CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC it was his first trip driving to LN. It can get dark around there as I've driven back and forth from OC to Pleasanton quite a few times. Mom said LN address was the only one stored on his GPS. Since being Bryce's first time around the lake he didn't know what the heck he was doing. Parents said they weren't camping, lake outdoorsy type people.

Thanks for trying to explain the truck situation but my brain is mush right now after trying to visualize everyone's comments on the location. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

True but the moon lights it up there pretty bright and remember he did spend a couple of hours there as well. So we know he could scope everything out. The link posted above with the video I can't recall where that building is if it's upper lake or lower lake for the camera? The building has all the sheriff stuff on it so maybe wondering around if it's that the lower lake he saw that and freaked out? Just seeing the LE sign? I dunno just spit balling here

The big brother system as we call it. They are controlled at the command post at the lake and have the ability to zoom in on your cup. I don't recall if they are on 24 hrs a day but they are powered by solar panels from what I can tell on the lake itself.

I watched the video from beginning to end, telling all about the new equipment and cameras around the lake. And the only thing that I remember the LE saying they used were the two cameras that snapped shots of the license plate of Bryce's SUV going by that camera twice. Once around 2am and again around 4:30 (more or less), going the same direction both times.

What I'm wondering is why they didn't mention catching anything on any of the cameras that are focused on the lake itself? On the video, Sheriff Smith said that the cameras (which run on solar power) cover approximately 95% of the lake front itself.

With that in mind, I'm thinking they would certainly have caught something on camera if he stepped anywhere near the lake front, as has been said by the LE who claimed that the dogs sniffed his scent all the way up to the lake.

Continuing, they also referred to cameras that are already in place under the water, that can be used to see a good portion of the lake (from monitors inside), and by remote. At first I assumed that all of this equipment came after this BL case, but it was dated, August 29, 2013. The day before he went missing. Curious.

Just thinking out loud . . . .

I watched the video from beginning to end, telling all about the new equipment and cameras around the lake. And the only thing that I remember the LE saying they used were the two cameras that snapped shots of the license plate of Bryce's SUV going by that camera twice. Once around 2am and again around 4:30 (more or less), going the same direction both times.

What I'm wondering is why they didn't mention catching anything on any of the cameras that are focused on the lake itself? On the video, Sheriff Smith said that the cameras (which run on solar power) cover approximately 95% of the lake front itself.

With that in mind, I'm thinking they would certainly have caught something on camera if he stepped anywhere near the lake front, as has been said by the LE who claimed that the dogs sniffed his scent all the way up to the lake.

Continuing, they also referred to cameras that are already in place under the water, that can be used to see a good portion of the lake (from monitors inside), and by remote. At first I assumed that all of this equipment came after this BL case, but it was dated, August 29, 2013. The day before he went missing. Curious.

Could this be why LE thinks he left the area then? Though they did search the lake...I dunno.... :banghead:

The dog scent tracked him to the lower lake. The system is on the upper lake so there probably wasn't anything on there.

The dog scent tracked him to the lower lake. The system is on the upper lake so there probably wasn't anything on there.

Okay, I didn't realize the two locations (upper and lower lake) were separate and not all on the same new system. Thanks for clearing that up for me! :eek:

Okay, I didn't realize the two locations (upper and lower lake) were separate and not all on the same new system. Thanks for clearing that up for me! :eek:

Yeah the lower lake is below the dam and it's just like a giant lagoon. The upper lake has 32 miles of shoreline it's pretty large so that's where the cameras are. They don't allow drinking up there or speeding so they use the system to monitor illegal activity during the day or if there is an accident or something. But I will say they don't really hassle anyone if you are being chill. We bring alcohol up there but they don't hassle us they know us and know we don't cause any issue for them so they turn the other way. It's the people who go up there and act crazy and become a pain that they target and trust me I've seen plenty of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne