CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still confused about why the lake isn't being thoroughly searched. If it was me I think I would want to at least rule out that he is or isn't in there. Maybe they don't want to actually have a conclusion so they can just live and hope he is still alive!! I don't know what else to think.

MOO!!

I'm still confused about why the lake isn't being thoroughly searched. If it was me I think I would want to at least rule out that he is or isn't in there. Maybe they don't want to actually have a conclusion so they can just live and hope he is still alive!! I don't know what else to think.

MOO!!
This case has always been bizarre IMO. Those of us that have been following this case since the beginning may or may not remember the weird turmoil created by "those in the know" both on WS and other social media outlets.

Logic is not the standard MO for these folks unless they have knowledge about Bryce that they are not sharing (which is their choice).

I would think that members of Bryce's family or a close family friend probably monitors this board. If they aren't already, I encourage them to get verified insider status from our Moderator, and then give us instructions on what they would like us to research. They don't have to share any personal details, just give us some action items. We are free researchers/sleuthers, and our hearts are absolutely in the right place. Task us accordingly and we will work like crazy for you!

Here's sending love and prayer to Bryce's family.

I would think that members of Bryce's family or a close family friend probably monitors this board. If they aren't already, I encourage them to get verified insider status from our Moderator, and then give us instructions on what they would like us to research. They don't have to share any personal details, just give us some action items. We are free researchers/sleuthers, and our hearts are absolutely in the right place. Task us accordingly and we will work like crazy for you!

Here's sending love and prayer to Bryce's family.
They did at one point and then everything became hyper-defensive and hyper-sensitive and for awhile the thread was closed.

They did at one point and then everything became hyper-defensive and hyper-sensitive and for awhile the thread was closed.

Oh, I see. Well, of course some of the speculation can be very hard on family members who are going through absolute agony. Most Websleuthers are incredibly sensitive, respectful, and mindful of family members, but some folks forget occasionally. The absolute best scenario I have seen was with Mommybear on the Jeffrey Boucher thread. (Jeff's wife). She participated actively, and we gave her love and support after her dear husband was found deceased. We talked about some very difficult topics, but it was done in a clinical and respectful manner. Mommybear answered all of our questions to the best of her knowledge. We all respected her so much, and we "adopted" her and became very protective.

I hope Bryce's family will come back and give us another chance to love and support them, and hopefully bring this beautiful young man home. I know they are in agony.
Let's all pause and say a prayer for them this evening.
God Bless Bryce and his family, let's all circle them with compassion and understanding.

I have lived here all my long life, and see a lot more dark-haired people than ever before. Gone is the "blonde surfer type" that was commonly associated with California years ago. We have many people from Mexico, Asia, Vietnam, India, Phillipines, etc. that have changed the demographics significantly. Red hair, of course, is still rare.

Happy Thanksgiving to the Laspisa family. Bryce, where ever you may be, I hope you are happy, healthy and safe.

I think the most important thing to remember, regardless of how rare red heads are or how distinctive Bryce looks, is that very few people know that he is missing. Even though the family was able to reach thousands of people across the world with their FB page and Billboards, missing persons fliers, etc. that is still such a small fraction of the population. IF Bryce is out there (which, sadly, I do not think he is) he could be anywhere living a very full life completely in the open and the chances of someone seeing him and recognizing him would be very slim, statistically speaking.

I think the area he went missing from needs to be searched again. I can't say that enough. Both the lake and the surrounding area. In October a woman went missing from a campground we frequent yearly in San Diego County here in California and the search effort was incredible. People from several agencies, volunteers, etc. searched for several weeks with helicopters, dogs, etc. She had people searching for her for close to two months on a regular basis (much more than the search effort put into finding Bryce) until her body was found less than a half mile from where she went missing. The area she was found had been searched by SAR (as I saw them searching there) and the terrain is similar to that in Castaic. I wonder, after so much time has passed, how difficult it would be for the family to get a group together to search the area again? It just breaks my heart that nothing is being done to locate him. Where are you, Bryce?

I think the most important thing to remember, regardless of how rare red heads are or how distinctive Bryce looks, is that very few people know that he is missing. Even though the family was able to reach thousands of people across the world with their FB page and Billboards, missing persons fliers, etc. that is still such a small fraction of the population. IF Bryce is out there (which, sadly, I do not think he is) he could be anywhere living a very full life completely in the open and the chances of someone seeing him and recognizing him would be very slim, statistically speaking.

I think the area he went missing from needs to be searched again. I can't say that enough. Both the lake and the surrounding area. In October a woman went missing from a campground we frequent yearly in San Diego County here in California and the search effort was incredible. People from several agencies, volunteers, etc. searched for several weeks with helicopters, dogs, etc. She had people searching for her for close to two months on a regular basis (much more than the search effort put into finding Bryce) until her body was found less than a half mile from where she went missing. The area she was found had been searched by SAR (as I saw them searching there) and the terrain is similar to that in Castaic. I wonder, after so much time has passed, how difficult it would be for the family to get a group together to search the area again? It just breaks my heart that nothing is being done to locate him. Where are you, Bryce?

BBM: I think many people share this same sentiment. Now, if we could just get the family on board...

They must know something we dont?
That's one of two things thing I can think of to explain not searching the, which if true, is just really too bad.

If they have a strong reason the believe that he did not end up in Castaic Lake but are not sharing info about where/who he is with, any hope of an the public at-large identifying him essentially is nil IMO.

I think time is of the essence and as it passes hope for closure, be it discovering Bryce's choice to move on or his untimely passing will be less and less likely.

Obviously I wish that were not the case, but I think it is a realistic take based on what we know about this case and cases in general.

where is he? unfortunately I think he is no longer with us. I wish the lake would be searched again.

makes me so sad to see the instagram picture of him and his gf, looking so happy and enjoying my town. I wish he hadn't left Chico - or at least let his parents come get him :(

One of his parents just posted on Facebook that those sending Christmas Cards of their "happy families" should send people like them who are "suffering a loss" a blank card or take them off their Christmas card list. It sounds like they are no longer hopeful of finding him alive. So sad. I would copy the link but my phone isn't cooperating right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298