CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember an easily accessible link containing a particular picture of BL that would show up in the first couple of pages of a google search for "bryce laspisa". The picture showed a frontal view of BL wearing an all white sleeveless tank top undershirt. I'm curious as this link appears to have disappeared shortly after the initial report of a possible sighting of BL in Port Orford, OR. That possible sighting has BL wearing the same type of undershirt.

Perhaps others can help to clarify this.

He is wearing that in the last photo on the web.stagram.com page. I am not sure of posting rules on this. It's Bryce's stuff - his name: thaginggg Hope that is all okay to post... :confused:

OK this mag crew website had me in tears. As it crazy as it may sound after reading the stories it could be a possibility. Some of these true stories say that they were asked to drive to small areas and rest stops to pick up others and then off they go to the next location. That they don't allow you to call your parents or communicate with anyone.

Bryce from what we know was looking for a job. I'm gonna see if I see any ads in any newspapers with online publications to see if they have any ads for newspaper sales. Can anyone local to that area check physical newspapers?

ETA: one parent story talks about how there child had to wait in a few cities for hours on end for others to arrive! And a SUV recently flipped with 10 people in a 7 passenger van after falling asleep behind the wheel from being overworked so hard!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Amanda
You will have to put your best sleuthing hat on as they can be really sneaky with their Ads...all in code sometimes....
You might find them on FB too.....
I was chasing some crews up last year when I was sleuthing another case (sorry can't remember who) ....a lot of the crew bosses are on FB ,egomaniacs.. always brag about themselves and how much money they have scammed......

OK this mag crew website had me in tears. As it crazy as it may sound after reading the stories it could be a possibility. Some of these true stories say that they were asked to drive to small areas and rest stops to pick up others and then off they go to the next location. That they don't allow you to call your parents or communicate with anyone.
<snipped for space and clarity>

I've been trying hard to think back to being 19 and I remembered... I almost got talked into vacuum cleaner sales once. I knew from minute 1 it was a dumb idea but when I was desperately trying to gain my independence it sort of made sense. The funnier one was the ostriches. The lady called to try and sell me on the idea of starting an ostrich ranch and finally gave up when I asked her where I was supposed to put the ostriches - in my closet, or tie them up to the tree outside my dorm room?

IMO it's an age where you're likely to fall for all kinds of that stuff. Magazine sales would be way more practical than ostriches. I have no idea if Bryce did, but especially since he was looking for a job I wonder if promises of something could have sucked him in. I do find it really strange he'd have headed south towards his Mom's house in that case, but it's an interesting idea and worth looking into IMO.

For what its worth, there is a Travel Center on Lagoon Drive in Buttonwillow which has WiFi, showers, etc. Here's the info: http://www.tatravelcenters.com/location-details/ta-buttonwillow
Right about where Bryce was located, based on the reports. Might be someone there who can provide some more information...

Just grasping at straws, hoping to shake loose a little more to go on...

Regarding duplicate driver's license...my husband went to the DMV to replace his lost license. He brought documents but they said that they didn't need it. He only had to provide his ss#. They didn't even need to see his ss card. You'd think they would be more concerned for public safety.

For what its worth, there is a Travel Center on Lagoon Drive in Buttonwillow which has WiFi, showers, etc. Here's the info: http://www.tatravelcenters.com/location-details/ta-buttonwillow
Right about where Bryce was located, based on the reports. Might be someone there who can provide some more information...

Just grasping at straws, hoping to shake loose a little more to go on...
Those are decent truck stops. Usually have decent restrooms, restaurant, gas, mini-mart. We usually stop at the one in Santa Nella traveling from the Bay Area to LA and back.

The flipped thing struck me though because the SUV was found flipped too.
Probably thinking too much.

The same thing came to mind the first time I saw the photo on his Instagram. Maybe he liked flipping things over?

Regarding duplicate driver's license...my husband went to the DMV to replace his lost license. He brought documents but they said that they didn't need it. He only had to provide his ss#. They didn't even need to see his ss card. You'd think they would be more concerned for public safety.

Agreed, I was surprised how easy it was to get my replacement one as well. I'm also in CA. Funny thing is my name's been misspelled for most of my life on my SS card, and the SS office wouldn't fix it. When I got married and got my driver's license updated (with very little documentation), the new SS card was easy, even though it was my FIRST name (not last/maiden) misspelled the whole time.

I go back and forth on Bryce intentionally disappearing, but I think it's possible and if he did, I don't think it would be that hard for him to get a new 'identity' on paper. I do think it'd require some level of planning and alertness, though. Going back once again to his mental state...

I hope all of the truck-stops were considered very early on. That would be a big mistake, if not. JMO

Why would Bryce be behind/at that cell tower, in the wee hours, if he was gonna take off and sell magazines? Wouldn't he need his clothes at least?That seems, again, like a lot of trouble to go to when he coulda just left the vehicle in a parking lot....
imho

has drag mentioned what the parents instinctively feel about Bryce? I don't think I have seen it.

No more media or dragz updates in a few days. :((

has drag mentioned what the parents instinctively feel about Bryce? I don't think I have seen it.

Yes on FB. They believe he has amnesia post a head injury and open to psychotic break but do not believe he ran off intentionally.

You thought you were that much in love, huh? lol!
Pointing out though you were with another person and not completely alone.
If BL has someone behind him for some reason, I believe he may still be functioning somewhere.

Yeah, seriously. The crazy (stupid) things we do when we're love (and before I knew better than to be living with a guy).

Yes, I wasn't alone and I never would tried to that all by myself, but I know for a fact my boyfriend wouldn't have thought twice about being there all by himself. Some people are just fearless and some people just jump right in (sometimes foolishly) to a situation without thinking of the future.

I should stop thinking so much and compare.
What popped up was, I think when you join the army you need an id. In Germany it's possible to report your id as stolen and get a new one, even it's not. Maybe he did that and had 2 ids? One hes left behind, because he had another?

He may still have his driver's license from Illinois...

Castiac is definitely mountain lion country. We live in a much more populated area at a much lower elevation in So. O.C. and have often had mountain lion sightings. A young child was attacked during the day at a local wilderness park resulting in children being banned from the park for years and years. A mountain biker was attacked and killed less than a mile from thousands of suburban homes. A short time later another mountain biker was attacked but survived. A local church security camera was picking up a mountain lion every night at about the same time. One of my neighbors hit one with his car when it leaped into the road in front of him (while driving less than a mile from thousands of homes). An overzealous homeowner in our neighborhood shot one that was sitting on his block fence. (Unfortunately he only wounded it - I only say unfortunately because it was unnecessary to shoot it in the first place, it escaped injured, and resulted in a huge lion hunt by Animal Control to try to find it to kill it because the shooting incident was less than a mile from our local elementary school with close to 2,000 students.) Obviously these incidents happened over the course of several years, but mountain lions are very elusive and very rarely seen. They ARE out there.

My understanding is that mountain lions attack from behind, try to break the neck to incapacitate and drag their prey off in an attempt to keep it hidden from other predators.

I don't know why I am even typing this. Please come home, Bryce!

Someone had posted of here about a week after he went missing that down the road from the accident there was drag marks like a body or deer had been drug and I don't remember if they said blood or stains, I don't know if that was checked out, anyone remember?

I was thinking of how to keep Bryce in the hearts and minds of the public and media. Again thinking back to the Michelle Le case, I think one of the things that really kept it going for me was that she became very real to me. When they shared personal stories and anecdotes about her, it endeared her to me, reminded me how she was so much like my own daughters.

If we heard personal nuggets of what he was like as a person, people couldn't help but be more drawn to him and the case, I might think. Like that YouTube someone found and shared here where he was doing silly moves to one of those dancing video games. I couldn't help but smile and feel his humanness and ache for him to be found and just come home.

It is very difficult to get media interest in a male over eighteen, IMO. With Michelle Le, she was determined to be a crime victim almost at once, even a murder victim. Bryce may be "missing" because he wants to be, or at least that is the impression some people might get by reading up on what is known. I think a male, college aged missing person is probably one of the more difficult to raise interest. The accident should have drawn more than it has, IMO. Not sure what the answer is, although hoping Klaas Kids has some suggestions and contacts for the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopy22192