CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that him and SD had made plans to move prior to BL heading down this way. As evidence would suggest that SD not 4 days after BL went missing was boasting about moving on Oct 9th. So I believe he was taking a trip down here to talk to his parents about that and wanted to talk about taking some time off school and heading up to Oregon. He breaks up with KS because he wasn't going to be local anymore. I know for some it's far fetched but step back for a moment and think about it. Also think about getting a trouble a year before for it and being in an area where you could legal smoke it and make money. I've heard of trimmers making up to 3k a week in Oregon.

I believe SD was moving into a new apartment, and Bryce was to move with him. There didn't seem to be any secrecy about it.

There were photos of this road showing where the car landed and broken glass and coloured perspex - red and orange I think.

I didn't see any glass and the orange on that road we've seen a 1000 times from road workers on the main launch road going in and out over the years. Orange markings on that road are nothing new.

I think that him and SD had made plans to move prior to BL heading down this way. As evidence would suggest that SD not 4 days after BL went missing was boasting about moving on Oct 9th. So I believe he was taking a trip down here to talk to his parents about that and wanted to talk about taking some time off school and heading up to Oregon. He breaks up with KS because he wasn't going to be local anymore. I know for some it's far fetched but step back for a moment and think about it. Also think about getting a trouble a year before for it and being in an area where you could legal smoke it and make money. I've heard of trimmers making up to 3k a week in Oregon.

Where did SD move too?

Ohh I see what you mean. So even though the only reason his parents found out he was even taking a road trip is christian you still think he was on his way to LN? After realizing he never told anyone he was coming home, I started thinking he was going somewhere else.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I can't really say on here where I think he is. But I think he was on his way to LN until the accident happened. The events of that trigged what happened next

Ohh I see what you mean. So even though the only reason his parents found out he was even taking a road trip is christian you still think he was on his way to LN? After realizing he never told anyone he was coming home, I started thinking he was going somewhere else.

I will explain

So you don't think necessarily the search will 100% rule out drugs? Never had a search done on me, no.

It certainly would have ruled out him lounging around in the SUV and having a smoke. Cops aren't stupid, you can smell that stuff a mile away and he would have shown signs of being affected by something. They said he was fine. Also he only purchased a drink from the servo, not ten bags of Mars bars. JMO

Why did they do that? Don't they have to have a reason? Was this after the last time he spoke to his family?

Th 8/29/13 9pm Buttonwillow near truck stop Wellness Check: Responding to a call from KL - CHP officers stop and search Bryce’s car spotted on Lagoon Drive in Buttonwillow. BL was found in good spirits. Parents had authorized a search for drugs and alcohol but CHP found none. KL told Radio personalities, John and Ken, that the police spent 20 minutes with her son. http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_24086325/search-continues-man-missing-trip-from-chico-orange

Rest of timeline at link [FONT=&quot]ꜜꜜꜜ[/FONT]

IIRC, BL's SUV was reportedly caught on video entering the Castaic Recreation Area, once at 2:07am and once at 4:20am, both on 8/30. No gates, that I am aware, were at that particular point where the camera was/is located. HTH

Best of my knowledge, this is the location of the camera

Camera at operations center 1.jpg
Camera at operations center 2.jpg
Camera at operations center 3.jpg

When dragz gets here he can do just that and the staff can do the same.
You have to request that a mod call and talk to you to verify you. It's easy. Another poster here to claimed to the mother of one of Bryce's friends left rather than get verified. She was hinting at drugs somehow being involved.

What is that building or facility in pic 3? Wonder if it was a state building if they had some more cameras that LE would have missed.

I didn't see any glass and the orange on that road we've seen a 1000 times from road workers on the main launch road going in and out over the years. Orange markings on that road are nothing new.

I said broken PERSPEX, not road markings. Perspex from broken indicator and brake lights!. The photos are in MSM, I've seen them.

ETA: trying to find the photos, may have been a news video in the day or so after the accident.

Well, did they look into his bag, laptop, under floor mats, seats - everywhere?
Addicts are amazingly adept at hiding their stash. (I'm not saying he is one, I don't know.)
Unless it was an extremely thorough search, whatever he had with him could have easily been missed.

Was his laptop found in his vehicle? Has that been searched for clues to his involvements? (Sorry, I'm a latecomer here.)

Respectfully suggest you read the timeline that Quester has put together and that will catch you up..

I said broken PERSPEX, not road markings. Perspex from broken indicator and brake lights!. The photos are in MSM, I've seen them.

I've been to the site I've taken pictures I didn't see the pictures you are talking about. Sorry misread what you wrote I the ought you were referring to the 2 pics that had the orange markings on the ground. I was referring to those markings.

The way I understand the rest stop / gas delivery is this:
Bryce called for gas at 9:00 am from Buttonwillow, it was delivered sometime after but we don't know exactly when. Around noon his mother received a text survey asking about the service call, and this was the first indication she had that Bryce was not in his apartment in Rocklin.

She most likely called him but he didn't answer, so she called the service company, talked to the delivery person (Christian) and got him to go back and check on Bryce around 12:30, which would have been 2-3 hours after Christian delivered the gas.

I remember reading that one of the 2 times Christian went to Bryce's car, Bryce was not IN the car, and "may have been sleeping" according to Christian.

Bryce's mother did not speak to Bryce until that evening, when after he still hadn't arrived, she called the police, and they found him on Lagoon Drive in Buttonwillow at 9:00 pm. They probably also told him to answer his mother's calls from now on! Which he seems to have done a couple of times.

I have no idea why he would have stopped the car in the Buttonwillow area other than running out of gas, but as for what he may have been doing there if he wasn't sleeping - could he have been playing video games on his laptop? Could he have found power to recharge the laptop at the rest stop? Would he have needed wifi? Maybe that's why he moved to the location near the motels?

I'm pretty sure my son could spend 9 hours playing a video game, losing track of time,and being irritated at any interruption like Mom's phone calls, gas delivery or police check. JMO

Hi everyone...I haven't been on here for at least a year..excuse any typo's from tablet

I think that Bryce being an online gamer Bryce may have stopped for that extra time at a wifi site,maybe in Buttonwillow..at a motel...is there anyway to find out if Bryce has been back playing online games?

Was his red eyes due to sleep or smoking?

The moon was at 40% bright that night....

With Bryce being a redhead does he stay well out of he sun?

When I was 19 (30 odd yrs ago) I left to go travelling to a place where the pot was flowing ...the two biggest fears I had at that age were ,my parents and the police....I can quite believe this new scenario of 'screw it' and run...

I can also believe in the fact of injury due to the car accident....so glad there are many caring brainstormers here....hoping for a happy outcome.

Sure how do I request that?
Send a PM, or there are links in certain forums to do that. It's been awhile since I've done it, so I don't remember exactly how. But your posts will carry more weight once you are verified as a local.

Th 8/29/13 9pm Buttonwillow near truck stop Wellness Check: Responding to a call from KL - CHP officers stop and search Bryce’s car spotted on Lagoon Drive in Buttonwillow. BL was found in good spirits. Parents had authorized a search for drugs and alcohol but CHP found none. KL told Radio personalities, John and Ken, that the police spent 20 minutes with her son. http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_24086325/search-continues-man-missing-trip-from-chico-orange

Rest of timeline at link [FONT=&quot]ꜜꜜꜜ[/FONT]

Thanks. In that case the search was probably thorough.
It's puzzling why B didn't call his mother after that. Is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member