CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said searches weren't going to continue? And I missed the memo that showed that the family said Bryce had a head injury and that's why he is missing. They appear to have used the word "may" a lot and also appear to be trying every angle and to have accepted various possibilities.

No complex conspiracy here. No secret info, IMO. Just desperate loved ones trying everything they can to bring their boy home.

I don't want to speak for Dragracerz, but since he hasn't been on in awhile, I thought I'd refer back to one of his posts. I think the family suspects he "may" have a head injury, and that was part of the reason behind adding "medical needs" to the flyers. He discusses it some in this post: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #5. Specifically Dragz says "I truly think that Bryce needs medical attention due to a head injury, as does LASD because he has been listed as a critical missing person since day one. LE has to have someone within their dept. with medical backround authorize it before someone is listed as critical, they felt he could have head trauma and therefore listed him this way."

That said I too have noticed the family uses "may" a lot and I think it's a really good thing, because it means they're considering many possibilities. We've also seen that here with posts from the verified insiders. I think doing what they can to help alleviate any pressure Bryce might be feeling is a good and compassionate idea. Since we (and his loved ones) don't know what's happened/happening, he "may" be out there and feeling embarrassed, intimidated, pressured, etc. It's another possible scenario, and I think they're trying something that might help if that's the case. JMO and all.

On a separate note, the 18 year old boy David Soto was found safe: Found Safe CA - David Allen Soto, 18, Wildomar, 5 Nov 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community. I log on every single day hoping to see "Found Safe" - for Bryce of course, but it warms my heart to see it on any of our missing forum cases.

I was so pumped when I saw that this afternoon. In all, there were four MP listed here at WS who were found alive today. All of them had disappeared earlier this week, but it does give hope for others who are missing longer to be found.

Recovered/Located Amber Alert: Paisley Rebekah Mealor, 2yrs, Commerce, 11/8/13 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Found Safe NH - Kimberley Sanborn, Portsmouth, 16, 6 Nov 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Found Alive LA - Bethany Arceneaux, 29 - Lafayette - 6 Nov 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

There is always hope, as long as missing people are found, there is hope. Let's continue to hope for Bryce.

Who said searches weren't going to continue? And I missed the memo that showed that the family said Bryce had a head injury and that's why he is missing. They appear to have used the word "may" a lot and also appear to be trying every angle and to have accepted various possibilities.

No complex conspiracy here. No secret info, IMO. Just desperate loved ones trying everything they can to bring their boy home.

Objection! – Aggressive; Mischaracterization; Exaggeration; Dramatization; Overlooked the “JMO”s and “MOO”s :giggle:

BBM Really? There was a memo issued?

Objection! – Aggressive; Mischaracterization; Exaggeration; Dramatization; Overlooked the “JMO”s and “MOO”s :giggle:

Okay, okay. Sustained! I guess it was a bit aggressive. My apologies. I suppose I feel a bit defensive for the family. I wasn't around when whatever occurred here on the thread that caused an admonition by the mods and I'm glad I wasn't because just hearing that they were once again criticized makes me quite upset. They are in a vulnerable enough position as it is and it just feels like kicking a dog when it's down.

Also, I feel like sometimes posts are fishing for a way to say either that they have all this inside info that they are not sharing to Bryce's detriment or that they are being delusional or have been delusional and should face facts or admit they were wrong, or whatever. I don't like that feeling.

So, I got a bit annoyed!

BBM Really? There was a memo issued?

No. There wasn't one at all, which was my point. Bryce's loved ones have expressed hopes, opinions, etc., but they have never stated definitively what has happened to Bryce because they don;t know. And the FB for Bryce indicates they are open to various possibilties.

I'm wondering if Bryce would have any telephone numbers if he wanted to contact someone other than family or very closed loved ones, or LE, and let them know he was okay. A college friend, for example.

Without his cell, or access to the internet, would he remember/be able to find any numbers?

I have two very deep concerns about Bryce's case.

1. If publicity is allowed to die down now, it will be incredibly difficult to come back from that position when the public's help is needed again ( and it will be needed if Bryce does not come forward, because the public are the best chance of finding him).

2.) If it's the wish that Bryce should see only a quiet, sympathetic concern for him, if he searches online, the FB page should be ruled with a rod of iron, or deleted altogether if that's not possible, in my opinion. Other than news articles, the FB page is what he'll find if he searches. It is all very well deleting negative comments, but if supporters are then allowed to discuss them, Bryce will still know there has been negativity and criticism. He just won't know what it was. That could be worse than knowing.

Perhaps a wordpress blog or web site would be a better option now - although that's not going to capture the large number of Bryce's peer group that FB does.

I am biased, no doubt. I think FB has great advantages, but I also think it has some huge drawbacks too.

I'm still wishing with all my heart that Bryce can join our ranks of 'Found Safe' one day soon.

Bryce, if you are reading here, this message is for you: I've followed many of these cases. I know exactly what will happen when you come home. Your mom and dad and girlfriend will be GRATEFUL. For those closest to you, it will be one of the best days of their lives. Your parents will want to hug you and your mom will cry a little, with happiness. But you can handle that.

No one will be angry with you. No one. Everyone will just be thankful you are okay and your closest loved ones will apologize if they've done anything to upset you.

Your family will let the public know you're safe and okay and they will ask for privacy for you and that's exactly what you will get- privacy. You will not be hounded by the news or the police. There are too many cases and too many stories for that.

Those closest to you may want to talk to you and tell you they are happy you're home. You will have the choice who you want to talk to. It's unlikely many will pry too much. Those who know you but aren't as close as family or good friends, will hear that you're home, be glad and move on with the next thing in their lives. Coming home will not be the spectacle you
Might assume it will be. I guarantee it.

After you come home, you will likely lay low for awhile. The next steps of your life will be totally up to you. No pressure.

Everythings going to be alright. Please just come home.

Beautiful message gitana1
, if he is not ready to come out, just one phone call to her mother saying he's alright and will come home soon, Just 1 phone call will make a lot of difference.

If Bryce googles himself, wouldn't that be because he wants to see how many people are looking for him? And then if he sees that there is nothing up about him, wouldn't that make him feel like no one cares? I get what the family means, when they say that seeing 13,000 people on a FB page for him could make him nervous about coming home, but I feel like if he is googling himself when he's missing, what does he hope to find? What does he want the results to reveal? That people are looking for him, or that no one is? The (probably) only way Bryce is going to run into media coverage about his case is he makes the conscious decision to look for it.

So basically, IMO, any missing person who googles themselves is doing so because they want to know that people do care, and that people are looking for them.

I'm using Firefox. Are you still having problems?

O/T: Yep, problems persist - problems for past 3-4 days; extremely slow page reloads; pages that don't finish loading; and a generally frustratingly unusable Websleuths website experience. My computer operates as normal on all other websites. I have done a cold boot, checked for upgraded software, etc.

Good to know that you're using Firefox and you're not having problems.

Guess it's true that the Mods did zap me, and zapped me good! :giggle:

I just hope he's not lying dead out there somewhere and everyone stops looking because they just assume he is in hiding which may not be the case at all.

It weighs heavily on my mind that his behavior was very bizarre Kslyfoxy couldn't elaborate out of respect. Why would he take his laptop, cell, wallet, bag of clothing to only leave it behind? Why would he leave his beloved high top shoes, Xbox and other belonging at the apt?

This doesn't make any sense. I just hope this isn't one of those cases where he is missing for years until someone stumbles across a body thats his because we stopped looking.

I don't understand why equipment and cameras can reach the bottom of the ocean, but not the bottom of Castaic Lake? How can the lake be ruled out if the whole thing hasn't been searched? It would sure narrow things down one way or the other IMO.

I have two very deep concerns about Bryce's case.

1. If publicity is allowed to die down now, it will be incredibly difficult to come back from that position when the public's help is needed again ( and it will be needed if Bryce does not come forward, because the public are the best chance of finding him).

2.) If it's the wish that Bryce should see only a quiet, sympathetic concern for him, if he searches online, the FB page should be ruled with a rod of iron, or deleted altogether if that's not possible, in my opinion. Other than news articles, the FB page is what he'll find if he searches. It is all very well deleting negative comments, but if supporters are then allowed to discuss them, Bryce will still know there has been negativity and criticism. He just won't know what it was. That could be worse than knowing.

Perhaps a wordpress blog or web site would be a better option now - although that's not going to capture the large number of Bryce's peer group that FB does.

I am biased, no doubt. I think FB has great advantages, but I also think it has some huge drawbacks too.

I'm still wishing with all my heart that Bryce can join our ranks of 'Found Safe' one day soon.

There is no publicity now. None. At all.

If Bryce googles himself, wouldn't that be because he wants to see how many people are looking for him? And then if he sees that there is nothing up about him, wouldn't that make him feel like no one cares? I get what the family means, when they say that seeing 13,000 people on a FB page for him could make him nervous about coming home, but I feel like if he is googling himself when he's missing, what does he hope to find? What does he want the results to reveal? That people are looking for him, or that no one is? The (probably) only way Bryce is going to run into media coverage about his case is he makes the conscious decision to look for it.

So basically, IMO, any missing person who googles themselves is doing so because they want to know that people do care, and that people are looking for them.

There will never be nothing about Bryce being missing if he googles himself. Too late for that.

<modsnip>.

His family has been pretty clear that this would not be an issue for them. They are not rigid that way, according to Drag and haven't been.

Hey Bryce, if you happen to be reading here...
&#8220;Life takes us to unexpected places... love brings us home.&#8221;
&#8213; Unknown Author 770
Everything will be okay kiddo. Let home know you are out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez