CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, thank you, ItsACarat. Interesting. Ah, I found the post where dragracerz said (post #419) "I know there was a tape from a 7-11 Wherever the tape was from it only shows cars going in - not out"

If the security camera only shows the half of the road for traffic going towards the direction of the lake, I guess it is possible BL walked the opposite side of the road and would have been undetected, then?

The camera sightings were something like over 2 hours apart, weren't they? Hard to figure out what kind of route he was driving, and why. Why so long, if he was wanting to sleep. Odd...but then, so are many things about this case, isn't there.

When I first heard about his car being seen on camera twice, around 2 hours apart, my first thought was that he may have pulled over to sleep; slept almost 2 hrs, then drove out to go back to the main road. But for some reason (unknown to us) he went back in and that was the time he had the crash. That was just how it sounded to me, but I could be way off. It makes sense he would sleep for two hours and then leave. What doesn't make sense is how or why he ended up going back "in". Unless like me, he has a bad sense of direction. :( I've often accidentally went back the way I just came out before. Could it be that once he realized it, he tried to turn around and that's when the car crashed? Hmm...I think I need to go back and study the maps.

My instincts still tell me, as they have from the beginning, that the true source of Bryce's disappearance revolve around whatever happened Monday night up all night playing Madden at his apartment with his roommate.

I think Bryce took a Vyvanse to be able to stay up to play. I believe whatever conversations happened during that time + the Vyvanse + weed + possibly mushrooms (my own hypothesis not based on the mushroom picture mentioned here previously) caused Bryce to be acting out of character & was the catalyst that started the chain of events from then until the accident on Friday morning. JMO.

I agree very much with this hypothesis. When reading up on Vyvanse (see link), it describes these symptoms and warnings:

Mental (psychiatric) problems including:
new or worse behavior and thought problems
new or worse bipolar illness
In Children and Teenagers
new psychotic symptoms such as:
seeing things or hearing voices
believing things that are not true
being suspicious
new manic symptoms

Tell the doctor about any drug abuse, alcohol abuse or mental problems that your child has had, or about a family history of suicide, bipolar illness, or depression.
http://www.vyvansekids.com/side-effects-in-children.aspx

He may have started behaving in such a manner as to cause his friends to take his car keys. If the worst symptoms came into play after Bryce went "cold turkey" off the Vyvanse (which is NOT recommended, due to serious symptoms like those above!), while on the road, he could become tired, maybe suicidal (lots of warnings about suicidal thoughts ref Vyvanse). Tried to ditch the car and himself. That failed, so had to leave the car (and phone and wallet and laptop) to find another way to escape the depression that can accompany sudden withdrawal. Couple his earlier exposure to Vyvanse with recreational substances like alcohol, and that may have tipped the scales farther. :facepalm:
Another medical site with info: http://treato.com/Vyvanse,Suicide/?a=s&p=3 According to reports there, many individuals have contemplated or completed suicide, with no warning to their loved ones.
In an altered mental state, if paranoia was present, he may be hiding during the day. I just can't envision another plausible scenario in which he is not seen anywhere. I am saddened and shocked he has been missing for so long, and my heart goes out to his family.

I just thought of something. My husband was in a serious car collision this week that required him to call 9-1-1 from his cell phone. He told me it was answered by CHP. I just suggested to Bryce's mom via FB that maybe she should go to the Valencia CHP office and see if any strange calls came in that night that were dispatched to CHP not police that maybe they didn't realize were associated with each other at the time. Like maybe someone could have sighted someone acting strange or walking on the freeway, who knows.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That is true that (at least in many places) calls do go to the CHP instead. Although I would hope that they (CHP) would be aware enough to communicate if they'd had any strange calls that night, as surely they would be aware of the case?

I live literally a stone's throw from a freeway - I mean, close enough I could toss one from my yard onto the freeway.

When I left for work one day about a year ago, I saw smoke right near where I live - but it was hard to tell if it was in the yard of the neighbor's or on the freeway side just over the wall.

I got on the freeway and was literally just on the freeway side then of my house - so just a stone's throw the opposite direction - and called 911 once I could tell exactly where it was so the FD could go to the right place. Even being that close to my own home, where I've also called 911 from, but just a few feet away and on the freeway side, it went to CHP instead.

The entire process was SO ridiculous trying to get the call to the right place, especially since the fire department is also just barely over a stone's thrown away as well, since it went via CHP. But it did get there eventually.

I was shocked, though, that that little distance sent the call to CHP and not just our regular SDPD.

And heck, maybe from my own illustration and how difficult it was to get local LE responding and the call transferred to the FD (I seriously could have driven to the next freeway exit, turned around, gotten back on the freeway and off and gone to the fire station myself to get them to come!) that maybe it would be good for Bryce's family to check with the CHP themselves about any odd calls.

Just want to share--

I went to the Lake for a planned boat outing today. I am so surprised and impressed with how many flyers I saw from Saugus to Castaic, especially Castaic. I saw a sign on each and every light post on Lake Hughes Road, right to the Cell Tower.

Here is some pictures of the "scene". The more I looked at it, the more it looks like maybe the car went down the hill without someone in it--but really, I don't know.

The first picture is from the actual lake, the top arrow marks the cell tower and the bottom arrow marks approximately where he landed.

The second picture is from right across from where the car landed--top arrow, cell tower, bottom arrow, debris from accident (glass, red tail lights, etc.)

Attachments

• IMG_20130920_111246_136.jpg
    IMG_20130920_111246_136.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20130920_155356_620.jpg
    IMG_20130920_155356_620.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 168
Just want to share--

I went to the Lake for a planned boat outing today. I am so surprised and impressed with how many flyers I saw from Saugus to Castaic, especially Castaic. I saw a sign on each and every light post on Lake Hughes Road, right to the Cell Tower.

Thanks for the pictures!

But big thanks for letting us know the extent to which awareness seems to be happening about his disappearance! So glad to know flyers are all around and so many people have talked about people looking for him, formally or informally.

That's so encouraging (and quite the contrast to some other current cases!)

Thanks for the pictures!

But big thanks for letting us know the extent to which awareness seems to be happening about his disappearance! So glad to know flyers are all around and so many people have talked about people looking for him, formally or informally.

That's so encouraging (and quite the contrast to some other current cases!)

You know, I'm in Downtown Santa Ana right now having a beer and this is a place that has quickly become a hipster paradise, which is a change from the stabby Paisa bar place it was 10 years ago. It still has a massive homeless population though. And I'm lookin at faces and wondering if Bryce could be here. Troubling, not a missing poster in sight. I'd like to see them in Santa Ana, Newport, downtown Fullerton, bus and train depots, trucker stops, Laguna Beach, etc. I'd like to be part of a flyer campaign.
Also, today things are so different. It's all social media and YouTube, etc. I'd love to see a flash mob for Bryce. Something really attention grabbing.

Just want to share--

Here is some pictures of the "scene". The more I looked at it, the more it looks like maybe the car went down the hill without someone in it--but really, I don't know.

The first picture is from the actual lake, the top arrow marks the cell tower and the bottom arrow marks approximately where he landed.

The second picture is from right across from where the car landed--top arrow, cell tower, bottom arrow, debris from accident (glass, red tail lights, etc.)
Thanks, ItsACarat!

these are great!

:seeya:

Random stuff from timeline I have questions on my mind:

9 p.m. Thursday - responding to a call from the mother, CHP officers stop and search Bryce’s car spotted on Lagoon Drive in Buttonwillow. “Something happened in the whole 10 hours he was around there,” she said.
Shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday - Karen speaks to her son on the phone and asks: “What are you doing?” His response, she said, is: “I’m going to hang with friends later.”
11 p.m. Thursday - Bryce tells his mother he’s buying a beverage at a gas station. A purchase is made for $1.71, she said.
Shortly after midnight Thursday - “He tells me he’s on the I-5 south but he’s telling me nothing,” she said.
1:50 a.m. Friday - Bryce, by phone, tells her he “had detoured off I-5 but was back on the I-5.”
2:08 a.m. Friday - Karen Laspisa talks to her son for the last time. He tells her his GPS tells him he will arrive in Laguna Niguel in three hours and 25 minutes. “He told me ‘I got off the I-5 and I’m in a suburban area. I’m going to sleep in my car,’”

9pm So, did CHP actually see Bryce or just car? Did he tell his mother something happened or just her thoughts?

10pm Going to visit friends? Who and where?

12am Back on road.

11pm-Buys drink in Buttonwillow. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

1.50am He detoured off the I-5, why? To see friends?

2.08 In Castaic, last contact with mom. 3 missing hours where he leaves and returns to lake. Did he take the same route along lake each time or was he in other areas of lake? He didn't have much of a head start since they found his vehicle, but close to freeway, did he get a ride?

9 p.m. Thursday - responding to a call from the mother, CHP officers stop and search Bryce’s car spotted on Lagoon Drive in Buttonwillow. “Something happened in the whole 10 hours he was around there,” she said.
Shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday - Karen speaks to her son on the phone and asks: “What are you doing?” His response, she said, is: “I’m going to hang with friends later.”
11 p.m. Thursday - Bryce tells his mother he’s buying a beverage at a gas station. A purchase is made for $1.71, she said.
Shortly after midnight Thursday - “He tells me he’s on the I-5 south but he’s telling me nothing,” she said.
1:50 a.m. Friday - Bryce, by phone, tells her he “had detoured off I-5 but was back on the I-5.”
2:08 a.m. Friday - Karen Laspisa talks to her son for the last time. He tells her his GPS tells him he will arrive in Laguna Niguel in three hours and 25 minutes. “He told me ‘I got off the I-5 and I’m in a suburban area. I’m going to sleep in my car,’”

9pm So, did CHP actually see Bryce or just car? Did he tell his mother something happened or just her thoughts?

12am Back on road.

2.08 In Castaic, last contact with mom. 3 missing hours where he leaves and returns to lake. Did he take the same route along lake each time or was he in other areas of lake? He didn't have much of a head start since they found his vehicle, but close to freeway, did he get a ride?

All very good questions and valid points that to me only add to the confusion. jmo

12am Back on road.

I agree - these are all mostly unanswered questions. As far as 9pm - Kern Co Sheriffs located Bryce's car in the vicinity of the truckstop area of Buttonwillow - on Lagoon Dr, after his cell was pinged. SD spent 20 minutes with Bryce & told his mother he was fine, he appeared in good spirits & they also searched the vehicle for drugs/alcohol & found none.

I believe the "something happened" comment is in relation to the fact that he had been in Buttonwillow since at least 9am & there is no logical explanation. There is nothing there, he knows no one. My theory is he was coming down from the Vyvanse he took & part of the time sleeping since he hadn't slept since Monday night.

And I keep going back to what was he doing on Buttonwillow for almost 10 hours??? Yet he gets on the road and an hour and a half later, he's telling his mother he's too tired to drive so he's gonna get some sleep in Castaic. He sure wasn't sleeping in Buttonwillow. Not with it being near 100* during the day. What happened during that time? Buttonwillow isn't exactly a tourist town with attractions to spend a day seeing.

I agree. Maybe it's just because I've been there and wasn't exactly impressed - more like nervous the whole time (in the town part) - but I think something may have happened in Buttonwillow that could explain at least some of this mystery. There's really nothing to do or see there and I'd be so surprised if he had friends there because he's fairly new to California, doesn't live near there, and not many people live there. If he did sleep in the car with the A/C on it could explain the running out of gas, but sleeping there, then driving another hour and a half and sleeping again just strikes me as really odd.

You know, I'm in Downtown Santa Ana right now having a beer and this is a place that has quickly become a hipster paradise, which is a change from the stabby Paisa bar place it was 10 years ago. It still has a massive homeless population though. And I'm lookin at faces and wondering if Bryce could be here. Troubling, not a missing poster in sight. I'd like to see them in Santa Ana, Newport, downtown Fullerton, bus and train depots, trucker stops, Laguna Beach, etc. I'd like to be part of a flyer campaign.
Also, today things are so different. It's all social media and YouTube, etc. I'd love to see a flash mob for Bryce. Something really attention grabbing.

BBM How incredibly AWESOME would that be?!!!!! :rockon:

Just want to share--

Those photos are really helpful. THANK YOU!

I'm not very familiar with suicides and the behavior of a person who commits suicide, but is it reasonable to think one would want to cut ties so to speak, with loved ones before they do it? Almost to put that relationship to a close?
I really hope he's found safe, but at this point I'm just not feeling it. I hope I'm wrong.

In my heart of hearts I do not think Bryce committed suicide or self harm. At this point, we have so much (convoluted) information, so much we don't know (about his prior behaviors), it is hard to say. Your question made me realize how important it is though, to be aware of the signs... so I am sharing this:

SYMPTOMS AND DANGER SIGNS

<3

Thinking back at what is was like to be a teenager reminded me how frustrating and overwhelming it was sometimes. Trying to find your place in the world with new places and people. Removing yourself as a child and replacing it with being a responsible adult always made for fun and difficult times. I remember all to well that feeling of wanting to be free but was always reminded I wasn't as grown up as I wanted to be.
I think what I'm thinking is that Bryce maybe just wanted to feel free and now that there is so much going on with searches and media that staying hidden for a bit longer seems like the only option.
I know I would feel awful to have caused all this trouble at that age.
Just hoping your out there Bryce :)

Thinking back at what is was like to be a teenager reminded me how frustrating and overwhelming it was sometimes. Trying to find your place in the world with new places and people. Removing yourself as a child and replacing it with being a responsible adult always made for fun and difficult times. I remember all to well that feeling of wanting to be free but was always reminded I wasn't as grown up as I wanted to be.
I think what I'm thinking is that Bryce maybe just wanted to feel free and now that there is so much going on with searches and media that staying hidden for a bit longer seems like the only option.
I know I would feel awful to have caused all this trouble at that age.
Just hoping your out there Bryce :)

BBM that's what keeps crossing my mind too, MissUnderstood.

Ok this is really strange. I was googling "thank you for saving my soul" the last TM Bryce sent Sean his roommate. What popped up was an old John Lennon song called "you saved my soul" it's about being saved from suicide. They say it was John Lennon's final song he recorded. Here is a link to the you tube video and a link to the words.

http://lennonchords.info/00_home/yousavedmysoul.txt

http://youtu.be/_NdpFBvOWVc

And I keep going back to what was he doing on Buttonwillow for almost 10 hours??? Yet he gets on the road and an hour and a half later, he's telling his mother he's too tired to drive so he's gonna get some sleep in Castaic. He sure wasn't sleeping in Buttonwillow. Not with it being near 100* during the day. What happened during that time? Buttonwillow isn't exactly a tourist town with attractions to spend a day seeing.

I agree. IMO the fact that he spent so many hours in the Buttonwillow area tells me that he was in either a sleep deprived or drug induced psychosis. His behavior in the days leading up to the accident along with his roomies statement regarding 4 days of no sleep leads me to strongly believe that is the case. I also believe that he hitched a ride and is wandering around somewhere, dazed and confused. I have spent the past week tending to a family member who was in a sleep deprived psychosis that was brought on by a physical illness. At times he appeared completely normal, and we thought he was getting better, but then he would start hallucinating again. We went through a lot: hallucinating that there were bugs on him, he kept changing clothes because he thought everything smelled bad, took a LOT of showers because he felt dirty, changed personalities and identities constantly. (Told Dr he was a professional skate boarder -he is 55 yrs old!, the a musician, then stand up comedian, The Messiah, adopted and gave us whole new name and list if family members...etc) at times he didn't know who we were, where he was, what year it was. He even reverted back to being 5 yrs old. This behavior got worse and worse, and he couldn't sleep more than 45min to an hour even under sedation. Wednesday they finally put him into a medicated coma so that his mind and body could heal. I will also add that his hallucinations began almost instantaneously. one minute he seemed fine, then the next he became agitated and worried because he was adopted and needed to carry on the family name but didnt know which name to carry on. (he was NOT adopted) Sleep deprivation is a serious issue and not something to mess with. If he were not in the hospital, I could easily see how he could have got himself in a predicament similar to Bryce's. I thought of Bryce a lot this week. I hope and pray that he is found safe really soon!

Just want to share--

Wow that area where he rolled is a lot steeper than I pictured in my mind. Thanks for the photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman