CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely believe he wrecked the vehicle.
If a "bad guy" did it, it probably would have been stripped. Why would anyone simply wreck the car, "take" Bryce but nothing else? Anyone who would be down there looking for trouble would grab a laptop, phone, wheels or rims, salable items IMO.

Yeah, it does seem to imply Bryce wrecked his own vehicle with the stuff in it.

But here is another possiblity that I am sure was mentioned before.
What if he met someone in town who did him harm before that last drive to the lake. If a transient killed him in a fight or something and just wanted to get rid of evidence, he may have dumped Bryce anywhere along some road, and then went back to the lake just to dump the vehicle. He may have known the vehicle would be found right away by LE, so he made it look like a wreck. He could have hid the body much easier somewhere else before dumping the truck. He may not have wanted to keep bryce with the truck because of how he killed him would have been analyzed and he may have known they would realize he didnt die from the car wreck.

But I think I agree with you that IMO, I think it may have just been Bryce himself during the wreck. The main reason is the blood found in truck was identified to be his. I do think the blood was probably from glass or something during the wreck.

Woe I see your evidence and appreciate it but I dunno. I still don't know that we know he was going home. In a few articles it states that his mom had no clue he was on his way home until the gas texted her a survey about the assistance. She called him once she got that text and he didn't answer.

She was extremely worried so she called Christian and asked him to go check on him. He said he was sleeping. Hours go by and still no call from him so she calls the police now to check on him. They find him at a different location near a motel and do a wellness check and tell him to call his mom. He calls his mom and tells her he's on the way home and was tired.

This whole thing screams to me that he didn't want his mom knowing what he was doing or where he was going. He tells her he's going home to make her happy and calm her down.

However the truth of the matter is that the 5 freeway was his way to pretty much go anywhere from his school. He could have pretty much gone anywhere from the 5 including out of state.

I think if you look at the facts (this is at everyone now not Woe) that you will see that its very unlikely foul play or him going home. If he was really going home he would be calling his mom and telling her he's on he way and communicating with her. His parents did say that he would never run off and not call. Well if he was never the type to make his parents worry then why did he go hours and hours without answering a phone call from his mom and only calling her when the police tell him to?

He only called her that he was getting off in Castaic because he knew she would call the police again and ping him. He was buying time in Castaic to get a new ride and get out of there. He pulls off the road for 2 hours waiting for his ride to come and when they are just about to get there he starts looking for a place to dump the car.

He dumps the car and then walks to the area near the 7/11 where his ride is waiting for him and he takes off.

JMO, MOO

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

So he dumps his truck, but leaves the stuff he bothered to take in the first place? That is where you lose me. Unless he intended to make his parents even more frantic. Leaving the stuff behind is more ominous to me.

So he dumps his truck, but leaves the stuff he bothered to take in the first place? That is where you lose me. Unless he intended to make his parents even more frantic. Leaving the stuff behind is more ominous to me.

I gave evidence of this earlier on but basically I read in multiple missing persons cases that most people who start over don't bring things with them from there past. They literally start over. Also if anything was missing it would make it obvious that he ran off. I think he was trying to dump the car in the lake and that failed and he ran off and was hoping they'd think he was dead. Plenty of people stage these kinds off accidents and stage there own deaths.

By the way I don't think that was his plan when he left the school. I think that became the plan after his mom pinged him.

I think he figured no one would think anything until Monday or so. It was labor day weekend and he broke up with his girlfriend so she wouldn't know where he was either. As far as everyone knew he went to his parents house and his parents have no reason to believe he ever left school.

He could have been planning to keep the car until she was able to track him. He probably wasn't sure if she tracked his phone or they had LoJack on his car.

JMO

I gave evidence of this earlier on but basically I read in multiple missing persons cases that most people who start over don't bring things with them from there past. They literally start over. Also if anything was missing it would make it obvious that he ran off. I think he was trying to dump the car in the lake and that failed and he ran off and was hoping they'd think he was dead. Plenty of people stage these kinds off accidents and stage there own deaths.

That was what I asked earlier...would he really want his parents to think he was dead? What could have been so horrible to put them through that? Maybe we will never know.

That was what I asked earlier...would he really want his parents to think he was dead? What could have been so horrible to put them through that? Maybe we will never know.

I think I sort of answer this with the post I sent at the same time as you lol! I thought of that after I sent the first one.

Woe I see your evidence and appreciate it but I dunno. I still don't know that we know he was going home. In a few articles it states that his mom had no clue he was on his way home until the gas texted her a survey about the assistance. She called him once she got that text and he didn't answer.

She was extremely worried so she called Christian and asked him to go check on him. He said he was sleeping. Hours go by and still no call from him so she calls the police now to check on him. They find him at a different location near a motel and do a wellness check and tell him to call his mom. He calls his mom and tells her he's on the way home and was tired.

This whole thing screams to me that he didn't want his mom knowing what he was doing or where he was going. He tells her he's going home to make her happy and calm her down.

However the truth of the matter is that the 5 freeway was his way to pretty much go anywhere from his school. He could have pretty much gone anywhere from the 5 including out of state.

I think if you look at the facts (this is at everyone now not Woe) that you will see that its very unlikely foul play or him going home. If he was really going home he would be calling his mom and telling her he's on he way and communicating with her. His parents did say that he would never run off and not call. Well if he was never the type to make his parents worry then why did he go hours and hours without answering a phone call from his mom and only calling her when the police tell him to?

He only called her that he was getting off in Castaic because he knew she would call the police again and ping him. He was buying time in Castaic to get a new ride and get out of there. He pulls off the road for 2 hours waiting for his ride to come and when they are just about to get there he starts looking for a place to dump the car.

He dumps the car and then walks to the area near the 7/11 where his ride is waiting for him and he takes off.

JMO, MOO

JMO
The first part about avoiding his mom is pretty obvious. He was definitely doing something in that town and didnt seem to want to call home or keep his mom informed. But the bolded part.....I have some problems with that.....
Do you really think he would have purposely wrecked the vehicle instead of just leaving it somewhere if he was going to get a ride with someone else.
I mean, why destroy a perfectly good vehicle and make his parents even more updset. That doesnt make much sense to me. And the blood indicates he was in the car, so I dont think he would purposely risk injury or death.

We know he most likely was exhausted and tired by those early morning hours. I think he just really had a normal wreck due to being tired. He even claimed he was tired on the phone and seemed to have trouble finding a place where he wouldnt get hassled.

That 7/11 was way too far of a walk IMO if that is where he was to meet someone. IMO, he would not have left the vehicle so far away. If we believe the dog tracks, he had to walk an awful long ways out of the area.

JMO of course

It is all getting a little too far-fetched for me, I guess. I understand the need and desire to hope he is okay somewhere and of course I do as well, but I just don't really believe he is. I think he had an awful few days, culminating in a rollover wreck and either stumbled into the lake or maybe injured, laid down someplace where he has yet to be found. Hope I am wrong.

If BL didn't wreck his own car then how were the dogs able to get his scent at the scene of the accident?

Maybe he was with someone. Remember the dogs hit at a lake looking for Dylan Redwine and he was found in the mountains. I feel there are parts we are missing or not aware of. I do believe he met with foul play. I don't believe he is living off the grid.

JMO
The first part about avoiding his mom is pretty obvious. He was definitely doing something in that town and didnt seem to want to call home or keep his mom informed. But the bolded part.....I have some problems with that.....
Do you really think he would have purposely wrecked the vehicle instead of just leaving it somewhere if he was going to get a ride with someone else.
I mean, why destroy a perfectly good vehicle and make his parents even more updset. That doesnt make much sense to me. And the blood indicates he was in the car, so I dont think he would purposely risk injury or death.

We know he most likely was exhausted and tired by those early morning hours. I think he just really had a normal wreck due to being tired. He even claimed he was tired on the phone and seemed to have trouble finding a place where he wouldnt get hassled.

That 7/11 was way too far of a walk IMO if that is where he was to meet someone. IMO, he would not have left the vehicle so far away. If we believe the dog tracks, he had to walk an awful long ways out of the area.

JMO of course

When I went to the area and followed his path I walked to the 7/11 and it's only about a 40 minute walk and I walk slow as hell lol. If he leaves his car in once piece then they know he ran off. I don't think he wanted anyone to know he was running off.

I also don't think that was the plan. The plan was to spend the weekend away and then check in until his mom tracked him. I think he was tired and coming down off Adderall and made a rash decision. I think if it weren't for all the media attention that he may have come back. However it was critical they get involved so it stinks. I think by now he realized he's made a horrible mistake but he doesn't know how to come home :(.

I still absolutely consider him missing despite thinking he purposely is missing. I think he was 19 years old and a decision like this at 19 isn't rational and even if he made it intentionally I don't think he was thinking straight. So despite him probably doing this intentionally in my mind I think he still 100% needs to be found.

Good point. From Amanda talking with the homeless people, we know Bryce was interacting with others. I do wonder if he may have met someone in town or someone spotted him and wanted his vehicle or something. <snipped for space and clarity>

FWIW, the one and only time I drove by myself in Buttonwillow - the town area not the truck stops - we were at the racetrack and I was in my husband's truck running to grab some things we forgot. The truck's nothing fancy and normally doesn't attract much attention, but it's fairly nice and newish (maybe 5 years old at the time). I got the distinct feeling I was going to be carjacked any second. This was in the middle of the day but people were watching me very closely, and when I got turned around trying to get back to the freeway people were actually coming out of their houses to watch me drive by. It was scary. I'm sure at night would've been worse. I felt safer near the motel and truck stop areas, and it sounds like that's mostly where Bryce was, but it wouldn't surprise me to find out someone spotted him, wanted his vehicle, and then _____? Followed him? Went with him? That's where I get stuck following that line of thinking.

I do believe Bryce was in the vehicle when it crashed given the blood (even if small amounts) and the tracking dogs, but I have wondered if he was alone. The one thing that makes me think he probably was, at least at around 2am, is the call to his Mom - which would mean he either left Buttonwillow alone or dropped someone off somewhere. Ugh, I think I just confused myself. Just when I feel like something's starting to make sense, there's a "hole" that makes it NOT make sense.

If a "bad guy" did it, it probably would have been stripped. Why would anyone simply wreck the car, "take" Bryce but nothing else? Anyone who would be down there looking for trouble would grab a laptop, phone, wheels or rims, salable items IMO.

It depends on their motive.
Let's say Bryce went somewhere after 2:00 amish while still in his SUV and met up with someone somewhere not too far away from there. Something happened and B was killed or died. Whoever was there with him, moved his vehicle, which was caught on camera again at 4:20, and proceeded to set the stage so the car would be found as it was and then took off. Whoever purposely didn't want the vehicle to stay in the same place as B.

Without any detailed information (we don't know the truth regarding the back window - glass broken in or out, tool used, caused by crash) we can be led to believe several different scenarios. Peeps speculated for pages about the circumstances of the roll/crash due to the back window being broken despite the rumor a tool was used to break it. How do we know what the truth is?

Also unless someone has read an actual police report, we don't know if the unzipped bag was found in the back section inside the SUV or outside of it. I believe it was found inside the SUV and Bryce (if him) wanted some specific item from the bag, got it, and exited out the back window. Equally possible is that he grabbed the bag and then went out the window leaving the bag behind outside the vehicle after he retrieved what he wanted. LE knows the truth about this issue as long as nobody touched anything at the scene prior to their arrival.

Back to the issue of who crashed the car though, Bryce could be somewhere miles away from where his vehicle was found. The burned body found on Sept 2, iirc, was located seven miles away. What if B is even further away than that?

The problem for me is, just because he told his mother he was pulling over to catch some sleep, that doesn't mean that's what he was doing. Why? He had several comfortable places to sleep if only he had planned his day better. No, something was up that didn't involve any of his regular people imo. Or, equally possible he wanted to be alone.

I'm feeling a little pissy. It's easy to point out when you think someone is wrong but when someone takes the time to set the record straight and find links to back their claims, it would be nice to acknowledge the information/effort.

Hey, thanks for the links! I think the thread is just going a but slow these days. Sadly. But you certainly cleared up some confusion. Thank you.

Someone took something from the bag. Someone wrecked his SUV. The cockroaches come out at night at these rest stops. Especially right off the main freeway in between Los Angeles and Bakersfield. Whatever peeps are out and about in these areas at that time of morning, they are usually up to no good. Cranksters don't sleep. I really don't believe that Bryce wrecked his own car but whomever did took off like hell so that he wouldn't get caught with a stolen vehicle. I hope I am wrong.

I was talking to a guy I know, age 25, about this case. He immediately thought foul play, which I never seriously considered. He talked about how he and his friends were at a rest stop along the 5 when one went into the bathroom, alone. He was intercepted there by a man in camo, holding a large knife, who just stared at him and began menacing him. He called out, "Hey, hey! What the [cuss word] and his friends started calling out, "What's up? Are you okay?" and running toward the bathroom. When the man heard the buddies coming, he took off into the dark.

Sometimes crooks don't want your stuff. They want you.

By the way I don't think that was his plan when he left the school. I think that became the plan after his mom pinged him.

I think he figured no one would think anything until Monday or so. It was labor day weekend and he broke up with his girlfriend so she wouldn't know where he was either. As far as everyone knew he went to his parents house and his parents have no reason to believe he ever left school.

He could have been planning to keep the car until she was able to track him. He probably wasn't sure if she tracked his phone or they had LoJack on his car.

JMO

Hmm I hadn't thought about it that way before. You're right, he could basically hide out for at least the rest of the week and long weekend if he told everyone slightly different stories and they all thought he was somewhere else or with someone else. And IF that's the case you're probably right about him not being sure how they found him. If it were me and in my right frame of mind I would've assumed it was the roadside service call, but I also wouldn't have expected my Mom to find out about that so quickly. In a stressed out frame of mind or if I was doing something I didn't want people to know about (even something completely innocent but maybe embarrassing or whatever), I might get a little paranoid about being tracked down, talked to by LE, etc. I still don't think he probably crashed intentionally, but I can see him trying to ditch the car and then accidentally crashing in the process.

It is all getting a little too far-fetched for me, I guess. I understand the need and desire to hope he is okay somewhere and of course I do as well, but I just don't really believe he is. I think he had an awful few days, culminating in a rollover wreck and either stumbled into the lake or maybe injured, laid down someplace where he has yet to be found. Hope I am wrong.

Yep.I agree, especially the part about the "awful few days." I do agree he met up with trouble though.

When I went to the area and followed his path I walked to the 7/11 and it's only about a 40 minute walk and I walk slow as hell lol. If he leaves his car in once piece then they know he ran off. I don't think he wanted anyone to know he was running off.

I also don't think that was the plan. The plan was to spend the weekend away and then check in until his mom tracked him. I think he was tired and coming down off Adderall and made a rash decision. I think if it weren't for all the media attention that he may have come back. However it was critical they get involved so it stinks. I think by now he realized he's made a horrible mistake but he doesn't know how to come home :(.

I still absolutely consider him missing despite thinking he purposely is missing. I think he was 19 years old and a decision like this at 19 isn't rational and even if he made it intentionally I don't think he was thinking straight. So despite him probably doing this intentionally in my mind I think he still 100% needs to be found.

Its an interesting theory, but I am having trouble following the part about the wreck. In your theory, can you elaborate more about what you think his plan was during the actual wreck part?

I mean did he purposely roll the truck and risk being injured or killed OR was he trying to just get it down in the water and sink it to make it look like he drowned and he really wrecked by accident on the way to the water?

Also, not sure I understood when you said this wasnt his original plan. What would have been the original plan?

JMO, MOO

Agree completely Amanda. Not only did Mom have him pinged and sent LE to check on him, she also asked them to search his car for drugs/alcohol. After that (as a 19 y/o) he more than likely decided it was time to fly under the radar and whatever his initial plan was travelling south took on a whole new dimension.

Hmm I hadn't thought about it that way before. You're right, he could basically hide out for at least the rest of the week and long weekend if he told everyone slightly different stories and they all thought he was somewhere else or with someone else. And IF that's the case you're probably right about him not being sure how they found him. If it were me and in my right frame of mind I would've assumed it was the roadside service call, but I also wouldn't have expected my Mom to find out about that so quickly. In a stressed out frame of mind or if I was doing something I didn't want people to know about (even something completely innocent but maybe embarrassing or whatever), I might get a little paranoid about being tracked down, talked to by LE, etc. I still don't think he probably crashed intentionally, but I can see him trying to ditch the car and then accidentally crashing in the process.

One the thing that really freaks me out about this case is how the mom seemed to be able to get people to go right up to his car without Bryce even being aware of it. I mean WOW. One thing for sure, if I was in Bryce shoes, and I had people (like LE, the Service Man, etc.) come up to my car window and I was just trying to either sleep OR just be on my own for the week, I would totally freak out and probably get pissed off. It sounded like at least 2 occasions or more, this happened to him. I mean that is just incredible and like something out of James Bond with how he was tracked.

It really makes me wonder if Bryce was maybe fed up with how tight a leash he felt he was under. Even the mention about flying up there and stuff.
wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member