CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to ask because I'm probably the only one who doesn't know, but where is the dam compared to the car? How far away?

I'm trying to wrap my head around this too...was the car found around where I dropped the pin and the dam is where it says Castaic Dam?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 83
I hate to ask because I'm probably the only one who doesn't know, but where is the dam compared to the car? How far away?

Look at the arial pic in my post above. The dam goes from about center to 10:00. The cement road/wall bordering the lake.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this too...was the car found around where I dropped the pin and the dam is where it says Castaic Dam?

The point of your pin is where Bryce went over the hill. The top of the pin bubble is where he crashed down 15+ feet to Main Ramp Rd below.

The dam is the up and down vertical cement wall perpendicular to the right of the boat launch ramp.

Here is a picture of the whole area

Red-where BL scent ended
Blue-the dam they tracked him across
Orange-where the car ended up
Green-cell tower. Where the car started

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 105
Here is a picture of the whole area

Red-where BL scent ended
Blue-the dam they tracked him across
Orange-where the car ended up
Green-cell tower. Where the car started

This is awesome!

Is there any way that you can draw on this photo the route that the dog followed his scent?

This is awesome!

Is there any way that you can draw on this photo the route that the dog followed his scent?

I would love to but I have no idea which way they tracked him. There would be quite a few ways to get between point A and point B

Is it possible that the track ended because he turned around to find cover? Or would a blood hound pick that up?

I would love to but I have no idea which way they tracked him. There would be quite a few ways to get between point A and point B

ok, thanks. I thought I was the only one who wasn't clear on exactly what route his scent was tracked.

Is the green circle where the car was? Does not look far from the orange, if so.

I'm rehashing old info here but this makes no sense and contradicts what a poster told me (that a park worker reported the vehicle).

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Bryce-Laspisa-Missing-Person-Castaic-Lake-222226581.html (from Sept. 3)

"His 2008 Toyota Highlander was found by a caller who reported the vehicle to the California Highway Patrol about three hours later."

Was it determined the caller is a Park Ranger/worker?
Why would he wait three hours to report the vehicle? And why hide the fact that someone who worked in the park discovered the vehicle as that makes perfect sense if true. Why say "the caller"? A secret?
The report states the vehicle was found at 5:30 a.m.
Is that when the caller saw it or when he reported it?
So he may have seen the Toyota at 2:30ish but didn't call until 5:30 a.m.?

Highway Patrol was notified at what time, do we know? 5:30 or 8:30ish a.m. on Friday, August 30, 2013. ???

BL's mom spoke to him last at about 2:00 a.m. Friday morning and he was possible gone within a half hour after that?
He wasn't in Buttonwillow then when they spoke since Castaic is 90 miles south of there.
If the car turned over at 5 a.m., that's still a very small window from the last time he spoke to his mom.

I'm rehashing old info here but this makes no sense and contradicts what a poster told me (that a park worker reported the vehicle).

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Bryce-Laspisa-Missing-Person-Castaic-Lake-222226581.html (from Sept. 3)

"His 2008 Toyota Highlander was found by a caller who reported the vehicle to the California Highway Patrol about three hours later."

Why would he wait three hours to report the vehicle? And why hide the fact that someone who worked in the park discovered the vehicle as that makes perfect sense if true. Why say "the caller"? A secret?

Highway Patrol was notified at what time, do we know? 5:30 or 8:30ish a.m. on Friday, August 30, 2013. ???

BL's mom spoke to him last at about 2:00 a.m. Friday morning and he was possible gone within a half hour after that?
He wasn't in Buttonwillow then when they spoke since Castaic is 90 miles south of there.
If the car turned over at 5 a.m., that's still a very small window from the last time he spoke to his mom.

How do we know the time of the wreck?

Is the green circle where the car was? Does not look far from the orange, if so.

It's all relative. The green is around the cell tower and the orange would be around where the car ended up. It zoomed out a lot, so that I could fit in the dam, and where his scent ended. I guess I should have used dots. Lol

Is all relative. The green is around the cell tower and the orange would be around where the car ended up. It zoomed out a lot, so that I could fit in the dam, and where his scent ended. I guess I should have used dots. Lol

Thanks...it just looks like a small distance compared to the overall map.

Not possible. They have the car on video entering the park around 4:20am.

Looks like it but your picture is angled differently so makes it a little confusing (for stupid map person me).

Another thing I wanted to mention was that this doesn't look like a place someone would hide to sleep. During the day I thought possibly but I waited till it got dark to be sure. What I think happened was that he was looking for a place to sleep and started to go up that road. It's a very narrow 2 lane road, lake Hughes rd then realized there was no where good to park. At night that turn off looks like nothing honestly. You can't even tell that it's a road. He has a big car and uturning wasn't possible so he could easily have gone in there to turn around the tower and his car couldn't make it around the gate.

By the way there is no opening in the gate. Even if the gates were open there's no way a car could get in there.
AmandaFast, thank you!

Is there any chance the car was pushed off the slope behind antennae area?

Could car have been intentionally ditched, & Bryce was picked up by the person, connection or ride he'd been waiting for in Buttonwillow?

This may explain one of the original pleas from the parents saying that Bryce might be "embarrassed"...embarrassed about wrecking car.

"He may be confused, troubled, or even embarrassed," they said on Facebook.

Blood on interior car could be from another situation?

Not possible. They have the car on video entering the park around 4:20am.

Also at 2:30am as seen in the video cam.

That lake is bigger than I thought. Did they search around the entire lake including shoreline?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://www.castaiclake.com/map_streets.html

I'm fading and have to sign out now.
I notice there's a Reservoir Dam near the bottom of Upper Lake (is that the correct way to describe it?) and another dam called Elderberry Dam at the end of the ski arm (versus fish arm) of the Upper Lake. The ski arm juts to the left.
The dam the dogs tracked must be the Reservoir Dam, is this correct?

I'm wondering if BL tried to use a restroom - looks as if they're located around the area of Lower Lake.

Nite - hoping tomorrow will bring good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member