CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible but highly doubtful. If you would stand up there next to the cell tower you would see it's pretty steep.

I'm still stuck on him underestimating the pitch of that bank and the ability of his vehicle to navigate down the enbankment. I keep on going back to his young age and possible lack of experience and maturity. I'm pretty convinced he was trying to find a way around those gates that early morning—come hell or high water.

JMO

I'm still stuck on him underestimating the pitch of that bank and the ability of his vehicle to navigate down the enbankment. I keep on going back to his young age and possible lack of experience and maturity. I'm pretty convinced he was trying to find a way around those gates that early morning—come hell or high water.

JMO

My niece had been in five fairly serious accidents by his age. I totally agree.

Knowing how the accident happened is important, of course. But I don't think we will learn enough without Bryce being able to say what actually happened. It will all be guesswork, albeit maybe more-educated guess work, if more details are learned.

For me, the minute-by-minute details of what was going on with Bryce from Tuesday or so, is more vital as far as figuring out his mindset. I know we are not supposed to talk much about drugs, but I think they figure greatly into whatever happened to separate him from his vehicle and ultimately vanish. Someone knows where he was really headed and why, IMO. Someone knows why he may have been having emotional or other issues, causing him to blow off classes and not keep to his holiday plans.

Also, I don't like bringing up the idea of suicidal thoughts, but we have seen many cases of suicide here at Ws with much less drama in the hours before the person disappeared, than what we have heard here. It can't be ruled out, IMO, by saying "Bryce would never...". We can never know what a person is thinking or how close they are to a breaking point.

JMO

BBM - Agreed - but that information has not been forthcoming. So we're stuck trying to figure out where the SUV landed; why tail-light debris was located on the lower road; if BL was at, in or near the hotel/motel, etc.

I know and fully acknowledge this family has been helpful with information but we're still handicapped by all the info we don't know and, to which, we probably won't be made privy. Frustrating! JMO

... I then found the original article of the accident stating 15' down in a ravine "near" Main Ramp Rd. (But then what is the debris down on Main Ramp Rd?)

IMO, the news reporter snagged a picture of debris in the road to embellish the story. I checked all 2003 Toyota Highlander rear lights, some large images as well throughout the web. I cannot find any resemblance whatsoever to the red plastic pieces in the road. The flat red pieces are nothing like the very curved rear light from a 2003 Highlander. Just completely and totally different. So the CBS shot may be of some other road debris? MOO, based on image research...:twocents:

From the above posts, I am now 90% convinced the car was found close to and just below the tower enclosure and not on the lower road.
I think this is important because it makes the scenario of turning in at that point to find a quiet place to rest or smoke much more compelling than the scenario of trying to drive from there down to the lake.
Sadly, it gives us no more information on what happened after the crash.

Same Pic

Approximately landed here instead on MR Rd

View attachment 37930

Now this makes sense.....Driving through the brush, finishing off with a 20' 80 degree fall and no air bags deployed...Made no sense at all. Getting stuck in soft dirt and rolling in on a 45+ degree slope makes a bit more sense. Those pics posted (road below) were very miss-leading...

I agree. If the tire marks, etc. were around the cell tower, I don't see any evidence it was his car that made them. Did someone take tire impressions or something? Look at how many people from this thread have gone to explore there, I don't doubt for a second that other folks four-wheeled there.

For me the key is how close to the water. I have always believed he's in the lake.

Neither of the locations were very close to the water. If he was injured and wandered to the lake it would have taken him awhile and I think he would have had to walk down along the road to do it. I am very interested now in what path the dogs indicated he took and where his scent originated.

So who do we petition (might not be the right word!) or convince to search the lake better? Remembering all of those cars found recently, I'll buy him being off somewhere when the lake is absolutely cleared.

See I don't buy an only child who's close to his parents just taking off. Worrying about embarrassment? Gee, this is a bit more embarrassing, just taking off for parts unknown and most likely costing them a ton of money in trying to find him.

IMO, the news reporter snagged a picture of debris in the road to embellish the story. I checked all 2003 Toyota Highlander rear lights, some large images as well throughout the web. I cannot find any resemblance whatsoever to the red plastic pieces in the road. The flat red pieces are nothing like the very curved rear light from a 2003 Highlander. Just completely and totally different. So the CBS shot may be of some other road debris? MOO, based on image research...:twocents:

Totally agree regarding random debris. To make it worse that image of debris is extremely zoomed in upon random red stuff. To my point IMO I even think a pieci of it is one of those transprent red disposable lighters. I cropped it out from that original image.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 44
So who do we petition (might not be the right word!) or convince to search the lake better? Remembering all of those cars found recently, I'll buy him being off somewhere when the lake is absolutely cleared.

See I don't buy an only child who's close to his parents just taking off. Worrying about embarrassment? Gee, this is a bit more embarrassing, just taking off for parts unknown and most likely costing them a ton of money in trying to find him.

The Ralston's have a good reputation and have found many loved ones where other searches missed them. They helped search in Natalee Holloway case and other high profile cases. They have great sonar equipment. I believe all they ask for is travel expenses from what I googled and on you tube as well. They have worked with TES.

Contact info:
http://gralston1.home.mindspring.com/

http://gralston1.home.mindspring.com/Sidescan.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I suggested the Ralstons earlier today and Whiteorchids says that she sent the family the information earlier. I think it's a good idea because I don't believe the lake has been thoroughly searched. JMO.

I suggested the Ralstons earlier today and Whiteorchids says that she sent the family the information earlier. I think it's a good idea because I don't believe the lake has been thoroughly searched. JMO.

How do we convince the Dragracerz, Laspisas to contact them? I don't think they believe he is in the lake so therefore not pursuing this. :(

How do we convince the Dragracerz, Laspisas to contact them? I don't think they believe he is in the lake so therefore not pursuing this. :(

I don't know, I'm just very uncomfortable with the length of time Bryce has been missing knowing he has a close relationship with his family. I just cannot believe he's voluntarily missing and if he's not been found with all of the searches that have been conducted I can't help thinking it may be time to start at the beginning again.

Sorry, but at this point, where do they think he is? jmo

I don't know, I'm just very uncomfortable with the length of time Bryce has been missing knowing he has a close relationship with his family. I just cannot believe he's voluntarily missing and if he's not been found with all of the searches that have been conducted I can't help thinking it may be time to start at the beginning again.

I agree. I felt so strongly in the beginning that he could have been missed in the Lake because of another missing college student case in Arizona, family from OC, CA but everyone on the thread thought I was wrong so I looked into other theories.

I agree. I felt so strongly in the beginning that he could have been missed in the Lake because of another missing college student case in Arizona, family from OC, CA but everyone on the thread thought I was wrong so I looked into other theories.

I'd love to be wrong in considering the possibility that Bryce is in that lake. I truly hope he is alive somewhere because I can only imagine the anguish his family is feeling.

I am afraid that "sightings" could be chased down endlessly, with no results.

Can't let others change your mind unless it's with something solid. If you are unpopular, I've got your back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3