CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We all are captured on an average of seven CCTV cameras per day. Security cameras, red light cameras, traffic cameras, etc...yet folks seem to be able to evade detection for weeks, months even years. Even when they are being actively searched for. It is far easier to go underground in this country than most of us would like to admit. I disagree with animal experts when they say that cats go feral faster than any other animal... Humans are animals and we can go feral quite quickly.

Is this what you think happened with Bryce? Do you think he is purposely missing? I am extremely interested in how easy it would have been for him to disappear because, from the little I know on the subject, it seems like it would be difficult to do. Very interested in someone with knowledge on the topic convincing me it is a possibility in regards to Bryce. TIA!

How easy it is to disappear depends on your current position in life and what type of life style you want after the disappearance. If you want to be a farm laborer in Mexico or wash dishes in a small restaurant in NYC, it is probably easy to disappear. You won't need a SSN to get the job and you can get paid in cash and bounce between homeless shelters and soup kitchens. If you want to maintain an affluent lifestyle, it will take much planning and review of legal implications to accumulate and move assets to your future location.

Bryce could be in Mexico where he would stand out unless he wore a hat or shaved his head. Or, he could have passed through Mexico and Central America to South America where there are more people of European descent and he would not be so noticeable.

Here is an interesting story about an American nuclear plant technician who committed a crime and secretly fled to Venezuela.

http://enformable.com/2013/10/saga-michael-buhrman-landon-brittain/

To disappear on purpose requires some planning, Imo, and some access to money. I do not see where Bryce had access to either, really. Sounds like his sole financial support was via his parents. I doubt he could have saved a stash of cash, it is not really something people of his age do, rather the opposite. Unless he had been requesting more and more money, and his parents aren't saying. Jmo

If he simply wandered from lake area to try a life of shelters, food banks, manual labor, etc I think he would have been located after more than a year. Nothing we have heard about Bryce shows a strong independent streak, no offense, but rather a more typical if somewhat sheltered, college-age student from what seems to be an upper-income family. Not someone who had known hardships as far as daily life and needs, i.e food, shelter, clothing, and what not. Of course emotionally can be another story. But I am not seeing him as being in a state of mind to rationally decide to "hit the road" and be successful enough at it to keep hidden for so long. Jmo

To disappear on purpose requires some planning, Imo, and some access to money. I do not see where Bryce had access to either, really. Sounds like his sole financial support was via his parents. I doubt he could have saved a stash of cash, it is not really something people of his age do, rather the opposite. Unless he had been requesting more and more money, and his parents aren't saying. Jmo

If he simply wandered from lake area to try a life of shelters, food banks, manual labor, etc I think he would have been located after more than a year. Nothing we have heard about Bryce shows a strong independent streak, no offense, but rather a more typical if somewhat sheltered, college-age student from what seems to be an upper-income family. Not someone who had known hardships as far as daily life and needs, i.e food, shelter, clothing, and what not. Of course emotionally can be another story. But I am not seeing him as being in a state of mind to rationally decide to "hit the road" and be successful enough at it to keep hidden for so long. Jmo
While I agree with you that this would make sense, the key operative here is that nobody has really said anything about anything for some time.

The only other way I see Bryce being out on his own without sleeping on the streets, eating out of dumpsters, etc. is if he somehow managed to get to northern California or Oregon and landed a job at one of the many pot farms. I don't have much knowledge about how they operate so I'm not sure if Bryce would have to provide the typical documents that would be required at a "legitimate" job.

Here is the Castaic website and webcam. As you can see, the lake water is quite low. The white line on the far shore probably indicates the previous water level. Now maybe a good time for someone to organize a search of the waters edge for clothing, shoes, jewelry and other personal items which may be related to Bryce. A possible downside is that the site indicates that "receding water levels due to the drought are creating hazards and extremely muddy shorelines that are limited and difficult to access. Please exercise due caution when operating your vessel and while attempting to access the shoreline by foot".

http://www.castaiclake.com/
http://www.castaiclake.com/webcam.html

This was posted on the Find Bryce Laspisa FB yesterday. No response as of yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets deleted soon.

Since the Lake level is at an all-time low have you considered setting up a search of the lake area again? Perhaps some clues could be found...

https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA

Missing since July 4th when she jumped out of her parents car. Yet even with mental issues, she evaded immediate searches, used evasion tactics, dumped identification and has hitch hiked with truck drivers over a large part of this country, and has yet to be found and detained.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Susan-L-Bachman-37-Rose-Township-4-July-2014

Missing since July 4th when she jumped out of her parents car. Yet even with mental issues, she evaded immediate searches, used evasion tactics, dumped identification and has hitch hiked with truck drivers over a large part of this country, and has yet to be found and detained.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Susan-L-Bachman-37-Rose-Township-4-July-2014

Just read about it. Very sad story. She probably ended up meeting up with a very bad person or ended up taking her own life somewhere. Parents were on the way to commit her because she was suicidal.

Well I suppose that the difference there is that she had a motive to be on the run (parents were going to commit her) and there have been verified sightings (although I find it hard to believe she is still out there riding trucks around). There have been no confirmed sightings of Bryce, and as far as we know he had no reason to run.

Well I suppose that the difference there is that she had a motive to be on the run (parents were going to commit her) and there have been verified sightings (although I find it hard to believe she is still out there riding trucks around). There have been no confirmed sightings of Bryce, and as far as we know he had no reason to run.

I don't disagree. My point was that you can go missing, survive for quite a while and move around the country with little to no money or identification, even with people looking for you.

Just a quick note to let everyone know Amandafast had a very healthy and beautiful baby girl last evening. I'm sure she'll be back on here again after she gets some much needed rest. Congratulations to the entire Amandafast family! :loveyou:

Congrats Amandafast on the birth of your beautiful baby girl. What a special gift that is. I doubt you will have much time to hang with us after you get her home but I look forward to seeing you drop in once in awhile.

Although we all can rationalize semantics in one way or another, this wording, IMO, seems like an unsolicited admission of some sort of discontent that has not been publicly discussed.

JMO
That statement, to me, says that there may have been statements by other people (his room mate comes to mind) that Bryce did not want to continue with college, or wanted to do something different in his life than his family might have preferred and either didn't tell his family that, or didn't get a chance to tell his family that. And his family wants him to know (because they are hoping he is still alive) that no matter what path he chose, he doesn't have to worry that they will try to change his mind, so please contact them. I would guess that his family is covering any and all bases, no matter how possibly obscure, to make sure that Bryce knows he can come home or contact home with no repercussions. It's what I'd do if I were in their shoes.

We all are captured on an average of seven CCTV cameras per day. Security cameras, red light cameras, traffic cameras, etc...yet folks seem to be able to evade detection for weeks, months even years. Even when they are being actively searched for. It is far easier to go underground in this country than most of us would like to admit. I disagree with animal experts when they say that cats go feral faster than any other animal... Humans are animals and we can go feral quite quickly.
Totally true. Just stay away from McDonalds and Walmart.... unless something odd happens, most CCTV tapes are not studiously reviewed on a typical day (if at all). There really are so many places you could live where no one would notice you or ever have seen a missing persons flyer. Just change states, go to a medium town instead of a city, or lose yourself in a big city, dye your hair, grow it out, chop it off, change your clothing style, lose weight, gain weight, etc. It really isn't as hard as people think because most people in Connecticut have no idea what is going on in New Mexico. The average person just doesn't have any desire to change their whole life.

That statement, to me, says that there may have been statements by other people (his room mate comes to mind) that Bryce did not want to continue with college, or wanted to do something different in his life than his family might have preferred and either didn't tell his family that, or didn't get a chance to tell his family that. And his family wants him to know (because they are hoping he is still alive) that no matter what path he chose, he doesn't have to worry that they will try to change his mind, so please contact them. I would guess that his family is covering any and all bases, no matter how possibly obscure, to make sure that Bryce knows he can come home or contact home with no repercussions. It's what I'd do if I were in their shoes.

Congrats on your new baby Amandafast. Great job!!

I think Bryce's parents have made that clear from day one and to this very day that's why I believe he is deceased and cannot contact them or he would have by now. JMO

I respect you opinion and the choices of the family. This is their son, so they can handle the situation however they see fit.

Personally however, I feel it is a non sequitir to mention all of these specific things that apply or don't apply to Bryce.

Imagine meeting someone for the first time. Apropos of nothing they state that they do not use crack cocaine. Maybe they don't, but why mention it if it didn't matter?

For me, the statements/information/handling of this case have always sent up red flags, but maybe it's just my take on it.

Totally true. Just stay away from McDonalds and Walmart.... unless something odd happens, most CCTV tapes are not studiously reviewed on a typical day (if at all). There really are so many places you could live where no one would notice you or ever have seen a missing persons flyer. Just change states, go to a medium town instead of a city, or lose yourself in a big city, dye your hair, grow it out, chop it off, change your clothing style, lose weight, gain weight, etc. It really isn't as hard as people think because most people in Connecticut have no idea what is going on in New Mexico. The average person just doesn't have any desire to change their whole life.

Thank god for all the CCTV videos from the Hannah Graham case. I don't know if we would have ever found her without all those cameras to help solve the puzzle.

This past summer I was in three very small NV "towns" (former gold towns that are now more like villages) that once the locals accepted you, would help you stay off the radar. Not one camera that I saw, and I look for them.... This is just one example, there are many, many more.

This was posted on the Find Bryce Laspisa FB yesterday. No response as of yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets deleted soon.

Since the Lake level is at an all-time low have you considered setting up a search of the lake area again? Perhaps some clues could be found...

https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA

Noted the post you referred to above is currently still there.

FBL response/comment/post/thanked: zip, zilch, nada! :notgood:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member