CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My prayers for the last year and two months is that Bryce be found hopefully alive but found . God gives us free will. Sometimes bad things can't be prevented.

Agreed!

Please, could you describe how that applies in this particular case? TIA

As I see it, and I could be very wrong, the Ls have been/are exhibiting signs of wishful thinking at this point one year on. And, well-wishers continue kindly offering prayers, one year on, but I question whether or not that action is in part perpetuating the wishful thinking part. JMVHO

From the one month missing mark to current, the focus appears to be only on finding a live BL.

I'm beginning to see signs of two completely different cases having more in common than I ever imagined possible. The JahiM case where her parents are of the belief their brain-dead and coroner certified dead child will "rise" again and this case where no apparent effort is being made, since one month missing, to locate what are sadly, and most likely, missing remains. Both families, in my very humble opinion, are equally misguided. :( I hope I'm wrong on the Ls.

Quester you are very wise and I enjoy reading your post. You are able to write down exactly what I am thinking as well. Thank you.

Since the lake is public, it should not be an issue for a group of "recreational" divers to have an impromptu "training dive". If they "just happen" to stumble across evidence...well, it was just some crazy dumb luck...right? Have I seen this happen before? Ummmm, "possibly".... :innocent:

Trackergd: Is there anything that would prohibit a search being organized by somebody other than the family? Is this something that perhaps you're able to organize since you are the SAR expert? I know we would all love to see the family do this, however, I personally just want the lake searched by any means possible. TIA

Quester you are very wise and I enjoy reading your post. You are able to write down exactly what I am thinking as well. Thank you.

:tyou: and right back at you!

I've much appreciated learning of your hard earned knowledge about the misuse of the ADHD drug and how it may have affected BL's actions in the few days leading up to his missing status. So sad to hear/read so many college students casually misusing the drug when the side effects/aftermath appear to be so devastating.

Also, so appreciate all WSers and WS, where everyone brings their know-how to the table in search of the missing/lost/wronged.

Something just dawned on me I only live an hour from Castaic and I will never forget that week Bryce went missing, It was Labor Day weekend super hot in the triple digits so unbearably hot we ran our air 24/7 which is unusual for us. A busy weekend for boating and waterskiing people were probably drinking heavily due to the heat and just partying. Bryce loved to swim and I have no doubt as hot as it was he would have jumped in the lake at some point to swim, cool off, wash off or? Do you think it's possible he could have been hit by a intoxicated boater who didn't know or was scared and never came forward? His truck was found by the main boat launch. Sometimes when boats are going fast and the especially if the drivers intoxicated its hard to see someone in the lake without a vest on. That's why a flag is held up when a skier falls. It always makes me nervous sitting in the water with all the boats driving fast around me waiting to be pulled up on my ski. If he did go in the lake it could have been any time of the day. We don't know for sure what time he could have gone in. I googled this and there are many cases. Worst part is getting cut by the prop on the boat.

This has always bothered me and if anyone can clear it up I'd be grateful. His mother says something happened in the 10 hours he was in Buttonwillow when she spoke to him at 9pm. Does she know something or speculating?

10ish pm he tells her he's going to hang with friends, 11pm buys drink. Who are these friends and why didn't he just sleep there? I've always assumed if he visited friends it was between 12-1.50 since he told mom he was on I-5 and nothing more until 1.50 when he said he detoured off I-5 and was back on it.

Was he looking for water? Could some of the lost time have been him checking out Pyramid Lake? It's about 20 minutes from Castaic Travel time between 1.50 and 2.08 calls . I don't know how they close it up for night, just wondering if he tried, but could not access it. Pyramid is 1 to 1 1/2 hours drive from Buttonwillow depending on route taken.

She spoke to him again at 11, after 12, 1.50 and 2.08.

This has always bothered me and if anyone can clear it up I'd be grateful. His mother says something happened in the 10 hours he was in Buttonwillow when she spoke to him at 9pm. Does she know something or speculating?

10ish pm he tells her he's going to hang with friends, 11pm buys drink. Who are these friends and why didn't he just sleep there? I've always assumed if he visited friends it was between 12-1.50 since he told mom he was on I-5 and nothing more until 1.50 when he said he detoured off I-5 and was back on it.

Was he looking for water? Could some of the lost time have been him checking out Pyramid Lake? It's about 20 minutes from Castaic Travel time between 1.50 and 2.08 calls . I don't know how they close it up for night, just wondering if he tried, but could not access it. Pyramid is 1 to 1 1/2 hours drive from Buttonwillow depending on route taken.

Good questions. I forgot about Pyramid lake. Mom said parents address was only one in GPS. So many questions so few answers. I really don't think Bryce was thinking clearly at all. I'm sure there is more to this story that was kept private. He probably wasn't truthful with mom that night and had other intentions.

Use to waterski at Pyramid Lake in my younger years. They did lock it up at night and open the gates at 6 or 7 am. There was no overnight camping there. I remember getting up at 3 am, driving up there and waiting in line for what seemed like hours to be one of the first on the lake.

I'm still hung up on why the lake isn't be searched again, given the low water levels. At this point I can only conclude (speculation) that they have information that confirms he is still living.

I'm still hung up on why the lake isn't be searched again, given the low water levels. At this point I can only conclude (speculation) that they have information that confirms he is still living.

I don't think they know if he is alive or not according to KL's post on FInd BL FB page

FIND BRYCE LASPISA
October 2
It is very difficult to look at my son's beautiful face in all his pictures. Where can he be?? We continue to hope he is alive and will be found. Mike and I are grateful to have a new private investigator working with us. We also appreciate that people have not forgotten Bryce and continue to look for him and send us pictures when they see someone who resembles Bryce.

Something just dawned on me I only live an hour from Castaic and I will never forget that week Bryce went missing, It was Labor Day weekend super hot in the triple digits so unbearably hot we ran our air 24/7 which is unusual for us. A busy weekend for boating and waterskiing people were probably drinking heavily due to the heat and just partying. Bryce loved to swim and I have no doubt as hot as it was he would have jumped in the lake at some point to swim, cool off, wash off or? Do you think it's possible he could have been hit by a intoxicated boater who didn't know or was scared and never came forward? His truck was found by the main boat launch. Sometimes when boats are going fast and the especially if the drivers intoxicated its hard to see someone in the lake without a vest on. That's why a flag is held up when a skier falls. It always makes me nervous sitting in the water with all the boats driving fast around me waiting to be pulled up on my ski. If he did go in the lake it could have been any time of the day. We don't know for sure what time he could have gone in. I googled this and there are many cases. Worst part is getting cut by the prop on the boat.

Interesting thought however the lake wasn't open when he went missing. Also, the police were called out an hour prior to the lake being open and were searching on and around the lake prior to it becoming busy with boaters and water skiers (and most wouldn't be drunk that early in the morning, I would hope.) If, by some chance, he was able to hide out and then go back into the lake to swim the chances of an intoxicated person hitting him and his body disappearing would be so incredibly slim that I doubt it was a possibility. BUT at this point, with how little we know, I admit that anything could have happened. MOO.

Catching up....
When he said he was going to "hang with friends" it was in reference to what he was going to do when he came home to Laguna, not when he was in Buttonwillow. (At least that is what mom said in the KFI interview I posted a link to a few pages ago.)

Good questions. I forgot about Pyramid lake. Mom said parents address was only one in GPS. So many questions so few answers. I really don't think Bryce was thinking clearly at all. I'm sure there is more to this story that was kept private. He probably wasn't truthful with mom that night and had other intentions.

I agree. There is little bits of information here and there that may have been reported incorrectly (for whatever reason) and other things that have been omitted completely from public consumption. MOO

What an odd case. I mean, you have an extremely distinctive looking young man missing. Unless he is alive and has dyed his hair, I think we would have found him by now! Why oh why aren't they searching that lake again? Unless I am missing something, there is absolutely nothing to lead people to believe that he is still among the living. I certainly hope I am wrong about that.

The FB page said there was a sighting of a young man that looked similar in Oceanside, CA off the freeway. Once again the person reporting the potential sighting didn't stop and ask or take a photo. Oceanside is only 30 minutes away from me but there was no specification of which freeway and where he was seen. I wish people would try to find out before getting the families hopes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C
The FB page said there was a sighting of a young man that looked similar in Oceanside, CA off the freeway. Once again the person reporting the potential sighting didn't stop and ask or take a photo. Oceanside is only 30 minutes away from me but there was no specification of which freeway and where he was seen. I wish people would try to find out before getting the families hopes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems that EVERY "male with red hair" is being reported. Way back someone reported someone as looking exactly like Bryce near where I live. I knew exactly who they were talking about and posted that on the page under the tip. My post was immediately deleted (twice!) There was a huge frenzy, people were extremely angry at the woman who didn't stop to follow the guy (she was with her small children and couldn't get out of her car with them to follow the guy where he was.) People were freaking out. Leaving work to go over there and look for him. The family was encouraging the fiasco. I know that they want to find him at any cost but why do we never hear, especially when the tips are close to Laguna Niguel (as this recent one is), that the family is out there following up on the tip themselves?

It seems that EVERY "male with red hair" is being reported. Way back someone reported someone as looking exactly like Bryce near where I live. I knew exactly who they were talking about and posted that on the page under the tip. My post was immediately deleted (twice!) There was a huge frenzy, people were extremely angry at the woman who didn't stop to follow the guy (she was with her small children and couldn't get out of her car with them to follow the guy where he was.) People were freaking out. Leaving work to go
Over there and look for him. The family was encouraging the fiasco. I know that they want to find him at any cost but why do we never hear, especially when the tips are close to Laguna Niguel (as this recent one is), that the family is out there following up on the tip themselves?

I'm not very interested in alleged deleted Facebook posts. Without seeing what was written and the context, I have no way of understanding what happened.

I support Bryce's family in their search for him. We have no way in knowing what tips are being followed up by them personally or by others connected to them. I don't feel it is a requirement that the family of the missing report to the public how they handle individual tips. JMO.

What an odd case. I mean, you have an extremely distinctive looking young man missing. Unless he is alive and has dyed his hair, I think we would have found him by now! Why oh why aren't they searching that lake again? Unless I am missing something, there is absolutely nothing to lead people to believe that he is still among the living. I certainly hope I am wrong about that.
BBM. Mmmm, no. Redheads are no rarer in California than anyplace else. That's why so many false sightings. They said the same thing in the Linnea Lomax case- that blondes were rare in Sacramento. False again! Our own niece who is in her 30's has the exact same type of long, thick, curly blonde hair and lives in the Sacramento area.

Use to waterski at Pyramid Lake in my younger years. They did lock it up at night and open the gates at 6 or 7 am. There was no overnight camping there. I remember getting up at 3 am, driving up there and waiting in line for what seemed like hours to be one of the first on the lake.

I used to waterski on Castaic with my neighbors back when I was in high school.

C

It seems that EVERY "male with red hair" is being reported. Way back someone reported someone as looking exactly like Bryce near where I live. I knew exactly who they were talking about and posted that on the page under the tip. My post was immediately deleted (twice!) There was a huge frenzy, people were extremely angry at the woman who didn't stop to follow the guy (she was with her small children and couldn't get out of her car with them to follow the guy where he was.) People were freaking out. Leaving work to go over there and look for him. The family was encouraging the fiasco. I know that they want to find him at any cost but why do we never hear, especially when the tips are close to Laguna Niguel (as this recent one is), that the family is out there following up on the tip themselves?

BBM: You, my dear friend, took the words right out of my mouth! I have seen several times on the FB page where there have been possible sightings and the family is asking others to go and investigate. I am not so naive to think that the family has the ability to check out each and every possible sighting, however, I would NEVER leave it up to complete strangers to find my missing child. Perhaps it's the control freak in me but I would want to see with my own two eyes if there is any possibility of it being my child. From what I understand, both parents are retired and appear to live an above average lifestyle so I don't think time or money are the issues so what could it possibly be? This is a very strange case indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member