CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only possible reason I can find for disowning a JL can be found when doing a public records search through DuPage county and googling the other party...

The only possible reason I can find for disowning a JL can be found when doing a public records search through DuPage county and googling the other party...

Who is disowning a "JL"? And who is the "other party"?

I'm getting a bit lost on this issue of the sibling, but I do think it makes sense to try and determine if there *is* a disenfranchised sister, and if so, has Bryce opted to be disenfranchised in alliance with her? Sounds pretty far fetched, I admit, but at this point who knows. This is a confounding case for sure. Logically, it seems the highest probability is that this poor young man has been missed in the lake. However, there do seem to be legitimate indicators (as pointed out by trackergd and others), that he may have walked. Unlikely, but within the realm of possibility. If Bryce *did* walk, I wonder if he has been in contact with the sibling?

The sibling was discussed numerous threads ago and we were told that we weren't allowed to sleuth her and post our findings as she is a family member.

I don't think this possible JL sibling who is by the way an adult has anything to do with Bryce disappearance. She is a FB friend on all the L's FB pages and also likes the FindBryceLaspisa FB page. Respectfully, I think the investigator would have already checked out this theory and if she had any involvement which I highly doubt. But then again you never know.

From a SAR Manager point of view...my frustration is that there appears to be no movement on doing an ROV w/side scan sonar or diver search of the lake, notably near the dam and the boat ramp. I am at a loss to explain why this is not already underway. I would have done everything possible to make it happen. If one scenario can be eliminated, it gives additional momentum to the other scenario.

We can sleuth and scratch out heads till the cows come home, without further investigation into all possible scenarios, this case will go cold again.

As information has come out in bits and pieces, it is clear that we were initially working without all the facts on the table. As to the current state of the investigation, the moment emotional control enters the investigation, the investigation slows to a crawl...or even stops. I have seen it too many times.

I don't think this possible JL sibling who is by the way an adult has anything to do with Bryce disappearance. She is a FB friend on all the L's FB pages and also likes the FindBryceLaspisa FB page. Respectfully, I think the investigator would have already checked out this theory and if she had any involvement which I highly doubt. But then again you never know.

thank you for this information...

:tyou:

From a SAR Manager point of view...my frustration is that there appears to be no movement on doing an ROV w/side scan sonar or diver search of the lake, notably near the dam and the boat ramp. I am at a loss to explain why this is not already underway. I would have done everything possible to make it happen. If one scenario can be eliminated, it gives additional momentum to the other scenario.

We can sleuth and scratch out heads till the cows come home, without further investigation into all possible scenarios, this case will go cold again.

As information has come out in bits and pieces, it is clear that we were initially working without all the facts on the table. As to the current state of the investigation, the moment emotional control enters the investigation, the investigation slows to a crawl...or even stops. I have seen it too many times.

Above post should be posted at the top of each page of this thread! JMHO

The cows have come home and it's time to properly re-search that lake! :moo:

hmm I must have missed that he had a sister. I thought everything reported said he was an only child. the plot thickens.

Above post should be posted at the top of each page of this thread! JMHO

The cows have come home and it's time to properly re-search that lake! :moo:

This is why I'm so frustrated. I've seen this posted over and over on the find BL FB page. Please search the lake. The family just doesn't want to period. I don't get it. I'm baffled. No vigils, searches, nothing. I myself would be willing to help search and I'm sure many others as well.

I agree with you that more should be done. I think the issue lies in the fact that LE has convinced the family that they have cleared the lake. It definitely doesn't help the search efforts when LE convinces a family (with no experience in what it takes to clear a large body of water with 100% certainty) that their loved one isn't in the lake....especially when that family, as tends to be human nature, doesn't want to believe their child is deceased.

After a year of no resolution I think it's wise to go back to square one and start over.

MOO

hmm I must have missed that he had a sister. I thought everything reported said he was an only child. the plot thickens.

I thought I knew everything about this case but I did not know about BL's sister. However, I do not think that her existence is relevant to solving the case. From an online search, she appears to be age 25 and live in the the Chicago suburbs not far from where BL used to live. It is most likely that she is a half-sister.

This is why I'm so frustrated. I've seen this posted over and over on the find BL FB page. Please search the lake. The family just doesn't want to period. I don't get it. I'm baffled. No vigils, searches, nothing. I myself would be willing to help search and I'm sure many others as well.

Are those please-search-the-lake posts on FB just deleted or are they ever responded to? TIA

I know this is not correct but why do I keep thinking the time post-BL-missing is proving to be an example of some twisted version of Munchausen syndrome by proxy, with regard to the receiving of attention?

I know this is not correct but why do I keep thinking the time post-BL-missing is proving to be an example of some twisted version of Munchausen syndrome by proxy, with regard to the receiving of attention?

I would hate to think this is even remotely the case. I have to believe the mom and dad would do just about anything to have their boy found, preferably alive and well. I do, however, think there are some mental instabilities playing a factor in how the case is proceeding, or not proceeding.

As with most people, I too think the lake needs to be searched once again and this has been my opinion from the beginning. As one poster stated, I think the family has given too much weight in law enforcement's opinion that Bryce left the area and could not be anywhere near or in the lake. As a parent I would search that area until I was told by the authorities that I'm no longer allowed to search. Bryce being in that area is, in my opinion, the only scenario that makes sense. I just don't see an over-indulged 20 year old kid wandering the streets eating out of trash cans. It's not him. If it had only been a month or two I might buy in to that theory, but it's been over a year with absolutely no sign of Bryce. Please, please Mr. and Mrs. Laspisa - HAVE THE LAKE (AND SURROUNDING AREA) SEARCHED!

I would hate to think this is even remotely the case. I have to believe the mom and dad would do just about anything to have their boy found, preferably alive and well. I do, however, think there are some mental instabilities playing a factor in how the case is proceeding, or not proceeding.

As with most people, I too think the lake needs to be searched once again and this has been my opinion from the beginning. As one poster stated, I think the family has given too much weight in law enforcement's opinion that Bryce left the area and could not be anywhere near or in the lake. As a parent I would search that area until I was told by the authorities that I'm no longer allowed to search. Bryce being in that area is, in my opinion, the only scenario that makes sense. I just don't see an over-indulged 20 year old kid wandering the streets eating out of trash cans. It's not him. If it had only been a month or two I might buy in to that theory, but it's been over a year with absolutely no sign of Bryce. Please, please Mr. and Mrs. Laspisa - HAVE THE LAKE (AND SURROUNDING AREA) SEARCHED!

As a parent it would literally drive me insane wondering daily morning, noon and night if he's out there somewhere safe or in pain and in bad hands. If he is deceased and found you have some closure and can try to heal and move on with your life with bereavement support groups, your church and pastor to help. Healing and moving on does not mean forgetting your loved one. At least you would be able to know where your child is bring flowers and prayers anytime and know he's in gods loving safe hands.

That's why when parents of missing children are found years later deceased in a way they feel a sense of relief closure and can now start the healing process. Not knowing has to be the worst.

The sibling was discussed numerous threads ago and we were told that we weren't allowed to sleuth her and post our findings as she is a family member.
Really??? I've followed this case very closely and I don't remember anything about a sibling. I'm losing it. :gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member