CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not very interested in alleged deleted Facebook posts. Without seeing what was written and the context, I have no way of understanding what happened.

I support Bryce's family in their search for him. We have no way in knowing what tips are being followed up by them personally or by others connected to them. I don't feel it is a requirement that the family of the missing report to the public how they handle individual tips. JMO.

I saw the FB posts and also found it odd that the parents asked others to check out the sightings. I agree that the family is not required to notify the public of how they are handling tips, however, presumably if they are asking for the public to investigate on their behalf then they, nor people connected to them, are checking out the possible sightings.

I think I can safely speak for everyone here on this thread that we too support the Laspisa's in their search for Bryce. Many, many of us have been here since the first days he went missing doing all we can to assist in locating him and likewise, we will be here until there is resolution to this extremely sad mystery.

I do understand that the family should follow up on the leads. I guess I hoped there would be more info, like where the individual was spotted so if that person couldn't stop someone else in the area could go look until the family had time to get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to waterski on Castaic with my neighbors back when I was in high school.

I used to ski on Castaic and fish. I'm not going on the lake again until the lake is thoroughly searched with sonar. It creeps me out to know Bryce's remains may be at the bottom.

BBM. Mmmm, no. Redheads are no rarer in California than anyplace else. That's why so many false sightings. They said the same thing in the Linnea Lomax case- that blondes were rare in Sacramento. False again! Our own niece who is in her 30's has the exact same type of long, thick, curly blonde hair and lives in the Sacramento area.

In the US, only (est.) 2-6% are redheaded.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_hair
At least it's a smaller pool than brunettes. The point being, he would be easier to spot, theoretically.

I saw the FB posts and also found it odd that the parents asked others to check out the sightings. I agree that the family is not required to notify the public of how they are handling tips, however, presumably if they are asking for the public to investigate on their behalf then they, nor people connected to them, are checking out the possible sightings.

I think I can safely speak for everyone here on this thread that we too support the Laspisa's in their search for Bryce. Many, many of us have been here since the first days he went missing doing all we can to assist in locating him and likewise, we will be here until there is resolution to this extremely sad mystery.

I didn't see the alleged deleted Facebook posts so I can't agree with anyone who says they did. Why is it odd that parents of the missing ask others to help check out sightings?

My suggestion for members of WS.

If you really support the Laspisa's in their search for Bryce, stop criticizing them on Websleuths.

JMO

Thank you very much!

If I can add to your wonderful post....It is so true that so many of us have been here since the first days of his disappearance. In addition to all that everyone has read on these threads most don't know that some of us were involved in the start up of his Find Bryce Facebook page, in creating his very first missing persons poster, in contacting the media to get his information out there before anyone had even heard the name "Bryce Laspisa", and some of us even worked with his family and girlfriend in the very beginning.

We all want nothing more than for Bryce to come home to his family and we will be a constant fixture on this thread until he is. Thanks again, la2cabo. :blowkiss:

We also were the reason BL's family contacted the Klaas organization early on, when they did. Klaas later had boots on the ground in a search of the lake area

JMHO, constructive criticism is positive and necessary in this case!

We also were the reason BL's family contacted the Klaas organization early on, when they did. Klaas later had boots on the ground in a search of the lake area

Adding to your post, WS was also the reason a WS member, Amandafast, used her own time, money, gas,etc. to go to Buttonwillow at the request of a family member to see if she could garner any information that might be useful in the search for Bryce. Unfortunately the trip didn't provide much useful information, however, she gave it a shot.

Make your own conclusions but if this topic of discussion continues (not saying it shouldn't,) the thread will either be cleansed or locked. On this case, the sensitivity is always at fever pitch.

It always seems to return to the family right or wrong. Again, draw your own conclusions. I asdk myself why?

:dunno: At this point, probably doesn't matter if this thread stays open or not since absolutely nothing is happening - no media - no search scheduled anywhere near the lake - no search scheduled period - just occasionally and passively chasing random red-haired wild geese. JMVHO

:dunno: At this point, probably doesn't matter if this thread stays open or not since absolutely nothing is happening - no media - no search scheduled anywhere near the lake - no search scheduled period - just occasionally and passively chasing random red-haired wild geese. JMVHO
Trust me I'm with you, I was just pointing out that the discussions always return to weird handling by the families.

It would be interesting to hear something from the new PI since the first PI posted here.

Or what if we take a deep breath & be reminded that members of WS are here with the only intent to help.

I tend to read most members posts', especially those that have been here much longer than myself, as coming from a place of experience. Through other cases, they have seen what has worked & what hasn't.

I also echo that at the end of the day, there is nothing more that anyone wants on this forum than to see Bryce make it home to his parents. It hurts my heart even more that this is the Laspisa's only son. The daily pain they must feel each day is immeasurable. Lets help them keep an open mind as to what works & what maybe doesn't ... as much.

Did i make sense? Or do i need more coffee?

My thoughts exactly. Great post.

I just did a dance around what you so perfectly stated.

Thank you.

This has always bothered me and if anyone can clear it up I'd be grateful. His mother says something happened in the 10 hours he was in Buttonwillow when she spoke to him at 9pm. Does she know something or speculating?

10ish pm he tells her he's going to hang with friends, 11pm buys drink. Who are these friends and why didn't he just sleep there? I've always assumed if he visited friends it was between 12-1.50 since he told mom he was on I-5 and nothing more until 1.50 when he said he detoured off I-5 and was back on it.

Was he looking for water? Could some of the lost time have been him checking out Pyramid Lake? It's about 20 minutes from Castaic Travel time between 1.50 and 2.08 calls . I don't know how they close it up for night, just wondering if he tried, but could not access it. Pyramid is 1 to 1 1/2 hours drive from Buttonwillow depending on route taken.

She spoke to him again at 11, after 12, 1.50 and 2.08.

Interesting question. Looking at Google Earth along 445 and 446 I see a number of dirt roads leading from the highway to the lake. I can see what looks like a boat ramp at Hardscrabble Creek and a much more defined one a bit further up the road. There is also the Sutcliffe waste treatment facility. I am wondering if the ramps were locked up and the trails did not afford a good means to get the SUV into the water?

Something I noted way back in the beginning is that there is a husband and wife team with their own SAR drone plane. I assume their may be others that could search around lake Castiac area without expending massive amounts of money and resources on a ground search. Between an air search by drone (or volunteer Civil Air Patrol) and water search by side scan sonar on a ROV, missing in the lake or expired in the surrounding area scenario's could be eliminated. And yes, this is my professional opinion.

At this juncture, I must assume the family or LE knows something we do not and why all searching has been suspended.

I hope LE has more to go on than just the fact that they haven't found him to conclude that he is a voluntarily missing adult.

I hope no one thought I was discounting everything that was done by so many people during the course of the past 9 threads since Bryce went missing....I was just focusing my post on the "behind the scenes" info that some may not have been aware of because they have never been posted here before.

I have followed many cases of missing people on Websleuths and you all are the most amazing sleuths! I get really, really happy when I start following a new case and I notice some of you are following it, too. A year of agreeing, disagreeing, sharing stories, working theories, hunting, theorizing, etc. builds a deep respect in me for EVERYONE on these threads....even those that challenge me, disagree with me, and make me sit on my hands (or type, delete, type, delete....) And definitely also for the mods who have the most difficult job of all!

I truly hope and pray that 2014 doesn't come to a close without answers as to where Bryce is.

Adding to your post, WS was also the reason a WS member, Amandafast, used her own time, money, gas,etc. to go to Buttonwillow at the request of a family member to see if she could garner any information that might be useful in the search for Bryce. Unfortunately the trip didn't provide much useful information, however, she gave it a shot.

Or what if we take a deep breath & be reminded that members of WS are here with the only intent to help.

I tend to read most members posts', especially those that have been here much longer than myself, as coming from a place of experience. Through other cases, they have seen what has worked & what hasn't.

I also echo that at the end of the day, there is nothing more that anyone wants on this forum than to see Bryce make it home to his parents. It hurts my heart even more that this is the Laspisa's only son. The daily pain they must feel each day is immeasurable. Lets help them keep an open mind as to what works & what maybe doesn't ... as much.

Did i make sense? Or do i need more coffee?

Seems pointless to help offer advice anymore as any great ideas we have it's not reciprocated. The case is stagnate no physical searches, media nothing. It seems not much motivation to continue. Family only asking for prayers and to take photos. I have to wonder if there really is a new PI.

JMO

I was heading to an appointment about a year ago and saw a young man with backpack and red hair, but hair was lighter, more sun bleached and maybe collar length. He jaywalked from train station and followed tracks on other side. After appointment I cruised around trying to find him, never did. There is some transient traffic in that area. I felt it was a bit of a long shot, emailed them and heard nothing back.

Trust me I'm with you, I was just pointing out that the discussions always return to weird handling by the families.

We are supporting the family, we are the few still wondering what happened and where he is.

The thing that irks me is when family chooses not to release info that may cast an embarrassing or negative light on family that may be important. Being humbled publicly usually doesn't last, but not saying things and living in limbo does. In this case I've always felt there is something that we are not privy to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298