CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That first one has been identified as Anthony Conners, a jogger hit by a car, apparently. Sad loss for his family, sympathies. Here's the full story: http://www.bnd.com/2013/02/14/2496432/police-man-found-dead-in.html

Thanks, deicide, for finding these :)

Wait...not sure this is the same case. The man in the link deicide posted was just found Oct 30, in Silt, CO. Anthony Conners, the jogger, was in IL, I gather, and the article is dated Feb 14, 2013...right?

deicide's first link IS worrisome. It says: The body has yet to be identified, and is described as a white male, 20-30 years old with red hair, blue eyes and multiple tattoos.

No news at all - Amanda shared some cool info from her time in Buttonwillow. Homeless saw Bryce speaking casually with someone about the same age. It was in the last string - look for her posts. Thanks, Quester - your timeline is still incredibly valuable and valid - thank you for all of that work. Maybe post the link to it again so new folks on the string can review the PDF as well. No news from Dragracerz for a while :(

Good to see you here! :seeya:

Thanks, Rose! :wave:

Here's the link to the last posted BL Case Timeline:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #5

Not much added to it since then so I haven't posted a newer one.

Wait...not sure this is the same case. The man in the link deicide posted was just found Oct 30, in Silt, CO. Anthony Conners, the jogger, was in IL, I gather, and the article is dated Feb 14, 2013...right?

deicide's first link IS worrisome. It says: The body has yet to be identified, and is described as a white male, 20-30 years old with red hair, blue eyes and multiple tattoos.

Yes, darn me, you are right - I couldn't read the whole article in the link (had to be a subscriber) but searched for the same info. My bad - and that does sound very troublesome - thanks, slowpoke!! Man, scary.... :facepalm:

Okay, found the article (here's link again: http://www.postindependent.com/news/8715851-113/body-ditch-police-levy , editing this now to add the phone number to call with any information, 970-876-2735, the Silt, Colorado police dept. I or someone can send an email to DRZ? Or CatFancier?
EDIT: I sent message to DRZ so he knows of the article and phone number.

Woe just so you know I was there at night and it was pitch dark at the site. No lights. Moon didn't help.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Have you seen the picturesque photo of the lake area taken from the large window inside the church?
The church is elevated near Lake Hughes road I believe. Not being able to see the setting in person, I wanted clarification that the view in the photo is the view looking out onto the Castaic lake.
The picture shows a night scene with tons of lights shining off on the horizon.

The lights don't provide direct light of course but they indicate buildings or a town beyond the lake area so it wouldn't be as if you were standing in the middle of a dark forest in complete darkness. Make sense?

Where are they searching this weekend, do we know? Are they searching the lake area?

Unless it's just the location, the black screens of the live webcams suggest there aren't many lights to me.

http://www.castaiclake.com/webcam.html

Not direct lighting. Just wondering when looking out beyond where you are standing, if you can see lights. Sort of like the Three Wisemen could. Oh, those were stars. I see in the photos Eileen posted, Castaic Lake area has stars too. :blushing:

Woe I have some pictures of the crash site when I was there that I can try to post later. There's very few lights whatsoever that are viewable from there.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

@ kslyfoxy

This case has stagnated ...

What can you share with us?

Any idea what's taking so long to identify the body found in Colorado?
The body was found two full days ago now (Wednesday afternoon).
Am I too demanding?

Thank you for everyone who is trying to help and I know that Bryce's family and I appreciate the time and money you have spent trying to help us find Bryce. I understand your desire for more information, but it is not really my place to be the one to give it out because I want to respect Bryce's and his family's privacy. LE has been told all that I know and I know they spoke with Sean and some of Bryce's other friends as well. I can answer some of your questions though. Sean was not planning on moving out prior to Bryce's disappearance. After Bryce went missing, it was not practical for his parents to pay rent for a place that Bryce was not living in, so it was decided that Sean should move into a one bedroom apartment. I think Sean has family in New York so he was considering moving to New York but decided not to and instead moved into a one bedroom apartment. If you have other specific questions I will try to answer them as best as I can. Again, I appreciate your help and I hope that Bryce is found soon because I miss him a lot.

What was Bryce's behavior prior to the missing adventure? Had his personality changed in the days before? Was he wanting to quit school?

Thank you for everyone who is trying to help and I know that Bryce's family and I appreciate the time and money you have spent trying to help us find Bryce. I understand your desire for more information, but it is not really my place to be the one to give it out because I want to respect Bryce's and his family's privacy. LE has been told all that I know and I know they spoke with Sean and some of Bryce's other friends as well. I can answer some of your questions though. Sean was not planning on moving out prior to Bryce's disappearance. After Bryce went missing, it was not practical for his parents to pay rent for a place that Bryce was not living in, so it was decided that Sean should move into a one bedroom apartment. I think Sean has family in New York so he was considering moving to New York but decided not to and instead moved into a one bedroom apartment. If you have other specific questions I will try to answer them as best as I can. Again, I appreciate your help and I hope that Bryce is found soon because I miss him a lot.

Thank you for coming on and giving us this information. Thoughts and prayers to you and his family.

Here is another Good Idea towards helping find the Missing:

At the Moment it is only operating in Europe but they are waiting for the go ahead for USA and Canada to start soon:

"Thousands of children go missing every year across Europe. Thanks to the NotFound project, you can make a difference. Install our application and a picture of a missing child automatically gets published on every ‘page not found’ of your website. Together, we can find them."

http://notfound.org/

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep/28/business/la-fi-tn-404-error-page-missing-children-20120927

Hoping for some news of Bryce soon....

<modsnip>

This is very true, but there is a flip side.

If he was high, or coming down, crashed that car and then stumbled off and succumbed to his injuries or otherwise perished, then yes, the more knowledge we have as searchers the better (in reality, the only ones who truly need this information however is those who are putting together searches for him though).

So, the flip side?
Well, let's say that he was using and for any number of reasons ran from that crash (fear of disappointing, fear that the cops would find drugs in his system and be arrested, wanting to start fresh, in some sort of psychosis, etc) well, the more info that is put out about the harder it gets for him to come forward. Now his little mishap has made the news and he has even more pressure to face and that may be too much for someone who was very likely fragile to start with.

I just wish, that if he is out there, alive, that he knows that he is 19, he is not wanted by the police, that if he is ok, that he can let LE know and they will not make him go home if that's not what he wants. He can call home, he can call LE, he can call a helpline, go to a church, a shelter; all of them if given permission can contact his family for him.

I do believe that there are a few totally plausible scenarios in this case. Unfortunately they are on completely opposite ends of the spectrum and that makes a case really hard to work for all involved. It also makes it even harder for the family because it is a constant roller coaster ride.

I think the part that is key, is that those creating search plans need to know the whole truth, as it absolutely does make a difference in the chances of a find. The issue here is that the public does not fall under this umbrella. So, while I agree the truth needs to be out there to the right people (and it may very well be, we don't know), not only does it not need to be, it should not be public information, if there is a chance the missing person is alive and may be afraid/ashamed to come home.

Many kids have googled themselves or heard from others and found out that their lives were splattered all over the net and felt like their lives were ruined (not true, as in time it fades and life goes on, but it doesn't seem that way to them at the time). It has sent more than one missing further into hiding before, making it even more difficult to locate them.

The body in the ditch is near Bakersfield, right? I'm horrified and scared. Way too similar and too close.

Hi sweetheart. Thank you so much for giving us info and staying strong. Welcome here.

Gitana, if you are talking the Cactus Valley one, no, it is Colorado.

This reminds me so much of the Maura Murray case. I understand that some of the missing persons backround can be benifical to the case however, look what happened in the MM case. Her father has been accused of hiding every not so nice thing about her. All these parents want to do is find their babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme