CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to echo the thank you to Caron! I still wonder if it was a sort of non-breakup-breakup (ala "Friends" TV show, "we were on a break!"). Separate colleges could IMO lead to that even between people who love each other.

I agree it might be none of our business, but just jumping off, now I'm confused re: the keys. I thought "friends" (which I took to mean local friends in Roseville/Rocklin area) took them away, but it was actually his girlfriend? So was it the girlfriend that his Mom talked to and told to give him back the keys? Or were his other friends also with him at her place? I mean hopefully she was a friend as well as romantic girlfriend, but that really confuses me. It may not even matter, but like you PoirotsGirlFriday I'm trying to understand his emotional state that night.

Total speculation and I hope this is ok, but I can see him reacting very differently if, for example, he went to break up with her and she went "oh thank goodness" as opposed to "please let's just give each other some space" as opposed to "no, no, no, don't break up with me, I love you!" I can also see the key thing really differently in that case. "You're acting weird, give me your keys" from a group of friends is really different from "no don't leave, give me your keys" from a girlfriend you're breaking up with.

It's been so long now I'm not sure if these answers even help with finding him. They might though. It might help with figuring out, was he likely to take off running, hide, end up in a mental hospital, or potentially commit suicide (boy did that hurt to type)...? Was he in a decent state of mind to take basic care of himself after the accident - i.e. finding food, water, safe or semi-safe place to stay? If so does that mean he's surviving but lost and dazed somewhere? Is he likely to return to an old friend's house and beg them to conceal his identity for now? If not, well... I really don't want to go there yet.

:goodpost: I heartily agree with and relate to everything you have here. I have the same exact questions. The key thing really threw me off as well! Because before, when it was being reported that "friends" took his keys, in my mind, I was envisioning that:

#1 Bryce was acting strangely for several days prior to the break up and his friends noticed.
#2 There were multiple friends involved who thought Bryce breaking up with KS was bizarre behavior.
#3 Multiple friends possibly knew Bryce has taken the Adderall (or as we now know, it was actually Vyanase, am I spelling that right??) and were concerned for him.

BUT...if these "friends" were actually just one "friend" the gf - now I feel like that changes things! Was Bryce acting out of character in any other ways? Did his friends notice or not? Maybe not so much after all. It may not make a difference, but it just feels like if KS was the one taking his keys away, it changes a lot of things! At least to me, in the way I had envisioned it all going down on Wednesday. Makes it seem like it all hinges more on the break up, if there weren't other people involved that day. I assumed by the mention of "friends" taking away his keys, that there was much more going on in the days leading up to the disappearance. If that makes any sense??? :p

Maybe there is more known than being said? It seems to have went cold since the parents met with detectives.

If that makes any sense??? :p

Just wanted to say that I totally understood what you were trying to say.

This is the most perplexing missing person case. Every scenario that I think of just doesn't seem to quite fit. I do think though from all that we've read about how close he is to his parents that if Bryce is out there still alive, that he's not hiding from his parents by choice. I also don't think that foul play was involved nor do I think he committed suicide.

I think he either bumped his head or was dazed by the accident or he had a mental break, and either he didn't make it out of the park alive (wandered somewhere and succumbed...ugh, I hated typing that) or he did make it out and is somewhere confused or possibly mentally ill. Even those two scenarios seem unlikely, but they seem less unlikely than anything else I can come up with.

My instincts still tell me, as they have from the beginning, that the true source of Bryce's disappearance revolve around whatever happened Monday night up all night playing Madden at his apartment with his roommate.

I think Bryce took a Vyvanse to be able to stay up to play. I believe whatever conversations happened during that time + the Vyvanse + weed + possibly mushrooms (my own hypothesis not based on the mushroom picture mentioned here previously) caused Bryce to be acting out of character & was the catalyst that started the chain of events from then until the accident on Friday morning. JMO.

And I keep going back to what was he doing on Buttonwillow for almost 10 hours??? Yet he gets on the road and an hour and a half later, he's telling his mother he's too tired to drive so he's gonna get some sleep in Castaic. He sure wasn't sleeping in Buttonwillow. Not with it being near 100* during the day. What happened during that time? Buttonwillow isn't exactly a tourist town with attractions to spend a day seeing.

Just wanted to say that I totally understood what you were trying to say.

This is the most perplexing missing person case. Every scenario that I think of just doesn't seem to quite fit. I do think though from all that we've read about how close he is to his parents that if Bryce is out there still alive, that he's not hiding from his parents by choice. I also don't think that foul play was involved nor do I think he committed suicide.

I think he either bumped his head or was dazed by the accident or he had a mental break, and either he didn't make it out of the park alive (wandered somewhere and succumbed...ugh, I hated typing that) or he did make it out and is somewhere confused or possibly mentally ill. Even those two scenarios seem unlikely, but they seem less unlikely than anything else I can come up with.

This is pretty much where I think I am at, too. When he wasn't found right away after the car accident, I thought he must be purposefully hiding out for some reason. But after this much time has passed without him contacting his parents...I'm starting to doubt that could be the case.

I just don't think he would put them through this, based on what we have learned about the type of person he is. He also doesn't strike me as someone who would "live off the the grid" so if he was intentionally hiding out, he would need clothes, money, food, transportation, technology, etc. Which in turn, would probably expose him to someone who recognized him. So I'm with you - it seems like the only remaining answers might be the possibilities you listed above. I just hope he's making it ok and that maybe he's been found and being looked after by some kind people who are just unaware that he is a missing person.

Does anyone know about a situation where a person had amnesia, but instead of realizing it, they thought they did know who they were? But they had the wrong name or the wrong memories of who they were, where they lived, etc.?

I'm rather new to all these missing persons cases, so I've never heard of such a situation before. And maybe I'm just trying to be optimistic instead of realistic! I was just thinking that if someone found him and he is telling them he doesn't know who he is, what person is not going to either take him to a hospital, call the police, or check for missing person reports? (I would do all 3, I think. Only seems logical!)

Unless...he was not telling them that he doesn't know who he is. He could be keeping that a secret as he tries to figure it out; or he thinks he is someone else and gave them that incorrect name. (Or they are not good people and don't want to help him remember who he is...but that, I don't want to think about!)

Does anyone know about a situation where a person had amnesia, but instead of realizing it, they thought they did know who they were? But they had the wrong name or the wrong memories of who they were, where they lived, etc.?

I'm rather new to all these missing persons cases, so I've never heard of such a situation before. And maybe I'm just trying to be optimistic instead of realistic! I was just thinking that if someone found him and he is telling them he doesn't know who he is, what person is not going to either take him to a hospital, call the police, or check for missing person reports? (I would do all 3, I think. Only seems logical!)

Unless...he was not telling them that he doesn't know who he is. He could be keeping that a secret as he tries to figure it out; or he thinks he is someone else and gave them that incorrect name. (Or they are not good people and don't want to help him remember who he is...but that, I don't want to think about!)

Well there was that guy who woke up in the hospital and thought he was Swedish, spoke only Swedish. Those who knew him suspect it was connected to some online game he knew, the name he thought he had matched the game character's name. He ended up moving there when he was out of the hopsital and gave up (at least for now) whoever he really is.

This may be along the lines of what I was trying to ask about. Although I was thinking more of total amnesia brought on by the car accident, resulting in an incorrect memory of who he is afterwards. But this is similar. Anyone know of any missing persons cases where dissociative disorders were the culprit?

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dissociative-disorders/DS00574/DSECTION=symptoms

It's probably a stretch, but like I said, I'm trying to be optimistic that he is still alive (I feel that he is) and there is a reason for his disappearance.

Well there was that guy who woke up in the hospital and thought he was Swedish, spoke only Swedish. Those who knew him suspect it was connected to some online game he knew, the name he thought he had matched the game character's name. He ended up moving there when he was out of the hopsital and gave up (at least for now) whoever he really is.

Oh! Very intriguing!!! I've never heard of this case before. I will have to look it up and read about it. Thank you!!

While I do not think amnesia is totally impossible...he most likely has no money and no way of getting any, other than begging. So unless he is with someone who is feeding him and caring for him, he is living as "homeless" I guess. JMO but I don't think most college kids are equipped to do this.

My instincts still tell me, as they have from the beginning, that the true source of Bryce's disappearance revolve around whatever happened Monday night up all night playing Madden at his apartment with his roommate.

I think Bryce took a Vyvanse to be able to stay up to play. I believe whatever conversations happened during that time + the Vyvanse + weed + possibly mushrooms (my own hypothesis not based on the mushroom picture mentioned here previously) caused Bryce to be acting out of character & was the catalyst that started the chain of events from then until the accident on Friday morning. JMO.

BBM

I absolutely agree. I think that the catalyst to his disappearance occurred sometime between Tuesday early morning and whenever he showed up unexpectedly to break up with his girlfriend.

KS took the keys. She told me herself she took the keys and her roommate DH gave them back after speaking with BL mother that he was ok to drive back from Chico to his apartment in Roseville. YES told directly to me from KS herself. But I will be honest, this is just my own thought that maybe they didn't want LE to stop looking for him because the break up and saying he was going back to his apartment and not knowing where he was until he was found in Buttonwillow maybe they didn't want the search to stop. I don't know.

I agree completely with everything you said here. I'd like some clarification on the part about who took the keys, if possible.

Caron - Did KS tell you what Bryce said to her when he broke up with her? From what I understand it would clear up what people are wondering about him possibly telling her they were only going to take a break or see how the seperation goes, etc.? I, too, can only speculate as to why this information hasn't been released.

No, I was not told a reason. I actually know that according to KS conversation with me that he was suppose to spend the holiday weekend with her instead drove a few hours north to break up with her. She said he wasn't acting himself It's not my place to say why she felt that...so she took his keys. KL talked to her roommate DH and DH said he looked ok to drive and the keys were given back, He said he had to go because it was getting late. I don't know any other of the conversation. I only know by reading my daughters text messages from DH the roommate of KS and what KS told me personally. My daughter JA knew of the breakup that night according to the text messages I read on her phone. I also went through my daughters messages on her phone with BL and she messaged him several times on the 29th and 30th and he never responded to her. I don't know if I am allowed to say any of this. I hope I'm not offending anyone. I've tried my best to be quiet because I don't want to intrude It's sooo so so so sad.

Caron - Did KS tell you what Bryce said to her when he broke up with her? From what I understand it would clear up what people are wondering about him possibly telling her they were only going to take a break or see how the seperation goes, etc.? I, too, can only speculate as to why this information hasn't been released.

Caron:

Here is the process for you to become a verified insider if you choose:

We are lucky enough to have posters from all walks of life with a broad spectrum of expertise. Some may have special inside knowledge about a case or be directly related to a player in the case. This is all extremely valuable information for the forum. However, we like to make sure that anyone posting as a professional in a specific area (doctor, lawyer, search and rescue, etc.), or as someone with inside information, truly is what/who they claim to be. Verification is 100% optional. No posters are required to become verified unless they wish to post inside or professional information. If you wish to become verified, please contact the owners at wsverify@xmission.com with your Websleuths name, your real name, the case, and your phone number and a good time to call. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Caron, please consider becoming a verified insider. It would allow you a bit more freedom to post what you know without worrying about whether you are breaking the TOS of the site.

Edited: Just wanted to add that if there's some reason you think you shouldn't become an insider and/or share more, that's understandable also.

KS took the keys. She told me herself she took the keys and her roommate DH gave them back after speaking with BL mother that he was ok to drive back from Chico to his apartment in Roseville. YES told directly to me from KS herself. But I will be honest, this is just my own thought that maybe they didn't want LE to stop looking for him because the break up and saying he was going back to his apartment and not knowing where he was until he was found in Buttonwillow maybe they didn't want the search to stop. I don't know.

BBM - This was my thought. The conflicting reports on whether or not Bryce broke up with KS could be as Caron said, or that the family & friends really do not think Bryce would want to break up with KS if he were in his right mind. Or, Bryce's family seems to care a lot about KS & maybe they didn't want to cause her embarrassment.

I'm not very familiar with suicides and the behavior of a person who commits suicide, but is it reasonable to think one would want to cut ties so to speak, with loved ones before they do it? Almost to put that relationship to a close?
I really hope he's found safe, but at this point I'm just not feeling it. I hope I'm wrong.

Hoping the deletion of caron's posts is only temporary while we wait for her to get verified...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member