CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would we be allowed to post an updated map on here for us to see and understand a little better?

Dragracerz made a comment not too long ago about the Oregon sighting(s)....something along the line of it being a small town/LE there being a little hard to deal with and him having some ideas about why (or something to that effect, if my memory is correct.) I can't find his original post. If someone knows what I am talking about and can post a link to the actual comment that would be awesome. TIA.

"Havent had much cooperation with LE in Port Orford or Curry County, or even the local business owners. It appears that their town is a "live and let live" kind of town and they take offense to Outsiders being there; or there is something more going on in that town (wont go into that)
There are a few homeless camps and a big drug problem there, population decreasing every year etc..............I will find out though, one way or the other."

@Amanda or Riverking
Since you guys have been involved in the SAR, is there an updated map of Castaic and surrounding areas that have been thoroughly searched and cleared? Water and land..

I personally haven't seen one. I do know that some if it seemed unorganized from the volunteers I think there was a lot of confusion I know that the lake was searched the trailed around the dam were search up by the little rc plane track was searched down Elizabeth canyon was searched down by gov cove and the old picnic areas were searched as well and some of the fire roads

I am watching an episode of "Disappeared" at the moment and in the intro it just said this:

"When a person disappears without a trace, often the most crucial information is hidden in their actions and words in the days before they vanished"

I couldn't agree more!!!

A couple of updated visual maps. This scenario at the antenna site is very believable. Looking for a place to rest. Both ramp access roads closed. Up and down the road a couple of times, looking....Voila...Opening to antenna enclosure, nice quiet place to relax a bit. Great view, slightly obscured from the road. A lot of interesting options in every direction from the antenna site. Via road the boat ramp/dam area about one mile. Freeway is 2.5 miles.

Attachments

• Antenna tower.pdf
    435.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Castaic area 10-09.pdf
    446 KB · Views: 86
I wonder if the dogs were taken down to the crash site, to see if he exited the SUV after the crash?
If not, they would not know if he was in the SUV when it went down.

A couple of updated visual maps. This scenario at the antenna site is very believable. Looking for a place to rest. Both ramp access roads closed. Up and down the road a couple of times, looking....Voila...Opening to antenna enclosure, nice quiet place to relax a bit. Great view, slightly obscured from the road. A lot of interesting options in every direction from the antenna site. Via road the boat ramp/dam area about one mile. Freeway is 2.5 miles.

Man I wonder when they took those pics. I've never seen it green like that. It's all brown and dried out with dirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverking21 View Post
The dog scent tracked him to the lower lake. The system is on the upper lake so there probably wasn't anything on there.

Sorry, I'm new here and don't really know how to use all the site features. I don't know how to quote earlier posts like others do. RK recently posted that the dogs tracked him to the LOWER LAKE (the lagoon?), but an earlier post said he was tracked down the road to the upper lake in the opposite direction (Government Cove Road?), as well as to the dam.
These areas are not close together, and the depth and shorelines of the two lakes are very different. It would be great to see the tracked area on an overhead map like the one showing the crash scene above.
Welcome to Websleuths, quesarita!

It is 100% certain Bryce's vehicle went "down" from behind the cell tower. The questions / discrepancies from yesterday were solely around where the vehicle came to rest.

Not sure if you were clear on that or not from your post, but just wanted to make sure there's no confusion added to the confusion of yesterday. :)

Man I wonder when they took those pics. I've never seen it green like that. It's all brown and dried out with dirt.
Thanks, Riverking, for sticking with us even after we stepped on your toes a little there. I think your perspective is important here. And, you can't unring a bell.

Where would you be going if you continued east on Lake Hughes Road? Edwards AFB? Lancaster? What I mean to ask is, where would a local person be going? Is that way a back way to somewhere else? Thanks!

Thanks, Riverking, for sticking with us even after we stepped on your toes a little there. I think your perspective is important here. And, you can't unring a bell.

Where would you be going if you continued east on Lake Hughes Road? Edwards AFB? Lancaster? What I mean to ask is, where would a local person be going? Is that way a back way to somewhere else? Thanks!

Lake hughes is about 22 miles up the road.

Lake hughes is about 22 miles up the road.

Or Lake Elizabeth, which is right by Hughes Lake & much bigger, but not as big as Castaic.

Also, all those Canyon Rds have long been travelled by teens, partiers & those out for a drive. They go to several points throughout Santa Clarita Valley & to Lancaster/Palmdale. San Francisquito Cyn, Bouquet Cyn, Plum Cyn, etc, etc. They spider all through the mountains between I-5 & the 14 in every direction.

I have thick skin it's all good! All of the above. It would lead you to all of those listed. If you can imagine lake Hughes road can get you over to the 14 as well just by making a couple of right hand turns once you hit Lake Elizabeth. I just think the actual accident is significant because it would change the dynamic of any injury sustained. That's why I wanted to point it out

I just think the actual accident is significant because it would change the dynamic of any injury sustained. That's why I wanted to point it out

I agree. The window of time between the crash and his disappearance is quite small - 60-90 minutes from when his car was seen entering the area and when the car was spotted. To get completely out of the area or even into the lake would take some determined walking and/or swimming. It's obviously possible but I can't see someone injured and stumbling that quickly.

I just had a conversation with my new roommate this am about following this thread. He told me that he cut all ties to his family and disappeared for over 10 years. He said he even go pulled over for traffic violations a couple times during that 10 years and it never came up that he was in the missing persons data base. His family did try numerous times to find him but never did. He is in contact with his brother and everyone knows he is ok and where he is at. He also said he never changed his name. He did live off grid most of that time also, but had a few real jobs.

Now that we know that the accident site has changed, is it possible the some of the tracks the dogs picked up could have been from before the accident?

Could he have parked at the cell tower and took a walk. Then got back into his car to get something outside of the park, then come back thinking he could park there again and crashed instead?

I know his scents were picked up here but was the opposite side of Lake Hughes rd. searched? Say going twords wasteside? Or the paintball park?

Now that we know that the accident site has changed, is it possible the some of the tracks the dogs picked up could have been from before the accident?

Could he have parked at the cell tower and took a walk. Then got back into his car to get something outside of the park, then come back thinking he could park there again and crashed instead?

I know his scents were picked up here but was the opposite side of Lake Hughes rd. searched? Say going twords wasteside? Or the paintball park?

I was told that some of the volunteers did search towards wayside and in the wash towards that side and road several trails. Key thing to point out that if there was a decaying body there it would show some type of animal movement vultures and none of that is present at all.

I was told that some of the volunteers did search towards wayside and in the wash towards that side and road several trails. Key thing to point out that if there was a decaying body there it would show some type of animal movement vultures and none of that is present at all.

I agree. Animal activity usually always gives the location of a dead body away.

The vehicle was found ON MAIN RAMP ROAD, about 80% of it was in the right lane if traveling north

I will post a map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member