CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of his parents just posted on Facebook that those sending Christmas Cards of their "happy families" should send people like them who are "suffering a loss" a blank card or take them off their Christmas card list. It sounds like they are no longer hopeful of finding him alive. So sad. I would copy the link but my phone isn't cooperating right now.
[emoji58]

One of his parents just posted on Facebook that those sending Christmas Cards of their "happy families" should send people like them who are "suffering a loss" a blank card or take them off their Christmas card list. It sounds like they are no longer hopeful of finding him alive. So sad. I would copy the link but my phone isn't cooperating right now.

I think people who are going through a terrible, horrific time need the message of Christmas. I agree it should be a thoughtful, tasteful card letting them know they are in their thoughts and prayers. JMO.

That's not an accurate quote. I'm not sure about them not being hopeful of finding him alive from reading the post. They certainly didn't say that.

Here's a link.

https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA?fref=nf

That's not an accurate quote. I'm not sure about them not being hopeful of finding him alive from reading the post. They certainly didn't say that.

Here's a link.

https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA?fref=nf

Thank you for the link. As for my post I t wasn't a quote, I was summarizing. I couldn't cut and paste at the time. Sorry if I wasn't clear or I read the post differently than you did.

Thank you for the link. As for my post I t wasn't a quote, I was summarizing. I couldn't cut and paste at the time. Sorry if I wasn't clear or I read the post differently than you did.

Your welcome.

It appears to me from reading the same post that saying "I love him, miss him and continue to hope for a miracle." means that his family still hopes that Bryce is alive.

I would have to say that we read the post differently.

Christmas Miracle? I believe in making things happen. Family has not organized any searches, vigils, for a very long time with plenty of people willing to help participate. Scratching my head on that one. I could not sit around and wait for a miracle knock at the door. I would be out looking, holding searches for my missing child as long as people were willing to help. I would not stop. My son told me if he ever went missing and I stopped searching he would never forgive me. I told him no worries.

The telltale for me will be the upcoming holiday. I cannot fathom that he would let the holiday pass and not contact his mom.

The telltale for me will be the upcoming holiday. I cannot fathom that he would let the holiday pass and not contact his mom.

He let the holidays pass last year though without a word.

Do they know he is alive? Is this why they are not searching the lake? Would it be an unnecessary expense?

MOO!!

Do they know he is alive? Is this why they are not searching the lake? Would it be an unnecessary expense?

MOO!!

In my opinion they must think it's more likely than not that he is alive. I can't imagine them not searching the lake otherwise. I know they are DESPERATE to find out where Bryce is so I have to believe they are doing everything they THINK needs to be done in order for them to get some resolution and peace. I just hope that they are able to look at things objectively when they're making their decisions. Being a mom myself, I know I wouldn't and couldn't stop searching for my son given the same circumstances. I hope the PI hasn't given them false hope.

Looks like girlfriend KS thought it was a good idea to research the lake and surrounding area while the lake level was at an all-time low:

https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA/posts/847151125329292

His GF was closest to him. Friends gossip and gossip can turn to rumor. Why would ex GF KS like that lake be searched again if she believed he was still alive? They talked marriage wouldn't she have heard from Bryce by now if he was still alive?

O/T: Was it ever determined how Taleka died? I followed the case for a while but moved on before hearing the cause of death. Thank you!

Sadly, she drowned in that small man-made lake not far from where her car was found.

His GF was closest to him. Friends gossip and gossip can turn to rumor. Why would ex GF KS like that lake be searched again if she believed he was still alive? They talked marriage wouldn't she have heard from Bryce by now if he was still alive?
I have to take information about his GF with a grain of salt. If he did break up with her right before he left, perhaps they weren't as close as she thought. At the very least some people were under the impression that he intended to break up with her, and that usually doesn't come out of thin air.

I look at it this way: If he disappeared and GF didn't know anything was wrong enough for him to do so, then maybe they weren't as close as she thought. If she believes they were that close, she can only think he must be deceased or he would have contacted her. The lake would be the most obvious place where he would be deceased. So it makes sense that she would want them to search the lake, if nothing else to ease her mind that he is NOT in there. It is possible his parents may have more information which could point to Bryce deciding to drop off the radar. (Examples could be: he felt hemmed in by GF and wanted out; he was wondering if he was gay; he did not want to go to college but had a different path chosen; he wanted to become a member of clergy; he did something illegal and was afraid he would be caught and go to jail; there are lots of choices) JMO.

I have to take information about his GF with a grain of salt. If he did break up with her right before he left, perhaps they weren't as close as she thought. At the very least some people were under the impression that he intended to break up with her, and that usually doesn't come out of thin air.

I look at it this way: If he disappeared and GF didn't know anything was wrong enough for him to do so, then maybe they weren't as close as she thought. If she believes they were that close, she can only think he must be deceased or he would have contacted her. The lake would be the most obvious place where he would be deceased. So it makes sense that she would want them to search the lake, if nothing else to ease her mind that he is NOT in there. It is possible his parents may have more information which could point to Bryce deciding to drop off the radar. (Examples could be: he felt hemmed in by GF and wanted out; he was wondering if he was gay; he did not want to go to college but had a different path chosen; he wanted to become a member of clergy; he did something illegal and was afraid he would be caught and go to jail; there are lots of choices) JMO.

This I totally agree with.

This I totally agree with.

So why go through the trouble to crash the truck over an embankment to get yourself injured, break out the back window and leave your cell phone, wallet, cash, ID, laptop, duffle bag? Why not just park the car in a parking lot somewhere and take flight? Going on two years missing no contact whatsoever. Maybe he ended up overdosing somewhere with some druggies he met in Buttonwillow or around Castaic and they dumped him somewhere. I doubt they would drive him to the hospital. Buttonwillow is bad news.

So why go through the trouble to crash the truck over an embankment to get yourself injured, break out the back window and leave your cell phone, wallet, cash, ID, laptop, duffle bag? Why not just park the car in a parking lot somewhere and take flight? Going on two years missing no contact whatsoever. Maybe he ended up overdosing somewhere with some druggies he met in Buttonwillow or around Castaic and they dumped him somewhere. I doubt they would drive him to the hospital. Buttonwillow is bad news.

Why go to the trouble to crash the truck and leave everything?
Possibly to make it look like something that isn't.

It was 100+ degrees that week. First SAR dogs on the scene with freshest scent probably the blood left in vehicle led LE into the water. I remember watching that video footage on my local news. So I believe at some point he was in that lake to cool off and wash off the blood from the injuries he sustained which could have been a very bad head injury for all we know with internal bleeding to his brain. I just don't think he got very far in that God awful heat. I live near LA it was hitting close to 115°. Going on 2 years. I don't see a good end to this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member