CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
says LE is monitoring on the FB page... Also mentions LE has phone and Laptop...so maybe the new investigators have it and the other one dropped the ball... dunno!

dragracerz had said the phone & laptop were turned over to Bryce's mom. Was the info you're referring to from early on or more recently? Or did the new detectives on the case take them back?

RSBM
Does anyone else find it strange that Charlie, the one and only friend in Laguna Niguel (that we know of) did not know Bryce was coming to hang out with him and "blow off some steam"? Seems he would have AT LEAST texted Charlie and said something like "Hey man, I'm going to be in town", right? Unless Charlie is a bum :) there would be a chance he would have had plans.
RSBM

Not completely. I used to do this all the time as a teen. Go to great lengths (& distances) to get to a friend's house via bus, bicycle, roller skating, or walking & never have clued in the friend that I was coming & just hope they were there.

BBM I think Charlie was as big a part of the plan to go to Laguna Niguel as Laguna Nigel was. Zilch. :( *think fast, think fast, think fast... CHARLIE!* IYKNWIM

:(

That thought crossed my mind.

Thanks! I was looking for the KFI radio interview. On the one linked earlier, done on Wednesday the 4th, the day the body was found, Jon & Ken mentioned that they talked with her the day before as well. Then I was looking for the one dragracerz did with them a couple days ago.

BluePoppy, I'm wondering if they spoke with her but not on the air?

Also - I have been searching Dragracerz posts to find the one about mom monitoring Bryce's FB and cannot find it anywhere. I'm thinking maybe I saw it on the Find Bryce FB page? Going to go look over there for a little while...

Thanks! I was looking for the KFI radio interview. On the one linked earlier, done on Wednesday the 4th, the day the body was found, Jon & Ken mentioned that they talked with her the day before as well. Then I was looking for the one dragracerz did with them a couple days ago.

Yes. I couldn't find it either. They did say that they spoke to her the day before (which would have been the 3rd.) I was wondering if possibly they spoke to her off the air or it may have been just a minute interview during the news that they don't put in their podcasts (???)

Not completely. I used to do this all the time as a teen. Go to great lengths (& distances) to get to a friend's house via bus, bicycle, roller skating, or walking & never have clued in the friend that I was coming & just hope they were there.

That thought crossed my mind.

I think that's just a huge cultural difference. By culture I don't mean race, I mean how someone was raised. I would never drop by someone's house unannounced, even someone who would most likely be happy to see me. My husband on the other hand will drop by someone's house when he hasn't even seen them in 5+ years. It's normal for him, and he thinks it's weird that I won't just drop by somewhere. IMO I think it's all about what's normal for that person. I wish we knew more about what's normal for Bryce.

Also - I have been searching Dragracerz posts to find the one about mom monitoring Bryce's FB and cannot find it anywhere. I'm thinking maybe I saw it on the Find Bryce FB page? Going to go look over there for a little while...

I think we posted at the same time about possibly not airing their conversation with her the day before.

If I recall correctly Dragracerz stated that he, the police and Bryce's mom all have access to the Find Bryce FB page and kmw461 was the one who posted about Bryce's mom having access to Bryce's personal FB page.

Here is a link to kmw461's post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

I think we posted at the same time about possibly not airing their conversation with her the day before.

If I recall correctly Dragracerz stated that the he, the police and Bryce's mom all have access to the Find Bryce FB page and kmw461 was the one who posted about Bryce's mom having access to Bryce's personal FB page.

Here is a link to kmw461's post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

Thank you Voice4theSilent. I found a post by the FB Admin 8 hours ago that the detectives are monitoring his page so evidently they have taken over?

Sounds like the new detectives are a little (okay, a lot) more on the ball.

:please:

IIRC dragracerz only said early on that LE had access to Bryce, Mom's & group FB accts.

It was the other girl here whose son knows Bryce from IL who said he sent a FB msg to Bryce after he went missing & that is showed "read" after that. He then called Bryce's mom & she told him she had picked the message up. Therefore she is monitoring his FB as well.

Thank you Voice4theSilent. I found a post by the FB Admin 8 hours ago that the detectives are monitoring his page so evidently they have taken over?

Sounds like the new detectives are a little (okay, a lot) more on the ball.

:please:

I hope so!

<snipped for space>
It tales me 3.5 house to get from my house in Orange County to my brother's in Oakland, via plane, and I get to hit the airport bar before hand and have a drink on the plane, while I relax and watch t.v or listen to music while looking out the window.

By car it's at least 6 hours, stressful and no drinks!!!

But is it really that short when you count packing, parking, check-in, etc.?

I've made those short flights a few times and it always kills me that it's a 20 minute flight but a 2 or 3 hour mess on either end of it. I can see how it would depend on how much you like driving or flying, though.

Asking generally... does Bryce like to drive? Was this a semi-fun road trip for him before whatever accident happened? I will happily drive 9 or 10 hours before I'd get on a plane, but I know that varies between people. I'd so love to hear HIS version someday.

I think that's just a huge cultural difference. By culture I don't mean race, I mean how someone was raised. I would never drop by someone's house unannounced, even someone who would most likely be happy to see me. My husband on the other hand will drop by someone's house when he hasn't even seen them in 5+ years. It's normal for him, and he thinks it's weird that I won't just drop by somewhere. IMO I think it's all about what's normal for that person. I wish we knew more about what's normal for Bryce.

I think it's age relative too.

When I was in college (now mind you, we did not have cell phones OR internet), I would hit friend's apartments, dorms, etc. with no notice.

When I got older, wouldn't dream of showing up unannounced. When people just "drop by" and knock on my door, they knock until they give up and leave because I don't do "drop ins". LOL!!!!!

*might be a hermit* ;)

I think it's age relative too.

When I was in college (now mind you, we did not have cell phones OR internet), I would hit friend's apartments, dorms, etc. with no notice.

When I got older, wouldn't dream of showing up unannounced. When people just "drop by" and knock on my door, they knock until they give up and leave because I don't do "drop ins". LOL!!!!!

*might be a hermit* ;)

Exactly! There are very few people I will drop in on today, only because we have that kind of relationship & I know they don't mind. I, on the other hand, can't stand drop ins. With 3 kids, pets & husband gone a lot, my house is usually embarrassing. But my husband can't stand that. He thinks our house should be "company ready" 24/7 & that I should have no problem with anyone dropping by any time. *shrug*

RSBM
He was up all day/night on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and most of Thursday although we assume he was asleep in Buttonwillow. That's almost 4 days...
How do we know this, though? I don't know who was with him on Monday and Tuesday night (all night), but no one was with him from 11:30 PM on Wednesday until 9:00 on Thursday when he called for gas. Since the trip from Chico to Buttonwillow is only 349 miles, and would only take 5 hours and 10 minutes, he could have been sleeping for 4 hours. Since he was unaccounted for for 8 or 9 hours in Buttonwillow, he could have been sleeping then, too. It's quite a stretch to say he hadn't slept in 4 days when there was no one with him for the 4 days to say if he did or didn't.

RSBM
It tales me 3.5 house to get from my house in Orange County to my brother's in Oakland, via plane, and I get to hit the airport bar before hand and have a drink on the plane, while I relax and watch t.v or listen to music while looking out the window.

By car it's at least 6 hours, stressful and no drinks!!!
I have to laugh at this, because it just shows how different people are. Traveling by plane is massively stressful for me, between making the reservations for the plane and the car at the other end, having to be there early, find some way to get there or find a parking garage, going through the security line, pulling out all my electronics and stuffing them back in the bags, my kids getting red flagged, being x-rayed (one more time...), being terrified at every take off and landing and the engine on fire (yes, happened once), being shuttled to the car rental location, waiting to get my car, loading everyone up.....if it's 8-10 hours or less, I drive. I can pack as much as I want, stop and get out when I want to, don't have to wait in countless lines, can play my music and sing at the top of my lungs, open the windows, eat what I want, and have a car at the other end. And there is plenty of room for everyone's legs in my car. :D

Diversity makes the world go 'round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member