CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has crossed my mind several times as well..

I also had wondered if that murdering group of people from LA that dumped and burned the body in Castaic a few days after Bryce had gone missing had crossed paths at some point, had they seen Bryce in the area and did something to him because he witnessed what they did and could identify them?

You just never know. I believe whomever gave him a ride that day did something to him maybe got him involved in something that he wasn't a willing participant. Are there any weird cults or commune that exists up near that area? Sadly, I personally believe Bryce is no longer alive. If someone didn't take his life then my alternative theory is he is snagged in the lake as mentioned or while running around in the area in a panic he succumbed to his injuries and exhaustion. That entire week was very warm here in so CA. I live an hour away and it was keeping steady that week at a high of 102.

I almost fell off my chair last week. i was on my PC and a big *advertiser censored* ad pic popped up and flashed before me. It was a nice looking red haired teen with a big tattoo on his arm called him "Ginger" my jaw popped wide open. It wasn't Bryce but made me wonder if Bryce could have been forced into this college teen *advertiser censored* industry? I hope not. Kslyfoxy said Bryce is very friendly and makes friends easily. That can sometimes be a bad thing as it opens you up to being vulnerable especially if your young.

Pathetic, same thing SDLE thought about McStay family till they find them all murdered and buried years later.

This is my opinion of what I believe happened to Bryce which I know most of you are not going to agree with but that's Ok. I am married to a retired police officer and this is what we both believe.

Bryce was truly heading home to LN but pulled off to sleep somewhere just as he told his mom crashed his truck accidentally and completely panicked not knowing what to do also he had been up for 3 days prior from the adderall and was not in a clear state of mind prior to leaving per Kslyfoxy taking keys. That just escalated the panic and fear after crashing the truck not knowing what to do.

I think he seriously tried to get the heck out of there running around all over Castaic in a frenzy, he ended up on the road and he accepted a ride from a not nice person or persons who maybe offered him to go do drugs whatever maybe to calm him down. The stranger befriended him and Bryce fell prey as a victim to whoever picked him up and that person or persons intentional or not, hurt him and drove him far away from the area not by choice. IMO

Whiteorchids, ITA! This was my other theory as well, if Bryce did get out of the area, he likely met with foul play. I don't know which is worse, dying from exposure and/or injuries, or fleeing the area only to meet up with someone who did him harm.

In regard to why Bryce was in Buttonwillow for the ten hours, I posted that perhaps S.D. and/or others close to Bryce may know why, maybe even asked Bryce to stop in Buttonwillow for some reason. If S.D. and/or others close to Bryce have no knowledge of Bryce being in Buttonwillow, or why he stopped there, maybe Bryce picked up someone hitchhiking, and dropped this person off there, maybe hung out with this person or people, doing what, I don't know, maybe as some have suggested, he was taking his time to get to his parents house, because he was trying to figure out what and how to tell them whatever it was he wanted to talk with them about. After LE checked Bryce out, he decided to be on his way, and the stop in Buttonwillow, as well as the time he spent there had nothing directly, if at all, to do with what happened to Bryce later at the lake. ... Just a thought I had about why Bryce was in Buttonwillow and for how long.

I really pray Bryce will be found, and his family have the answers they need.

Just checking in to say that I'm still thinking about Bryce, his beautiful family, and his amazing girlfriend (kslyfox) daily. I truly want to believe he is out there alive, but I agree with some of the above posters...if he was somewhere and didn't have a head injury, I believe he would've called someone. I still have hope for him though. This case has affected me different than the many others I've followed so closely, I just have a strong feeling in my gut that he's still out there somewhere. Even if he's not, I truly hope they find him somewhere very, very soon. His family and girlfriend must be heartbroken with the holidays approaching so quickly.

kslyfox, if you're still reading on here...I'm so sorry you and Bryce's family are going through this right now. If I weren't all the way across the country in Indiana, I would be out daily searching for him. You guys are all in my thoughts, and I hope the holidays will allow you to spend some quality time with his and your families. I know having to go through Thanksgiving and (hopefully not!) Christmas without him is going to be beyond difficult...but with your graciousness, strength, and optimism, I know you'll make it through. And remember, wherever Bryce is, I'm sure he still loves you with all of his heart. Have a good holiday, sweetheart. :heart:

Come home, Bryce! :( :rose:

Thank you that is very sweet. I appreciate it. You have a good holiday too.

Mrs. Laspisa said it was important to use the new flyer because it had a new number on it, because detectives were no longer on the case, why is that???

The LE that was in charge of the case was the Homicide department. Since LE could not find out any evidence that this was a homicide, they are no longer focusing on this case because of the need to investigate newer cases.

The LE that was in charge of the case was the Homicide department. Since LE could not find out any evidence that this was a homicide, they are no longer focusing on this case because of the need to investigate newer cases.

I understand that. I really don't think foul play is involved. I didn't get that feeling from the start, and the more I have learned the less likely I think it is.

Just to clarify; All the scenarios for foul play I could think of involved huge amounts of bad luck, coincidence and or/practicalproblems and discrepancies. I just couldn't make it work.

That's very good news actually, I think. LE appear to have ruled out foul play AFTER extensive investigations. Sometimes they do that before and that's often where it proves to be incorrect.

That only leaves two options

Bryce is voluntary missing
Or he can no longer return home.

It makes sense to deal with the voluntary missing option first, to me.

I really wish Bryce could be located in time for Christmas. I really do. What a beautiful gift for his loved ones that would be.

The new tipline is: 949 292 4400

and no-one will trace your call if you dial it. It is completely anonymous and not connected to LE.

That's very good news actually, I think. LE appear to have ruled out foul play AFTER extensive investigations. Sometimes they do that before and that's often where it proves to be incorrect.

That only leaves two options

Bryce is voluntary missing
Or he can no longer return home.

It makes sense to deal with the voluntary missing option first, to me.

I'm married to a retired police who has 30 years of service who has given me much insight. What evidence would there be if he took a ride with a stranger trying to help him and turned bad? Nada. Look at the McStay case there is not always evidence of foul play until years later when someone stumbles across something connected. There was no evidence of foul play there either. I wish I could share with you all the missing cases my husband has shared with me that people thought had voluntary left but eventually were found deceased.

There is a lot of open rural areas, and fields along the 5 up to Sacramento that has not been searched and should be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pathetic, same thing SDLE thought about McStay family till they find them all murdered and buried years later.

This is my opinion of what I believe happened to Bryce which I know most of you are not going to agree with but that's Ok. I am married to a retired police officer and this is what we both believe.

Bryce was truly heading home to LN but pulled off to sleep somewhere just as he told his mom crashed his truck accidentally and completely panicked not knowing what to do also he had been up for 3 days prior from the adderall and was not in a clear state of mind prior to leaving per Kslyfoxy taking keys. That just escalated the panic and fear after crashing the truck not knowing what to do.

I think he seriously tried to get the heck out of there running around all over Castaic in a frenzy, he ended up on the road and he accepted a ride from a not nice person or persons who maybe offered him to go do drugs whatever maybe to calm him down. The stranger befriended him and Bryce fell prey as a victim to whoever picked him up and that person or persons intentional or not, hurt him and drove him far away from the area not by choice. IMO

This possibility has crossed my mind as well. And if Bryce was disorientated for any reason, that could make him more vulnerable to a scary predator. But I'm choosing to have hope that this is not the case.

Hi gitana1, I have no idea what Bryce was doing in Buttonwillow for those ten hours. I do wonder if Bryce's roomate S.D. may know what Bryce was doing there and why. From the texts Bryce sent to S.D., where he thank's S.D. for "saving my soul", that to me shows that S.D. was someone Bryce must have had complete trust in, enough trust to confide things that he may not have confided in anyone else. I think S.D. and others close to Bryce may have some idea about why Bryce was in Buttonwillow, and why he may have been there for so long. To me, there are always more than one reason for things,not specifically this case, but life in general. I do think someone(s) know the reason Bryce was there though, and I hope one day someone will come forth with this reason, as well as other questions regarding Bryce in the time before he left. I do not think he was hiding out there though. Maybe he was asked to stop there by someone close to him? For what, I don't know.

I use the term "wooded areas" more as a general description, as I have never been there, and in some photos posted of the area surrounding the lake, there does seem to be wooded areas, as opposed to heavily forested areas immediately surrounding the lake where Bryce crashed and disappeared.

I still think Bryce is in either the lake, perhaps snagged by something that prevents him from surfacing, or he is in the area around the lake. I have seen nothing to indicate Bryce is alive and in hiding. The only other theory I have, is Bryce somehow getting out of the area without being seen, and either getting a ride, or in some other way ending up meeting with foul play. Sadly, I do not think Bryce is alive. I still am standing by my theory, as this would explain what happened to Bryce and why, and there is no information or facts that have been made known to change my thoughts,opinions and theory on what happened to Bryce.

Thank's for the photos, what a beautiful area!

Your welcome. Well, your theories about Bryce possibly being in the surrounding areas or in the lake are based in logic and other share those theories. But, IMO, other more hopeful theories are based in logic too.

My reasoning for thinking he is likely not in the lake have to do with the type of lake it is (really a man made dam in the desert, with a lot of visibility comparatively speaking and hardly any brush in it), how hard it is to keep a body submerged for long periods, even when weighted and tied down (think Laci Peterson), the fact that we know he's not being held down by his vehicle, which is one of the best ways to keep a person submerged in water, and the extensive searches of the lake.

You all know my reasons for thinking he is unlikely to be lying somewhere around the lake.

But I wonder what you think of the possibility that he simply left the area, hitching out with a trucker or someone unaware that he is missing, and blended into a homeless population somewhere? I made an extensive list of cases, many involving college kids, who disappeared without a trace, often leaving everything traceable behind, or everything they would seem to need to survive, and yet they remained alive and out of sight.

I agree there is logic to the less hopeful theories. I can't ignore stats. But there is logic to hope in this case as well, I think. And the more hopeful theories are what I'm concentrating on because, in part, there really isn't much that can be done to help find Bryce, really, otherwise but also because that's where I'm at right now based on the info we know up to this point.

I'm married to a retired police who has 30 years of service who has given me much insight. What evidence would there be if he took a ride with a stranger trying to help him and turned bad? Nada. Look at the McStay case there is not always evidence of foul play until years later when someone stumbles across something connected. There was no evidence of foul play there either. I wish I could share with you all the missing cases my husband has shared with me that people thought had voluntary left but eventually were found deceased.

There is a lot of open rural areas, and fields along the 5 up to Sacramento that has not been searched and should be.

Yeah, but where to start? It's not like his cell phone pings can be followed. Think of how hard it is to find a body when we generally know where they are or could be? Michelle Parker, Kyron Horman, Lori Hacking, Jhessye Shockley, Abby and Jennifer Blagg, Michelle Le, etc. I mean, neither LE nor professional search teams just randomly search areas along a massively long stretch of highway in the hopes that a psycho dumped a victim there. There has to be a reason to look in specific area. Otherwise, it;s worse than a needle in a haystack.

Yeah, but where to start? It's not like his cell phone pings can be followed. Think of how hard it is to find a body when we generally know where they are or could be? Michelle Parker, Kyron Horman, Lori Hacking, Jhessye Shockley, Abby and Jennifer Blagg, Michelle Le, etc. I mean, neither LE nor professional search teams just randomly search areas along a massively long stretch of highway in the hopes that a psycho dumped a victim there. There has to be a reason to look in specific area. Otherwise, it;s worse than a needle in a haystack.

Very true Gitana. Looks like all we can do is wait, hope and pray. This is in Gods hands.

Bryce's case reminds me of Maura Murray a bit.

Strange behavior in the days leading up to the disappearance, car accident in the night, and then just vanished. Both seemed to have involved/supportive families and significant others.

I sincerely hope that Bryce will not be missing for as long as Maura has. Wherever Bryce is, I hope for a quick resolution to this case so that the Laspisa's and Kslyfoxy can have peace of mind.

Bryce's case reminds me of Maura Murray a bit.

Strange behavior in the days leading up to the disappearance, car accident in the night, and then just vanished. Both seemed to have involved/supportive families and significant others.

I sincerely hope that Bryce will not be missing for as long as Maura has. Wherever Bryce is, I hope for a quick resolution to this case so that the Laspisa's and Kslyfoxy can have peace of mind.

Thank you. Here is a link about Maura's case for those not familiar

Disappearance of Maura Murray - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

RBBM

True, and why I had suggested a low key air search of those areas by the CAP. Something unusual within 100' of a road should be visible from the air on a low altitude search given the scrub brush should not be hiding something the size of remains. Yes, it's grasping at straws, but I would want to rule out the obvious before I made an assumption that he had wandered of into another life.

I am still pondering the cause of him crashing the SUV over the embankment and onto the ramp road. An attempt to access the ramp road "off hours" that went awry (and why), or a true accident because of disorientation or confusion in the dark? I still think there was some reason he wanted to get down to the boat ramp.

This possibility has crossed my mind as well. And if Bryce was disorientated for any reason, that could make him more vulnerable to a scary predator. But I'm choosing to have hope that this is not the case.

Your welcome. Well, your theories about Bryce possibly being in the surrounding areas or in the lake are based in logic and other share those theories. But, IMO, other more hopeful theories are based in logic too.

My reasoning for thinking he is likely not in the lake have to do with the type of lake it is (really a man made dam in the desert, with a lot of visibility comparatively speaking and hardly any brush in it), how hard it is to keep a body submerged for long periods, even when weighted and tied down (think Laci Peterson), the fact that we know he's not being held down by his vehicle, which is one of the best ways to keep a person submerged in water, and the extensive searches of the lake.

You all know my reasons for thinking he is unlikely to be lying somewhere around the lake.

But I wonder what you think of the possibility that he simply left the area, hitching out with a trucker or someone unaware that he is missing, and blended into a homeless population somewhere? I made an extensive list of cases, many involving college kids, who disappeared without a trace, often leaving everything traceable behind, or everything they would seem to need to survive, and yet they remained alive and out of sight.

I agree there is logic to the less hopeful theories. I can't ignore stats. But there is logic to hope in this case as well, I think. And the more hopeful theories are what I'm concentrating on because, in part, there really isn't much that can be done to help find Bryce, really, otherwise but also because that's where I'm at right now based on the info we know up to this point.

Above BBM Print flyers and hand them out at homeless shelters or to homeless people you feel safe approaching. Handing out flyers at truck stops. Spreading the word about Bryce to friends and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9