CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was indicated that the point Bryce went down the hill was directly behind the North side of the fence, parallel to Lake Hughes Rd.

The dogs tracked Bryce to the water near Government Cove Rd, which is the dirt trail you end up on going straight down Main Ramp Rd & not turning left into the parking lot. The distance from the top of Main Ramp Rd to the water at the bottom of Gov't Cove Rd is .2 miles (1,056 ft). I would say the car came to rest about 1/4 of the way down Main Ramp Rd to the water, so maybe 750'? Probably a little more.

I had all this mapped out & distances on Pg 1 of thread 2. I just looked & it says I've exceeded my bandwidth. Guess too many people looking at these threads. LOL! I have to see what I can do about that to fix it.

Are we sure that he didn't go down to the water before the crash?

I tend to disagree. Broken windshield, rolled vehicle and blood in the vehicle to me would mean there is a very likely possibility that he is injured and amnesia or confused so yea, needs medical attention. JMO

I think the confusion stems from the "medical needs" verbiage just being recently added, one month post crash.

Why now?

Did family learn something new that leads them to believe he has "medical needs"?

???

I think the confusion stems from the "medical needs" verbiage just being recently added, one month post crash.

Why now?

Did family learn something new that leads them to believe he has "medical needs"?

???

You think? I am sorry, but I think this is huge. Don't know what is going on, but I dont' think all is being revealed. jmo

Why now?

???

Or maybe they didn't know they could put it on there and finally did at the advise of one of the agencies now helping them? Jmo :)

Or maybe they didn't know they could put it on there and finally did at the advise of one of the agencies now helping them? Jmo :)

Could very well be!

It's just that usually we see "medical needs", or something alerting to the same, immediately after a person first goes missing and is known to be separated from daily medication or has some serious illness.

Adding it one month later almost requires an explanation/description of the medical needs. JMO

The thing is, if he looks and is perfectly fine, would people tend to think it must not be him, since they are indicating medical issues?

(I don't happen to believe he IS fine...but I guess they feel the lake area is "cleared".)

Why now?

???

I'm thinking maybe it's so that if someone comes across him, and he is acting out of the norm, s/he will have a little more compassion and understanding and willing to act if they realize that BL is in need of medical attention. Some people may be fearful or repelled if he is looking dirty, disheveled and confused.

Or maybe they really think this might be the onset of Schizophrenia. In which he would need medical attention ASAP

When dragracerz was on yesterday someone posted telling him that even if its a lie he should put in the flyer to help in case someone is purposely hiding out.

I can't find it now so it may have been with all the modsnips but I'm sure others saw that post.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Sad to report that WS Missing Person
Nick Steward"s car was located last night and shortly thereafter his body was found in an adjoining wooded area. He had apparently slashed his extremities and his neck in a successful suicide. Tox screens will take 2 weeks and official coroners report is pending. He leaves behind a wife and one year old son, family, friends and those of us who as strangers brainstormed for 2 weeks trying to make sense of him vanishing into thin air.

"You get two things in life, the things you ask for and the things you are afraid of."
Reverend Terry Cole Whittaker

And personally I would do the same thing if one of my children was missing. I would do anything ! Even if it was morally wrong. I'm sure the agencies who are helping know what they're doing.

There are no medical needs other than speculation that he may have head trauma. I don't agree with putting that poster out there but I get that they are just trying to get more attention.

It is fine to say he may need medical attention...but if he is not showing any physical signs of injury, which by this point, he probably would not be...just not sure how helpful it is. I would think any small head wound would be healed in five weeks. I guess they have t try everything.

In other missing person cases there have been people who could actually die without medication. So these statements on flyers were used to help bring the person home, especially if they were kidnapped. To in essence help guilt the captor.

Think "Panic Room" for a fictional scenario.

I don't buy amnesia. Haven't since the get go. Most people with amnesia get it after a severe head injury that causes a coma. When they awaken from the coma they then have amnesia. Memory loss is a possibility from a less serious injury but full blown retrograde amnesia is extremely rare.

Also if you look at the glasgow coma scale, in order for him to have had a major head injury that caused damage to the hippocampus, which causes retrograde amnesia, he would have had to be knocked out for a period of time. Upon awakening he would be compulsively vomiting and off balance. No way he could have walked far.

I tend to be extremely versed when it comes to head injuries as I'm a victim of a serious head injury myself.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I agree that amnesia seems unlikely. Not impossible, I suppose, and certainly one of the better options for his parents, but to me, not very realistic. I just can't believe he has not been found, if he is alive and not actually hiding. JMO

Are we sure that he didn't go down to the water before the crash?

Based on the scent trails, no. At least not in that area. The trail went from the vehicle to the water on the first trail. If he had gone to the water previous to the accident, he would have had to walk from behind the gate at the top of Main Ramp Rd. The scent trail did not go up there.

I don't buy amnesia. Haven't since the get go. Most people with amnesia get it after a severe head injury that causes a coma. When they awaken from the coma they then have amnesia. Memory loss is a possibility from a less serious injury but full blown retrograde amnesia is extremely rare.

Also if you look at the glasgow coma scale, in order for him to have had a major head injury that caused damage to the hippocampus, which causes retrograde amnesia, he would have had to be knocked out for a period of time. Upon awakening he would be compulsively vomiting and off balance. No way he could have walked far.

RSBM
He could also have sudden onset amnesia caused by extreme stress & mental trauma brought on by having crashed the vehicle & events from the previous 3 days / drug use. He could be suffering a psychotic breakdown where he is telling others he is someone else & sounding fairly rational, yet is not.

I remember the groom who went to his car leaving for his honeymoon & wasn't' seen for weeks. He suffered amnesia from extreme stress. I think his best friend was in a bad accident leaving his wedding reception.

Others here have given personal examples of their own children disappearing for months after taking ADHD meds as Bryce did & also having sudden onset of schizophrenia.

I think it is more likely than not that he has some kind of medical need. :twocents:

I agree that amnesia seems unlikely. Not impossible, I suppose, and certainly one of the better options for his parents, but to me, not very realistic. I just can't believe he has not been found, if he is alive and not actually hiding. JMO

I wonder if someone said they thought they saw a figure under the water would they SEARCH THE LAKE?

Im getting very frustrated with this case as they are only looking at one of many avenues. If my son, I would explore every option that could be a possibility. As I stated earlier LE should go door to door to the the ten local registered sex offenders residents near Castaic Lake per CA Megan's Law website. Search the lake and surroundings areas within maybe 5 miles off the road.

I don't believe he is walking around Oregon. He must be really good to always be one step ahead of LE and public without being seen. Wouldn't he have seen his own face on the posters? Looked at his reflection somewhere? How would he have gotten there in the first place? Sorry for being a negative Nancy I just don't think he's walking around with amnesia. What happened to S&R? TES could have been here weeks ago and maybe already wrapped this case up and found Bryce to bring closure to the family. Why is the family putting all their eggs in one basket. I just don't get it.

Why no DNA results yet on blood, fiber, fingerprints on vehicle? Laptop HD results? This is ridiculous. Something does not jive here.

For me, there are basically three possible scenarios; Bryce not having made it out of the area alive, Bryce having made a plan and gone into hiding, and Bryce having amnesia/confusion and not knowing who he is, and the third seems the least likely, IMO, and yet seems to be the option the family is focusing all of their efforts on. JMO

It is fine to say he may need medical attention...but if he is not showing any physical signs of injury, which by this point, he probably would not be...just not sure how helpful it is. I would think any small head wound would be healed in five weeks. I guess they have t try everything.

I agree... unless they KNOW there is something specific that would be obvious to an outside observer, I have a hard time with this addition.

I'm not criticizing the family. I understand, do everything you possibly can. I just know my gut reaction to this was not good, more like "this is a joke," and it worries me that if I feel that way, as invested in this case as I've been, that it will not be taken seriously at all by others. I hope I'm wrong. I don't want people to stop looking because of a possible judgement error on a flyer.

How do we know that LE didn't search the lake well??? Weren't they there multiple days?? One or two pictures of them searching doesn't mean it was one diver and/or one boat and only one area. I think they spent days searching the lake and to no avail. They were convinced he wasn't in the lake. The dogs followed his scent out of the park.

It was hot, it wouldn't have taken too long for a body to decompose in the lake and rise to the top. It's a manmade lake, sure there might be debris in the bottom, but it also means it's not near as much as a natural lake would have, being there over millions of years.

I know sometimes the dogs are wrong. In Dylan Redwine's case, dogs alerted several places around Lake Vallecito and he was nowhere nearn there, his remains were found miles away up in the mountains. And I know not all bodies float to the top, some do get caught in sticks and twigs and falling trees, but once again, Lake Castaic is a manmade lake, how many fallen trees are in it?

I also know sometimes (well many) that LE is wrong, once they've cleared an area, only for someone to find the body later. However, many times they've been right, when there was no indication someone was in the water, and the dogs supported that indication that they had left the immediate area.

I think there is still all kinds of other things that could have happened to him. As long as a body isn't found, there is hope. IMO, JMO, MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfran