CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Bryce ever even camped, though. This guy was an experienced hunter, with equipment and a rifle.

You don't think that being by fresh water and picnic scraps as well as very few wild animals make it more likely Bryce could live out there long term?

This may have come out sounding snarky but I promise you its not. A genuine question. I've never even camped so maybe I'm not seeing it the way I should. Please enlighten me if this isn't as simple as it sounds!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

:eek:hwow: I didn't share my :abduction: theory?? haha JK. thank you for the giggle Voice :silly: as sad as this thread has gotten me at times, i have appreciated the occasional laughs and met some terrific people. much respect to you long time sleuthers! i'm afraid its doubtful i'll ever be issued my laminated :websleuther: card :p

Peace & Love

What?? Don't leave us! You're great at this. I enjoy your posts they always show so much personality. You'd be a great long term sleuther!

I know some posters have expressed the idea that Bryce went up by that tower to rest, but I just cannot personally fathom that being the case, JMO.

My reasoning is only my recent personal experience of being in a park like this at night. This was before reading about this case.

I was in a park at night that would seem comparable to this one for the most part, by myself, and decided to pull off into one of the shelter drives and tried to chill listening to the radio.

Call me a scaredycat, but my spidey sense was on high alert because of the darkness and inability to see around and I quickly left -- no chilling to be had there.

One poster here even mentioned that at night her husband thought he was in a horror movie.

There was a reason other than that he was up there, even if that reason was confusion or distraction.

What are the surrounding areas like outside of the lake/park area? Like close to the highways. Are there wooded areas at all or is it pretty flat and open?

The only other possible scenario that hasn't been talked about too much is that he was possibly picked up by someone who harmed him in some way. There are crazy people out there. I truly believe this is what happened to Maura Murray, but females are easier to take advantage of then men in most cases, IMO.

You don't think that being by fresh water and picnic scraps as well as very few wild animals make it more likely Bryce could live out there long term?

This may have come out sounding snarky but I promise you its not. A genuine question. I've never even camped so maybe I'm not seeing it the way I should. Please enlighten me if this isn't as simple as it sounds!

Honestly, you would be surprised how much hunters and camping enthusiasts know about weird stuff/techniques that city boys like me have no clue about.

I have country based family and they always surprise me with the way they solve problems and do things. No snark intended

:eek:hwow: I didn't share my :abduction: theory?? haha JK. thank you for the giggle Voice :silly: as sad as this thread has gotten me at times, i have appreciated the occasional laughs and met some terrific people. much respect to you long time sleuthers! i'm afraid its doubtful i'll ever be issued my laminated :websleuther: card :p

Peace & Love

You have well earned your official, laminated sleuth badge - wear it proudly! :giggle:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Official Sleuth Card_ShannonS.jpg
    Official Sleuth Card_ShannonS.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 149
Lauren S.'s "friends" including her longtime BF won't even talk to police about what happened to her, more than two years later. People are mostly out for themselves, IMO. Better chance of getting info from strangers sometimes, IMO.

Who is Lauren S., Clu?

I think the first 30 days that was a critical stance but not so sure now. Volunteers are very minimal at this point. I couldn't find 2 other people to go to BW, a month ago I could have filled buses. Something needs to change IMO.

All I can think of is what I have already suggested:
1. Take weekend road trips up and down the 5 and 101 and paper very truck stop and rest stop possible, with flyers.
2. Take weekend trips to towns where there have been sightings. Visit homeless shelters and encampments in those areas and hand out flyers. I will add, track down the people who reported sightings and try to determine if those were viable sightings. I will also add, maybe visit bars, hospitals and colleges in the areas where there have been sightings, talk to people and hand out flyers.
3. Use social media. They are using Facebook to good effect. I suggest using twitter and making a YouTube video. I said I'd be happy to make a video, with permission. The more the public knows about who Bryce is, the more relatable he becomes, the more real and public interest grows.
4. Publicity. Annie Le's case didn't lack for volunteers or interest even months later. That's because her siblings kept pushing and pushing and keeping her case in the media. I think the family have done a good job with the vigil and the thank you lunch. I would like to see more interviews by the parents and friends. Videos showing how those who love Bryce feel.
Publicity is imperative, IMO, to keep volunteers from fading and to keep the news about Bryce spreading.

OK so you guys are not going to make fun of me for this!

I recently lost my cat and did tons of research on how to find him. Apparently they go into survival mode and forget everything until they go under 10% of there original body weight.

Anyway a lot of people said that they return to last place they were before they went into survival mode at night to look for food.

So I rigged up cameras all over my balcony and what do you know? Every night he was lurking onto the balcony looking for food without anyone knowing.

I know they say humans can go into survival mode, I wonder if it would be worth looking into if castaic will either daily check cameras or allow us to rig a similar system (mine has night vision) and see if after the injury he went into a similar survival mode. He's by so much fresh water that he certainly could survive out there off water and scraps from the picnic areas.

I know this sounds completely bizarre but I figured I'd put it out there and face the side eyes.

Poor baby! Did you get him to come back in?

I'm a lurker coming out of hiding ...

I've been reading for several days, although I didn't read the early threads so forgive me if this has been stated already.

There's been some discussion about his keys being taken away, by whom and that his mother told them to give them back. There's been a LOT of discussion about his mental status at that point.

I find it very odd that a girlfriend and/or roommate would take away someones keys unless they were threatening to harm themselves or someone else or if they were under the influence. I think the fact that he called his mother (I assume that's how she found out about them having his keys???) and she told them to give them back, tells a lot about his mental status. As a mother, albeit to an 18 month old son, I can see how your instincts to protect your child would kick in. If she knew something wasn't right and the fact that they took his keys was causing more stress to him (therefor possibly making him more "unstable" for lack of a better description), it's possible that she told them to give the keys back to reduce his "panic" (again for lack of a better word). She may have felt he would go back to his apartment and settle down and they could have a conversation. She offered to fly up there ... to me that's a mom that's worried about her child.

What's disturbing to me is the timeline ... if he had called and was freaking out about his keys being taken away, why was there no conversation between mom and son in the time he was driving (and yes, I know she was attempting to contact him, but from what I've gathered that wasn't until Thursday when she received the survey from AAA and realized he wasn't at school). If you were worried enough that you were offering to fly up there, why weren't they in contact on Wednesday? Or were they and I've just missed all that.

As to what happened to him ... I go back and forth on a lot of theories and a lot of that depends on the days leading up to it.

I fully respect the families privacy and a lot of this is none of our business. The fact is he's still out there, somewhere. However, knowing his "state of mind" might help determine where he's at.

I hope they find him soon. That family needs to know where their son is.

Great first post. If I wasnt on my phone I would give you a more colorful WELCOME!!!!!

Yes that's true. I just thought I would throw it out here anyway.

It's a good thought, White, from a good heart. I will take the hope.

I would think depending on his own survival instinct ,if they were to kick in ,his starvation levels would be on high alert.....see food eat it....from anywhere....rubbish bins,leftovers,back alleys to food stores,restaurants ...
Maybe with a head trauma his subconscious memories might stir up and become forefront from ...books he had read to films he had watched with any survival skills in them........our memories are vast and deep rooted and can kick in at any time.........especially when in fight/flight/survival mode.

I was Google mapping in Castaic rec park/marina area and there are hundreds of upturned boats....he could be staying under one!

snipped for brevity
4. Publicity. Annie Le's case didn't lack for volunteers or interest even months later. That's because her siblings kept pushing and pushing and keeping her case in the media. I think the family have done a good job with the vigil and the thank you lunch. I would like to see more interviews by the parents and friends. Videos showing how those who love Bryce feel.
Publicity is imperative, IMO, to keep volunteers from fading and to keep the news about Bryce spreading.

I believe you mean the other Le--Michelle Le, whose body was found something like 4 months after her disappearance. I, too, was very impressed by her brother and cousin's ability to keep the media and public involved.

I would think depending on his own survival instinct ,if they were to kick in ,his starvation levels would be on high alert.....see food eat it....from anywhere....rubbish bins,leftovers,back alleys to food stores,restaurants ...
Maybe with a head trauma his subconscious memories might stir up and become forefront from ...books he had read to films he had watched with any survival skills in them........our memories are vast and deep rooted and can kick in at any time.........especially when in fight/flight/survival mode.

I was Google mapping in Castaic rec park/marina area and there are hundreds of upturned boats....he could be staying under one!

Although it is plausible and logical, what would the end game be for him 40-some days into this?

Please give me the details on where you see these boats. I never saw any boats overturned. These need to be checked.

as far as phone records...so to the mom, it may appear nothing it relevant, but they haven't been released right?

as far as phone records...so to the mom, it may appear nothing it relevant, but they haven't been released right?

I don't think phone records ever get released to the public in any case. But I could be wrong.

Please give me the details on where you see these boats. I never saw any boats overturned. These need to be checked.

Yes they do definitely need to be checked!

Are they all basically small fishing boats, or are there any larger boats that have cabins? Boats with cabins could definitely be a good spot for shelter, and probably food as well.

They might be talking about the rental boats but theres not hundreds of them.

or it could have been an old google image and the boats are no longer there?

Between the old road and castaic road ....
'At The Helm Marine'
'All Locked Up Self Storage'

looks like a lot of boats there also in other places

I took some screen shots but really dont know how to upload etc.....but willing to learn

Lakeside Boat and Marina

Lake CastaicMarina @violins canyon rd.

Castaic Lake self storage next to Days Inn Six Flags Magic Mountain

Lots of boats...covered some small some large with cabins I would imagine.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rowan1978