CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a search planned for today, on the find FB page.

<snipped for space>

Also, is it possible to get carbon monoxide poisoning from leaving the AC and motor on when you're sleeping in a car? I know it's possible when you are doing it for heat. He obviously didn't die in the car but could he have become disoriented from that?

So sorry to hear about your brother. I can imagine it was a very hard time for him and all of you.

About the carbon monoxide poisoning, it's a good thought but I don't think that's possible unless you're either in a closed garage or sitting behind the car. This is just from my own experience... but I think sitting out in the open, it's really unlikely to effect his state of mind.

So sorry to hear about your brother. I can imagine it was a very hard time for him and all of you.

Thank you very much. It is still a struggle for him and us, he still has severe insomnia and I think that's his biggest problem right now. He's a lot more stable with the meds and is making progress but I don't know if he'll ever be all the way recovered. I hope so but I don't know. But the self destructive tendencies are way reduced and he hasn't had to be hospitalized for several years now. At least we know he is safe now that he doesn't go wandering off and acting irrationally, that makes it a lot easier to deal with! He still likes to travel and when he does now it's usually with us, but once a year he goes by himself for a few days to somewhere in the south (different place each time) to go to a NASCAR race and he's done that several times now with no apparent problems. I thank God that he's a lot better.

<Vulture's experienced RSBM for space>

Also, is it possible to get carbon monoxide poisoning from leaving the AC and motor on when you're sleeping in a car? I know it's possible when you are doing it for heat. He obviously didn't die in the car but could he have become disoriented from that?

Vulture. First of all, I want to say that I am sorry for what you and your family, you'r poor ((((brother)))) have been through. Mental illness is so misunderstood and it comes in so many shapes and colors. It is hard to watch a loved one struggle... it affects EVERYONE even peripherally. Thank you for sharing your story; if Bryce was exhibiting behaviors like your brother's, AnjL or Whiteorchid's sons, I hope his family will be able to note that... it could be very telling. With or without drugs.

As far as the BBM. I can only relate a couple of experiences my dad shared with me as a first responder. He was the chief of a volunteer fire department that services I-40 from just outside Flagstaff to Gallup NM. On a couple of separate occasions they had families pull into the fire department for assistance. Both were Carbon Monoxide related and in one case, the family had been driving with the rear window of their Suburban down (long road trip). Everyone was ill and the driver was experiencing confusion and disorientation; how he managed to figure out to get to the fire department is still a mystery. What they discovered though was that the fumes from their exhaust had been drafting up into the rear window and everyone was being poisoned. Fresh air and minor medical assistance fixed the problem so... not sure if Bryce had his window down in the back and was parked in such a way that the fumes could get into the vehicle, seems to reason that once he got out and got some fresh air, started walking, things would have cleared up. I could be completely wrong and my dad has since passed away so I can't ask him. :( It's a GREAT thought to ponder though.

(EDIT: My husband (now ex) vanished on a "business trip" to Las Vegas last year. Found him (no thanks to LE in Nevada or AZ) but I might share that story later. Recent circumstances (read= he's having issues again) have left me a little drained and raw about piping up about it but just putting this out there so ya know I truly do empathize first hand. <3 )

@ dragracerz ...

What's happening out there?

Day 3 of no MSM news?

No clarification from LE about search/case status?

No coverage/info of Saturday press conference?

No update on weekend Team Amber led search?

We're spinning our wheels in here! :panic:

I really hope we have an update today from someone. This is agonizing.

Wonder if BL attended all of his classes the week he went missing?

Sorry in advance for this maybe dumb question, but for me it doesn't indicates that bl's wallet was found that his I'd nor the driver's license was in it. Does it so? Never read about that.

Great questions. I think this is one of the most productive threads on Websleuths right now when it comes to narrowing the issues and theories, noticing the discrepancies and asking the questions that matter. I'm Impressed.

I wish I could write in german, that would made it easier for me to explain the conclusions I came up with.
So please excuse if its hard to understand what I mean.
First, I'm a bit mad why there looking in castaic again. Why not Buttonwillow?
Second, it doesn't make sense to me to leave the engine running because of ac, but maybe it is necessary, in german cars you can have the ac running independent from the engine . It runs over the battery. The key just have to pull halfway. Also it didn't make sense for me to run the ac but have a window open, the cold air will leak.
Jmo. And don't want to offended a1.
@gitana.. I think I misunderstood but your last post sounds a bit sarcastic to me. No offense.

Sandsage:

The following vehicle was driven by two local fisherman that were contacted early on and cleared.

@ dragracerz ...

What's happening out there?

Day 3 of no MSM news?

No clarification from LE about search/case status?

No coverage/info of Saturday press conference?

No update on weekend Team Amber led search?

We're spinning our wheels in here! :panic:

Everyone has been feeling the same. As hard as it is, the more the family keeps updating FB, the more they keep people interested in the case & wanting to help. There was nothing all weekend. I know they were busy with the Amber search, but people were looking for an update.

People in the "Posts by Others" section are frustrated to no responses to their posts / questions. I understand not all questions can be answered. People asked why the search has been called off or scaled back. The family response was that it hasn't been called off or scaled back in any way. That's just frustrating to the poster & those who read it. Because there is no explanation why the media & LE say different. I would expect a response something like:
"While LE has concluded their search of the lake itself, the search is in no way over. We had full scale searches Saturday & Sunday & are exploring all options for future searches. Thank you for your support & concern"​
I know this is time consuming, but you have to keep the people interested if you want to keep media interested.

That said, mom updated FB this morning.

I wish I could write in german, that would made it easier for me to explain the conclusions I came up with.
Second, it doesn't make sense to me to leave the engine running because of ac, but maybe it is necessary, in german cars you can have the ac running independent from the engine . It runs over the battery. The key just have to pull halfway. Also it didn't make sense for me to run the ac but have a window open, the cold air will leak.
@gitana.. I think I misunderstood but your last post sounds a bit sarcastic to me. No offense.

Cars here wont run AC or heater without the car running. Also, I'm pretty sure it is believed Bryce made it safely out of Buttonwillow & to Castaic. He spoke to his mom on the phone saying he was pulling off in a suburban area to sleep 1 minute before his car was seen on a security camera in Castaic, so it's presumed to be he is not very likely in Buttonwillow.

Second, it doesn't make sense to me to leave the engine running because of ac, but maybe it is necessary, in german cars you can have the ac running independent from the engine . It runs over the battery. The key just have to pull halfway.

RSBM

I'm not a mechanic or even claim to know much about how cars run so...

I can only guess that running the engine while running the AC is so
that the battery continues to recharge rather than eventually dying.

Wouldn't that happen with german cars - battery would eventually
die after prolonged use of AC w/o engine running? TIA

Everyone has been feeling the same. As hard as it is, the more the family keeps updating FB, the more they keep people interested in the case & wanting to help. There was nothing all weekend. I know they were busy with the Amber search, but people were looking for an update.

People in the "Posts by Others" section are frustrated to no responses to their posts / questions. I understand not all questions can be answered. People asked why the search has been called off or scaled back. The family response was that it hasn't been called off or scaled back in any way. That's just frustrating to the poster & those who read it. Because there is no explanation why the media & LE say different. I would expect a response something like:
"While LE has concluded their search of the lake itself, the search is in no way over. We had full scale searches Saturday & Sunday & are exploring all options for future searches. Thank you for your support & concern"​
I know this is time consuming, but you have to keep the people interested if you want to keep media interested.

That said, mom updated FB this morning.

Thanks, BluePoppy! :wave:

So true and well put!

Oh how I wish I had some Heer Feldjägers on some of my searches. Those guys did not mess around (when I knew them in the 1970's). Experts in searching, survival and tracking.

RSBM

I'm not a mechanic or even claim to know much about how car

I can only guess that running the engine while running the AC is so
that the battery continues to recharge rather than eventually dying.

Wouldn't that happen with german cars - battery would eventually
die after prolonged use of AC w/o engine running? TIA

I bet the battery will run low, but I guess it took several hours to do so. One time we forget to switch off the light, battery was still fine next morning, but it was a newer one and just the lights. 2 fishermen saw him. Ok..but who saw him after 2.Am? Maybe he drove back to Buttonwillow, and another person drove back to castaic. like I said earlier, it's hard to writing down, what I exactly mean.

Oh how I wish I had some Heer Feldjägers on some of my searches. Those guys did not mess around (when I knew them in the 1970's). Experts in searching, survival and tracking.

Gesundheit! :giggle:

Time to get more search teams with lots of SAR dogs and up to date technology and equipment. If Team Amber can search now why not TES? I've posted a few links for S&R organizations that were much larger and free in CA. Team Amber is small IMO. Why not have a few searches in different areas he could have traveled? When little Danielle Van Dam went missing and body found they had searches all the way up the highway from Poway to San Diego and didn't limit themselves to one area. They had LOTS of searchers.

I'm in CA and I have seen nothing on the news since last week. Isn't this what team amber is supposed to be organizing? I watch NG daily and still have not seen this case on her show to this day which is odd because her and Marc Klaas work together getting the word out on her show. Almost every missing person case that has been on my local news has gotten attention on the NG show. Where is Marc Klaas? Dragracerz said over a week ago he was on-board. I've heard nothing about Marc Klaas since. This is what he does. Why is he not involved now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

edited for space

I;m really confused. Scrolling back through your posts I notice that I read and thanked most of them when you posted and many others did as well. In fact, some have responded. I'm not sure what you're upset about. You have an opinion but just because others may not agree or take it as fact doesn't mean they are new or missing your point or ignoring you. Heck, I;m always stating my opinion but half the people disagree with my blathering (probably the smart ones!!!) and more don't respond and that's okay!!! There's a lot going on in these threads and everyone has different opinions. I've got to say, I've learned a lot from posters on here. People catch things I never would have caught!!

This quote pretty sums up why I keep coming on here, if every person on this thread (personally or otherwise) got offended by someones posts, or took offense to someones speculation , they would be no one here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSI1005