CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everyone wants to know what happened about the break up and the last time I saw Bryce. This is obviously a difficult thing for me to talk about and I do not feel comfortable giving more details as to what his strange behavior involved, so just please know that he was not acting like himself and that’s all that I really want to say at this point.

At the time of Bryce's disappearance, everything with Bryce and I had been perfect and we had just spent the few weeks since he had moved back up North spending every moment together being so happy. The Tuesday morning before his disappearance he called me and told me he had taken Vyvanse and he didn't sound like himself and broke up with me out of the blue without really giving any explanation why. I drove to his apartment to see him later that day to find out what was going on, and he was acting very strange again and still said he wanted to break up and I was confused so I left and went to my friend's house nearby. He later showed up at my friend's house saying he wanted me back. He was acting more unlike himself than before. I went with him back to his apartment and stayed the night and when I woke up the next morning (Wednesday) he was acting better and didn't remember breaking up with me. I was concerned about all of this but went back to Chico because I had class. I talked to Bryce a few times during the day and he told me he loved me and he wanted to be together forever and was even talking about marrying me. Later that day I called him again and asked what he was doing and he said he was sitting outside my apartment in Chico. I went outside to meet him and he said he was breaking up with me again. When I questioned him as to what was going on he said that he had taken Vyvanse and I could tell by his eyes that this was true. I asked him for his keys because I didn't think he should be driving based on the way he was acting and the fact that he told me he had taken the Vyvanse which I could tell by his eyes. He handed the keys over to me and I called Sean (his roommate ) and told him what was happening because he had been there the night before when Bryce was acting strange and we agreed we should call his mom. Long story short, his mom thought he was ok to drive so my roommate and I gave him back the keys. He said good bye to me and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and drove away. That was the last time that I saw him.

Thank you <modsnip> after reading this I can tell you it was the VyVanse that was making him act that strange way. It works the same way Adderall does and if he doesn't have ADD or ADHD it has the opposite affect which makes you speedy like and manic. So many college students take this for studying. Was he acting speedy, hyper like? My son got addicted to Adderrall when he went to Sacramento State after he joined a Fraternity. He never did drugs prior to this. He would take handfuls and lie about it. His friends would call me to tell me how crazy strange he was acting. He ended up many strange places including rolling his truck in a ditch near a lake somewhere off the 5. A cop called me when they found him swimming in a lake in the winter with all his clothes on and muddy head to toe.

Do you think Bryce could have taken more than one? Were his pupils dilated?

Had he taken it on other occasions that your aware of?

You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

So Bryce had two days of acting strange, and on that second day/night is when he started driving south.

<modsnip>, had he ever taken Vyvanse before this? I'm wondering if he had some kind of allergic reaction to it, since he was acting so unlike himself.

I'm sorry you are going through all this. It has to be an nightmare for you and for his family.

Something was obviously going on with him, you could see it, and with the way he was talking, it was all so out of character for him, especially in light of the relationship the two of you have shared for the past several months.

So when he set off on his journey south, he was not right. What ever happened then doesn't explain where he is now and why he's been away for the past 2 months. He's had time to clear his head and come home.

What colleges was he interested in apply to?

Thanks for being here and helping us by giving us some additional information. :hug:

I know everyone wants to know what happened about the break up and the last time I saw Bryce. This is obviously a difficult thing for me to talk about and I do not feel comfortable giving more details as to what his strange behavior involved, so just please know that he was not acting like himself and that’s all that I really want to say at this point.

At the time of Bryce's disappearance, everything with Bryce and I had been perfect and we had just spent the few weeks since he had moved back up North spending every moment together being so happy. The Tuesday morning before his disappearance he called me and told me he had taken Vyvanse and he didn't sound like himself and broke up with me out of the blue without really giving any explanation why. I drove to his apartment to see him later that day to find out what was going on, and he was acting very strange again and still said he wanted to break up and I was confused so I left and went to my friend's house nearby. He later showed up at my friend's house saying he wanted me back. He was acting more unlike himself than before. I went with him back to his apartment and stayed the night and when I woke up the next morning (Wednesday) he was acting better and didn't remember breaking up with me. I was concerned about all of this but went back to Chico because I had class. I talked to Bryce a few times during the day and he told me he loved me and he wanted to be together forever and was even talking about marrying me. Later that day I called him again and asked what he was doing and he said he was sitting outside my apartment in Chico. I went outside to meet him and he said he was breaking up with me again. When I questioned him as to what was going on he said that he had taken Vyvanse and I could tell by his eyes that this was true. I asked him for his keys because I didn't think he should be driving based on the way he was acting and the fact that he told me he had taken the Vyvanse which I could tell by his eyes. He handed the keys over to me and I called Sean (his roommate ) and told him what was happening because he had been there the night before when Bryce was acting strange and we agreed we should call his mom. Long story short, his mom thought he was ok to drive so my roommate and I gave him back the keys. He said good bye to me and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and drove away. That was the last time that I saw him.

Taking the keys was a very responsible and mature thing to do!! I hope no one questions that. You did the right thing!
And I also understand why you had to give him back they keys given the situation.

I hope Bryce is found soon!

Night everyone, or should I say good morning?
Time to get some sleep.
Let's hope for the best and, one way or another, this too shall pass.
Klsyfoxy, we appreciate you sharing first-hand information with us so much. :hug:

Thank you for the story Kim. I'm sure this was very difficult and I can't imagine what you're possibly going through.

While I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable I was wondering if you could eliminate a few things?

I was wondering if acting weird in any way involved him saying any of the following statements: that he was feeling suicidal or that he wanted to disappear?

If you could at least eliminate that those things werent said or were that would super helpful.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

No he never said anything about feeling suicidal or disappearing. I know him very well and despite his strange behavior I never got the feeling that he wanted to hurt himself. My mother passed away from suicide 2 years ago, so he and I had talked about that topic before and he had conveyed to me that he never thought suicide was an acceptable way out. I feel like even though he was under the influence of Vyvanse he would still feel the same way about it.

So Bryce had two days of acting strange, and on that second day/night is when he started driving south.

Kim, had he ever taken Vyvanse before this? I'm wondering if he had some kind of allergic reaction to it, since he was acting so unlike himself.

I'm sorry you are going through all this. It has to be an nightmare for you and for his family.

Something was obviously going on with him, you could see it, and with the way he was talking, it was all so out of character for him, especially in light of the relationship the two of you have shared for the past several months.

So when he set off on his journey south, he was not right. What ever happened then doesn't explain where he is now and why he's been away for the past 2 months. He's had time to clear his head and come home.

What colleges was he interested in apply to?

Thanks for being here and helping us by giving us some additional information. :hug:

You're welcome! No I do not believe that he had taken Vyvanse before but I know he had taken Adderral (which is similar) as many college students do. He was interested in applying to UC Davis, UC Berkeley, and Chico State. Maybe more but these are the ones that he talked to me about.

No he never said anything about feeling suicidal or disappearing. I know him very well and despite his strange behavior I never got the feeling that he wanted to hurt himself. My mother passed away from suicide 2 years ago, so he and I had talked about that topic before and he had conveyed to me that he never thought suicide was an acceptable way out. I feel like even though he was under the influence of Vyvanse he would still feel the same way about it.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm going to pray for you tonight you have been through so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you Kim after reading this I can tell you it was the VyVanse that was making him act that strange way. It works the same way Adderall does and if he doesn't have ADD or ADHD it has the opposite affect which makes you speedy like and manic. So many college students take this for studying. Was he acting speedy, hyper like? My son got addicted to Adderrall when he went to Sacramento State after he joined a Fraternity. He never did drugs prior to this. He would take handfuls and lie about it. His friends would call me to tell me how crazy strange he was acting. He ended up many strange places including rolling his truck in a ditch near a lake somewhere off the 5. A cop called me when they found him swimming in a lake in the winter with all his clothes on and muddy head to toe.

Do you think Bryce could have taken more than one? Were his pupils dilated?

Had he taken it on other occasions that your aware of?

You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

I'm so sorry to hear about your son. Bryce was acting kind of hyper like. I think it is possible that he might have taken more than one and his pupils were somewhat dialated. I do not think that he has taken Vyvanse before but I know he has taken Adderrall as many college students have.

Kim I cannot thank you enough for these answers.

I can't possibly imagine how hard this is for you. First you lost your mom and now your boyfriend disappears?? This is way more than anyone should ever have to go through. My condolences are with you. I can't imagine losing a parent and still going to school. Now I know for a fact you are super strong and very goal minded. Which leads me to believe Bryce was the same type of person.

Here's what might seem like a silly question but did you guys eat together before he left your house when he was suppose to go back to his room? Trying to get a sense of when the last time he would have eaten was since he didn't eat in the many many hours we can account for in credit.

Which leads to the next question if you are okay answering it. Did Bryce ever pay cash for things when you two were together? Or was he more dependent on cards?

Thanks again! You a certainly a stronger women than I am!

Shoot I got kicked off the Internet and lost my post.

What I wrote and lost was that hearing the chain of events as they happened in your own words helps make sense of the confusing bits and pieces we heard about before.
It sounds as if Bryce may have had a rare reaction (considering he only took Vyvance two times) to that drug.
You must feel as if you're living a nightmare or some terrible joke is being played out on you. Or wish that could be the answer.

I wonder where he got the drug and if that's really what it was (versus some weird street drug or bath salts or something - I'm reaching). His adverse reaction, being so immediate, seems strange imo. Also why would he take it again the following day as it doesn't seem as if it made him feel productive or better. Just seemed to mess with his thinking. ???????

I know the person that Bryce got the drug from and I believe it to be the pure Vyvanse pill because the person that he got it from has a Vyvanse prescription.

Kim I cannot thank you enough for these answers.

I can't possibly imagine how hard this is for you. First you lost your mom and now your boyfriend disappears?? This is way more than anyone should ever have to go through. My condolences are with you. I can't imagine losing a parent and still going to school. Now I know for a fact you are super strong and very goal minded. Which leads me to believe Bryce was the same type of person.

Here's what might seem like a silly question but did you guys eat together before he left your house when he was suppose to go back to his room? Trying to get a sense of one the last time he would have eaten was since he didn't eat in the many many hours we can account for in credit.

Which leads to the next question if you are okay answering it. Did Bryce ever pay cash for things when you two were together? Or was he more dependent on cards?

Thanks again! You a certainly a stronger women than I am!

Thank you for your kind words.
No we did not eat together. I got him to drink a little bit of water but that was it.
He payed with both cash and cards just depending on how much things cost or what was easier. For example, if it was a cheap purchase he might just pay with cash. If we were going out to dinner or something more expensive he would probably use his card.

I'm so sorry to hear about your son. Bryce was acting kind of hyper like. I think it is possible that he might have taken more than one and his pupils were somewhat dialated. I do not think that he has taken Vyvanse before but I know he has taken Adderrall as many college students have.

Thanks sweetie. I hate that darn drug. It brought my Son down. He was a straight A student in HS. He dropped out of college first year due to Adderrall missing classes.

I'm sure you will find Bryce just as my son was always found if this was the case. He went missing every time he took more than one Adderall. The longest was two months. After hearing how strong and buff Bryce is I'm sure he's a survivor. Did he take steroids for working out? My son took it now and then and that can cause bad erratic behavior along with mood swings.

I hope that my posts were helpful. I have to go to sleep and I have school and work tomorrow so I will log on again sometime soon when I have time. I appreciate all of your help to try and find Bryce. :tyou: I hope we find him soon because I really miss him. :(

I hope that my posts were helpful. I have to go to sleep and I have school and work tomorrow so I will log on again sometime soon when I have time. I appreciate all of your help to try and find Bryce. :tyou: I hope we find him soon because I really miss him. :(

<modsnip> I can't thank you enough!! These were extremely helpful answers. EXTREMELY. Thank you so much. I hope we find him soon so you can have both gingers in your arms again! Good night.

Thanks so much!! Goodnight get plenty of sleep. We will find him!!!

You're welcome! No I do not believe that he had taken Vyvanse before but I know he had taken Adderral (which is similar) as many college students do. He was interested in applying to UC Davis, UC Berkeley, and Chico State. Maybe more but these are the ones that he talked to me about.

So all the colleges he was interested in with in California. He had no desire to go back to Naperville then?

Get some rest sweetie. Your answers have been helpful in giving a better idea of what Bryce was like on a more personal level.

We hope and pray that Bryce returns soon to both you and his parents.

Bryce is very unlucky to be among the missing, but very, very lucky in the people he has speaking on his behalf. If only all our missing people had such eloquent, graceful people to speak out for them - I am sure many more would be found.

OK based on what <modsnip> said I've thought of some things.

Psychiatric facilities should also be checked for John Doe's. Whether it was a psychotic break or simply he was not acting like himself, this is one avenue I haven't seen mentioned.

For those unfamiliar with psychiatric facilities and how involuntary admissions work (I worked in Henry Mayo's behavioral unit):

Police have the ability to so something called a 5150. Its a fancy code for involuntary psych holds. When someone is at risk for harming themselves or someone else police have the right to send them for a 72 hour observation period in which they cannot be discharged unless the doctor has found it unfounded or unnecessary. At the end of the hold the doctor either releases them, they encourage voluntary admissoon, or they seek a 30 day hold which depending on the original reason for the hold may require a court order. In some circumstances they do not need a court order, it all depends on how critical the person is and how dangerous they are deemed to be (again whether or not its too themselves or others).

I know many of you are familiar with this likely but just in case those of you who don't know I figured I'd share.

The only reason I really wonder about this is the fact he was acting bizarrely. If he was stumbling around and someone called the cops after the accident I could definitely see them putting him on a psych hold without realizing who he was. At that point he wouldn't have even been missing yet. If a random guy is stumbling around acting strange and has blood on them, I think a hold would be done.

Also, if he was disoriented and doesn't know who he is, he may not be able to alert them and he could be safe and sound and we wouldn't even know it.

Another thing is: cab companies still never returned my call about whether or not he was given a ride out of castaic. I just want to remind the family or Kim if they're reading this to make sure the 2 SCV cab companies that service Castaic are checked into again.

Hopefully one of these 2 things might bring us a lead!

Just a quick post to say a huge thanks to kslyfoxy. It's great to get some of the details cleared up so we can move on and try and find other avenues for locating Bryce. Thoughts are with you. :)

So Bryce was planning on using the 2 year degree to transfer to a 4 year school?

now I really getting baffled. Maybe he was under incredible amounts of stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member