CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
??? Perhaps BL didn't have a vehicle last school year, his first school year away at college ???

It is interesting to note that we know he was using GPS in an attempt to get home to Laguna Niguel and he is found on "Lagoon Drive" in Buttonwillow and then the car is found crashed near "Castaic Lagoon". I wonder if in his state of exhaustion from not sleeping and due to the fact that this was the first time he had made the drive solo that he got misdirected.

You're stealing my theory! Just kidding! Glad to know I'm not the only one going off in some obscure directions! :clap:

Many people have posted good evidence to dispute our theory but I'm not completely convinced yet....

I remember looking for that info. early on in this case. The only thing I found was in a media detail put out by the Parks Bureau when they were searching Castaic Lake for Bryce: "At 5:30AM Friday, August 30, 2013, a 9-1-1 call was made by a person who reported a vehicle accident on the Castaic Lake Main Ramp Road. California Highway Patrol officers responded to handle the collision in Castaic, an unincorporated community in the Santa Clarita Valley of northern Los Angeles County."

http://sheriff.lacounty.gov/wps/por...low+vehicle+found+near+castaic+lake++lasd+scv

I had not thought of this before. We know the only other vehicle going into the park that night was the fishermen right? So who saw the vehicle and then called it in at 5.30am? The only other person I know was there was the driver of BL's SUV and I believe we have assumed all along that it was BL driving. Meaning BL called in the accident. Assuming this is correct then I would say if he was of right mind enough to make that call, then this is "planned". JMO

Apart from cleaver sleuthing/uncovering here, in this case of a "critical missing person" or
"critical endangered", it seems like there has been no new info/facts released for some time now. ???

Yes that is correct, per the transcript:
(their caps, not mine ;) )
271 meters is about .168 miles, or 887 feet... Pretty amazing accuracy!

The Knights Inn, which used to be the Super 8 that shows on google maps is 0.1 mile (according to google) from 27700 Lagoon Dr in Buttonwillow. That is about a 2 minute walk and within the 271 meter radius of pinging the cell phone.

Regarding the flying: some people just don't like to drive that far, 8 hours driving through nothing but fields is boring and hypnotic. Also, she would then have to drive back another 8 hours. If it were me, I would opt for flying instead. Another thought, maybe they had only 2 vehicles and BL had one of them at school with him, mom might have mentioned flying because dad would need the car at home. JMO
We've learned to buy audio books- especially mysteries, or bring lots of CD's- and movies for the kids- to keep us mentally engaged on the long stretch of I5. Usually we haven't finished them by the time the trip is over, so we have to keep driving around to hear the end!!LOL
We usually drive to L.A. and back-1) because of the cost, 2) I don't like to fly

Yes it was his first trip driving home alone. I think that to be a bit odd as he had already attended school there the previous year. His parents must drove him or flew him before this. Which brings up another point.... Parents always made sure he got back and forth and were with him on all the drives and maybe some of the flights but this trip he was alone? This fits the "unplanned trip home" and that maybe he was not intending to go home at all.

As for the gps, I think it was an app on his phone and "home" was always programmed in. Turn on the app from where ever you are and it automatically will direct you home. JMO
Yup, as soon as we had our GPS installed in our car, yes installed in-dash, we programmed it for our home address. Then when we are leaving a location, we just hit return home and it automatically programs us for our house.

I had not thought of this before. We know the only other vehicle going into the park that night was the fishermen right? So who saw the vehicle and then called it in at 5.30am? The only other person I know was there was the driver of BL's SUV and I believe we have assumed all along that it was BL driving. Meaning BL called in the accident. Assuming this is correct then I would say if he was of right mind enough to make that call, then this is "planned". JMO

Well I'm making an assumption here, but I would think it was probably an employee at the lake/sheriff station (the sheriff station is located right by the boat launch area)--the road his car was found on is the direct road to the boat launch area. If you're taking that road, you're an employee or a boater.

Well I'm making an assumption here, but I would think it was probably an employee at the lake/sheriff station (the sheriff station is located right by the boat launch area)--the road his car was found on is the direct road to the boat launch area. If you're taking that road, you're an employee or a boater.

Castaic Lake Park hours are
August 25 - August 31, open 6:15 AM, off lake 7:30 PM, gates close 8:00 PM

So would there have been an employee there at or before 5.30 am? a full 45 minutes before opening?

Would like to know who called it in and was it recorded by dispatch. Did the family ever hear that recording to rule out if it was BL or not?

I maybe way off base in this line of thinking but I wonder if they followed up on this. JMO

So would there have been an employee there at or before 5.30 am? a full 45 minutes before opening?

Would like to know who called it in and was it recorded by dispatch. Did the family ever hear that recording to rule out if it was BL or not?

I maybe way off base in this line of thinking but I wonder if they followed up on this. JMO

If memory serves, it was someone going in the early morning hours to fish as Castaic does have 24 hour fishing in a specific area.

24 Hour Fishing
Castaic Lake has a 24 hour fishing area with a fish cleaning station located off the Lake Hughes Rd. lower lake campground entrance. Parking is free, except during park hours. Fishing OUTSIDE OF PARK HOURS in any other location, unless otherwise permitted, is PROHIBITED.

http://www.castaiclake.com/fishing.html

If memory serves, it was someone going in the early morning hours to fish as Castaic does have 24 hour fishing in a specific area.

I clipped to save space>> "Lake Hughes Rd. lower lake campground entrance"

http://www.castaiclake.com/fishing.html

True, but the camping area where you can fish 24hrs is on the Lagoon, not the lake and while on Lake Hughes Rd is not near the boat ramp or the Main Boat Ramp Rd, Correct???

The crash had to happen between 4:20 a.m. and 5:15 a.m. when law enforcement arrived for a training exercise, she said.

“Sergeant Wallace called and said the vehicle had crashed and was on its side. It had gone down a 15-foot ravine,” she said. “It went nose first and landed on the passenger side. Bryce has used an emergency tool to break the back window.”

http://hometownstation.com/santa-clarita-news/missing-teens-car-found-overturned-castaic-37484

RBBM

Something seems "off" here. When a park closes, the Park staff is supposed to do a sweep of all the parking areas and access roads in case someone has not returned to their vehicle and exited the park by closing. This would trigger a hasty search and notification of LE if the vehicle owner was not found. There would then be an attempt to contact family to see if they knew where the individual was and why the car was left in the park. If all that were to fail or have no resolve, Parks would declare a missing individual event. Depending on conditions, it may be documented with a wait and see for a couple of hours, or an immediate SAR callout.

If the car entered the area from the rollover down the embankment, I would have expected a park patrol to have found it long before opening time. Even most local large parks have 24 hour staff for patrols, more so when there is a water hazard.

Either I am missing something here, there are no night patrols, a park employee did not do their assigned patrol or we have something odd going on here....

Embassy Suites is checking their surveillance tapes now... :please:

Every "sighting" could be BL but none of these have panned out. I hate to say it but let's not get our hopes up to high or speculate on these. JMO

The fact that in all of these sighting nobody has followed him or even tried to talk to him leaves me to believe they are not real. Crackpots? Crazys? Whatever they are these people are not giving us anything solid to believe in. Don't get me wrong, they should all be followed up on just to rule them out but I'm not putting to much faith in them.

All the posters and fliers put out say to call 911 and I'm not seeing that happen often enough.

I see what you mean! Hadn't thought of that before. If someone (employee of the lake?) found the vehicle, when did they go in and why didn't the video camera catch them? We've heard about Bryce's car going in twice. Followed the last time very shortly after by the fishermen. So where's the employee's car? Hmmm. Are there other entrances that the employee would likely use? But then, it begs two questions: If the employee came in a different way (is there one??) how did they happen across Bryce's car so quickly? And how many other cars could have came in that different way as well? Maybe the car that took Bryce out of there. I have not heard about another entrance so I'm assuming there isn't one. But then that makes it very strange - how did the employee get there???

Every "sighting" could be BL but none of these have panned out. I hate to say it but let's not get our hopes up to high or speculate on these. JMO

The fact that in all of these sighting nobody has followed him or even tried to talk to him leaves me to believe they are not real. Crackpots? Crazys? Whatever they are these people are not giving us anything solid to believe in. Don't get me wrong, they should all be followed up on just to rule them out but I'm not putting to much faith in them.

All the posters and fliers put out say to call 911 and I'm not seeing that happen often enough.

It is possible that one sighting will lead to Bryce... In this current case, the person called 911 right away, but it took LE a while to get there. :( Most sightings won't pan out, only the last sighting will ;) And, true, there are crazy types out there who make things up for god only knows what small-minded reason... :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC