CA CA - Cajairah Jae Fraise, 22, walked away from family vehicle, 35 weeks pregnant, Beaumont, 23 Feb 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
New- BPD Press Release

Beaumont Police Department states: "At this time Detectives have requested additional resources but are also finding the family is not cooperatively working with detectives in providing the necessary additional information to assist detectives in bringing Cajairah home."

Why, I wonder :confused:

Having exhausted immediate leads on her whereabouts and being concerned reference her late term pregnancy the Beaumont Police Department issued a missing persons bulletin via social media pages, to illicit information from the public or additional friends or family who might have more information to provide to investigators. At this time, Detectives also expanded efforts to distribute information to hospitals, clinics, mental health facilities, shelters and other organizations in Riverside County, San Bernardino County, and Nevada. As well as requested, additional aerial support to survey the area where she was last seen.
RSBBM
Oh dear. "Illicit" is on the original, but "elicit" is what they meant to say.

A pregnant woman who went missing after walking out of a Jack in the Box restaurant is still missing a month later, California police said.

Cajairah Jae Fraise, 22, of Moreno Valley, was 35 weeks pregnant when was reported missing by family after she walked away from her parents in Beaumont on Feb. 24, the Beaumont Police Department said in a March 22 news release. Since her disappearance, police said they have spoken with family members and looked through “surveillance footage in the area.”

Detectives also looked into leads stemming from social media posts and phone records, according to police. They searched where Fraise worked and places she often visited.

[...]

Fraise is now nearing the end of her pregnancy and is either “close to, or has already given birth,” police said.

Detectives began following leads related to posts on social media, phone records and places where Fraise worked or frequented. Extended family members and friends have been questioned and a missing person’s flyer was distributed to local and regional law enforcement agencies.

Detectives also expanded their search efforts to distribute information to hospitals, clinics, mental health facilities, shelters and other organizations in Riverside County, San Bernardino County, and parts of Nevada. Searches were also conducted by drones, and detectives walked the area where she went missing to look for additional clues related to her disappearance.

As of March 23, Fraise would be about 40 weeks pregnant. She may be very close to or has already given birth.

Beaumont Police Department has classified her as a "critical missing" person and is asking the public, friends, family, and acquaintances for any helpful information. Police say she was 35 weeks pregnant when she disappeared and could have already given birth.

Investigators have searched the area from the air and the ground, monitored social media, and put up missing person flyers. They have also requested copies of surveillance footage and searched for leads in phone records and places where Cajairah frequently went. However, the police claim that the family is not cooperating with detectives, and they are pleading for more information.

Cajairah's mother, Karah Fraise, disputes several key facts presented by police, including the timing of the report and the claim that the family is not cooperating. She alleges that the Beaumont police were slow to file a missing person report, and their lack of urgency resulted in almost all surveillance footage expiring.

Surely if she had gone into hospital they would be alert? They would either have her name or be suspicious if she gave a false one and they had no records on? I am wondering if something happened to her weeks ago.

IMO They don't have any obligation to report than an adult woman is having a baby.

New- BPD Press Release

Beaumont Police Department states: "At this time Detectives have requested additional resources but are also finding the family is not cooperatively working with detectives in providing the necessary additional information to assist detectives in bringing Cajairah home."
This is such b.s. What does the family need to give LE? How about LE goes and does its job of investigating? This is a common and pathetic refrain. If all it took was to talk to people then we wouldn't need police. Come to think of it...

Yeah, I don't get it.

Why, I wonder :confused:
The family made a statement in this article that referenced her "mental health". Family of missing pregnant woman issue statement on police news release - KESQ I'm wondering if perhaps LE was asking questions along that line that the family felt was not necessary or inappropriate and didn't answer. Sometimes it's simply a matter of communication between parties. I hope they can resolve any issues and just focus on what is important which is finding this young woman and her child.

She was seen on the camera behind the school heading south. If I recall correctly, someone told her family that was the direction she was headed in but they could not find her. She really can't go south past the school because there is a tall fence there. I highly doubt she climbed it. If she did manage to go past the fence, she would be in an open field that would be a little treacherous to traverse in the dark due to uneven terrain. I believe part of it is even a deep ditch. If it were daylight, she would almost assuredly be seen there. The other option if she headed south was to walk along a very dangerous road that goes down the mountain. People drive way too far and frequently this road is backed up or stopped due to accidents.

The area she is missing from is a heavily trafficked area, almost regardless of time of day or night. It's right off of I-10. West is LA and east is Palm Springs, then many people continue on to Phoenix. I'm wondering if someone picked her up. She could be anywhere.

Nothing new locally
It appears they brought dogs in, but I am not sure exactly where they searched. Just behind the school and the Jack-in-the-Box (to the west toward Moreno Valley) are several homes on fairly large lots. At least one of them has a lot of "stuff" in the yard. No idea if they searched that, but it's where I'd start. Once you leave the immediate area of the restaurant and the school, it's really dark. If she wandered over near the houses I could see her getting hurt or even just taking shelter there and then something unfortunate happened.

If she continued walking south down the mountain toward San Jacinto, it would be very dangerous. Cars drive way too fast down the mountain. There are frequent accidents that cause stopped traffic, and it's very dark. If she tried to walk on the shoulder or off to the side, it would be treacherous in many areas. It drops off into deep ravines in multiple places. I have no idea if the side of the road in this area was searched.

Up thread, one of articles said something about her mental health. I wish we knew more about that. Mental health is such a vague, wide ranging term and people define it quite differently (positively and otherwise). Did we ever hear if she had her phone with her when she went missing?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VikkiB73
Back