CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A flurry of sightings recently reported on the Find Bryce FB page. All turned out to be someone else. With zero new leads and absolutely nothing to substantiate that he has run away and is purposely missing I would love to see some new searches take place. Something. Anything. Where are you Bryce?

If Bryce is still amongst the living, I would think he could easily and quickly become anonymous in LA. Alternatively, San Diego seems like a good hide out too, but more visibility. Even Vegas! He could easily get under the table work there, and never be found in the midst of that zoo. He could dye his hair to diminish recognizeability. That said, in my mind the more likely scenario is that someone is helping him, and he simply has chosen to turn his back on the life and the people he once knew.

Just thought I'd post a link to another gentleman, Derick Allen Higgins, that was recently found after he went missing in March 2013. His case is not completely dissimilar to Bryce's - he disappeared right after he was involved in a one-vehicle accident. Like Bryce, he left behind his wallet. And like Bryce, his vehicle was found in an area that seemingly held no connection to him.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ield-(last-seen-Tallahassee-FL)-21-March-2013

Gives me just a bit more hope that the possibility exists that someone can be found alive even in the face of facts that might lead one to think otherwise.

I do understand that the family should follow up on the leads. I guess I hoped there would be more info, like where the individual was spotted so if that person couldn't stop someone else in the area could go look until the family had time to get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There typically is a lot of info on the site. People have immediately organized searches after a sighting. Posts by the moderator of the site (Bryce's mom?), clearly indicate that the family takes every sighting extremely seriously and is immediately putting plans into action. The timing and context of the updates indicates to me that they mobilize quickly to determine if the sighting is valid, and track down the person sighted, thus far pretty much always ruling him out.

We also were the reason BL's family contacted the Klaas organization early on, when they did. Klaas later had boots on the ground in a search of the lake area

JMHO, constructive criticism is positive and necessary in this case!

Suggestions and information, unless repeated incessantly, does not amount to criticism. And I think criticism is quite an arrogant and presumptuous approach to take with people who aren't reading about it- they're living it.

At this point, this family has received the best advice from qualified experts from LE, search and rescue teams, private investigators and missing person's organizations. At this stage of the game, to assume any of us have the right to criticize this family for what we think they have done or have failed to do, seems audacious. Not one of us except one, possibly, knows the whole story of what this family has been doing, has been advised to do, etc.

I'm still confused about why the lake isn't being thoroughly searched. If it was me I think I would want to at least rule out that he is or isn't in there. Maybe they don't want to actually have a conclusion so they can just live and hope he is still alive!! I don't know what else to think.

MOO!!

IMO the lake has been thoroughly searched. I may be very wrong but at least that's what LE has indicated. As I have stated previously, this is a man made lake with a rather barren floor, and sparse vegetation only sporadically lining part of the lake edges, with an incredibly high degree of visibility, an amazing amount of traffic in the form of recreational boaters, etc., and fisherman, and it does not have rushing movement that would allow, for example, a body to be moved quickly and snagged on something while being held in place by the pressure of water rushing at it. It also does not freeze over.

So I think those are reasons why the Laspisas may believe LE when they state the lake has been thoroughly searched.

Searches and equipment can cost a lot. If there is little to suggest logically that Bryce is in that lake, it doesn't seem a great use of resources and those willing to do such work for free, may decline to do so, thinking other cases merit more of their attention.

I see, though, that a majority of posters (who for some reason keep insisting their opinion on the subject is "unpopular"), believe Bryce is in the lake. Well, I'm not sure, but can't anyone organize a search? If everyone feels so strongly about it that the family is repeatedly admonished for not effectuating another search, maybe some concerned, third party citizens can get together and make another lake search happen. Can’t hurt I guess.

Oh, I see. Well, of course some of the speculation can be very hard on family members who are going through absolute agony. Most Websleuthers are incredibly sensitive, respectful, and mindful of family members, but some folks forget occasionally. The absolute best scenario I have seen was with Mommybear on the Jeffrey Boucher thread. (Jeff's wife). She participated actively, and we gave her love and support after her dear husband was found deceased. We talked about some very difficult topics, but it was done in a clinical and respectful manner. Mommybear answered all of our questions to the best of her knowledge. We all respected her so much, and we "adopted" her and became very protective.

I hope Bryce's family will come back and give us another chance to love and support them, and hopefully bring this beautiful young man home. I know they are in agony.
Let's all pause and say a prayer for them this evening.
God Bless Bryce and his family, let's all circle them with compassion and understanding.

I can't imagine why his family would ever want to spend one moment here, frankly, despite the sincere concern and desire to help on the part of so many. Why?

Because they have been skewered on here for not doing what one thinks they should, inferences have been that "if it was my child I wouldn't sit around ..." Thus perhaps they aren't great parents. There have been suggestions that Bryce is gay, that his mother is controlling, that they are withholding crucial, possibly life saving information out of a highly selfish desire to save face at the expense of their own son.
That they know he is dead but are hiding that info from a desperate public for secret reasons. That they know he is alive but are hiding the info from a desperate public for secret reasons. Possibly selfish ones. There have been insinuations that something sinister is going on with his parents due to a silly amateur movie Bryce and his friend made. There have been statements and speculation that his father is creepy. Or scary. And so on and so on.

If this was my child, sad to say, I'd stay as far away from websleuths as I possibly could.

That's not an accurate quote. I'm not sure about them not being hopeful of finding him alive from reading the post. They certainly didn't say that.

Here's a link.

https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA?fref=nf

Right. What they stated is that they would prefer plain, not blank cards and that they would prefer cards that don’t feature photos of happy smiling families, reminding them that they have lost theirs. Actually, I think they were restating what another mother of a lost child had stated - that instead of happy, smiling cards that remind them of their loneliness, a card with a short note indicating that the family is remembered during this painful time, would be appreciated.

The telltale for me will be the upcoming holiday. I cannot fathom that he would let the holiday pass and not contact his mom.

Those in the throes of deep mental issues or suffering profound neurological issues often simply cannot contact their loved ones. We have a massively huge homeless population in California , 22% of the entire national homeless population. A 2007 study found that one third of the national homeless population are mentally ill.

How many of those are in contact their families of origin? How many of those are capable of doing so? How many are told that they must stay away to protect their families from gang stalkers or the Illuminati or M16 or the CIA or demons? Organizations or entities that cause them to blend in with nameless homeless populations and constantly move to avoid detection?

I can totally fathom how a missing person might not contact his or her mother over the holidays. It is very possible that a living missing person would do such a thing.

Just thought I'd post a link to another gentleman, Derick Allen Higgins, that was recently found after he went missing in March 2013. His case is not completely dissimilar to Bryce's - he disappeared right after he was involved in a one-vehicle accident. Like Bryce, he left behind his wallet. And like Bryce, his vehicle was found in an area that seemingly held no connection to him.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ield-(last-seen-Tallahassee-FL)-21-March-2013

Gives me just a bit more hope that the possibility exists that someone can be found alive even in the face of facts that might lead one to think otherwise.

Amazing! The best possible outcome for his family. Thank you so much for sharing this, it gives me hope for Bryce and others.

If Bryce is still amongst the living, I would think he could easily and quickly become anonymous in LA. Alternatively, San Diego seems like a good hide out too, but more visibility. Even Vegas! He could easily get under the table work there, and never be found in the midst of that zoo. He could dye his hair to diminish recognizeability. That said, in my mind the more likely scenario is that someone is helping him, and he simply has chosen to turn his back on the life and the people he once knew.

I pray this is the reality of what happened to Bryce. I agree that he could most definitely have disappeared himself just by relocating himself to a city outside of the handful of cities in California and Illinois where he would most likely be recognized by someone at some point. On one hand I would hate for Bryce to be alive and suffering from mental illness but on the other hand I hate the thought of him out there completely able to contact his family but refusing to. Other than mental illness or a head injury I don't see why anyone would put their family through this yet it is my understanding that some people feel very strongly that this is what he has voluntarily chosen to do. If that is the case, I pray he has a change of heart and contacts someone, anyone. If he is suffering from mental illness I hope he gets help some how (such as in the case of the before mentioned Derick Higgins, where his arrest seemed to be what finally resulted in his family finding their lost son.)

Amazing! The best possible outcome for his family. Thank you so much for sharing this, it gives me hope for Bryce and others.

Ditto. It happens. I will keep believing it is possible Bryce is alive until I can't.

I can't imagine why his family would ever want to spend one moment here, frankly, despite the sincere concern and desire to help on the part of so many. Why?

Because they have been skewered on here for not doing what one thinks they should, inferences have been that "if it was my child I wouldn't sit around ..." Thus perhaps they aren't great parents. There have been suggestions that Bryce is gay, that his mother is controlling, that they are withholding crucial, possibly life saving information out of a highly selfish desire to save face at the expense of their own son.
That they know he is dead but are hiding that info from a desperate public for secret reasons. That they know he is alive but are hiding the info from a desperate public for secret reasons. Possibly selfish ones. There have been insinuations that something sinister is going on with his parents due to a silly amateur movie Bryce and his friend made. There have been statements and speculation that his father is creepy. Or scary. And so on and so on.

If this was my child, sad to say, I'd stay as far away from websleuths as I possibly could.

^^^^
This. Thanks wasn't enough.

There's always bound to be some speculation about the missing person and their immediate family & friends when someone goes missing, but some of it in Bryce's case has seemed to me to be even more far-reaching than usual.

I'm surprised this thread has remained back open as we seem to have come full circle on what (likely) got it closed in the first place.

Thanks for answering me. I'll let you know if I'm cured later. :thinking:

Thank you for this Redux. I have to admit I have been one of those that have thought if Bryce hasn't been found alive by now he must be in the lake. Well, I stand corrected! I hope and pray the Laspisa's find their son, with or without our help. They deserve to know what happened to the boy they've raised the past 19+ years. Bryce, sweetheart, where are you??

Of course everyone here hopes Bryce is alive and well. He could have left on his own accord decided to take flight. He is an adult now and that's his choice but in doing so he could have met up with the wrong types of people here in the streets of LA, Vegas, etc. drugs run rapid amongst the homeless and mentally ill living on the streets, camps etc.. Crack houses are everywhere. It's hard living on the streets especially for a 17 year old teen who was so dependent on his parents when he went missing. He is so sweet and innocent looking someone could have taken advantage of this young man. Young people with no path can be forced or manipulated into a life they didn't choose.

My hopes are that if he had chosen to leave for awhile to get his head on straight or whatever he would have gotten a message somehow someway to his folks by now that he's Ok. This is the disturbing part for me. It's been almost 2 years. This must be tortuous for his family and friends not knowing anything. That was truly a miracle for Derick Higgens. His parents knew he was alive when he was arrested in Vegas after he went missing so at least they had a glint of hope he could be found.

I surely hope wherever Bryce is he is safe and at peace.

http://www.ibtimes.com/nashville-se...-gay-new-character-might-lead-him-out-1763069

Humor me people,
does anybody think the actor who plays "Will" on the TV show Nashville looks like Bryce?

My brain cannot rest until someone either agrees they look alive or tells me I'm nuts.
Tyvm!

I agree with you. Very similar and unique facial features IMO!

Of course everyone here hopes Bryce is alive and well. He could have left on his own accord decided to take flight. He is an adult now and that's his choice but in doing so he could have met up with the wrong types of people here in the streets of LA, Vegas, etc. drugs run rapid amongst the homeless and mentally ill living on the streets, camps etc.. Crack houses are everywhere. It's hard living on the streets especially for a 17 year old teen who was so dependent on his parents when he went missing. He is so sweet and innocent looking someone could have taken advantage of this young man. Young people with no path can be forced or manipulated into a life they didn't choose.

My hopes are that if he had chosen to leave for awhile to get his head on straight or whatever he would have gotten a message somehow someway to his folks by now that he's Ok. This is the disturbing part for me. It's been almost 2 years. This must be tortuous for his family and friends not knowing anything. That was truly a miracle for Derick Higgens. His parents knew he was alive when he was arrested in Vegas after he went missing so at least they had a glint of hope he could be found.

I surely hope wherever Bryce is he is safe and at peace.

It has been less than a year and a half since he went missing. 15 months in a couple of days. Derick Higgins was missing for a year before he surfaced in Vegas. It took another year to locate him. He too had only a minor accident and he cannot remember what caused his two year trek. He has memory issues. http://m.pjstar.com/article/20150121/NEWS/150129783

There is a site devoted to missing young, missing men from a certain area in the US alone. As I stated above we have a mammoth homeless population, many with psych or neuro issues and pretty much all have families. Derick shows us that it indeed is possible that a young man can totally disappear
and survive on the street, without funds or street experience.

I wonder how many of our millions of homeless are missing people whose families are desperately seeking them.

I won't give up hope.

I don't think any of us will give up hope. Bryce was only 17 when he went missing. I think Derrick was 21. I wish miracles like this happened more often.

Saw Bryce in this month's Red Plum Have you Seen Me Ad.

I agree with you. Very similar and unique facial features IMO!

It has been less than a year and a half since he went missing. 15 months in a couple of days. Derick Higgins was missing for a year before he surfaced in Vegas. It took another year to locate him. He too had only a minor accident and he cannot remember what caused his two year trek. He has memory issues. http://m.pjstar.com/article/20150121/NEWS/150129783

There is a site devoted to missing young, missing men from a certain area in the US alone. As I stated above we have a mammoth homeless population, many with psych or neuro issues and pretty much all have families. Derick shows us that it indeed is possible that a young man can totally disappear
and survive on the street, without funds or street experience.

I wonder how many of our millions of homeless are missing people whose families are desperately seeking them.

I won't give up hope.

BBM: I'd venture to guess that many are missing people that are loved and missed, and their families have no idea where they are. Heartbreaking.

Just to clarify...

Bryce was 19 years old when he went missing Aug. 30, 2013 (17 months ago)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragnimom