CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a thought. When I lived in Dallas, TX several years ago and my boyfriend was still in college in Arkansas, we would meet half way sometimes on the weekends. Not saying what the woman was saying about Bryce going to San Diego with his lover is true, but what if he was meeting someone half way. I googled Chico to Buttonwillow and then San Diego to Buttonwillow and they are about(litter further for Bryce)the same distance. Also, it could be a girl he was meeting. Maybe someone he met online through his gaming or other social sites.
Obviously just throwing this out there..

Oops, I meant Rocklin to Buttonwillow..not Chico

Rumor control time:

No discussion of Bryce's parentage, potential siblings, this stemmed from a Reddit comment and is not allowed.

No social media of Bryce's roommate is allowed.

Thanks!

:tyou:

Just had a thought. When I lived in Dallas, TX several years ago and my boyfriend was still in college in Arkansas, we would meet half way sometimes on the weekends. Not saying what the woman was saying about Bryce going to San Diego with his lover is true, but what if he was meeting someone half way. I googled Chico to Buttonwillow and then San Diego to Buttonwillow and they are about(litter further for Bryce)the same distance. Also, it could be a girl he was meeting. Maybe someone he met online through his gaming or other social sites.
Obviously just throwing this out there..

It's certainly a possibility (pretty much anything is at this point!), but I still have a feeling there was something much bigger going on with Bryce. That last text to his roomie..."you saved my soul". I know some teenagers can be high drama, but that text was sent the afternoon before he left on this trip. I can't help feeling there was something big going on with him and going to his parents house was not the plan.

I was thinking the same thing, Cluciano. Depending on his intentions, it is possible he had a burn phone or was using someone else's. Knowing the watchful eye of his folks, he may have had alternative means of communication depending on his motives (assuming there were any).

?

Anyone with a sneaky teenage kid and an iphone knows that there are numerous applications in which you can use to send messages that wouldn't show up in your message folder, not to mention Facebook, Instagram, Kik, snap chat, etc. There are also applications to hide application on your phone so that they are very difficult to find if you don't know what you are looking for. Also, if he received/sent a text message all he would have to do is delete it off of his phone and there wouldn't be a record of it on his phone or, more than likely, on his cell phone bill. I don't know about all carriers but my cell phone bill only tells me the number of text messages sent/received, not the specific number, date and time each was sent/received.

Gitana please don't think I am disregarding your links about the many people who have been missing under what may be similar circumstances (i.e. amnesia, by choice, mental illness, etc.) I know these cases happen and are all possibilities. Somehow, though, they just do not make sense to me with what was going on during the hours surrounding Bryce's disappearance, and also what little we know of him. And it is only my feeling, obviously, which is no more valid than anyone else's.

Thank you, Clu. That's fair and you have a valid opinion!

If he got three gallons of gas... the last credit card transaction showed $1.71 - 3 gallons wouldn't get him very far. Was there also a transaction for fuel?

You guys are all sharp - catching every last nuance of this case. Love it.

he was not actually up for 4 days tho...not by my calculations anyway...not to be rude but i have stated multiple things on this forum to no avail...if ppl are new or just not reading..they should scroll back in my opinion so someone doesnt feel like a point was missed or completely ignored

<modsnip>

If he had been meeting up with someone, there should have been a record of it on his phone, JMO.

I've said that from the beginning. I'm not feeling the bat phone story so if he was meeting someone I bet the police are aware.

Anyone with a sneaky teenage kid and an iphone knows that there are numerous applications in which you can use to send messages that wouldn't show up in your message folder, not to mention Facebook, Instagram, Kik, snap chat, etc. There are also applications to hide application on your phone so that they are very difficult to find if you don't know what you are looking for. Also, if he received/sent a text message all he would have to do is delete it off of his phone and there wouldn't be a record of it on his phone or, more than likely, on his cell phone bill. I don't know about all carriers but my cell phone bill only tells me the number of text messages sent/received, not the specific number, date and time each was sent/received.

:facepalm: You're RIGHT! OMG YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

I don't know why people keep thinking that something significant happened in Buttonwillow. His mom sent the road side assistance guy back to check on him several hours later and he was still in the same spot, sleeping. Plus he was in Castaic..not only was his scent picked up but also he was on surveillance @ Castaic 1 minute or so after he talked to his mom and told her he was exiting the freeway to sleep. <modsnip>..Why did he run out of gas? That's weird to me in itself. Why wouldnt he just stop and get gas...why let it run all the way out...everyone knows there is nothing but gas stations,food and hotel/motels off of every exit on the interstate..also i agree that if he had any cash on him he wouldnt be putting a $1.70 charge on his card. No scenario really fits anything because where one scenario makes one part of the story fit or make some type of sense it raises questions somewhere else. There are A LOT of questions and not ONE scenario that provides a feasible explanation for every question even just in theory.

BBM

I've read from Bryce's roommate that he had 4 days of no sleep. Anyone who has gone more than 48 hours with no sleep is not going to be able to think clearly, yet Bryce had reportedly gone over 96 hours. Running out of gas under these conditions would definitely make sense. After that long with no sleep, Bryce is not going to be thinking or acting in a rational manner. It doesn't matter so much as to why he hadn't slept, it's what happens to our brains when we don't sleep. He would have been in a psychosis state and then anything is possible. Therefore there won't be a 'feasible explanation' for anything. Just read my situation with my son that I posted a while back, or google "brain, lack of sleep" to see what happens to us if we don't sleep. Jmo moo.

he was not actually up for 4 days tho...not by my calculations anyway...not to be rude but i have stated multiple things on this forum to no avail...if ppl are new or just not reading..they should scroll back in my opinion so someone doesnt feel like a point was missed or completely ignored

I think this is great advice. Especially when threads are moving fast like Bryce's is, it can be really easy to miss posts.

I finally started doing "View First Unread" then jumping back two pages on threads like this, to try to keep up. I still miss stuff, but it's helped.

He spent an awful lot of time sleeping, hanging out, whatever to have purchased one drink. He was probably a little dehydrated.

Unless he really was at a friend's house for some chunk of that time, IMO... he could've gotten food, water, etc. from the friend(s). I can't really understand how he met any friends who'd be in that area since it's relatively small and he hasn't lived in CA that long, but maybe. I wonder if it seemed like a good central location to meet up with one or more of his gamer friends?

I think running out of gas was probably an unfortunate mishap.

He just got the vehicle for school so maybe he didn't drive too much. Back in January I had a seizure, I wasn't allowed to drive for six months. I didn't drive basically because I was scared to death of having another seizure in the car.

When I drove again the gas in my car was probably on the last little line before the light comes on. I drove around like that for some time. Only realized I needed gas after the light was on awhile. I hate gas stations too, they're seedy little places ( I know they aren't but...)

Anyway, I do not think he had seizures. Just wanna point that out.

I do however think he may have not paid attention to it for one reason or another.

BBM: You do now....that would be me, and every member of my family. :D

For consideration: I've slept inside the car in the shade of a truck because it is still cooler than being out in direct sun. In Buttonwillow, in September, probably 12 times. (with the windows open about 2 inches.) Granted, I did get up around 10:00 ish.

I agree it is only one person's experience (mine), but that's why I can see it being possible. I get that anyone who hasn't done so might not see it that way.

Double BBM. :) I don't talk on my phone without the hands free thing, so I usually end up pulling over, but I know a ton of people who just grab the phone. Frankly I prefer it to the ones who are texting with phones in their lap and pretending they're paying enough attention to driving - and I see that ALL the time.

Ok, let me clear up a few things.
Bryce is my nephew.
1.He does not have a drug problem, he like most people experimented with marijuana in High School and has recently tried Diovan (Adderall) Supposedly, Adderall is being used by college students to help them focus.
2. He does not have any issues with his sexuality. He has had a lot of girlfriends and knowing him since born think I would have seen a warning sign if otherwise
3. The movie link that was posted was for a high school arts class

Lets stay on track here and try to help find him. I will try to update and monitor here on this forum.

As of right now there is no new news. My sister and brother-in-law are still waiting for an answer on the body found by Castaic lake. They did supply dental records

Thank you! As you can see, this does not state that Bryce was "into marijuana". Please be careful (this applies to all, not just this poster) as what you state as FACT (i.e. "Bryce was into marijuana) as this can quickly derail a thread. If it is a possibility or your opinion, state it as such.

OT...but texting while driving, you have to be missing a lot of brain cells. I think it is the description of stupid, or should be. And should be treated just like drunk driving, IMO, as it is a deliberate choice to disregard safety of others. And you don't even have the excuse of being drunk. JMO

If he got three gallons of gas... the last credit card transaction showed $1.71 - 3 gallons wouldn't get him very far. Was there also a transaction for fuel?

Not to mention $1.71 wouldn't get him anywhere close to 3 gallons of gas.

How do we know that Bryce really didn't break up with his girlfriend? It seems we're exploring all the reasons he may not have followed through with it, but what if he had? IIRC, during the girlfriend's (or ex gf's) interview, she said that she hadn't spoken to Bryce since he left her apartment. I think it's a little odd she wouldn't have spoken to her boyfriend for a few days...especially if he had been acting out of the ordinary. JMO

Not to mention $1.71 wouldn't get him anywhere close to 3 gallons of gas.

I think the $1.71 was for the drink. It was mentioned that the 3 gallons of gas from the service guy cost $20 and that there was another gas transaction for around $40 (which wasn't posted in the timeline, but I think dragracerz posted that).

OT...but texting while driving, you have to be missing a lot of brain cells. I think it is the description of stupid, or should be. And should be treated just like drunk driving, IMO, as it is a deliberate choice to disregard safety of others. And you don't even have the excuse of being drunk. JMO

Also OT but I completely agree. Not that I endorse either one, but at least the drunk people are usually TRYING to pay attention.

Maybe he chickened out and couldn't face GF to break-up but had planned on meeting up with his new love interest. He said he had a lot to talk to his mom about. Maybe new girl is pregnant and he was going to quit school and move in with her. This could have been a setup and he is living with new girl while all this is going on. I wonder if Bryce usually wears hats and sunglasses.

I just don't know what to think anymore. This is a bizarre case. I think Bryce did have quite a few secrets though.

Hm interesting idea, and one I hadn't thought of before. I'd love to know he's alive and living with someone who cares about him. When I think of traveling between NorCal and SoCal I think of semi-central meeting spots as Bakersfield, Fresno, and Buttonwillow (further South, but still seems like a reasonable meeting place). I realize that might just be me... but it does make sense as a meeting spot.

Even if he did have a second phone...if he had a "secret" relationship going, I think his computer would have clues. So his family probably knows, or will know soon.

But that is not what I am feeling here. I think he did intend to get to his hometown to see a friend, as he said, and everything went haywire with him, possibly sparked by the drug. Not grabbing his phone is just weird, though, as that is almost a natural reflex these days for this age group. Either he left it on purpose, i.e to "disappear" or he was addled.

I don't know what to make of the break-up talk or rumor. Seems there has to be some basis for it ever coming up in the first place.

How do we know that Bryce really didn't break up with his girlfriend? It seems we're exploring all the reasons he may not have followed through with it, but what if he had? IIRC, during the girlfriend's (or ex gf's) interview, she said that she hadn't spoken to Bryce since he left her apartment. I think it's a little odd she wouldn't have spoken to her boyfriend for a few days...especially if he had been acting out of the ordinary. JMO

I do think that he broke up with her. In the KFI interview below (at about 9 and a half minutes into the interview) his mom states, "He called me and he said, Mom, I'm fine. I'm leaving. I broke up with Kim". I can see where it also may not have been taken as sincere if everyone thought he was acting out of character enough to take away his car keys and tell him he can't drive. If he was my boyfriend I would have been blowing up his phone with calls and text messages after he left my house. If she did call him it sounds like he was ignoring her calls, too (since she hadn't spoken to him since he had left.)

http://www.kfiam640.com/articles/local-news-465708/castaic-body-update-11628535/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
panchoept