CA CA - Cajairah Jae Fraise, 22, walked away from family vehicle, 35 weeks pregnant, Beaumont, 23 Feb 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There are two local Facebook groups with information about the search for Cajairah.

The first group is not run by family but has extended family members in it that have been blocked by Cajairah's family.
Facebook-Finding Cajairah

The second group is run by her family.
Facebook-FindCajairah

There is quite a bit of friction between the two groups.
My goodness! I don’t know what to say about the pages. I’m stunned by what I’m not seeing, anyone else? This seems like a mess with some undertones of getting a small snippet of what’s really going on.

I may have missed it but is there any mention of the baby's father? Perhaps someone (family or acquaintance) was not happy about the impending birth.
I don't recall seeing anything in the news. (Please correct me if I am wrong.) If you read through comments on the two FB pages, several people speculate on who the father is. It's unclear who knows or if anyone knows who the father is...as best as I can tell.

After going through the facebook pages, I understand why PD says the family is not cooperating.

I hope Cajairah is voluntarily missing and able to enjoy the bliss of her son's first weeks.

JUN 28, 2023
[...]

"I pulled up, I looked at her, she was looking at us, she looked back at us, everything was fine," said her father, Jamel Fraise, during an interview with Eyewitness News. "So, finished paying for our food ... less than a minute later, our daughter is vanished."

A surveillance video taken from a nearby charter school shows Fraise walking in the area. It was the last time she was seen.

[...]

By now, she would have delivered her son - a day her family had been looking forward to.

"We had so many plans together and she was so excited about having the baby," said Karah Fraise, Cajariah's mother.

The Beaumont Police Department told Eyewitness News the case remains active with detectives following all leads and their goal remains to bring Cajariah back to her family.

[...]

I’ve read the article and I still don’t really understand the interaction they are describing. It doesn’t really make sense.
I'm trying to figure this out, too. It sounds like they ordered food and she decided to get out of the car at that point. Her dad pulled forward to pay at the window and he looked at his daughter. She looked back at him. Everything was fine. He looked away to pay, then looked back and she was gone.

In the article it states that they searched a field. I am so glad they did. I assume it's the field I had in mind in prior post.

"I pulled up, I looked at her, she was looking at us, everything was fine. So, finished paying for food, less than a minute later our daughter is vanished," said Jamel Fraise, her father.

Cajairah, due to give birth to a baby boy on March 29, had countless plans and was eagerly anticipating motherhood, according to her mother, Karah Fraise.

Police said the family initially delayed reporting Cajairah's disappearance while searching for her. However, Cajairah's family disputes this claim, asserting that the Beaumont Police were slow in their response, resulting in the loss of crucial surveillance footage.

"They didn't share any information for almost two weeks, and we are going out there looking for her, trying to find her, asking and sending emails, and by the time we get a response, it's almost two weeks later," Jamel Fraise said.

The family of missing Cajairah Fraise sat down for an interview with LA's ABC7 news.

Strangely, the family members being interviewed chose to cover their faces?

Family of missing pregnant woman in Beaumont desperate for answers as search intensifies
I believe this is why:
The Beaumont Police conducted searches in the area, but tensions escalated as detectives accused the family of being uncooperative with the investigation. The family, however, provided conflicting information and alleged that such accusations led to a social media campaign of harassment. "All these unbelievable things that have been said – that is what hinders us helping Cajairah be found," Jamel Fraise said.

Cajairah still hasn't been found? Following this case was difficult due to lack of information, I see that hasn't improved all these months later.

What are the prevailing thoughts here - voluntarily missing, random stranger abduction, harmed by someone known to her? Very frustrating, her poor family!!

Sounds to me like voluntarily missing. Perhaps she was suffering from what I would call premature postpartum depression--perhaps "parturient depression" would be the correct term. MOO
On the face of it, initally I suspected her family was covering something up. But doesn't seem likely all these months later.

So do you think she is alive and hiding somewhere?

Based on the limited information that I can make sense of, I also lean towards voluntarily missing. (But I can easily be swayed! I feel like there are a lot of holes.) If we didn't have video of her behind the school, I would probably feel differently and question if she'd ever been at that location.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back