CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the law enforcement transcript (you have to scroll WAAAAAY down or search for the word "Buttonwillow) on this page - Transcript - I noted in the conclusion (read paragraph in reverse):

Delurking to comment on something that I read last night and has been bugging me ever since. When I was looking at the transcript that rosegarden posted, I came across an entry for August 31st in Laguna Niguel that said someone reported two men in their late teens, one pale with freckles and strawberry blonde hair and one Hispanic, walking in a residential area. The Hispanic man was reported to have a gun, and the men were acting somewhat suspicious. Something about this just strikes me as odd. Could it be Bryce? Maybe in the sunlight his hair looked lighter than it really is? At that point, no one was looking for him anywhere other than around the lake. Maybe he wasn't even on LE's radar in that area yet. The area where they were reported is about 6 miles driving distance from Bryce's parents' home, but this has just nagged at me ever since I read it.

As stated before, there will be no discussion of a drug abuse problem with Bryce.

Anyone got any idea what his major is, if he had declared one yet?
Was he ever a Boy Scout?

well sorta answered my own ?

"where he was considering an industrial design major, his father said."
snipped-http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/suburbs/naperville_lisle/ct-met-naperville-missing-teen-mystery-20130913,0,6863170.story

IMO, police are just plain not good at dealing with missing persons cases. IMO it comes from the habit of secrecy which they need to have in criminal cases but carries over to cases like this one, where the public is their best resource by far. Often, it is months before LE starts to release info, when it is far too late as far as memories, possible witnesses, etc.
It is a shame.

LE Detectives can't release all the details due to jeopardizing the integrity of the investigation if they believe it could be a possible homicide. Believe you me homicide and missing persons detectives are highly trained and I'm sure they are leaving no stone unturned. If Bryce is no longer with us and found then they will be looking for a murderer unless it was suicide and they don't want copycat killers.

Lets pray this is not the case. My son is a couple years older then Bryce in college. This is my biggest fear as a Mom. I can't imagine the pain this poor family must be going through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Delurking to comment on something that I read last night and has been bugging me ever since. When I was looking at the transcript that rosegarden posted, I came across an entry for August 31st in Laguna Niguel that said someone reported two men in their late teens, one pale with freckles and strawberry blonde hair and one Hispanic, walking in a residential area. The Hispanic man was reported to have a gun, and the men were acting somewhat suspicious. Something about this just strikes me as odd. Could it be Bryce? Maybe in the sunlight his hair looked lighter than it really is? At that point, no one was looking for him anywhere other than around the lake. Maybe he wasn't even on LE's radar in that area yet. The area where they were reported is about 6 miles driving distance from Bryce's parents' home, but this has just nagged at me ever since I read it.

ID: 13-171261
Suspicious person/circs. 1:03 p.m. Saturday, Aug 31. Ridgeway Av and Mt Vernon St.
Description
[8/31/2013 13:26:00 : pos3 : GDULYANAI] Unit : 1S40 UNITS ON FOOT... [8/31/2013 13:07:36 : pos13 : SHINEFM] OTHER SUBJECT: MALE WHITE LIGHT SKIN WITH FRECKLES STRAWBERRY BLOND SHORT HAIR UNKNOWN CLOTHING... SUBJECTS LAST SEEN OR LONG SLEEVED WALKING ON COURTESY TRAIL OFF OF MT VERNON BETWEEN SWIMMING POOLS... NO INFORMANT CONT [8/31/2013 13:06:20 : pos13 : SHINEFM] THE ONE WITH THE PISTOL: MALE HISPANIC DARKER SKIN 5`8-5`9 THIN DARK HAIR GRN TANK CAMO CARGO SHORTS, WAS HOLDING PISTOL DOWN BY HIS THIGH THEN PUT IT IN A BLK BEANIE THAT HE`S CARRYING IN HIS HAND [8/31/2013 13:04:18 : pos13 : SHINEFM] 79971 RIDGEWAY AV NBH: 971G2 92677 33.4967395409987,-117.708252845808 ALI X Coordinate: 33.47907500 ALI Y Coordinate: -117.701790 2 MALES LATE TEENS-EARLY 20S WALKING AROUND IN THE NBORHOOD, ONE HAD A PISTOL UNKNOWN IF A BB OR BASEBALL GUN OR A FIREARM AND BOTH ARE LOOKING AROUND TRYING TO SEE IF ANYONE`S LOOKING AT THEM, MORE TO FOLLOW

It's a possibility, is the friend he met in LN Hispanic?

LE Detectives can't release all the details due to jeopardizing the integrity of the investigation if they believe it could be a possible homicide. Believe you me homicide and missing persons detectives are highly trained and I'm sure they are leaving no stone unturned. If Bryce is no longer with us and found then they will be looking for a murderer unless it was suicide and they don't want copycat killers.

Lets pray this is not the case. My son is a couple years older then Bryce in college. This is my biggest fear as a Mom. I can't imagine the pain this poor family must be going through.

All too often, there won't be a case anyway, if the victim is not found.
But anyway, in this case, I have not seen anything to make me think foul play. JMO

I should amend the Boy Scout question some- has anyone read anything that might indicate Bryce has any familiarity with the outdoors, like hiking or camping?? Is his family the outdoorsy type? Or would he be totally clueless in an outdoor setting, of course it might depend on his physical/mental condition at the time of the incident....on how he might react/recall....

I should amend the Boy Scout question some- has anyone read anything that might indicate Bryce has any familiarity with the outdoors, like hiking or camping?? Is his family the outdoorsy type? Or would he be totally clueless in an outdoor setting, of course it might depend on his physical/mental condition at the time of the incident....on how he might react/recall....

His uncle said they never camped or at least we not campers.

Indicated in earlier thread by dragracerz that the family is NOT the camping, outdoorsy type.

ahh okay thank you, I couldn't recall if I read something or not,...thank you, good to know

Ok, it's late and I'm tired but wondering if this was ever covered--

11:30 p.m. Wednesday - Bryce Laspisa leaves Chico.

8/29 (Thurs.)

9:00 a.m. Thursday - Bryce runs out of gas near the Buttonwillow Rest Area, west of Bakersfield.

(There appears to be some discrepancies here--a few articles report him running out of gas Thursday morning and some reported him running out of gas Wed. night...the more I look at it, the more the 9am thur. seems like the correct statement because there's no way he made a 4 hour trip to buttonwillow wed. night in the 1.5 hours they stated)

Did BL go back to his apt Wednesday night after leaving Chico? Or was he headed down to Laguna Niguel straight from Chico?

If he DID head back to his apartment Wed night, he got an early start on his day if he ran out of gas at 9am in buttonwillow....like a 5am kinda early start. That's a pretty early start for a college kid, although not extremely abnormal. Just seems out of the norm for Bryce.

Any thoughts?

Ok, it's late and I'm tired but wondering if this was ever covered--

11:30 p.m. Wednesday - Bryce Laspisa leaves Chico.

8/29 (Thurs.)

9:00 a.m. Thursday - Bryce runs out of gas near the Buttonwillow Rest Area, west of Bakersfield.

(There appears to be some discrepancies here--a few articles report him running out of gas Thursday morning and some reported him running out of gas Wed. night...the more I look at it, the more the 9am thur. seems like the correct statement because there's no way he made a 4 hour trip to buttonwillow wed. night in the 1.5 hours they stated)

Did BL go back to his apt Wednesday night after leaving Chico? Or was he headed down to Laguna Niguel straight from Chico?

If he DID head back to his apartment Wed night, he got an early start on his day if he ran out of gas at 9am in buttonwillow....like a 5am kinda early start. That's a pretty early start for a college kid, although not extremely abnormal. Just seems out of the norm for Bryce.

Any thoughts?

http://fox40.com/2013/09/04/roommate-hoping-for-the-best-after-sierra-college-student-goes-missing/

According to close friend and roommate, SD
RSBM

That’s why Sean left Bryce’s high tops next to their front door. He says Bryce can move them himself when he comes home.

“He left it, like he was, he only grabbing the essentials. He left everything else, like he still has most of his clothes here. His T.V. here … He told us he would come back on Labor Day.”

The article doesn't mention exactly when he grabbed the essentials.

It says, "The 19-year-old Sierra College sophomore left Chico to head to his parents’ home in Laguna Niguel a week ago today, but never arrived." 9/4/13

I'm usually defending LE as I know they work extremely hard and try their darnedest to solve cases. But I have to agree with Cluciano. Although they do well in many cases, we've also seen case after case of missing persons- both children and adult- just botched by LE.
Missing adult cases are some of the worst.

Not talking to the family until so late about key info. Not talking to the media about key info. Not following certain leads. Not securing potential crime scenes well enough or conducting searches thoroughly enough. Failing to identify and understand crucial evidence. Etc.

It can be a mess.

I do not think this will have a very good outcome. Something happened to this young man..
From breaking up with GF to having something to tell his mom is a red flag to me!
I hope they find him soon!
And I hope I am wrong!

Not for nothing!
Its very hard to find someone that dosent and didn't want to be found!

they can be found months or years later in places that were searched already...Thing is that specific area was missed.

JMO

:welcome: Tiredmel!

glad you decided to delurk! :lurk:

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads