, realizing he couldn't make it all the way without rest after all.

BBM: I keep rolling this around in my head as well, but didn't (still don't) know how to present the questions. You did. Thank you.

BBM: I keep rolling this around in my head as well, but didn't (still don't) know how to present the questions. You did. Thank you.

Well, thank you. I'm glad it made sense to you and resonated with someone!

Just to clarify, I'm not accusing Bryce's girlfriend of anything or even of misrepresenting herself. I just feel like there is a huge black hole surrounding Wednesday night (among other nights too, like Thursday!) but Wednesday night seems like it could have the details filled in for us by the girlfriend and/or whoever the friends were that took away his keys.

Whatever he said to her that night could potentially be crucial to this investigation. For example, if his reason for ending the relationship was something like "I'm wanting to move back to IL...." or "I want to switch colleges..." or "I've met someone else...." or worse yet, if he was just totally depressed and telling her he was confused and if he even appeared suicidal, ANY of these things could potentially lead investigators to where he is. (IF he is hiding out on purpose or IF he attempted suicide) So even if I don't know what he said to her, I hope LE does.

I know this is probably going to make me look like an idiot...but what is a transient? I read the article, and I still don't get it! :blushing: I should just google it but I figured if I just ask here, I would get the meaning that has the most to do with this meaning of the word, instead of some other meaning that isn't related to this. TIA.

I know this is probably going to make me look like an idiot...but what is a transient? I read the article, and I still don't get it! :blushing: I should just google it but I figured if I just ask here, I would get the meaning that has the most to do with this meaning of the word, instead of some other meaning that isn't related to this. TIA.

Homeless person.

Is Petaluma in Stanislaus National Forest? When I map it they come up over 4 hours away from each other? Are these two separate bodies that were found (the one I posted was found on the 11th and the one you posted sounds like it was found on the 12th?)

Your right. I'm so tired....I thought they were the same. Petaluma is in Sonoma County.

Scary, that's near me :(

Petaluma is northern Ca near coast. Mariposa is near Yosemite where Rim fire is burning. These are 2 different bodies. Yikes!

Also, I seriously doubt the mariposa body is related to this case. Even if Bryce hitchhiked, route to mariposa is not a highly travelled route, meaning no truckers etc
Not impossible, but highly unlikely.

Your right. I'm so tired....I thought they were the same. Petaluma is in Sonoma County.

Petaluma is 5 + hours from Castaic. Prayers for whom ever this poor man is.

http://fox40.com/2013/09/11/body-pulled-from-modesto-canal-in-an-apparent-drowning/

Identified as 64yr old. But now I'm really scared! Seems there are lots of dead bodies found near me :(

We have so many homicides in my area. I admit that when I hear it, it doesn't really even faze me anymore. I have that natural response of "how sad", but it seem so common anymore... how sad and wrong is that? :( What adds insult to injury is that often times these people haven't even been reported missing; no one realizes they are gone until they are discovered. That is the saddest part, to me. (MOO)

Here is what overwhelms me, almost to the verge of panic if I think about it too much: look at how many people are missing and are never found? It's a big blue marble we live on alright, but when you take the numbers (in the US alone) and divide them into the area of the continent... *shudder*

Where are they?

WHERE IS BRYCE?!!!!

Eta: In my opinion, we really need to start taking care of each other. *shoves soap box under bed*

2,300 a day. :scared: http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/forensics/americas_missing/2.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000