CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he had been meeting up with someone, there should have been a record of it on his phone, JMO.

I was thinking the same thing, Cluciano. Depending on his intentions, it is possible he had a burn phone or was using someone else's. Knowing the watchful eye of his folks, he may have had alternative means of communication depending on his motives (assuming there were any).

?

If he had been meeting up with someone, there should have been a record of it on his phone, JMO.

Very, very true. Remember - mom has the phone & computer now after LE reviewed it. So the family & LE have to have a pretty good handle on what his intentions were, what he was doing, everyone he was in contact with & about what & when. This is different than the MP cases where they dont' have a phone & computer to track the person's every move from the last few days before disappearing. And dragracerz has stated numerous times what he does & doesn't think are reasonable possibilities. I think we should give that more solid consideration and not brush it off as "parents / family doesn't know what is REALLY going on in a teens life". Even if they didn't before, they sure do now with the phone & laptop. It was also mentioned that mom was even on his FB messages. So yeah.

*Sorry - just a new revelation to me...

I agree. How do we know there wasn't? Not being argumentative..honest question!
Just saw post above about family having phone/laptop. If Bryce deleted anything from the phone, it would need to be recovered from the phone company. His parents may just have a phone with a bunch of deleted messages, which he may delete as he went along if he was doing something "covert". He also could have had another phone.

I was thinking the same thing, Cluciano. Depending on his intentions, it is possible he had a burn phone or was using someone else's. Knowing the watchful eye of his folks, he may have had alternative means of communication depending on his motives (assuming there were any).

?
This kind of debunks my previous post. But I would think they could tell if this were true. They should expect to see lots of calls & texts with known friends & gf on his phone. If it seems "light" on activity, that would be a clue as well.

This kind of debunks my previous post. But I would think they could tell if this were true. They should expect to see lots of calls & texts with known friends & gf on his phone. If it seems "light" on activity, that would be a clue as well.

I'm just reflecting on a recent "real life" experience where a phone (tracphone) was purchased for an affair. Ugh. Only one person had the number.

I think this is going off in the wrong direction though so I'm clearing my head of the possibilities. :D

Also, it would be interesting to know who his cell phone carrier is. Was it one where parents can read all texts online, or not. I know Verizon you can't see texts - just times sent/recieved & ph#'s. So if it is one like that, he may not have felt a need to get a
secret phone. But if he did have one that they read texts, I could totally see it. Regardless of illicit activity. I wouldn't have wanted parents to read every text when his age. Especially with a gf...

Yes. $40 at Shell, I believe.

In the John and Ken radio interview below, his mom said the gas was purchased at the Oasis Valero gas station in Buttonwillow (I don't know that the amount was ever reported.) There was a $20 charge for the gas that was delivered to him at the rest stop and, I believe, the charge at the Shell station was the drink (or whatever it was) for $1.71 (to my knowledge, the last thing he purchased.)

http://www.kfiam640.com/articles/local-news-465708/castaic-body-update-11628535/

I'm just reflecting on a recent "real life" experience where a phone (tracphone) was purchased for an affair. Ugh. Only one person had the number.

I think this is going off in the wrong direction though so I'm clearing my head of the possibilities. :D

I'm guessing he would have been having texts / calls with his regular circle of friends over anything like that. Not a 1 person thing. His partying was with his regular friends. I don't see evidence he had a secret life aside from them.

In the John and Ken radio interview below, his mom said the gas was purchased at the Oasis Valero gas station in Buttonwillow (I don't know that the amount was ever reported.) There was a $20 charge for the gas that was delivered to him at the rest stop and, I believe, the charge at the Shell station was the drink (or whatever it was) for $1.71 (to my knowledge, the last thing he purchased.)

http://www.kfiam640.com/articles/local-news-465708/castaic-body-update-11628535/

Ok. dragracerz said he couldn't remember if the gas or the drink came from which station, but it was a Valero & Shell.

Also, it would be interesting to know who his cell phone carrier is. Was it one where parents can read all texts online, or not. I know Verizon you can't see texts - just times sent/recieved & ph#'s. So if it is one like that, he may not have felt a need to get a
secret phone. But if he did have one that they read texts, I could totally see it. Regardless of illicit activity. I wouldn't have wanted parents to read every text when his age. Especially with a gf...

BBM - I wouldn't want my parents to read my texts at MY AGE! :scared:

Ok. dragracerz said he couldn't remember if the gas or the drink came from which station, but it was a Valero & Shell.

Okay so there is the gas delivered to him. Did he ever fill up?!

I'm guessing he would have been having texts / calls with his regular circle of friends over anything like that. Not a 1 person thing. His partying was with his regular friends. I don't see evidence he had a secret life aside from them.

Well if it was a secret, lol

I agree. How do we know there wasn't? Not being argumentative..honest question!
Just saw post above about family having phone/laptop. If Bryce deleted anything from the phone, it would need to be recovered from the phone company. His parents may just have a phone with a bunch of deleted messages, which he may delete as he went along if he was doing something "covert". He also could have had another phone.

He could have one of those cheap phones that include free 30min to get started. They sell them everywhere cheap even at Tj maxx or someone could have given him one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm not convinced that Bryce knew his parents would find out about his road trip, even after calling for roadside assistance. If it wasn't for the survey call to his mom at noon, it may have gone undetected. He obviously knew they kept a watch on the debit card purchases because they were funding the card! He could use cash for anything he did not want them to know about. Please know that I am NOT passing judgment. I am just trying to think like a teenager who is finding his place in this world might think. We ALL did things behind our parents' backs.

Just had a thought. When I lived in Dallas, TX several years ago and my boyfriend was still in college in Arkansas, we would meet half way sometimes on the weekends. Not saying what the woman was saying about Bryce going to San Diego with his lover is true, but what if he was meeting someone half way. I googled Chico to Buttonwillow and then San Diego to Buttonwillow and they are about(litter further for Bryce)the same distance. Also, it could be a girl he was meeting. Maybe someone he met online through his gaming or other social sites.
Obviously just throwing this out there..

Ive been thinking Friday as in Friday night cuz when I go out and midnight passes I still consider myself out on a Friday night..or when a bar closes at 2am I still refer to my night as being at such and such bar "fri night".so we're actually talking about Thursday night @ 2:08 in the morning when he got to Castaic...I know technically that IS Friday morning...but does what I'm saying make sense? So with that being said it was Wednesday that he first stayed up all night to play madden right? or was it Tuesday...I cant remember...if it was Wednesday that would only be that he was up all night wednesday..slept all day Thursday ended up in Castaic Thursday night at 2:08 (friday morning)??????

The "four day" theory (as I now like to call it) is all day Monday, all day Tuesday, all day Wednesday and all day Thursday, leading up to the crash on Friday morning. Depending on when he woke up on Monday it would be almost exactly 4 full days. Madden was released at 12:01am on Tuesday morning, August 27th. Hope that helps.

Honestly, trying not to be harsh or insensitive, but do a lot of folks seriously believe that Bryce is wandering around someplace, not knowing who he is or how to ask for help, for sixteen or so days now?
I absolutely do. My son did for 4 months.....definitely possible for Bryce as well. Jmo

Just had a thought. When I lived in Dallas, TX several years ago and my boyfriend was still in college in Arkansas, we would meet half way sometimes on the weekends. Not saying what the woman was saying about Bryce going to San Diego with his lover is true, but what if he was meeting someone half way. I googled Chico to Buttonwillow and then San Diego to Buttonwillow and they are about(litter further for Bryce)the same distance. Also, it could be a girl he was meeting. Maybe someone he met online through his gaming or other social sites.

This brings me back to the info about Bryce supposedly going to break up with his girlfriend. Was it because he had met someone else (online etc..)?
It sounds like he did not break up with her, but that does not mean he did not still go to meet this new person in Buttonwillow. It just means he may have been even more confused/conflicted. Or did he tell this new person that he changed his mind and wanted to stay with his girlfriend after all?

Have been pondering this too. Could add up with the intent/thoughts to breakup with the gf. Maybe decided to wait and see? Meeting someone on the internet whether romantic or not... and led to a bad situation or people with hidden motives? Or perhaps guessing what came next is jumping too far ahead just yet. IMO it's worth keeping on the burner for consideration.

<<posted same time as flamingolady : ) >>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member