CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very difficult to get media interest in a male over eighteen, IMO. With Michelle Le, she was determined to be a crime victim almost at once, even a murder victim. Bryce may be "missing" because he wants to be, or at least that is the impression some people might get by reading up on what is known. I think a male, college aged missing person is probably one of the more difficult to raise interest. The accident should have drawn more than it has, IMO. Not sure what the answer is, although hoping Klaas Kids has some suggestions and contacts for the family.
I got interested in the Michelle Le case because she was local to me, and where her body was found was only a mile from where I was taking my daughter for dance lessons, although it was off a very rural road, with little civilization...

Someone had posted of here about a week after he went missing that down the road from the accident there was drag marks like a body or deer had been drug and I don't remember if they said blood or stains, I don't know if that was checked out, anyone remember?

This was dismissed as being an animal..

He is wearing that in the last photo on the web.stagram.com page. I am not sure of posting rules on this. It's Bryce's stuff - his name: thaginggg Hope that is all okay to post... :confused:

Thank you.

Same type and color of undershirt, but I'm remembering a different photo. I don't think the link containing the picture was associated with a social media site since it was accessed with a simple google search. The associated article was most likely discussing BL's disappearance.

To clarify on social media rules: if you see a tweet on a news twitter account, you can direct posters as such...see post at whatever time from "initials" to the news anchor. You cannot copy a screenshot nor can you talk about it here. It is rumor.

You can feel free to look at Bryce's social media accounts and post about what he posted. You cannot comment on who posted other things on there except as listed above (i.e., see post on Aug 23 from "initials" to Bryce). No discussion about these posts from others at all, again it's rumor.

So, direct posters to it if it's interesting to you and you think it would help give ideas to others but do not then discuss it here.

It is very difficult to get media interest in a male over eighteen, IMO. With Michelle Le, she was determined to be a crime victim almost at once, even a murder victim. Bryce may be "missing" because he wants to be, or at least that is the impression some people might get by reading up on what is known. I think a male, college aged missing person is probably one of the more difficult to raise interest. The accident should have drawn more than it has, IMO. Not sure what the answer is, although hoping Klaas Kids has some suggestions and contacts for the family.

Authorities searched, according to news reports, for over two weeks though.
Iirc they called the searches off around September 18.
I can't help but wonder if, around that date, LE discovered a new angle, additional info, etc.
Of course LE doesn't tell the public what they find because the info may involve evidence of some kind.

The media is like us, in that, there's nothing new to report and, unlike us, they're not supposed to ever speculate. Wait, are we allowed to speculate? I believe so as long as we say we're speculating and don't point fingers at people.

By the way, I know you know this cluciano, I launched off your post.

I think the vehicle accident is what caused LE to search at all, really.
Missing college who may have been high? Probably not so much, IMO.

I think the vehicle accident is what caused LE to search at all, really.
Missing college who may have been high? Probably not so much, IMO.

Absolutely! Under those circumstances they'd search for the driver no matter their age. Plus, if a cellphone was left behind, they'd be wondering why the person didn't use it to call for help. The fact BL didn't use his phone, caused greater concern that he was somewhere in the lake.
The only thing is, I've read people post he still may be in the lake, but I wonder how probable that is. The reason is because the park people don't want a body surfacing in the beach areas or when people are fishing. Coincidently though, I think swimming/beach use had already ended, so maybe they wouldn't be as concerned as they would be if the season was still in full swing. I'm sure they did a professional, thorough search but one never knows if it was good enough I guess.

The missing Shane Fell case reminds me so much of Bryce's story. There is thread on Webseluths on this case too.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/The-myste...ry-of-West-Bank-mans-disappear-155560415.html

LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That is eerily similar. Let's pray they both find there way home safe.

Just a thought though. Maybe a lantern ceremony for Bryce would bring some new attention? I love the idea!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

This is a great video from Shane Fells brother asking for help. Maybe Bryce's family could make something similar. According to the brother this case was aired on a tv show too.

http://helpfindshanefell.com/v2/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am wondering if it would be possible (and I am anything but a video tech guy) to record a YouTube video about Bryce being missing, than have us all view it and drive the view count up so that it shows up as most watched?

I don't know much about that sort of thing...being I am from the Black and White TV days and the 8088 computer era...

Why would Bryce be behind/at that cell tower, in the wee hours, if he was gonna take off and sell magazines? Wouldn't he need his clothes at least?That seems, again, like a lot of trouble to go to when he coulda just left the vehicle in a parking lot....
imho

I brought up the possibility of the 'mag crews' because its a massive ,real problem to do with impressionable young kids...
I didn't discount the car accident being unintentional.....the scenario I had in my mind was BL's behaviour before the accident and why he was in ButtonWillow for so long....and he could have been in touch with a crew from an online advertisement whilst he was at his college.

Not all mag crews are bad, but they are very very persuasive ....so taking that into account also.....I personally don't think that having a theory like this in relation to BL's disappearance is that much off the wall....

1. Saying yes to working with a mag crew ....before he makes the journey...which could have been what he had a lot to talk about.
2. Meeting up with them at Buttonwillow.
3 BL Thinks more about this 'opportunity' and then changes his mind to head home.
4 Arrives in Castaic....tired, a bit lost, pulls in to the cell tower....tries to turn car and then has a car accident
5 Disorientated , leaves the scene of accident ....leaving his belongings behind.

It's just a theory

ETA: Sorry...I know it doesn't really help with finding out where Bryce is presently ,it's just so sad to think of any scenario....... Just wishing he is out there , safe ,somewhere.

Hoping this weekend's search turns up with a positive lead....

I am wondering if it would be possible (and I am anything but a video tech guy) to record a YouTube video about Bryce being missing, than have us all view it and drive the view count up so that it shows up as most watched?

I don't know much about that sort of thing...being I am from the Black and White TV days and the 8088 computer era...

Someone here said they were going to do a video, cannot remember who though. They were going to see if it was ok with his family.

I can do one in couple of weeks.

Unfortunately that's the downside of having family posting. The upside is obvious, more information, clarifications and such. Sadly the downside though is having such an intimate involvement and connection with the victim. All of these theories would be fair game on any other thread but because of dragz being on here we try as hard as we can to be victim and family friendly while still proving to be helpful.

Not mentioning possibilities or sensoring I think anymore then we have, could be in my opinion counter intuitive as we may think of something law enforcement hasn't which could provide them other angles to check.

We all want Bryce to come home so bad that I think all of us are willing to grasp at any possible straw hoping it could be the words that break this case wide open.

I totally understand how you feel though, however I totally encourage you to check out some other threads on here and see if you feel the same way after. I felt a bit differently but I also understand how upsetting it could be to read about your loved one possibly being attacked by animals or overcome by dispair etc. I can't even imagine what that feels like for Brian. He is a very strong man, for if it were me I couldn't do it.

If we don't see him on here again I'd hope he knows that it won't change how much we want Bryce home or how hard we all will try to help.

Welcome to WS by the way! Look forward to more of your posts.

ETA: I appreciate your candor as I think sometimes we all forget how close he is to all of this and how hurtful our words can be even if they come from a place of love and compassion. Brian is just as much a victim as Bryce and his family, its a good reminder and for that, I thank you.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Hello all,
Havent been on here as I've been down with the flu or something. I have had to keep up on other stuff like the upcoming search, media, securing the command center, volunteerspot etc etc but have been too under the weather to be on here.

When I am on here, I always try to look at posts as an outsider. I try not to be emotionally involved. I am not easily upset and realize that everyone has their own theory or speculations, as do I.
Please don't feel that you need to censor posts because I am on here, I am a big boy and can handle it.

Update:
The search organized by Klaaskids is this weekend and we need volunteers

I am securing a billboard in SCV, hope to have it up soon

The laptop and cell phone are now in the possession of a private forensics company

We will continue to follow up every lead - and remain hopeful that Bryce will be found safe

To answer a few previous posts:

Bryce could not have joined the military - he would be fingerprinted and found to be missing

Bryce could not have an Illinois drivers license - that needs to be surrendered when obtaining a Ca license
Also he could not obtain a duplicate Ca. license because it would show him as missing after 8/30

I am still not feeling well, but will update further asap

Update:
The search organized by Klaaskids is this weekend and we need volunteers

I am securing a billboard in SCV, hope to have it up soon

The laptop and cell phone are now in the possession of a private forensics company

We will continue to follow up every lead - and remain hopeful that Bryce will be found safe

Thank you for the update. We are all very hopeful that Klaaskids will help bring some answers to you and your family this weekend and will bring Bryce home to you all. Hoping you feel better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne