CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious: With the sonar and underwater camera, would you be looking for shapes with both of them? TIA

I appreciate and respect taking the prayer route ... but to the exclusion of all ground/lake searches effective one month post missing date and when that is that last know place BL was know to have been is, as you put it, "tunnel vision" and short sighted!

This case just is increasingly angry-making due to inactivity!

Is extreme denial in play?

I am really afraid of that in this particular case. The "keys" thing is a sign.

Just curious: With the sonar and underwater camera, would you be looking for shapes with both of them? TIA

The new sonar devices are so good these days. They just use sound waves to bounce off the bottom and build a nice "Graph" of what the bottom looks like. But the images are amazing. Below is a 300 dollar one. They make even better ones. You can see on the screen what type of nice image you get of the bottom. Amazing stuff.

The video camera is more expensive and shows an actual video picture of the underwater. But without extra lighting or a real expensive one, the good sonar devices would probably be the way to go. Once there is a "target" that looks to be the proper shape , then at some point a video camera or diver would be needed of course to confirm. Also showing link of camera below.

Here is example of what a sonar device shows. See screen on it.

http://www.thegpsstore.com/Garmin-e...r-P3970.aspx?gclid=CLnQ6M78jsECFSyCMgodpSsAFA

Here is an example of a video camera and what type of image you see.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/MARC...=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03948745&rid=20

Wow - those are impressive! Thx!

Hope all the fishermen on Castaic Lake are still aware of BL's continued missing status and are keeping their eyes peeled for anything that looks like it should be further checked.

Wonder if there are any flyers still posted in the area? At the boat ramps? etc.

Wonder what BL's uncle, former LE and who was heavily involved early on, believes happened to his nephew?

Wow - those are impressive! Thx!

Hope all the fishermen on Castaic Lake are still aware of BL's continued missing status and are keeping their eyes peeled for anything that looks like it should be further checked.

Wonder if there are any flyers still posted in the area? At the boat ramps? etc.

Wonder what BL's uncle, former LE and who was heavily involved early on, believes happened to his nephew?

That is a great suggestion because lots of fisherman have good sonar now. If they are not aware to be on the lookout while they fish, that would be sad.

Some fliers should be created with specific instructions to fisherman to be on the lookout for any shapes on their sonar that could possibly be him. They could even highlight the 2 most probable areas of the lake since if he did go in the water, it was most likely either below the vehicle area, or near the dam area.

For that matter, the flier could also tell hikers in the area to stay on the lookout as well.

I am really afraid of that in this particular case. The "keys" thing is a sign.

Yes! ... keys left in the ingnition along with cell phone, and wallet IIRC, left in the vehicle and tire marks at the take off point that showed acceleration ...

Why does this family seem to be in wait and see mode? Searching everywhere a red haired young man is spotted and yet avoiding the very place he is last known to have been?

It's excrutiating as an outsider, can't imagine the ongoing, delayed, and delaying pain they are experiencing.

Wonder if they have spoken with the Lomaxes? It could be beneficial for the Laspisas. JMO

That is a great suggestion because lots of fisherman have good sonar now. If they are not aware to be on the lookout while they fish, that would be sad.

Some fliers should be created with specific instructions to fisherman to be on the lookout for any shapes on their sonar that could possibly be him. They could even highlight the 2 most probable areas of the lake since if he did go in the water, it was most likely either below the vehicle area, or near the dam area.

For that matter, the flier could also tell hikers in the area to stay on the lookout as well.

If he was in the lake wouldn't something have floated to the top by now?
Clothing ... shoes.

And those red and white high top basketball shoes BL was said to have been wearing have never been found, IIRC.

If he went in the lake with them on, doesn't seem like he could have gotten very far and he should have easily been found.

Any sort of metal detecting device for water that could help located a body by belt buckle, metal on shoes (lace eyelets), dental metal, jewelery, etc ???

Not even sure if people would connect it to Bryce, if a shoe came up one day, something else another time. In fact, I doubt most people would.

About 4 or more months ago a private professional SARS man and his well trained SARS dog happen to be in the lake Castaic area knew about the BL case, out of the goodness of his heart at no charge took it upon himself to search the Castaic lake shores and surrounding area with his SARS dogs.

Human remains were detected by the dogs either on the south or north side of the lake I can't remember and can't find since it was removed off the FB page. He posted his findings on find the Bryce Laspisa FB page and within a day it was immediately taken down after offering to give the family the information.

The family doesn't want anymore searches which if my child I would organize searches as often as possible especially living in the same state as my missing child.

I think he will be found near where he crashed. I think the family and friends fear this as well somewhere deep inside so if there is any impulse not to search it is because of that. Of course they want their precious loved one to be alive somewhere. I hope that he is for their sake, but if not I also hope he is found and put to rest properly.

It's not a popular opinion, but I still think Bryce was attempting to circumnavigate the gates blocking the boat ramp with the intent of driving the Toyota into the lake either to give himself more time to walk away before it was realized he was missing or the intent was suicide. After the crash, he walked away over the dam tossing any additional personal effects into the water with the assumption they would not be found for quite a while....if ever, or he went into the water. I hold these scenarios far and above foul play. Either a phone call for a walkaway or a suicide note would have saved his parents and family a lot of long term anguish.

It's not a popular opinion, but I still think Bryce was attempting to circumnavigate the gates blocking the boat ramp with the intent of driving the Toyota into the lake either to give himself more time to walk away before it was realized he was missing or the intent was suicide. After the crash, he walked away over the dam tossing any additional personal effects into the water with the assumption they would not be found for quite a while....if ever, or he went into the water. I hold these scenarios far and above foul play. Either a phone call for a walkaway or a suicide note would have saved his parents and family a lot of long term anguish.

The driving around the gate on purpose seems possible. If he did do that, I also wonder about suicide in that scenerio. Maybe the driving back + forth to the lake was him contemplating whether he was going to do it or not.

There have been many other suicide cases where people dont leave a note and I would be curious to know from a physchologist why that sometimes happens. I wonder if it has to do with the despair is so great like thinking that
"nobody cares" and so if nobody cares then why go through the trouble of leaving a note and explain to others
since nobody cares anyway.

I can almost understand the mentality of not leaving a note if it gets to the point of wanting to commit suicide in the first place. A tragedy any way you cut it.

I'm inclined to agree. I'm afraid I've thought he was deceased from the beginning, though I can see why the family continues to have hope that he will be found alive.

If he was in the lake wouldn't something have floated to the top by now?
Clothing ... shoes.

Maybe it did and another boater did not even think anything about it. When I have been to lakes fishing, I run into all kinds of clothing objects and dont think twice about it. Even if someone knew he was missing, they may think there is no way they would be that lucky to spot something like a shoe, and they may have just kept on fishing.

Sometimes, people just never surface for many reasons. Its well documented that people sometimes just stay down. There was a case I saw on a show once where they found a person on bottom but had to wait till the ice thawed in the spring to be able to get him out. He was a snowmobiler who broke through the ice. He stayed down and they sent a video camera down to show him just laying there on bottom. Wasnt even snagged on anything.

Another case where a guy in a river stayed down. I think that case he did get snagged down on debris.

Just so many.
I used to always think everyone floated up until I read a lot about water cases.

I think he will be found near where he crashed. I think the family and friends fear this as well somewhere deep inside so if there is any impulse not to search it is because of that. Of course they want their precious loved one to be alive somewhere. I hope that he is for their sake, but if not I also hope he is found and put to rest properly.

The "not knowing" would make me want to pursue ALL possibilities. We cant change what happened. The goal now is to pursue the angle where it can be found out what happened. Whatever that maybe (good or bad).

The more that time goes on, the more I am unfortunately convinced he is within that lake area.

I'm inclined to agree. I'm afraid I've thought he was deceased from the beginning, though I can see why the family continues to have hope that he will be found alive.

I agree too.
Since everyone is different, I suppose some people may rather never know if the news is bad. I could never be that way, but maybe there are lots of people like that. Could explain why focusing only on runaway/walkaway situations.

About 4 or more months ago a private professional SARS man and his well trained SARS dog happen to be in the lake Castaic area knew about the BL case, out of the goodness of his heart at no charge took it upon himself to search the Castaic lake shores and surrounding area with his SARS dogs.

Human remains were detected by the dogs either on the south or north side of the lake I can't remember and can't find since it was removed off the FB page. He posted his findings on find the Bryce Laspisa FB page and within a day it was immediately taken down after offering to give the family the information.

The family doesn't want anymore searches which if my child I would organize searches as often as possible especially living in the same state as my missing child.

Thanks for posting the above!

Would be interesting to hear more from that SARS man!

Hopefully the new PI will take note and follow up on that info.

Does choosing to ignore the strong possibility that BL has passed somehow allow loved one/s to somehow, in anyway, keep him alive despite the anguish?

Wouldn't one loved one with a more realistic approach help balance the possible unrealistic beliefs of the other?

What are the uncles' positions on BL's status? Have their suggested approaches been followed or discarded?

How can it be helpful, one year on, to simply offer prayers? Isn't that perpetuating the denial?

This may be out of line but ... as this case is a public case, where the public's help was called upon, volunteers were called for and received, I think the public is owed a truthful, full scope approach, realistic expectations, including public opinions made by Klaas org, the other search group, LE who worked on the the case, searchers, etc. JMVHO

Thanks for posting the above!

Would be interesting to hear more from that SARS man!

Hopefully the new PI will take note and follow up on that info.

It was at the edge of the lake where the dogs detected the human remains scent. Since he was on foot he couldn't go on lake. I went to his SARS website. He was completely legitimate. It was taken down so quickly I never saved the info. People had questioned why it was removed so quickly. I think his parents are in denial and want to dismiss any possibility he is in or around the lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member