CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think they know where's he's at but he won't come home? This is mind blowing they wouldn't even have to be at the lake while the searches are going on. Why would they have called off the last one and no more vigils? They seem to be busy people and have lots of social stuff going on in their lives. The are still functioning by staying busy which is good.

Do you think they know where's he's at but he won't come home? This is mind blowing they wouldn't even have to be at the lake while the searches are going on. Why would they have called off the last one and no more vigils? They seem to be busy people and have lots of social stuff going on in their lives. The are still functioning by staying busy which is good.

In the article below the previous PI that was working on his case states: Officials are no longer searching, she said, having deemed Laspisa “a willfully missing adult.” and then also states: “The moral necessity is that his family be informed that he is alright, and he’s OK, ” she said. “They would love the opportunity to rebuild the relationship.”

The family, LE and the PI seemed convinced, as of the beginning of this year, that he walked away willingly. I would love to know why they believed this to be true and I really do hope it wasn't simply because they didn't find his body and the family doesn't want to believe that he is dead.

Link to the article referenced above:
http://scvnews.com/2014/01/01/search-still-on-for-missing-teen-pi-hired/

I do remember it, but the discussion didn't get very far at all before it was stopped. There was speculation at the time that she was a half-sister and discussion of how that would have played into the family dynamics.

It's possible things were even removed (I don't recall), so maybe y'all didn't see those posts.

Yes, a theory that surfaced way back was that perhaps Bryce wanted to tell his parents that he was gay. Some people's opinions were that perhaps his parents wouldn't be accepting of such a lifestyle and perhaps it would lead to an estrangement and so perhaps he split to go live his life on his own. His uncle and his ex girlfriend both posted several threads back that they did not believe he was gay.

In the article below the previous PI that was working on his case states: Officials are no longer searching, she said, having deemed Laspisa “a willfully missing adult.” and then also states: “The moral necessity is that his family be informed that he is alright, and he’s OK, ” she said. “They would love the opportunity to rebuild the relationship.”

The family, LE and the PI seemed convinced, as of the beginning of this year, that he walked away willingly. I would love to know why they believed this to be true and I really do hope it wasn't simply because they didn't find his body and the family doesn't want to believe that he is dead.

Link to the article referenced above:
http://scvnews.com/2014/01/01/search-still-on-for-missing-teen-pi-hired/

BRBM: IIRC, the Lomax family was told by LE something similar about LinneaL's disappearance.

About 2-3 months later, Linnea's brave mom who was out with a Klaas search group discovered her deceased daughter. [Continued hugs to mom and RIP sweet Linnea.]

I'm thinking “a willfully missing adult” is code for LE believing suicide but not having evidence (the body) to convince the family. JMO

“They would love the opportunity to rebuild the relationship.”

What broke the relationship that the PI stated the family wanted to "rebuild"? TIA

Yes, a theory that surfaced way back was that perhaps Bryce wanted to tell his parents that he was gay. Some people's opinions were that perhaps his parents wouldn't be accepting of such a lifestyle and perhaps it would lead to an estrangement and so perhaps he split to go live his life on his own. His uncle and his ex girlfriend both posted several threads back that they did not believe he was gay.

His GF at the time KS said after he broke up with her days later he wanted to marry her so I don't believe that theory. But again who knows.

I don't always believe PI's I believe they can string families along that their loved ones are still out there in order to continue paid hourly services. If they said they believed he was deceased families would no longer need their services. Right? No services no pay.

Laspisas could have been mislead into thinking he is still out there.

Please search the lake.

His GF at the time KS said after he broke up with her days later he wanted to marry her so I don't believe that theory. But again who knows.

I don't always believe PI's I believe they can string families along that their loved ones are still out there in order to continue paid hourly services. If they said they believed he was deceased families would no longer need their services. Right? No services no pay.

Laspisas could have been mislead into thinking he is still out there.

Please search the lake.

BBM

Well, if he did talk to her about marrying her he also broke up with her again after that (which was their very last interaction) BUT I agree with you and don't believe that theory, either. (I was trying to delicately/carefully bring up how his estranged sister was brought into the discussion back then without breaking TOS.)

If BL is in hiding it is either in the Chicago area with friends or with relatives in another state who may have a conflict with BL's parents. However, as indicated in a previous post, I believe that BL's life ended in the lake.

Of course it's hard but hey your the parents and Bryce needs to be found!! Funerals are very difficult especially a family member but you do it anyway. I believe it is the job of the parents of a missing child to continue searching all avenues to bring them home alive or deceased for a proper burial and not just sit back and wait till something happens to show up especially when right now there is an opportunity to locate him if he's in the lake.

I agree. The ONE place they KNOW he was is in the Castaic Lake area. If my child went missing and that was all I knew I would continue to search there ad nauseam until some other evidence comes in pointing conclusively to him physically being in another location. I'm holding out hope that they will coordinate an independent search of the lake.

OK … is there a chance that ML is not BL's bio-dad and BL had just learned of that prior to going missing? TIA

Note: IIRC, earlier in the summer before BL went missing, BL got that very large tattoo which included BL's birth date, astrological sign, and large letters “M” and “K”. I chalked it up to a foolish [bc I don't like tattoos] move by a young man but perhaps it was an exaggerated and expressed symbol of conflict? :dunno:

I agree. The ONE place they KNOW he was is in the Castaic Lake area. If my child went missing and that was all I knew I would continue to search there ad nauseam until some other evidence comes in pointing conclusively to him physically being in another location. I'm holding out hope that they will coordinate an independent search of the lake.

I do continue daily to pray for Bryce and his family. To give his parents the strength and courage they need to continue on with searches. It seems they are praying and asking for prayers to bring him home instead of prayers to lead us to him.

OK … is there a chance that ML is not BL's bio-dad and BL had just learned of that prior to going missing? TIA

Note: IIRC, earlier in the summer before BL went missing, BL got that very large tattoo which included BL's birth date, astrological sign, and large letters “M” and “K”. I chalked it up to a foolish [bc I don't like tattoos] move by a young man but perhaps it was an exaggerated and expressed symbol of conflict? :dunno:

I think Bryce looks so much like his Dad. I'm sure ML is his biological. Their are pics on ML's FB.

BRBM: IIRC, the Lomax family was told by LE something similar about LinneaL's disappearance.

About 2-3 months later, Linnea's brave mom who was out with a Klaas search group discovered her deceased daughter. [Continued hugs to mom and RIP sweet Linnea.]

I'm thinking “a willfully missing adult” is code for LE believing suicide but not having evidence (the body) to convince the family. JMO

“They would love the opportunity to rebuild the relationship.”

What broke the relationship that the PI stated the family wanted to "rebuild"? TIA

BBM That's the million dollar question, isn't it? I wonder what the conversation was like once Bryce finally spoke to his mother before he crashed his car. Remember, he had been ignoring her calls for almost 24 hours and she had the police called out to find him (and had his car searched.)

BBM That's the million dollar question, isn't it? I wonder what the conversation was like once Bryce finally spoke to his mother before he crashed his car. Remember, he had been ignoring her calls for almost 24 hours and she had the police called out to find him (and had his car searched.)

Agreed!

But, BL reportedly was ignoring everyone's calls to him from the time he left Chico until he was forced to call his mom because the "welfare" check guy told him he had to because his mom requested it.

Ugh! Re-SEARCH THE DAMN LAKE AND SURROUNDING AREA!!!!!

:hills:

Agreed. We will never know the context of the conversation. I wonder if there could have been a huge heated argument transpired between Mom and Bryce as Mom knew KS and roommate had taken his keys and why. Mom told them to give Bryce the keys back. I'm sure Mom was informed of the Vyvanese use and erratic behavior that's probably why mom ordered the first well check by LE. The LE check probably pissed Bryce off. IIRC believe Bryce had just recently got off probation for a marijuana charge so I'm sure there was a heated argument between Mom and him. Mom could have been ordering Bryce to get home told him he was in some deep sh** going to take truck away because of all the past problems Bryce was having and family dealing with. GEO22 brought up more instances in his post.

He could have just saw no end to his troubles, couldn't deal with everything and said screw it and went into the lake as a *advertiser censored** everyone attitude.

When he first went missing K&M Laspisa kept telling Bryce on the local news channels he was not in trouble. I remember ML speaking directly to Bryce on video saying "you have been in situations before we can work this out"

At that point of time it could have been too late. Bryce might have already taken his life.

Quester, you get the Golden Ticket.

How do you know this for sure GEO22? I'm confused now :(

I'm confused too. I can understand being shocked and upset over surprising family info....even angry, but disappearing for over a year? This doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper