CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can only continue to assume, given what has and has not been released, that this case will go the way of Linnea Lomax' case. JMVHO & :(

If/when a major development or resolution occurs, would someone be so kind as to PM me? Thx in advance!

Wishing all you kind souls the best in the new year! :newyear:

snipped- what personal effects? it is not known what, if anything, he took out of the bag from the rear of the vehicle....just that the bag appeared to have been open....
per the Find Bryce Laspisa FB " His Toyota Highlander was found crashed in Castaic, CA with all his personal belongings but no Bryce." bbm

sadly, I still believe his remains are some where out in the area surrounding the lake

Sadly, agree with you.

Speaking of which, how would it be possible if he is (G*d forbid), in the lake....that his body has not resurfaced? Unless caught on something? Apologies for the gruesome thought.

Sorry, don't mean to be morbid here but when decomposing your body fills with gases and body rises. Who knows maybe an old anchor on the bottom or something with sharp edges snagged him. Stuff falls in the lake and people throw stuff over from their boats. By now his body would be skeletonize and I don't believe bones float. JMO

Sorry, don't mean to be morbid here but when decomposing your body fills with gases and body rises. Who knows maybe an old anchor on the bottom or something with sharp edges snagged him. Stuff falls in the lake and people throw stuff over from their boats. By now his body would be skeletonize and I don't believe bones float. JMO

Yes, this is all quite gruesome talk, but I'm trying to figure out *if* he ended up in the lake...why he wouldn't have surfaced. I really hope his family isn't reading this. Such horrible thoughts, but we must consider these possibilities.
I still think this young man is in, or close to the lake. As I've stated up thread, I have just seen so many of these cases where grid searches have not produced results, only to find the deceased at some later date....in an area that had already been searched.

I helped with one of the Sierra Lamar searches and was enlightened by the enormity of the task. Despite everyone's sincere and feverish efforts, we could have missed her a thousand times in the one day I helped. Mother nature embraces the deceased, and covers them with an earthly blanket of sorts. Somewhat comforting by notion, but it makes it very very hard for us to find these loved ones.

Yes, this is all quite gruesome talk, but I'm trying to figure out *if* he ended up in the lake...why he wouldn't have surfaced. I really hope his family isn't reading this. Such horrible thoughts, but we must consider these possibilities.
I still think this young man is in, or close to the lake. As I've stated up thread, I have just seen so many of these cases where grid searches have not produced results, only to find the deceased at some later date....in an area that had already been searched.

I helped with one of the Sierra Lamar searches and was enlightened by the enormity of the task. Despite everyone's sincere and feverish efforts, we could have missed her a thousand times in the one day I helped. Mother nature embraces the deceased, and covers them with an earthly blanket of sorts. Somewhat comforting by notion, but it makes it very very hard for us to find these loved ones.

Your are so kind to help with Sierra Lamar search. At least her alleged killer is behind bars. What a creep. His Dad was just as bad. I think most definitely they got the right guy. Lots of evidence against him. Another young person taken too early in life. I don't think her body will be found either so many places to hide bodies in CA. Desert, mountains, trees, ocean, lakes, etc. A miracle the McStay family was unearthed. This must be so difficult for the laspisa family and all Bryce's friends. So painful of the not knowing.

Your are so kind to help with Sierra Lamar search. At least her alleged killer is behind bars. What a creep. His Dad was just as bad. I think most definitely they got the right guy. Lots of evidence against him. Another young person taken too early in life. I don't think her body will be found either so many places to hide bodies in CA. Desert, mountains, trees, ocean, lakes, etc. A miracle the McStay family was unearthed. This must be so difficult for the laspisa family and all Bryce's friends. So painful of the not knowing.

I can't even begin to explain how difficult that search was...
But you are right that the biggest probability of finding these individuals is when a PWK "person with knowledge" speaks up. There are people who KNOW where these individuals ended up....maybe even Bryce, although I think his was more of a solo disappearance.

snipped- what personal effects? it is not known what, if anything, he took out of the bag from the rear of the vehicle....just that the bag appeared to have been open....
per the Find Bryce Laspisa FB " His Toyota Highlander was found crashed in Castaic, CA with all his personal belongings but no Bryce." bbm

sadly, I still believe his remains are some where out in the area surrounding the lake.

I, too, agree with this. I think he was disoriented after the crash and walked down to the water, according to one of the search dogs, if I recall correctly... Wish the family/friends would do another search around there! So sad...

It doesn't appear that he's resurfaced this year either. :( Oh how I wish we knew where he was and/or what happened to this young man. Life just is not fair...

Yes, I hate these cases that there is NO trace of the missing person! Sky... Stephanie Warner... Susan Jacobson (close to my house)... and so many more to name unfortunately. :(

You're so nice to do that rosesforangels! Bless you! And I too think they have the right guy on that one!

Happy New Year - 2015 to all who post here! :fireworks:

I, too, agree with this. I think he was disoriented after the crash and walked down to the water, according to one of the search dogs, if I recall correctly... Wish the family/friends would do another search around there! So sad...

While I believe that anything is possible, I do not think Bryce is in the lake. The search dogs traced his scent from his car to the lake but it didn't stop there. The dogs traced it around the lake and across the dam to the parking lot where it abruptly stopped. The only way a scent can stop like that is if the person gets in a car and drives away. According to phone records, Bryce called his voicemail 5 times before he crashed, maybe because he was waiting for someone to pick him up and he didn't want their phone number to show up on his phone records? There weren't any voicemails found on his phone, so this is just a theory, but he would've probably deleted them before leaving his phone behind. I don't know who would've been picking him up though because as far as I know, he didn't have any friends in the area. But how much do we really know about someone anyway? We only know as much as a person wants us to know. The possibilities are endless and I've spent hours and hours thinking of all of the possible scenarios, but in the end it will just drive you crazy.

While I believe that anything is possible, I do not think Bryce is in the lake. The search dogs traced his scent from his car to the lake but it didn't stop there. The dogs traced it around the lake and across the dam to the parking lot where it abruptly stopped. The only way a scent can stop like that is if the person gets in a car and drives away. According to phone records, Bryce called his voicemail 5 times before he crashed, maybe because he was waiting for someone to pick him up and he didn't want their phone number to show up on his phone records? There weren't any voicemails found on his phone, so this is just a theory, but he would've probably deleted them before leaving his phone behind. I don't know who would've been picking him up though because as far as I know, he didn't have any friends in the area. But how much do we really know about someone anyway? We only know as much as a person wants us to know. The possibilities are endless and I've spent hours and hours thinking of all of the possible scenarios, but in the end it will just drive you crazy.

RBBM This follows my theory. By personal effects I meant what ever it was that he removed from the bag (my thought was some sort of keepsake, contact list, burner phone, etc). The scent trail gives the "appearance" that Bryce was not disoriented, at least not enough to prevent him from crossing the dam to the parking lot. Ditch the SUV and meet up with an as yet unknown party and exit stage right.

He has not surfaced in the lake, even in the warmer weather and with a lower lake level and no discovered remains on the ground in the immediate area, even with normal public traffic.

It's just my theory... Everyone has their own.

He could easily have gotten into a vehicle. If he was not trying to disappear and he was hurt, there could have been some weirdo that picked him up.(weirder things have happened). Or some good samaritan who took him somewhere, and at that point Bryce decided to disappear. If he intended on disappearing, some good samaritan might have seen a man who was hurt, and taken him back to the truck stop if Bryce had said he was trying to get there because he had crashed his car and arranged for someone to pick him up there. From where the crash was, across the dam looks like the fastest way to get to any houses or civilization. And, of course, there is the possibility that there was someone else (a friend) traveling in another car behind him to pick him up if he planned to disappear.

As an aside, in the realm of any possibility, he could have gotten in a boat from that lot, as well. Until he shows up, one way or another, there is no way to be sure.

I am sorry for the anguish you must have endured throughout this.

RBBM This follows my theory. By personal effects I meant what ever it was that he removed from the bag (my thought was some sort of keepsake, contact list, burner phone, etc). The scent trail gives the "appearance" that Bryce was not disoriented, at least not enough to prevent him from crossing the dam to the parking lot. Ditch the SUV and meet up with an as yet unknown party and exit stage right.

He has not surfaced in the lake, even in the warmer weather and with a lower lake level and no discovered remains on the ground in the immediate area, even with normal public traffic.

It's just my theory... Everyone has their own.

Yeah. This case is a tough and very sad one.

Ive shared my opinion before and I think he is in the water. And here is mainly why I feel that way. There was an initial search dog (lets call it #1) used that tracked him directly from the vehicle in a straight shot down to the waters edge. I am putting a lot of weight into this 1st search dog even though the authorities did a second search with supposedly more advanced search dogs (#2). The #2 is the one that had the proposed track going over the dam.

All dogs have really good noses and of course when trained some can do better but I am not discounting the dog search #1. It makes the most sense to me. The track for #2 could have been residual scent while he was still in his vehicle driving over the dam and going back to where his truck was found (not away from it).

The bottom line for me so far is I think #1 is the correct track and I think what basically happened is that he was suicidal partly due to the rumored pills he had been taking in the day(s) leading up to this event. We know the type of medicine that was talked about and it can cause dramatic bizarre behavior and suicidal thoughts. I think the medicine combined with what was going on in his personal life made him very despondant.

I think he purposely was trying to drive into the water when he crashed instead because of the gate. I think the crash injured him worse than we know with some blunt force trauma that made the situation worse and I think he walked down to the water looking for the water to help relieve some of the pain from the injuries. Once he waded out in the water, I think he didnt realize how the water could drop off suddenly and I think he was in over his head in no time. The weight of the soggy clothes combined with his injuries made it difficult to swim. And he may not have wanted to try to swim at that point.

We previously looked at TOPO maps and a lot of spots have sharp drop off slopes in the water. If he went under near his vehicle area, I could easily see where the slope of the bottom allowed his body to move quite aways from shoreline till it flattened out. Then with future boat traffic, the movements of the current may have moved it till it got snagged between rocks or submerged tree trunk which could explain why it never surfaced.

If I was in control of a new search party, I would focus on the water nearest the vehicle but further out from shore than most people would realize. The boat traffic and bottom slope features could have allowed it to move much further than we would normally think.

I hope I am wrong and hope he did just run away although as more and more time passes it becomes less likely scenerio to me. It is so sad this case remains unsolved.

I really put a lot of weight in to Tracker's hypotheses, as I have seen his logic on other threads. He is most likely right, although I still have this niggling belief Bryce is in, or closely around the lake. However, if he did get in a car and drive off, I believe someone is helping him hide. Someone that distinctive looking would have been spotted, IMO

kslyfoxy ~ Were Bryce and his parents as close as his mom has lead us to believe? I know he relied on them for his basic needs and all but how was their communication? Would he have talked to his parents about anything going on in his life? Was he happy with the direction his life was going? Was he a happy person in general? It's been reported that Bryce wanted to discuss something with his mom - do you have any thoughts on what it may have been?

I'm honestly not trying to interrogate you I'm trying to get a grasp on Bryce's mindset at the time of his disappearance.

I thank you for popping in here once in a while and hope you've been able to move forward in your life in spite of this situation. I think I can speak for everyone here in that we all want the very best for you. You seem extremely intelligent and put together and I have no doubt you have a very bright future ahead of you, with or without Bryce. Wishing you all the best! :loveyou:

kslyfoxy~ Any possible chance you would mind answering as to whether or not, in the days leading up to his disappearance, Bryce made any mention of suicide or desire (whether drug induced or not) to end his life or to cease living? I am sorry for the candidness of the question and understand if you do not want to answer. I am trying to get an idea of his mindset the days leading up to his disappearance from the one who knew him best.

I have to thank you so much for participating on these boards. I can't even begin to imagine the pain and anguish you have had to endure as a result of Bryce's disappearance. I have and will continue to pray for you and all of Bryce's loved ones who continue to struggle with the unknown. :tyou:

kslyfoxy - just want to add a quick note. I remember Bryce's case grabbed my attention since he had been visiting you in Chico when he left to head south. I don't know if you still live here or not, but just know that I think about Bryce often and as a Chico local, hope you are at peace and that life is looking up for you! <3

Thank you for reopening Bryce's thread! I have followed the families FB page since day one and my heart just breaks for them. There have been numerous possible sightings over the months from Reno to Lake Havasu but sadly they were not him. The gesture from the family to pass an act of random kindness forward in Bryce's name is such a lovely tribute to him.

I wonder if the P.I. is still in contact with the family or assisting? I have not seen any of her comments on the FB page.

Tonight I will say an extra prayer for the family and of course for Bryce. Where are you BL and please if you can read any of this please know that your family needs to hear from you and know that you are okay. And know that so many people are still looking for you... You are so loved!

ETA: https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA

I had no clue the thread was reopened. I've been following his case on his missing Facebook page. All the sightings, the anniversaries, etc.

Still hoping and praying.

A flurry of sightings recently reported on the Find Bryce FB page. All turned out to be someone else. With zero new leads and absolutely nothing to substantiate that he has run away and is purposely missing I would love to see some new searches take place. Something. Anything. Where are you Bryce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000